The New Place

  • Thread starter Thread starter InspiringThroughChrist
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
I

InspiringThroughChrist

Guest
Transitioning to a new place can be scary, it can be difficult, and it can even be devastating! Can you imagine how Abram must have felt when he heard God utter these unexpected words in Genesis chapter 12..."Leave your country, your people and your father's household and go to the land I will show you". Sometimes I wonder did Abram respond with quick obedience or did he do like most us and respond with delayed obedience because of how scary and devastating those words must have been.
*** Then I wonder what it have been easier for Abram to respond immediately if God was only requiring him to SEPARATE from everything that he's ever known only temporarily? The Bible doesn't go into much detail about how quickly or how slowly Abram responded but I believe that it was God's promise of...“I will make you into a great nation, and I will bless you; I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing." that caused Abram to obey without hesitation. I believe that what God was saying to Abram was that the place where he was, was TOO SMALL to contain the blessing that He was about to pour out on him. If God would have poured out the blessing BEFORE Abram went to the NEW place, the OLD place would've undoubtedly contaminated the blessing!
**********So as it is with us! A lot of the times we want the blessing of God without being willing to go to a NEW PLACE! But because the Father loves us the way that He does He SENDS us to the NEW PLACE first then He gives us the blessing. If not, the blessing would be TOO BIG for the old place ( our old way of thinking, our old nature, and our old way of doing things) causing the blessing to be contaminated!
********** For some of you reading this God is calling you to a NEW place!...Where you are is TOO SMALL to contain the blessing! Even as I type I hear God saying that you've been thinking TOO SMALL! He's calling you to come UP in your way of thinking! He's calling you to come UP in your way of doing things! He's calling you to come UP even in how you see yourself! What you don't know is that God SHIFTED you to another place a long time ago , He's just waiting for you to COME UP to the NEW PLACE with Him!.
Will today be the day that you decide to COME UP?