THE NUMBER PI IN THE BIBLE

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Enoch987

Jul 13, 2017
Was the circumference of the bowl 30 cubits or 30.14159 cubits?

Are there words in the ancient Hebrew language to express 0.14159?
Missler says the original Hebrew misspells circumference. The misspelling has a gematria of 106. The correct spelling has a gematria of 111. 3 times 111/106 = 3.1415. The misspelling agrees with KJV words by James37.

Enoch987

Jul 13, 2017
First, I am going to disagree with your mathematics. If you actually did the computation up above to the 10th decimal place, you will find that it does NOT equal Pi. (Actually taking it to the third decimal place would suffice!)

30/10 x (111/106) = 3.1415094339

Whereas, Pi, is actually, to the 10 decimal point: 3.1459026538

So, your so called precise mathematical proof is WRONG! This is basic arthimetic that I guess you and Chuck do not know how to do. Now, if you want to be in the company of someone who cannot do basic arithmetic, that is your choice. But stop quoting him as knowledgeable in basic math. (We won’t even get into exegesis!)

I was actually going to address how you randomly forced “111” and “106” into your equation, from basically no where. But, the point has been proved, simply by going to 3 decimal places. Did you know that Pi has been calculated to a milion decimal points and beyond? That is real math, for whatever it is worth.

It would behoove you to take a few basic math courses, so you can understand the difference between the answer of your equation, and the actual numbers in the decimals points of Pi. Your scenerio is completely false. Because in real math the decimal places count!

Then again, maybe take a few course in Biblical hermeneutics, to learn how to properly exegete and interpret the Bible. Your methodology most resembles mental illness. Here’s a link for you in case you don’t believe me. Or, just google is yourself. Pi is NOT 3.1415 as you have put above.

https://www.joyofpi.com/pi.html
The answer is rounded to the nearest 3.1415 is to the nearest 1/10000 of pi. pi is the ratio of circumference to diameter in any circle. If you take the radius of any circle then measure how many radiuses (radii) there are around the circumference of the circle there are 6.28 radii (radians) around the circumference which is 2 times pi (3.14 x 2).

Laish

Jul 31, 2016
The answer is rounded to the nearest 3.1415 is to the nearest 1/10000 of pi. pi is the ratio of circumference to diameter in any circle. If you take the radius of any circle then measure how many radiuses (radii) there are around the circumference of the circle there are 6.28 radii (radians) around the circumference which is 2 times pi (3.14 x 2).
You can do most anything with numbers especially when you start rounding decimal numbers . The fact PI is found in things is not a sign of anything. The Muslims have been doing this same exact thing with the koran for years . Take a look on the net . They have gotten numbers that point to versus that say Jesus is only a prophet not God . Dose that prove anything, No . Still they believe it shows their book and perverted doctrine to be true .
It’s not about some secret code in the scriptures. It’s about what the Bible tells us .
It is not too complicated . The message is we have fallen incredibly short .God has provided a way to save us ,and that way is thru our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ! Jesus’s taught us through the Word of God ( the scriptures) ,not on a abacus.
Blessings
Bill

Enoch987

Jul 13, 2017
You can do most anything with numbers especially when you start rounding decimal numbers . The fact PI is found in things is not a sign of anything. The Muslims have been doing this same exact thing with the koran for years . Take a look on the net . They have gotten numbers that point to versus that say Jesus is only a prophet not God . Dose that prove anything, No . Still they believe it shows their book and perverted doctrine to be true .
It’s not about some secret code in the scriptures. It’s about what the Bible tells us .
It is not too complicated . The message is we have fallen incredibly short .God has provided a way to save us ,and that way is thru our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ! Jesus’s taught us through the Word of God ( the scriptures) ,not on a abacus.
Blessings
Bill
The point is the Bible is not in error when it says pi is 3. The Bible anticipates that the atheists argument that the Bible is in error.

Locutus

Feb 10, 2017
I'm sure shepherds pie has it's origin in the bible..:p

breno785au

Jul 23, 2013
Australia
one of the problems with all these threads is that they are useless.
you're not actually doing 'math' you're just playing around with numbers.

this is what i mean: when you can take any arbitrary verse, apply a function to it and come up with a result that you can interpret according to a consistent systematic set of rules, you will have found something.

this is not what you do. what you do is take particular verses, do different things with all the words in it, in no orderly way, without any justified reasons, and then mash whatever numbers you get together in whatever way happens to give you the result you want ((usually 37)).
you have the answer you want already in mind and work backwards to get it without regard for how you get there.

this is all meaningless until you have a definite procedure that you can define and justify, and apply it to arbitrary instances of passages within a determined set of them according to some defined measure.

does that make any sense to you? there's no consistency in your methodology. there's no order. you don't really have a methodology, you have random manipulation of alternately verse numbers, word counts, Hebrew & English pseudo-gematria, etc -- whatever you can pull a number from -- and then arbitrary mashing up of all these numbers.

from here, it looks like you're just making up your methodology on the fly. that's neither meaningful nor useful, and it's not revelatory.
In other words.. Its a thinly veiled KJV-is-the-best thread.

