How many Christians truly read the Bible(Sacred Word) to learn, study, understand, and seek the TRUTH from the Holy Spirit.
How many covenants are there in the Bible( Sacred Word) ? Do believers feel there are two covenants because of Bible divide into the old and new testament. Lets take a journey through biblical history and get your Bibles out!!
The Covenant History:
The first covenant: Abraham
[h=1]Genesis 17 Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)[/h]3 Then Abram fell facedown and God spoke with him: 4 “As for Me, My covenant is with you: you will become the father of many nations.[a] 5 Your name will no longer be Abram,[b] but your name will be Abraham,[c] for I will make you the father of many nations.
9 God also said to Abraham, “As for you, you and your offspring after you throughout their generations are to keep My covenant. 10 This is My covenant, which you are to keep, between Me and you and your offspring after you: Every one of your males must be circumcised. 11 You must circumcise the flesh of your foreskin to serve as a sign of the covenant between Me and you.[d]12 Throughout your generations, every male among you at eight days old is to be circumcised.
Abraham obeyed GOD(ABBA)
The Second Covenant: Noah
[h=1]Genesis 9 Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)[/h][h=3]God’s Covenant with Noah[/h]8 Then God said to Noah and his sons with him, 9 “Understand that I am confirming My covenant with you and your descendants after you,
11 I confirm My covenant with you that never again will every creature be wiped out by the waters of a flood; there will never again be a flood to destroy the earth.”
12 And God said, “This is the sign of the covenant I am making between Me and you and every living creature with you, a covenant for all future generations:13 I have placed My bow in the clouds, and it will be a sign of the covenant between Me and the earth. Noah obeyed GOD(ABBA)
The Third Covenant: Moses
[h=1]Exodus 24 Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)[/h][h=3]The Covenant Ceremony[/h]8 Moses took the blood, sprinkled it on the people, and said, “This is the blood of the covenant that the Lord has made with you concerning all these words.”
[h=1]Exodus 34 Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)[/h][h=3]Covenant Obligations[/h]10 And the Lord responded: “Look, I am making a covenant. I will perform wonders in the presence of all your people[a] that have never been done[b] in all the earth or in any nation. All the people you live among will see the Lord’s work, for what I am doing with you is awe-inspiring.
Moses obeyed GOD(ABBA)
The fourth covenant: David
[h=1]2 Samuel 7 Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)[/h][h=3]The Lord’s Covenant with David[/h]
‘Thus says the Lord of hosts,I took you from the pasture, from following the sheep, that you should be prince[b] over my people Israel. 9 And I have been with you wherever you went and have cut off all your enemies from before you. And I will make for you a great name, like the name of the great ones of the earth. 10
‘The Lord declares to you: The Lord Himself will make a house for you. 12 When your time comes and you rest with your fathers, I will raise up after you your descendant, who will come from your body, and I will establish his kingdom.13 He will build a house for My name, and I will establish the throne of his kingdom forever. 14 I will be a father to him, and he will be a son to Me. When he does wrong, I will discipline him with a human rod and with blows from others.
David obeyed GOD(ABBA)
The fifth covenant: Covenant of JESUS(YESHUA) Final Covenant
[h=1]Hebrews 5 Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)[/h][h=3]The Messiah, a High Priest[/h]
7 During His earthly life,[d] He offered prayers and appeals with loud cries and tears to the One who was able to save Him from death, and He was heard because of His reverence. 8 Though He was God’s Son, He learned obedience through what He suffered. 9 After He was perfected, He became the source of eternal salvation for all who obey Him, 10 and He was declared by God a high priest in the order of Melchizedek.
There is only one: THE COVENANT OF OBEDIENCE
How many covenants are there in the Bible( Sacred Word) ? Do believers feel there are two covenants because of Bible divide into the old and new testament. Lets take a journey through biblical history and get your Bibles out!!
The Covenant History:
The first covenant: Abraham
[h=1]Genesis 17 Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)[/h]3 Then Abram fell facedown and God spoke with him: 4 “As for Me, My covenant is with you: you will become the father of many nations.[a] 5 Your name will no longer be Abram,[b] but your name will be Abraham,[c] for I will make you the father of many nations.
9 God also said to Abraham, “As for you, you and your offspring after you throughout their generations are to keep My covenant. 10 This is My covenant, which you are to keep, between Me and you and your offspring after you: Every one of your males must be circumcised. 11 You must circumcise the flesh of your foreskin to serve as a sign of the covenant between Me and you.[d]12 Throughout your generations, every male among you at eight days old is to be circumcised.
Abraham obeyed GOD(ABBA)
The Second Covenant: Noah
[h=1]Genesis 9 Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)[/h][h=3]God’s Covenant with Noah[/h]8 Then God said to Noah and his sons with him, 9 “Understand that I am confirming My covenant with you and your descendants after you,
11 I confirm My covenant with you that never again will every creature be wiped out by the waters of a flood; there will never again be a flood to destroy the earth.”
12 And God said, “This is the sign of the covenant I am making between Me and you and every living creature with you, a covenant for all future generations:13 I have placed My bow in the clouds, and it will be a sign of the covenant between Me and the earth. Noah obeyed GOD(ABBA)
The Third Covenant: Moses
[h=1]Exodus 24 Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)[/h][h=3]The Covenant Ceremony[/h]8 Moses took the blood, sprinkled it on the people, and said, “This is the blood of the covenant that the Lord has made with you concerning all these words.”
[h=1]Exodus 34 Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)[/h][h=3]Covenant Obligations[/h]10 And the Lord responded: “Look, I am making a covenant. I will perform wonders in the presence of all your people[a] that have never been done[b] in all the earth or in any nation. All the people you live among will see the Lord’s work, for what I am doing with you is awe-inspiring.
Moses obeyed GOD(ABBA)
The fourth covenant: David
[h=1]2 Samuel 7 Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)[/h][h=3]The Lord’s Covenant with David[/h]
‘Thus says the Lord of hosts,I took you from the pasture, from following the sheep, that you should be prince[b] over my people Israel. 9 And I have been with you wherever you went and have cut off all your enemies from before you. And I will make for you a great name, like the name of the great ones of the earth. 10
‘The Lord declares to you: The Lord Himself will make a house for you. 12 When your time comes and you rest with your fathers, I will raise up after you your descendant, who will come from your body, and I will establish his kingdom.13 He will build a house for My name, and I will establish the throne of his kingdom forever. 14 I will be a father to him, and he will be a son to Me. When he does wrong, I will discipline him with a human rod and with blows from others.
David obeyed GOD(ABBA)
The fifth covenant: Covenant of JESUS(YESHUA) Final Covenant
[h=1]Hebrews 5 Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)[/h][h=3]The Messiah, a High Priest[/h]
7 During His earthly life,[d] He offered prayers and appeals with loud cries and tears to the One who was able to save Him from death, and He was heard because of His reverence. 8 Though He was God’s Son, He learned obedience through what He suffered. 9 After He was perfected, He became the source of eternal salvation for all who obey Him, 10 and He was declared by God a high priest in the order of Melchizedek.
There is only one: THE COVENANT OF OBEDIENCE