The Noahide Laws

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

would you take the Noahide Oath?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 14 100.0%

• Total voters

zone

Jun 13, 2010
The Noahide Pledge

From English WikiNoah

Jump to: navigation, search
Maimonides says that "One who accepts these [basic laws] is called: Ger Toshav in every place, and he must be accepted in front of three judges"[1], and in the next verse says "Everyone who accepts the seven commandments and is careful to perform them – this person is of the Chasidei Umos HaOlam, and he has a portion in the world to come. He accepts them and performs them because they were commanded by the Kodosh Baruch Hu, revealed to us by the hand of Moshe Rabbenu that the Bnei Noah were previously commanded in these things. However, if he keeps these [laws] because of intellectual decision – he is not called a Ger Toshav and is not of the Chasidei Umos HaOlam, he is [only] one of their wise men."[2]

The following are various opinions on the appearance of the Noahide in front of three judges, commonly – although usually incorrectly – called the Noahide Oath.

http://wikinoah.org/index.php/The_Noahide_Pledge

~

to ponder:

would you take this Oath?
should anyone?
where does this come from?
where is it headed?

Last edited:
G

Gabriel777

It's headed to Christian persecution. What is written must come to pass

zone

Jun 13, 2010
It's headed to Christian persecution. What is written must come to pass
yes brother.
this is what this is.
restrained all these many years.

Jan 26, 2009
The Noahide Pledge

From English WikiNoah

Maimonides says that "One who accepts these [basic laws] is called: Ger Toshav in every place, and he must be accepted in front of three judges"[1], and in the next verse says "Everyone who accepts the seven commandments and is careful to perform them – this person is of the Chasidei Umos HaOlam, and he has a portion in the world to come. He accepts them and performs them because they were commanded by the Kodosh Baruch Hu, revealed to us by the hand of Moshe Rabbenu that the Bnei Noah were previously commanded in these things. However, if he keeps these [laws] because of intellectual decision – he is not called a Ger Toshav and is not of the Chasidei Umos HaOlam, he is [only] one of their wise men."[2]

The following are various opinions on the appearance of the Noahide in front of three judges, commonly – although usually incorrectly – called the Noahide Oath.

~

to ponder:

would you take this Oath?
should anyone?
where does this come from?
where is it headed?

Zone looks lyk u study a lot ahah i read things on ur threads of words i have neva heard of b4 haha
God bless

zone

Jun 13, 2010
Zone looks lyk u study a lot ahah i read things on ur threads of words i have neva heard of b4 haha
God bless
hi sam.
ya this was hidden for a thousand years.
this is the big mystery secret the masons and those guys have been carrying forward.

a couplea years ago you couldn't find anything on it. but then all of a sudden out comes all this stuff.

this is the Babylonian Talmud...the Oral traditions of the Pharisees, in their present form today.

i'll post more on it.

check this out:

The Universal Sabbath

the Sanhedrin only reappeared in 2004 after 1600 years gone....i saw it happen.

zone

Jun 13, 2010
The Noahide laws are comprised of seven universal laws biblically binding upon all humanity. They include prohibitions against idolatry, blasphemy, forbidden sexual relationships including adultery and incest, murder, theft, cruelty to animals and the failure to implement orderly processes of justice. In 1991, a joint resolution of the United States congress called its principles "the bedrock of society from the dawn of civilization…” without which "the edifice of civilization stands in serious peril of returning to chaos".

Noahide.org - Mission

zone

Jun 13, 2010
WDC MEDIA NEWS
Christian News and Media Agency

UN NGO Reps Pledge to Follow Noahide Laws

By David Yisraeli

2011-01-21 -- WDC Media News --
(Religion)

24 Tevet 5771 -- A conference advocating for the acceptance and adherence to the Noahide Laws was held on December 22, 2010.

The event's title was “Unity, Youth and World Peace”. Presenters included Mr. Joop Theunissen from the United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC), and Rabbi Yakov D. Cohen of the Institute of Noahide Code, who opened and moderated the conference.

More than 90 people attended this important event, many of whom expressed an interest in continuing this work.

Mr Joop Theunissen Deputy Chief of the NGO branch of ECOSOC signed a proclamation pledging to keep the Laws of Noah.

"Their observance is required, so that the vision of the United Nations – to have a settled and civilized world, in which economic justice and righteousness will prevail - can be fulfilled, with all of us working together in unison."

Noahide Code Rabbi Yakov Cohen said, "Especially now in these turbulent times, when so many people everywhere feel pressured and unsettled as a result of the global financial crisis, it is more important than ever to focus on the most important part of life: the spiritual integrity of human beings before G-d and the desire of the Creator to bestow all blessings on humanity through the full and complete redemption. At the same time, for the sake of children and youth around the world, it is critical that the representatives of the nations affirm and commit publicly to the basic premise, that people respect the very core fabric of life given by the Creator, which the Seven Universal Laws of Noah represent.
Click link to read more....

http://www.noahide.org/article.asp?Level=596&Parent=88

A

Abiding

I didnt go to the sites but have seen that Bush signed us on. Have to look it up. was stuck on some agriculture amendment or something.
They settle some cases in the UN too.

zone

Jun 13, 2010
The Noahide Pledge

From English WikiNoah

What about those who hold "that person" is messiah.

People who hold that he is not and was not any part of a divinity, but still holds that he was a messiah.

Answer. It is the opinion of Rabbi Schwartz that a person who believes that "that man" was a messiah is not transgressing any prohibition. However the issue is as follows: someone who believes that "that man" was a messiah seems to be only partly disassociating himself from full christianity, and there is a problem of what is meant by the term "messiah". Is the messiah a "divine messenger" to "save" the world. Now when I say "a divine messenger" I mean someone - otherwise normal human being - sent by "the divinity" as a messenger. It seems that some people mean "a person with divine attributes"!

