The precursor days of Sorrow...., so what's next?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

luigi

Dec 6, 2015
I did wonder if this virus was a part of prophecy but now I think it is more of a wake up call. I think that yes while it may be a a part of prophecy it is not prophecy in revelations, however if you notice more and more believers are looking into bible prophecy than before and more and more are beginning to look for his church to be taken and for all this horrible tribulation to unfold.
I think that is no accident
I understand your rapture pre-tribulation perspective Blain, which I myself held for several years, but as we are now beginning to see what the Lord in the Olivets describes as the beginning of sorrows on a world wide scale through the pandemic covid-19; I then am asking those who have a similar perspective as I do, who are watching to see the signs the Lord discloses to us in the Olivets, their opinions as to what is coming next.

luigi

Dec 6, 2015
It's in Daniel 8. Also much history for the casual reader.
Dave-L, At the direction of the Lord the angel Gabriel was instructed to inform Daniel about the events shown him in Daniel 8, which include the AoD. According to the angel Gabriel in Daniel 8:17 & 19 the events shown Daniel regarding the AoD occur during the time of the end. As I stated before Dave-L, this OP is primarily intended for those of us who believe the signs in the Olivets, which include the AoD are still forthcoming, and are not events regarding the faithless Jews in 70 AD, upon whom the full wrath of the Lord fell upon (1 Thessalonians 2:16). I'll go off topic one more time for your sake Dave-L, and ask, is the Lord informing the faithless in 70 AD Jerusalem about the AoD in the Olivets? They were the faithless, any warning would have been disregarded by they who several years earlier had exiled all who adhered to the new faith in Christ (Acts 8:1).

Daniel 8:17 So he came near where I stood: and when he came, I was afraid, and fell upon my face: but he said unto me, Understand, O son of man: for at the time of the end shall be the vision.

Daniel 8:19 And he said, Behold, I will make thee know what shall be in the last end of the indignation: for at the time appointed the end shall be.

1 Thessalonians 2:16 Forbidding us to speak to the Gentiles that they might be saved, to fill up their sins alway: for the wrath is come upon them to the uttermost.

Acts 8:1 And Saul was consenting unto his death. And at that time there was a great persecution against the church which was at Jerusalem; and they were all scattered abroad throughout the regions of Judaea and Samaria, except the apostles.

Jan 17, 2020
Dave-L, At the direction of the Lord the angel Gabriel was instructed to inform Daniel about the events shown him in Daniel 8, which include the AoD. According to the angel Gabriel in Daniel 8:17 & 19 the events shown Daniel regarding the AoD occur during the time of the end. As I stated before Dave-L, this OP is primarily intended for those of us who believe the signs in the Olivets, which include the AoD are still forthcoming, and are not events regarding the faithless Jews in 70 AD, upon whom the full wrath of the Lord fell upon (1 Thessalonians 2:16). I'll go off topic one more time for your sake Dave-L, and ask, is the Lord informing the faithless in 70 AD Jerusalem about the AoD in the Olivets? They were the faithless, any warning would have been disregarded by they who several years earlier had exiled all who adhered to the new faith in Christ (Acts 8:1).

Daniel 8:17 So he came near where I stood: and when he came, I was afraid, and fell upon my face: but he said unto me, Understand, O son of man: for at the time of the end shall be the vision.

Daniel 8:19 And he said, Behold, I will make thee know what shall be in the last end of the indignation: for at the time appointed the end shall be.

1 Thessalonians 2:16 Forbidding us to speak to the Gentiles that they might be saved, to fill up their sins alway: for the wrath is come upon them to the uttermost.

