The problem of being rich

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Its why librarians are poor and underpaid, but actually they really own vast huge collections of books. And anyone who joins the library has access to a huge collection which is how they can become rich (in literature) as well.

Why does God tell us salvation is a free gift? because he doesnt want anyone to bribe their way into heaven. You cant pay off Jesus.

Jan 12, 2019
Absolutely. If you recall He sent Peter out to catch a fish which had a coin in its mouth so that the temple tax could be paid for both of them.

At the same time Jesus and His disciples did have a fund for ordinary expenses, and Judas was the thieving treasurer of that fund.
Jesus must be the only example of a materially poor person, who somehow needs a treasurer.

Do you know of any other poor people around you who actually have one?

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
What does this RTH business mean? Pretty confusing.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Jesus must be the only example of a materially poor person, who somehow needs a treasurer.

Yeah. The bankrupt government of the USA.;)

If China cashed in all the US debt it has purchased, that could be disastrous.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I learned that it was China that invented money (as a concept) but, it could be every rich nation claims to have invented it.

You can make money out of thin air thats what the Fed do. And also, theres compound interest. If you good at that kind of figure work you can mulitply it.

Anyway. Maybe lets not get into the IMF and World Bank debate. The Bible says the love of money is the root of all evil. Its very interesting the way the Bible narrows it right down to ...love of money. Not love of lots of wives. Not love of food. Love of money!

So those rich people have a problem! Rich peoples problems are totally crazy. Like...what do they do with all the money?

Jan 12, 2019
Yeah. The bankrupt government of the USA.;)

If China cashed in all the US debt it has purchased, that could be disastrous.
Hmm, I asked for a person, and you gave me the government of a country. Neither a govt or a country are a "person".

oyster67

May 24, 2014
i'm sorry you don't think it's relevant.
Agree. The drowsiness expressed reminds me of Mark 14:
14:37 And he cometh, and findeth them sleeping, and saith unto Peter, Simon, sleepest thou? couldest not thou watch one hour?
14:38 Watch ye and pray, lest ye enter into temptation. The spirit truly [is] ready, but the flesh [is] weak.
14:39 And again he went away, and prayed, and spake the same words.
14:40 And when he returned, he found them asleep again, (for their eyes were heavy,) neither wist they what to answer him.

oyster67

May 24, 2014
At first I thought he was burping, but then he told us it means "Read To Here" . Not sure if that helps much.

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
At first I thought he was burping, but then he told us it means "Read To Here" . Not sure if that helps much.
Thanks, just trying to figure out if he means "read all posts up to this point" or "all posts up to this point are relevant to the discussion"

Or more likely "I have read (past tense) to this point just FYI"

Always interesting when someone has unique shorthand but it'd be nice to know what it means :p

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Thanks, just trying to figure out if he means "read all posts up to this point" or "all posts up to this point are relevant to the discussion"

Or more likely "I have read (past tense) to this point just FYI"

Always interesting when someone has unique shorthand but it'd be nice to know what it means :p

I always took it as a note he was leaving for himself so tomorrow he'd be reminded where he had left off

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
Its not the problem to have a lot of money....if the money has you, thats the problem

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI

My Brother Larry because he is not in the habit of saving.

As I posted here Women sponsored their ministry.

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
RTH means read to here, it is a reminder to myself where I stopped because I am busy as caregiver of other senors.

Politely, get over it.

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
I learned that it was China that invented money (as a concept) but, it could be every rich nation claims to have invented it.

You can make money out of thin air thats what the Fed do. And also, theres compound interest. If you good at that kind of figure work you can mulitply it.

Anyway. Maybe lets not get into the IMF and World Bank debate. The Bible says the love of money is the root of all evil. Its very interesting the way the Bible narrows it right down to ...love of money. Not love of lots of wives. Not love of food. Love of money!

So those rich people have a problem! Rich peoples problems are totally crazy. Like...what do they do with all the money?
I remember money existed in Rome during the NT times at least.