The Pope Condones Same Sex Marriage

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Truth7t7

May 19, 2020
The Catholic church needs to primarily confront the evil of pedophilia within itself.
This progressive change is merely a red herring.
The announcement of allowing homosexual union in the catholic church is ringing the dinner bells to the pedophiles around the world, come join us, homosexuality is ok?

Instead of removing homosexuals from the church as Gods words clearly teach, the Pope condones it?

2 Peter 2:6KJV
6 And turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrha into ashes condemned them with an overthrow, making them an ensample unto those that after should live ungodly;

Roman's 1:26-32KJV
26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly
, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

S

Susanna

Judging others is a common thing...I know...I’m awfully good at it myself.

Truth7t7

May 19, 2020
Judging others is a common thing...I know...I’m awfully good at it myself.
God has already judged the acts of homosexuality, read it before your eyes (Again)

The Pope has taken a dark evil path,in total disregard of Gods words below

2 Peter 2:6KJV
6 And turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrha into ashes condemned them with an overthrow, making them an ensample unto those that after should live ungodly;

Roman's 1:26-32KJV
26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
The pope is a religious leader, a president is not. The pope is suppose to know the Bible. Apparently he doesn't. This isn't a mere politician. The Catholic church has millions of adherents worldwide. This is about leading people astray spiritually. A president has nothing to do with this subject. This is very serious.
millions of people are also led astray spiritually by the GOP, and they characterize voting against them as 'voting for Satan'
you'll have to decide what the best definition of '
religious leader' is -- wouldn't you agree for example, that humanism is a religion? and if you call such things religions, as they really are, seeing as how a man thinks in his heart, so he is -- then i think you'll have to agree that worldly partisanship is equally made a religion in the hearts of many. the US isn't an exception in this; it just happens to be where i live.

but if you'll re-read what i said, i was replying to Soulweaver, expressing that i analogously found optimism over the wicked being shown all the more wicked, seeing reason to thank God in every situation.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
millions of people are also led astray spiritually by the GOP, and they characterize voting against them as 'voting for Satan'
religious leader' is -- wouldn't you agree for example, that humanism is a religion?
These days, even atheism is being called a religion :rolleyes::oops::geek:

Truth7t7

May 19, 2020
religious leader' is -- wouldn't you agree for example, that humanism is a religion? and if you call such things religions, as they really are, seeing as how a man thinks in his heart, so he is -- then i think you'll have to agree that worldly partisanship is equally made a religion in the hearts of many. the US isn't an exception in this; it just happens to be where i live.

but if you'll re-read what i said, i was replying to Soulweaver, expressing that i analogously found optimism over the wicked being shown all the more wicked, seeing reason to thank God in every situation.
Yes to vote for a candidate (Joe Biden) that supports killing the innocent unborn child (Abotrion) is 100% evil, straight from the works of satan, its that simple.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Yes to vote for a candidate (Joe Biden) that supports killing the innocent unborn child (Abotrion) is 100% evil, straight from the works of satan, its that simple.
voting for an unrepentant liar is voting for a son of The Liar -- so whacha gon do?

you're going to come to this thread and defend your religion, is what.

thanks for making my point for me.

soggykitten

Jul 3, 2020
You can call them religions, but you can't call them Christians.
Of course not. You can't call a Muslim a Christian either.
Atheism was granted first amendment religious rights in the case from 1961 Torcaso v. Watkins.
The Wisconsin Federal court ruled the same in 2005 in Kaufman v. McCaughtry

It's a matter of a belief system or lack of belief. Something SCOTUS broadly defined and quite frankly, thank God.
Faith or lack thereof is personal. If we can't be free under the first amendment to believe or disbelieve as in the case of Atheism, that's not liberty nor freedom. Our thoughts concerning belief or lack of is a basic right.

soggykitten

Jul 3, 2020
A vote for Biden will insure we are to wear masks for the next four years. Biden admitted this in the first minutes of the last presidential debate this evening.

Further, when I read someone call Trump an unrepentant liar and ask, what are we gonna do as far as the vote? We don't know Trump doesn't repent. What he stated in the first campaign doesn't tell us how he feels today.
Trump has done a great deal for our faith as president. He has pastors as his advisors and there are bible study groups in the White House.

