The New Jerusalem

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

FlyingDove

Dec 27, 2017
KJV
John records that the New Jerusalem is approximately 1,500 miles long, and it is as wide and as high as it is long. (Rev 21:15–17).

It's lighted by the Shekinah Glory of God (vs 23). Its twelve foundations, bearing the names of the twelve apostles, are “decorated with every kind of precious stone” (vs 19).

It has twelve gates, each a single pearl (Pearly Gates vs 21). The street will be made of pure transparent gold (vs 21).

The curse of the old earth will be gone (Rev 22:3). In the city are the tree of life “for the healing of the nations” and the river of life (vs 1–2).

This is the place that Paul spoke of: “In the coming ages God will show the incomparable riches of his grace, expressed in his kindness to us in Christ Jesus” (Eph 2:6).

The New Jerusalem is the ultimate fulfillment of all God’s promises manifested.

Angels are at the gates (vs 12). But the city will be filled with God’s redeemed children. The New Jerusalem is the righteous counter to evil Babylon (Rev 17), destroyed by God’s judgment (Rev 18).

If you believe that Jesus, the Son of God, bought & paid for your sins on the cross, died & rose again. Then you are/will be a citizen of the New Jerusalem.

God raised you up with Christ and seated you with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus” (Eph 2:6).

Believers have an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade (1 Pet 1:4).

John 14:
1 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

Some numbers for fun:
KJV: 1500 miles high, 1500 miles wide & 1500 miles long. If you cut in a floor every 12 ft. That would be 660,000 stories high x 1500 miles long x 1500 miles wide.

Again for fun:
I'm going say 1 floor every 1000 ft. This would be the the height of an average skyscraper (touching clouds) in many citys. So aprox 5 floors per mile x 1500 miles = 7,500 storeys. That would equal the approximate living land mass of 100 earths.

Jacob's Ladder lead to a Gate that opens the door to the 3rd heaven. (Gen 28:11-13 - 16-18)

One day soon, God will again, open that gate/door & we will see:

Rev 4:1 (A) After this I looked, and, behold, a door [was] opened in heaven:

Rev 21:2 And I saw the holy city, ""the new (Heavenly) Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God"", all arrayed like a bride beautified and adorned for her husband.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
It's lighted by the Shekinah Glory of God (vs 23). Its twelve foundations, bearing the names of the twelve apostles, are “decorated with every kind of precious stone” (vs 19).
Hmm............not what my KJV says

19) And the foundations of the wall of the city were garnished with all manner of precious stones. The first foundation was jasper; the second, sapphire; the third, a chalcedony; the fourth, an emerald;

21) And the twelve gates were twelve pearls; every several gate was of one pearl: and the street of the city was pure gold, as it were transparent glass.

Don't see anything about they being named after the Apostles.........???

bitmoji-20190109015138.png

FlyingDove

Dec 27, 2017
Hmm............not what my KJV says

Don't see anything about they being named after the Apostles.........???

View attachment 192859
Rev 21:14 And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and in them the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.

Troll on!

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Ok, so you had the wrong verse mentioned..........that's cool........

FlyingDove

Dec 27, 2017
Lion must hunt, troll must troll, troll on...

L

LPT

Lion must hunt, troll must troll, troll on...
That’s not very humble like, he said you had the wrong verse posted v19 though it was 14. yet you bash him by calling him a troll, how rude.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
KJV
John records that the New Jerusalem is approximately 1,500 miles long, and it is as wide and as high as it is long. (Rev 21:15–17).

It has twelve gates, each a single pearl (Pearly Gates vs 21). The street will be made of pure transparent gold (vs 21).

The curse of the old earth will be gone (Rev 22:3). In the city are the tree of life “for the healing of the nations” and the river of life (vs 1–2).

This is the place that Paul spoke of: “In the coming ages God will show the incomparable riches of his grace, expressed in his kindness to us in Christ Jesus” (Eph 2:6).

The New Jerusalem is the ultimate fulfillment of all God’s promises manifested.

Angels are at the gates (vs 12). But the city will be filled with God’s redeemed children. The New Jerusalem is the righteous counter to evil Babylon (Rev 17), destroyed by God’s judgment (Rev 18).

If you believe that Jesus, the Son of God, bought & paid for your sins on the cross, died & rose again. Then you are/will be a citizen of the New Jerusalem.

God raised you up with Christ and seated you with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus” (Eph 2:6).

Believers have an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade (1 Pet 1:4).

John 14:
1 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

Some numbers for fun:
KJV: 1500 miles high, 1500 miles wide & 1500 miles long. If you cut in a floor every 12 ft. That would be 660,000 stories high x 1500 miles long x 1500 miles wide.

Again for fun:
I'm going say 1 floor every 1000 ft. This would be the the height of an average skyscraper (touching clouds) in many citys. So aprox 5 floors per mile x 1500 miles = 7,500 storeys. That would equal the approximate living land mass of 100 earths.

Jacob's Ladder lead to a Gate that opens the door to the 3rd heaven. (Gen 28:11-13 - 16-18)

One day soon, God will again, open that gate/door & we will see:

Rev 4:1 (A) After this I looked, and, behold, a door [was] opened in heaven:

Rev 21:2 And I saw the holy city, ""the new (Heavenly) Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God"", all arrayed like a bride beautified and adorned for her husband.
Good write up about our eternal home.. And also it is coming out of heaven and down to us one day. :)

Revelation 21: KJV
2 "And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband."