The Old Covenant Believers versus New Covenant Believers Part I

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

AuphirahQueen

Banned
May 21, 2014
344
5
0
It is amazing to me how Christians debate on the old covenant and new covenant foundations. The Bible(Sacred Word) is teachings, instructions, inspirations and songs of the faith. The Bible(Sacred Word) consist of many writings place into one book for believers to be encourage and how to live within this world full of chaos.

Terminology:

1. Scriptures:
the books of either the Old Testament or the New Testament or of both : the Bible.

[h=2]Full Definition of SCRIPTURE[/h]1
a (1) capitalized : the books of the Bible —often used in plural (2) often capitalized : a passage from the Bible
b : a body of writings considered sacred or authoritative

Sacred writings of religions, comprising a large portion of the literature of the world. Scriptures vary in form, volume, age, and degree of sacredness. Nearly all scriptures were originally oral and were passed down as memorized texts through several generations before being put in writing. The Hebrew Bible (Old Testament) is the scripture of Judaism; the Bible (Old and New Testaments together) is the scripture of Christianity.
Hmmmm, moment!! Pay attention to the last sentence in this paragraph. The battle begins between the two covenants of foundation of Old and New Testaments.

The Old Covenant is called the following: The five books are called The Law of GOD(ABBA).Moses went to Mt. Sinai as GOD commanded Moses.

[h=1]Exodus 34 Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)[/h][h=3]New Stone Tablets[/h]4 Moses cut two stone tablets like the first ones. He got up early in the morning, and taking the two stone tablets in his hand, he climbed Mount Sinai, just as the Lord had commanded him. 5 The Lord came down in a cloud, stood with him there, and proclaimed His name Yahweh. 6 Then the Lord passed in front of him and proclaimed:Yahweh—Yahweh is a compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger and rich in faithful love and truth, 7 maintaining faithful love to a thousand generations, forgiving wrongdoing, rebellion, and sin. But He will not leave the guilty unpunished, bringing the consequences of the fathers’ wrongdoing on the children and grandchildren to the third and fourth generation.


[h=3]Covenant Obligations[/h]10 And the Lord responded: “Look, I am making a covenant. I will perform wonders in the presence of all your people[a] that have never been done[b] in all the earth or in any nation. All the people you live among will see the Lord’s work, for what I am doing with you is awe-inspiring. 11 Observe what I command you today.

Why did GOD(ABBA) create a second covenant?


[h=1]Hebrews 8 Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)[/h][h=3]A Superior Covenant[/h]7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, there would have been no occasion for a second one. 8 But finding fault with His people,[c] He says:[d]
Look, the days are coming, says the Lord,
when I will make a new covenant
with the house of Israel
and with the house of Judah—
9 not like the covenant
that I made with their ancestors
on the day I took them by their hands
to lead them out of the land of Egypt.
I disregarded them, says the Lord,
because they did not continue in My covenant.
10 But this is the covenant
that I will make with the house of Israel
after those days, says the Lord:
I will put My laws into their minds
and write them on their hearts.

The first covenant had failed GOD, but did the second covenant(new generation) committed same SINS as the first covenant? I am speaking of the Christians today who live under the new covenant.

Part II coming soon!