Acts 8:1 And Saul was consenting unto his death. And at that time there was a great persecution against the church which was at Jerusalem; and they were all scattered abroad throughout the regions of Judaea and Samaria, except the apostles.
They happened in 161BC. You are taking liberties ignoring the two little horns are not the same person. If you are a Dispensationalist I clearly see why.

luigi

Dec 6, 2015
They happened in 161BC. You are taking liberties ignoring the two little horns are not the same person. If you are a Dispensationalist I clearly see why.
The end did not occur in 161 BC. The little horn in Daniel 8 who is the AoD, is also the little horn in Daniel 7, who is the beasts mouth, who is allotted 3.5 times in which he wears out the saints (Daniel 7:25). This little horn, a.k.a., the AoD, a.k.a., the beasts mouth, who is allotted 3.5 times; this time reference appears again in Daniel 12:7 in regards to the events shown Daniel in chapters 11 & 12, which again according to the angel in Daniel 12:4 & 9 are in regards to the end times, and at which time when individuals throughout the world be inquiring as to the true meaning of the events shown Daniel, would then understand with their knowledge increasing. Even Daniel who inquired of the angel as to the meaning of the events shown him, was not permitted to understand what these events represented, as they were sealed until the time of the end.

Daniel 7:25 And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.

Daniel 12:7 And I heard the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand unto heaven, and sware by him that liveth for ever that it shall be for a time, times, and an half; and when he shall have accomplished to scatter the power of the holy people, all these things shall be finished.

Daniel 12:4 But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.

Daniel 12:9 And he said, Go thy way, Daniel:
for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end.

Jan 17, 2020
The end did not occur in 161 BC. The little horn in Daniel 8 who is the AoD, is also the little horn in Daniel 7, who is the beasts mouth, who is allotted 3.5 times in which he wears out the saints (Daniel 7:25). This little horn, a.k.a., the AoD, a.k.a., the beasts mouth, who is allotted 3.5 times; this time reference appears again in Daniel 12:7 in regards to the events shown Daniel in chapters 11 & 12, which again according to the angel in Daniel 12:4 & 9 are in regards to the end times, and at which time when individuals throughout the world be inquiring as to the true meaning of the events shown Daniel, would then understand with their knowledge increasing. Even Daniel who inquired of the angel as to the meaning of the events shown him, was not permitted to understand what these events represented, as they were sealed until the time of the end.

Daniel 7:25 And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.

Daniel 12:7 And I heard the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand unto heaven, and sware by him that liveth for ever that it shall be for a time, times, and an half; and when he shall have accomplished to scatter the power of the holy people, all these things shall be finished.

Daniel 12:4 But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.

Daniel 12:9 And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end.
Daniel 7 = Antichrist the Little Horn coming from the Roman Empire. Chapter 8 = a different little horn, Antiochus of the Grecian 2nd kingdom. You will never understand prophecy until you get this straight.

luigi

Dec 6, 2015
Daniel 7 = Antichrist the Little Horn coming from the Roman Empire. Chapter 8 = a different little horn, Antiochus of the Grecian 2nd kingdom. You will never understand prophecy until you get this straight.
Dave-L, You have presented me, like so many others on this forum, unsubstantiated conjectures that contradict the Word of God which I have shown by quoting scriptures.
The Lord provides us yet one more area with a time and times reference so that we in the final days may confirm the truth, and not be deceived by the devil with his lies that have some similarity with historical events. In Revelation 12:6 we have a description of a woman who flees into the unknown for a period of 1,260 days, which according to Revelation 12:14 represent a time (1), times (2), and half a time (1/2), totalling 3.5 times. Divide the 1,260 days by 3.5 times, and we see that each time equals 360 days. In the following chapter of Revelation 13 we see again the beast of 10 horns along with its mouth speaking great things, who is given power and is allowed by the Lord to continue for forty two months (Revelation 13:5), which is another representation for the 1,260 days, and the 3.5 times in Daniel 7:25, 12:7, and Revelation 12:14. During these forty two months (1,260 days, 3.5 times), the beasts mouth overcomes the saints with the great things he proclaims (Revelation 13:7), which is another description of 3.5 times in Daniel 7:25 in which the little horn who speaking great things (Daniel 7:8) wears out the saints. Dave-L, I suggest you study and use the Word in order to divide the Word correctly, and thereby not continue to be deceived by Satan, who camouflaging as an angel of true illumination (2 Corinthians 11:14), instead deceives the whole world with his lies (Revelation 12:9).

Revelation 12:6 And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.

