The Promised One - Week 4

  • Thread starter Thread starter billiej
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
B

billiej

Guest
Reading the article cited extended my understanding of the different perspectives of Calvinism and Arminianism which I had been told our faith tradition is more like. I do hope we can discuss this as it does seem to partially shed light on how our ladies understand their faith and salvation.

Quoted from recent email:
"It may be the rest of you do not wrestle with this as much as I do…and that is a good thing. Hopefully I can lay my questions aside after reading Dr. Kenneth Boa’s piece from bible.org. It seems any topic I want more info on – I can find it on bible.org. Not to say those writers are always right…but they usually help me see another side to many of my questions. “if we could raise our thoughts to the level of God’s thoughts – there would be no mysteries,” (Dr. Boa)
IF - & only IF, you are interested in reading more – I whole-heartedly recommend Dr. Kenneth Boa’s piece, Divine Sovereignty vs. Human Responsibility on bible.org. In my opinion, he treats the matter without leaning too much one way or the other – although more to Calvinism - he appears to be more honest than most…& supplies scriptural references for each side (hate the use of “sides” – but I think you understand).
Included in his piece is also a simple chart, you may find helpful – comparing Arminianism to Calvinism."