the one true church

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 23, 2009
I have a questian for you, my new friend says my church and every church that doesn't belong to his church is not going to heavan. He said the churches " add to " and " Take away" from the bible except his. He said Jesus came to establish his ' Church" not " Churches" I have a problem believing the baptist and All other churches are going to Hell. He doesn't believe we should have Musical Instruments in worship. He has me confused. He quotes bible vereses. Can anyone help me.
My suggestion.......find a new friend and stay as far away from his cult as possible

wattie

Feb 24, 2009
New Zealand
thought I'd pop in my 1 cent here

most popular beliefs about church:

Catholic view- it is a universal, visible assembly of all baptised people in the catholic church
Protestant view- it is a universal, invisible assembly of all saved people on earth, every where.. and normally it is added that this is shown through local churches.. universal and local .. both invisible and visible.

Now here is something you may not have heard, but is very scriptural

'the church' is a local assembly or saved baptised believers, covenanted together to carry out the great commission and the great commandment. It is not a building.. but a group of believers..

the body of Christ.. becomes like 'the bar' or the 'the post office', or a body of water.. it is not the literal body of Christ.. but 'body' as in local entity.

What is universal.. is the Family of God, and teh Kingdom

The Family of God = God (as Jesus, the Father, the Holy Spirit).. His angels.. and all saved people, in heaven and on earth.
The Kingdom of God= The Family of God.. plus God's creation.. earth, planets, stars, heaven..universe

The Family is inside the Kingdom
The body of Christ is inside the Family

The body of Christ= a local assembly of saved baptised believers..with Jesus as the Head.

Consider that every book of the NT addressed to church.. was addressed to a local body of believers in particular.. applied particularly to them. Ephesus independent from Phillipi independent from Corinth.. independent from Thesselonica independent from Antioch..

The letters were distributed to other churches as examples of God's working in an assembly.

Consider that the word 'church' was not in the original bibles.. but 'congregation' and 'assembly' were... King James ordered alot of these words out.. to allow a broader definition - so the word 'church'. Thankfully studying context allows that word to become a local assembly anyway.

Consider that bibles that are honest.. have Jesus talking to churches plural in Revelation... not one church.

Have you ever heard of an 'unassembled assembly?' I haven't. But that is what the universal church is! It is a contradiction!

A congregation that never congregates?

A flock that never flocks together?

When Paul was talking about unity -- that was addressed to whatever church the letter was to! Ephesians verses about being built up together.. fitly framed together etc.. they are for the church at Ephesus.. for a local assembly, not one universal church!

Unity is possible in a local assembly of believers.. unity is a logistical nightmare and practically impossible for a universal church- especially if it is invisible!

Paul's writings about unity were meant to be achievable and realistic.. not some lofty.. never able to reach thing.

Anyway

the one true church?

A bible believing, independent, local assembly of saved baptised believers, covenanted together to carry out the great commission and great commandment with Jesus as the Head.

my 1 cent :)

Last edited:

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
I just wanted to conferm what all brothers and sisters in Jesus Christ have said. The church is not a building or religion. It is all that have accepted Jesus into their hearts, follow and love him. God bless, pickles

Status
Not open for further replies.