Laish

Jul 31, 2016
Yea thinly ,but how thin? If we measure it’s thinness do we come up with PI ?
Blessings
Bill

Nov 24, 2017
We can expand the discussion beyond the Hebrew text and the King James Bible but someone needs to provide an example from another translation. There are three verses containing Pi in the King James Bible and all three are connected with a circle just as Pi is.

1 kings 7:23
1 Kings 7:24
Isaiah 40:22

Dec 28, 2016
Why does the author of the OP spend more time studying numbers in the Bible than studying about the Christ?

Dec 28, 2016
Blessings
Bill
Figures don’t lie, but liars can figure.

He’s trying to make the Bible fit his warped views.

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Let us not "add" or "take-away" anything from what God's Word says. lol!:)

Dec 28, 2016
Why do you spend so much time being a troll?
Why do you spend so much time looking at #'s and not the Christ in your studies?

I am not a troll, just calling your foolishness what it is...foolishness.

Good bye. I will not view your blocked posts again.

Nov 24, 2017
Why do you spend so much time looking at #'s and not the Christ in your studies?

I am not a troll, just calling your foolishness what it is...foolishness.

Good bye. I will not view your blocked posts again.
Good bye angry steroid Patrick!

Dec 12, 2013
one of the problems with all these threads is that they are useless.
you're not actually doing 'math' you're just playing around with numbers.

this is what i mean: when you can take any arbitrary verse, apply a function to it and come up with a result that you can interpret according to a consistent systematic set of rules, you will have found something.

this is not what you do. what you do is take particular verses, do different things with all the words in it, in no orderly way, without any justified reasons, and then mash whatever numbers you get together in whatever way happens to give you the result you want ((usually 37)).
you have the answer you want already in mind and work backwards to get it without regard for how you get there.

this is all meaningless until you have a definite procedure that you can define and justify, and apply it to arbitrary instances of passages within a determined set of them according to some defined measure.

does that make any sense to you? there's no consistency in your methodology. there's no order. you don't really have a methodology, you have random manipulation of alternately verse numbers, word counts, Hebrew & English pseudo-gematria, etc -- whatever you can pull a number from -- and then arbitrary mashing up of all these numbers.

from here, it looks like you're just making up your methodology on the fly. that's neither meaningful nor useful, and it's not revelatory.
Amen.....anyone worth their salt knows that God is the king of math....Both the Hebrew and Greek alphabets have numerical values and I dare to say....the math God knows and uses/used in creation is probably so far above our cognative ability that to God the best mathematician we have ever had and his work equivalates to 1+1.......

Nov 24, 2017

Circles in our cells connected with the number 37! Who knew?

Nov 24, 2017
The first occurrence of 37 in Pi is at position 46 counting from the decimal point. Our cells have a 37 and a 46 that reside together. I see the handy work of God in both!

Enoch987

Jul 13, 2017
Why does the author of the OP spend more time studying numbers in the Bible than studying about the Christ?
Why do you sing praises to God rather than spend that time reading the bible about God. Studying numbers of the bible is a act of worship for me. Judge me weird or nerd if you wish. What if I'm an atheist who disputes the bible. You say there is no errors? What about the lack of accuracy in the large circular bowl that James 37 refers to. Doesn't God know about pi?
What about the rounding error of Numbers 3? 7500 + 8600 + 6200 = 22,300 Levites not the rounded 22,000 like the bible reads. What about that error? It completely changes the story. The answer is the Levites cheated the firstborns sons of the 12 tribes. How does this relate to Jesus' crucifixion by the Jewish religious leaders? Do you see the similarity? Yet if I'm an atheist and you say there are no errors in the bible...
What about 1 Corinthians 10:8 23000 are killed in one day but this refers to Numbers 25 where 24000 total are killed. This is an error? No, 23 and the phrase 2 or 3 represents Jesus. The story of idolatry leading to fornication with Midianite women lead God to tell Moses to wipe them all out and take their possessions in Numbers 31 where Balaam is blamed and executed. Balaam is mentioned in 2 Peter and Rev. 2:14 and Titus.
For you to criticize my math nerdiness that I try to use for God's glory is like me criticizing your song leader for playing an instrument or your pastor for studying Greek.