The One That Loves Me

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

ebdesroches

Aug 20, 2022
The One that Loves Me

Lord I worry, do I please you?
Are my hidden faults many that offend you?

Your answer quiets and comforts me
You comfort me by again and again saying you love me

You say you will not stop guiding me
You will not abandon me and leave me to my own ideas

Ever gentle and merciful you are patient with me
How sweet is your love to me

How easy it is to love you my Master
With gratefulness and thankfulness I am your son

Sent from my iPhone

Pheobe

Nov 10, 2022
So glad to have read your poem 🙂👍!

I've recently been exploring verses on what it means to be "hungry' for the bread of life, 'thirsty' for the living water of the Spirit and reaching out for His love.

Once again, it's one of my poet-friends on Christian Chat who's taken me forward in my understanding!

May you be blessed in your writing and sharing 🤳✝️!

ebdesroches

Aug 20, 2022
Thanks for your kind comments. The hunger that you can have occurs when you eperience the love He has for you. He is overwelming loving for you as the lover of your soul. You love in return when you realize how He loves you, cares for you,

Read some of the great ones to see how seriously you can be in love with Him: St John of the soul "The living flame of love" amoungst others" or the Song of Solomon. The love is real He has for us and once He decides to love you in that way you will know it!

Checkout my first poem "Overloving Father"

ebdesroches

Aug 20, 2022
St John of the cross…got in too much of a hurry, sorry

ebdesroches

Aug 20, 2022
I have some of St John of the cross’ poetry under poetry on this site. One of the poems is copied:

The Living Flame Of Love
by St John of the Cross

1. O living flame of love
that tenderly wounds my soul
in its deepest center! Since
now you are not oppressive,
now consummate! if it be your will:
tear through the veil of this sweet encounter!

2. O sweet cautery,
O delightful wound!
O gentle hand! O delicate touch
that tastes of eternal life
and pays every debt!
In killing you changed death to life.
3. O lamps of fire!
in whose splendors
the deep caverns of feeling,
once obscure and blind,
now give forth, so rarely, so exquisitely,
both warmth and light to their Beloved.
4. How gently and lovingly
you wake in my heart,
where in secret you dwell alone;
and in your sweet breathing,
filled with good and glory,
how tenderly you swell my heart with love.

ebdesroches

Aug 20, 2022
There are depths of love for God that are sublime. He overloves us tenderly, mercifully, graciously, patiently, kindly.

Seek forgiveness for any known sin. Worship Him, study the psalms, seek to give him all of you, all you do to please Him, all you think to His glory.

Caution: Deception is possible if you seek the experience and not to love Jesus, the Father and the spirit. He will very likely reach out to you in love. For God so loved the world (and you)...is still true. That can be when you least expect it.’

Pheobe

Nov 10, 2022
Thank you for all of this: quite a spiritual feast! And I'll certainly check out your poem.

I will continue to explore and meditate on the love of the Lord this season. So many of of our struggles, so much of our bondage, comes from not knowing how much we're loved.

He's seeking us as much as we're seeking Him; and more.

Thanks again!

ebdesroches

Aug 20, 2022
I am encouraged by you seeking to love Him and receive His love. He makes doing what He wants for us so easy since we love Him. His burden is light just as He said. He is sweet to us, He cant help loving us more than overwhelmingly enough, thats how He is.