The Profit of spiritual gifts...

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

GRACE_ambassador

Well-known member
Feb 22, 2021
4,124
2,760
113
Midwest
"
“Now concerning spiritual gifts, brethren, I would not have you ​
ignorant” (I Cor. 12:1).​

Many Christians are uncertain about the precise definition of a spiritual gift...

...But before we judge the Corinthians or our Pentecostal brethren too harshly...

...It would behoove each of us to examine our heart to see if we live in the
“glass house” of covetousness before we consider throwing stones...

“Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit. And ​
there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord. ​
And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God ​
which worketh all in all” (I Cor. 12:4-6).​

Did you notice that Paul here mentions each member of the Trinity?
He says that spiritual gifts belong to the Spirit, they are administered by the
Lord Jesus, but it is God the Father who works in the recipients of the gifts.

Paul’s point here was to try to impress upon the Corinthians how the members
of the Trinity worked together in glorious harmony in giving the gifts. This was
in stark contrast to the discordant manner in which the Corinthians had received
the gifts!...

...We must pause here in our examination of these individual gifts to submit that
there is an order to the list of gifts as a whole. Paul begins with the spiritual gift
that is of greatest esteem in God’s eyes, and ends with the gift that He esteemed
least....

...“I speak this to your shame. Is it so, that there is not a ​
wise man among you? No, not one that shall be able to ​
judge between his brethren?” (I Cor. 6:5).​

It was a “shame” that the men with the gift of wisdom were “least esteemed”
among them, but it was a fact....

...How wonderful to know that the profit of spiritual gifts is still available
to the believer who studies to show himself approved unto God, rightly
dividing the Word of truth.
"
(R Kurth)

FULL study:
The Profit of spiritual gifts


Study to Be APPROVED Open Bible.png

GRACE And Peace...
 
Paul’s point here was to try to impress upon the Corinthians how the members
of the Trinity worked together in glorious harmony in giving the gifts. This was
in stark contrast to the discordant manner in which the Corinthians had received
the gifts!...

God the Father: God OF man

God the Son: God AS man

God the Holy Ghost: God WITHIN man

So, yes, God is working within His children who are obedient to Him. For God purposed each of His children for a specific purpose, and the spiritual gifts given are to equip each person to be able to accomplish what God purposed them for........

The Apostle Paul stated that the gift of Godly love/charity was most worth seeking.

Chapter 13 excerpt:

4Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,
5Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;
6Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;
7Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.
8Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.
9For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.
10But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.
11When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
12For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.
13And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.