An issue which could be seen as semantic becomes of major consequence.

The decision of Rabbi Schwartz is therefore that in the beis din over which he presides he will not accept declarations of people with christian background if they think that "that man" was a messiah. This DOES NOT MEAN that the declaration of such a person before any [other] beis din is valueless. Perhaps another beis din will be satisfied that the person before them is bona fide in acceptance of the totally non-divinity of "that man". They may accept the declaration, and it will be fully valid.

A

Abiding

That wasnt very clear. :)

zone

Jun 13, 2010
That wasnt very clear. :)
i'm sorry Abiding.
(?) what did you mean? could you restate?
bush sr. signed in the NL thing, but they all have. each president i think since reagan: obama just did as well.

zone

Jun 13, 2010
Speaking of the coming of Moshiach, the prophet Yeshaya revealed that the gentile nations will play a startlingly important role in the ingathering of the Jewish exiles: "Thus said Hashem G-d, 'Behold, I will raise My hand to the gentiles, and I will lift My banner to the peoples, and they bring your sons on their arms, and your daughters will be carried on their shoulders" (49:22).

At the end of his book, Yeshaya again describes this incredible event: "And they [all the gentiles] will bring all your brothers from all the nations as an offering to Hashem, on horses, on chariots, in covered wagons, on mules, and with joyous songs to My holy mountain Yerushalayim" (66:20). According to the explanation of Redak, this refers to those Jews who do not return on their own. The gentiles, seeing the miracles and the sanctification of Hashem's name, will bring the last Jews out of exile, returning them physically to the land of Israel and spiritually back to the Torah.

How could the non-Jews have such an amazing spiritual power? The answer is obvious. Originally, those Jews who abandoned Torah mitzvos did so out of the desire to assimilate, to emulate the gentiles who were ignoring their own Torah service of the Seven Noachide Laws. Consequently, as soon as the gentiles will become observant B'nei Noach, carefully following their mitzvos as commanded in the written and oral Torah, they will lead Jews back in the opposite direction. Instead of Jews having to flee golus, the golus itself will be transformed into geulah, ushering Jews back to Yiddishkeit.

http://noahide.com/bm_article.htm

A

Abiding

Oh! didnt know. I knew Bush jr did. I meant the last section. What about those who.... I didnt understand clearly what it was saying.
Either it was written that way, or its me. :)

zone

Jun 13, 2010
Oh! didnt know. I knew Bush jr did. I meant the last section. What about those who.... I didnt understand clearly what it was saying.
Either it was written that way, or its me. :)
oh...that's the Sanhedrin's decision on people who will stand before them.
they decided anyone who claims "that man" was the messiah come to save the world will be guilty of breaking the Law.

they mean Jesus.

the penalty is recorded for us in Revelation 20.

A

Abiding

That last article showed something I hadnt seen. And thats the angle and effect the new laws taken up by gentiles to motovate true torah believing Jews. So far the torah believing jews are scared of the zionists and dont want to go to Isreal and live with satan worshipers. That is if i read that right.

A

Abiding

oh...that's the Sanhedrin's decision on people who will stand before them.
they decided anyone who claims "that man" was the messiah come to save the world will be guilty of breaking the Law.

they mean Jesus.

the penalty is recorded for us in Revelation 20.
Are the thrones in verse 4, the Sanhedrin courtrooms maybe kinda?

zone

Jun 13, 2010
Are the thrones in verse 4, the Sanhedrin courtrooms maybe kinda?
according to my position in amillennialism, that's where our brothers and sisters are right now (not glorified bodies yet, john saw souls)...and that's where each of us will go. until the last one to be killed is killed, then The Second Advent comes, and they all come with Jesus to save, to reap the harvest, bring resurrection and judgment and NEW JERUSALEM:)

john saw heaven, a time figuratively called a thousand years, from the First to the Second Advents (with satan's little season right at the end - trib etc per 2 Thess 2)

my understanding is thrones in Rev are always in john's visions of heaven.
the vision of Jesus on Zion (this is heavenly jerusalem) with the 144,000, i believe is just that, Jesus with His israelite remnant firstfruits overlooking the trib on earth.

we do not know who they are, but they are hebrews, specifically named by tribe.

at the same time, the numbers symbolize completion: fullness 12 x 12 x 1000

that's my position at this time....i'm still studying.

Last edited:
A

Abiding

oh!.. right :) would have helped if I had turned that page and read the whole verse.

S

Scotth1960

The Noahide laws are comprised of seven universal laws biblically binding upon all humanity. They include prohibitions against idolatry, blasphemy, forbidden sexual relationships including adultery and incest, murder, theft, cruelty to animals and the failure to implement orderly processes of justice. In 1991, a joint resolution of the United States congress called its principles "the bedrock of society from the dawn of civilization…” without which "the edifice of civilization stands in serious peril of returning to chaos".

Noahide.org - Mission
It's more important to obey the ten commandments than to take an oath to obey them.
Law-keeping is something all Christians will want to do, without doubt. I think there is more to Christianity than a Noahide Oath. There are more laws than just 7 commandments. We should do whatever Christ tells us to do, not just follow the latest fad, which this reference to
Noahide stuff could become. As long as it doesn't become an idol of self-righteousness to view oneself as a righteous Noahide covenanter, there is nothing wrong with obeying the Noahide laws.

S

SantoSubito

I could not take the Noahide pledge in good conscience since it would involve renouncing that Jesus is divinity (though weirdly they do allow Noahides to accept Jesus as a non-divine messiah). However, I see nothing wrong with any of the seven Noahide laws, and every Christian living in a civilized nation is following them already.