The pain can be unbearable sometimes.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Oct 13, 2022
With all the prayers, encouragements and prophecy, our daughter is still out there in the world. No contact as yet. There are days when I am happy but then a wave of sadness come over me. I don't feel I can 100% be happy when she is out there. We have 2 children. 1 young man and daughter. We was told by a prophet she will contact us but we hear nothing. When Lord oh when?

Oct 6, 2022
In my experience, I didn't try hard to turn from sin until my carnal brain experienced what the bible calls "destruction" by the devil.
1 Corinthians 5:5 hand this man over to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, so that his spirit may be saved on the Day of the Lord.

Because I was a slave to sin and believed that God excused my sin. This is one reason why burial through baptism is important. The advice I would give anyone who cared about me during that time would be

1. Do not give up. Saul became Paul. Nebuchadnezzar wrote Daniel 4. The prodigal son came home.
2. Become uncivilized with preaching - telling people they need to repent can feel taboo, nosy, and uppity for our sinful generation, but it works. Do it with love, but tell the truth.
3. Deliverance doesn't need permission - Paul casted a demon out of a girl when he realized she had one, not when she gave permission, which was by faith.
4. 1 Corinthians 5 - the whole chapter, in as much as it applies here. And if I couldn't do this because I myself needed freedom from sin and the Holy Spirit, then repent and be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ.

notmyown

May 26, 2016
With all the prayers, encouragements and prophecy, our daughter is still out there in the world. No contact as yet. There are days when I am happy but then a wave of sadness come over me. I don't feel I can 100% be happy when she is out there. We have 2 children. 1 young man and daughter. We was told by a prophet she will contact us but we hear nothing. When Lord oh when?
i know first hand how much this hurts. it's been a long time for my husband and me. what i've learned from the experience is God has to be first in my devotion.

this will probably sound ridiculous to you, but you're going to be okay. God is just so faithful. i'm praying for you. ♥

Oct 13, 2022
i know first hand how much this hurts. it's been a long time for my husband and me. what i've learned from the experience is God has to be first in my devotion.

this will probably sound ridiculous to you, but you're going to be okay. God is just so faithful. i'm praying for you. ♥
Thank you. When you say its been a long time, is your situation not resolved?

notmyown

May 26, 2016
Thank you. When you say its been a long time, is your situation not resolved?
if by resolved you mean happily ever after, no. our daughter is still living in rebellion to the Almighty, and doesn't contact us. it has been nearly fifteen years. i cry as i type this. i tell you that so you know there's another mom out there who knows how painful it is.

i also know just how strong the Lord is on behalf of His people. i know i can run to Jesus with my tears and sense of loss, and He will comfort me. He made me know i was making an idol of my child; His correction was so gentle.
even good things can be idols. any time a good thing becomes an ultimate thing, we can know it has taken the place that is rightfully only God's.

so if by resolved you mean have i (mostly) learned to leave the situation with God and trust Him with it and with our daughter, then yes. i do still occasionally have to go to the mirror and give myself a stern talking-to. i tell that woman in the glass, "God loves you, and He knows what He's doing!" i'm a dummy, but i belong to The Most Wise, so it'll be all right.

i wish i could make us a pot of tea, and get out a fresh box of tissues, and hug you and listen to you. i've followed your threads about your child since you joined. i won't forget you, little sister. when i pray for my daughter, it reminds me to pray for yours. may the Lord bless you.

Karlon

Mar 8, 2023
is she born again? pray that she will become a born again Christian. will pray for you.

Oct 13, 2022
if by resolved you mean happily ever after, no. our daughter is still living in rebellion to the Almighty, and doesn't contact us. it has been nearly fifteen years. i cry as i type this. i tell you that so you know there's another mom out there who knows how painful it is.

i also know just how strong the Lord is on behalf of His people. i know i can run to Jesus with my tears and sense of loss, and He will comfort me. He made me know i was making an idol of my child; His correction was so gentle.
even good things can be idols. any time a good thing becomes an ultimate thing, we can know it has taken the place that is rightfully only God's.

so if by resolved you mean have i (mostly) learned to leave the situation with God and trust Him with it and with our daughter, then yes. i do still occasionally have to go to the mirror and give myself a stern talking-to. i tell that woman in the glass, "God loves you, and He knows what He's doing!" i'm a dummy, but i belong to The Most Wise, so it'll be all right.

i wish i could make us a pot of tea, and get out a fresh box of tissues, and hug you and listen to you. i've followed your threads about your child since you joined. i won't forget you, little sister. when i pray for my daughter, it reminds me to pray for yours. may the Lord bless you.
I pray that in Jesus name your daughter will return home. You will not die until you see her face to face. Your relationship will be restored. We are serving a God that never failed. I am praying for you as you pray for me.