Revelation 12:14 And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent.

Revelation 13:5 And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.

Revelation 13:7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.

Daniel 7:8 I considered the horns, and, behold, there came up among them another little horn, before whom there were three of the first horns plucked up by the roots: and, behold, in this horn were eyes like the eyes of man, and a mouth speaking great things.

2 Corinthians 11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

Revelation 12:9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

luigi

Dec 6, 2015
For those of us who believe we are now living in the last times depicted in the book of Revelation, one of the next items I believe will soon emerge in conjunction with the great unemployment we see currently increasing exponentially throughout the world's third world nations is their total economic collapse, whereupon third world nations will then initiate a program of work for ones daily sustenance as described for the third horseman of the apocalypse.
If over the course of the next few months to a year or two, many of the world's third world nations economies implode to where they then implement a work for sustenance program as those depicted for the people under the third horseman in Revelation 6, would anyone here then agree that the four horsemen are another representation for the governments of the four beasts in Daniel 7?

Jan 17, 2020
Dave-L, You have presented me, like so many others on this forum, unsubstantiated conjectures that contradict the Word of God which I have shown by quoting scriptures.
The Lord provides us yet one more area with a time and times reference so that we in the final days may confirm the truth, and not be deceived by the devil with his lies that have some similarity with historical events. In Revelation 12:6 we have a description of a woman who flees into the unknown for a period of 1,260 days, which according to Revelation 12:14 represent a time (1), times (2), and half a time (1/2), totalling 3.5 times. Divide the 1,260 days by 3.5 times, and we see that each time equals 360 days. In the following chapter of Revelation 13 we see again the beast of 10 horns along with its mouth speaking great things, who is given power and is allowed by the Lord to continue for forty two months (Revelation 13:5), which is another representation for the 1,260 days, and the 3.5 times in Daniel 7:25, 12:7, and Revelation 12:14. During these forty two months (1,260 days, 3.5 times), the beasts mouth overcomes the saints with the great things he proclaims (Revelation 13:7), which is another description of 3.5 times in Daniel 7:25 in which the little horn who speaking great things (Daniel 7:8) wears out the saints. Dave-L, I suggest you study and use the Word in order to divide the Word correctly, and thereby not continue to be deceived by Satan, who camouflaging as an angel of true illumination (2 Corinthians 11:14), instead deceives the whole world with his lies (Revelation 12:9).

Revelation 12:6 And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.

Revelation 12:14 And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent.

Revelation 13:5 And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.

Revelation 13:7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.

Daniel 7:8 I considered the horns, and, behold, there came up among them another little horn, before whom there were three of the first horns plucked up by the roots: and, behold, in this horn were eyes like the eyes of man, and a mouth speaking great things.

2 Corinthians 11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

Revelation 12:9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
You should be able to stand up to scrutiny if what you say is true.

luigi

Dec 6, 2015
Everyone says that, even the greatest heretics.
The OP is for those who believe we are now in the last days, and so asks their opinion as to what may be next around the corner.

Jan 17, 2020
The OP is for those who believe we are now in the last days, and so asks their opinion as to what may be next around the corner.
We were in the last days when Jesus was born or thereabouts.

Nov 26, 2012
We are living in the "days of sorrows" IF one is referring to the Tribulations...........

The NEXT time Christ appears, when the Eastern Sky splits, and He comes down with the Saints, will be THE END OF TIME for earth. He will gather His Church, the judgement will commence and the wheat will be separated from the chafe..........

That WILL be IT! So, I hope and pray all here are ready
The next time Christ appears according to Rev 14 is standing on Mt Zion with the 144000. This is the harvesting of the grapes of wrath, the “wine press”, causing blood to flow up to the horse’s bridal 1600 furlongs. This precedes the seven bowl judgements. It’s a military campaign. Then the beast that was, is not but will be declares war on the Lamb. Then in a day Babylon is wiped out and then probably hit with a tidal wave. The final battle that takes place is the famed Battle of Armageddon. Too many people do selective reading when interpreting end time events. That’s why people are trying to figure out who the Antichrist is well before it’s time.