The Pope Condones Same Sex Marriage

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
K

kaylagrl

Just one small point. He never mentioned same-sex marriage. He talked about same-sex civil unions.
Welp, he's wrong either way. Can't be a practicing homosexual and make heaven. Pope is giving people false hope if he's saying anything different.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
Yeah I don't even care about that. I just want them to stop protecting child molesters

Smoke

Oct 27, 2016
It's interesting reading people falsely claim the US is a "Christian nation" and should have laws that reflect the Christian God's commandments... but then quickly say "we didn't elect Donald Trump to be a religious leader".

Either you falsely believe we are a Christian nation that ought to have laws that reflect the values/morals of the Christian faith AND a leader ought to reflect the values/morals of that faith as well.... OR we acknowledge that this ISN'T a Christian nation but a nation that does have some overlapping laws with the values/morals of the Christian faith, whereby we vote for a president irrespective of his/her individual religious beliefs/morals/values.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
well I hate to break it to you but there are over 10,000 words in the Constitution, none of them are God Jesus or Bible
We base laws on the Constitution, not the Bible
If you want a theocracy, move to Saudi Arabia

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
Kinda goes hand in hand doesn't it?
No it doesn't. That's just right wing propaganda that people used to promote anti-gay hate speech
I have plenty of gay friends and none of them are pedophiles

K

kaylagrl

No it doesn't. That's just right wing propaganda that people used to promote anti-gay hate speech

So straight priests are having sex with little boys? I'm not saying all gay men are pedos, but all pedos that have sex with little boys are gay. How is that "propaganda"?

K

kaylagrl

well I hate to break it to you but there are over 10,000 words in the Constitution, none of them are God Jesus or Bible
We base laws on the Constitution, not the Bible
If you want a theocracy, move to Saudi Arabia

And the Constitution is based on? Our laws are based on?

Feb 28, 2016
=====================================
just curious Dude,
how would you KNOW if they were peds or not, it's not something that they
would just come-out and tell you? 'closed doors & closets' are the way of this world...

you seem a good friend, but perhaps a naïve one...

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
It's a common misconception that our country was founded on judeo-christian principles. It wasn't
Most of our founding fathers were deists

Smoke

Oct 27, 2016
The ideas and beliefs of a group of people who were against theocratic government that wanted freedom of religion as well as freedom from religion.

K

kaylagrl

The ideas and beliefs of a group of people who were against theocratic government that wanted freedom of religion as well as freedom from religion.
No, freedom of, no such thing as freedom from. This country was based on the Christian faith.

Feb 28, 2016
Kay,
hub and I are for sure in your corner, simply because something in our hearts so desires
to believe that our ancestors were pursuing a better life from their evil-bondage and
believing/seeking our Heavenly Father to provide it for them...

Smoke

Oct 27, 2016
No, freedom of, no such thing as freedom from. This country was based on the Christian faith.
You think freedom from something isn't a thing? You've NEVER heard of freedom from unreasonable search and seizure, from having to quarter soldiers during times of war, from excessive bail and from the infliction of cruel and unusual punishment??

Then I guess we should discuss a different topic if you refuse to believe/acknowledge not just "freedom to" but "freedom from". I would just recommend reading up on the Bill of Rights.

K

kaylagrl

You think freedom from something isn't a thing? You've NEVER heard of freedom from unreasonable search and seizure, from having to quarter soldiers during times of war, from excessive bail and from the infliction of cruel and unusual punishment??

Then I guess we should discuss a different topic if you refuse to believe/acknowledge not just "freedom to" but "freedom from". I would just recommend reading up on the Bill of Rights.
I'll say it again, freedom of religion, no where does it state freedom from religion.

Smoke

Oct 27, 2016
I'll say it again, freedom of religion, no where does it state freedom from religion.
Amendment I
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.
Interesting how the founding fathers (who were mostly deists) decided to put as the FIRST amendment the inability of the government to "establish" or "prohibit" religion. We have freedom of religion as well as freedom from religion by the state.

The bill of rights has several amendments where they grant us certain rights/freedoms in addition to freedoms FROM. I've already posted just a few of them prior to this post. I didn't write the Bill of Rights, I'm merely letting you know what they say and how they grant us "freedoms of" and "freedoms from", religion being the initial one.

If you disagree that "freedom from religion" is a thing, then you refuse to believe the 1st amendment and the restriction government has in establishing a religion. If that isn't "freedom from", I don't know what is...

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
Congress shall make no law respecting anyone religion and so on and so forth

Aug 16, 2020
Central Florida, USA
Just one small point. He never mentioned same-sex marriage. He talked about same-sex civil unions.
Same thing, except not performed by an ordained official of the RCC. The difference is minuscule. Its true purpose is to gather as many gullible people into the RCC flock as possible.

Remember: Salvation in the RCC has nothing to do with surrender to or acceptance of Jesus Christ into one's heart. It has everything to do with membership. Excommunication, for instance, is considered a sentence to hell-fire not because someone has rejected Christ but because for one reason or another the relationship with the RCC has been terminated. None of this is Biblical of course, but nobody seems to care. The Pope is God and submission to him is salvation according to RCC unBiblical doctrine.(*)

Because the post-protestant church has accepted much of RCC theology, the idea of membership is nearly as extreme among those churches as well. Failure to attend church regularly, for instance, is determined to be evidence of a backslidden mind and puts the person in question at risk of hell-fire. This is basically the same as Roman doctrine, but without the stigma of excommunication.

Same sex anything is forbidden according to old testament & new testament writings.

"Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men" - 1 Cor. 6:9

You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination. - Leviticus 18:20

Nothing has changed except RCC attempts to ensnare sinners in its web of deceit.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

(*)
"The Pope and God are the same, so he has all power in heaven and earth."
Barclay Cap. XXVII, p. 218. Cities Petrus Bertrandus, Pius V.