Just one example of Trump's protections of religious freedom.
Trump eases ban on political activity by churches | TheHill

And as to what are we gonna do? Who are we going to vote for? We could vote for a man who was a career politician in the Senate. And who we know was a corrupt VP.

And as a matter of recall, those who claim Catholics aren't Christian? Biden is a Catholic. Joe Biden has been communion by his church this year, and he refuses to comment on that, and due to his opinion about Abortion.

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
voting for an unrepentant liar is voting for a son of The Liar -- so whacha gon do?
Not sure what you're saying here - don't vote? Or are you making reference to the recent revelations about creepy Joe's pedophile son, and how creepy Joe made out he wasn't aware of any of it?

I do share your caution about Trump - he is not a saviour - but I do hope to see the corrupt and treachurous pedophile, devil-worshipping politicians, media and law enforcement - Democrat or Republican - get some come-uppance.

K

kaylagrl

Led astray spiritually in what manner?

religious leader' is -- wouldn't you agree for example, that humanism is a religion?

No, I wouldn't consider it a religion, and more importantly, neither do they. You can check their website.

And yet you seemed to exclude Dems from your analogy.

mustaphadrink

Dec 13, 2013
The heading is "The Pope Condones Same-Sex Marriage." As I understand it he doesn't. He is talking about same-sex civil unions, which do not have the same authority and power as marriage. Two homosexuals in a civil union cannot say yes if asked "are you married. "

The main purpose of civil unions is to allow the rights that are conferred in civil matters. it cannot encroach upon religious matters. So in that sense, they are not married.

In my country, they were offered civil unions but they refused them because it was not called marriage. They want marriage because they want to attack the idea of marriage being between a man and a woman and to have the right to make marriage be between any two people for whatever reason as part of their attempt to destroy the foundation stone of society.

They are attacking it because it was God's idea and as Satan is behind it all, he wants to attack anything that emanates from God.

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
The heading is "The Pope Condones Same-Sex Marriage." As I understand it he doesn't. He is talking about same-sex civil unions, which do not have the same authority and power as marriage. Two homosexuals in a civil union cannot say yes if asked "are you married. "

The main purpose of civil unions is to allow the rights that are conferred in civil matters. it cannot encroach upon religious matters. So in that sense, they are not married.

In my country, they were offered civil unions but they refused them because it was not called marriage. They want marriage because they want to attack the idea of marriage being between a man and a woman and to have the right to make marriage be between any two people for whatever reason as part of their attempt to destroy the foundation stone of society.

They are attacking it because it was God's idea and as Satan is behind it all, he wants to attack anything that emanates from God.
Also, God's symbol of His relationship with the Church is a marriage. Christ is the groom, the Church is His bride, made pure in His blood. Satan wants to corrupt this "witness" by calling sodomy marriage, just as he wants to corrupt the rainbow - the other "witness" that God would never again destroy the Earth by flood - as a sign of supporting sodomy.

Aug 16, 2020
Central Florida, USA
Why is this shocking news?

The purpose of the Catholic church is to gain membership.

The ideology of the Catholic church has been anti-Christ from the beginning. According to RCC doctrine a person is 'saved' by membership in the church, not any relationship with God in Christ. Threat of hellfire is determined by excommunication, not SIN.

When the Pope is condoning same sex marriage he isn't upholding scripture in any way shape or form, but he IS echoing RCC policy that's been established for fifteen hundred years.

Why is this a shock to anyone?

that's me, hollering from the choir loft....

K

kaylagrl

The ideology of the Catholic church has been anti-Christ from the beginning. According to RCC doctrine a person is 'saved' by membership in the church, not any relationship with God in Christ. Threat of hellfire is determined by excommunication, not SIN.

When the Pope is condoning same sex marriage he isn't upholding scripture in any way shape or form, but he IS echoing RCC policy that's been established for fifteen hundred years.

No, not shocked, considering the state of the RC already. Just interesting that this pope keeps pushing being more and more liberal. Wondering how Catholics feel about this.

mustaphadrink

Dec 13, 2013

Just one small point. He never mentioned same-sex marriage. He talked about same-sex civil unions.