The purpose of ceremonial laws?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 13, 2017
Correct it was so let us now look art this new covenant see who it is with and what happens within its directives, you see many think that each covenant negates the one before it , this is simply not the case or there would be no reason for a rainbow to appear now.
This new covenant is illustrated in a few places in biblical text but not as clearly as in Jer. 31:31-34 read these words carefully and decide for yourself.
Also I want to be clear and say I am in now way trying to pursued you to believe this or that,however the statement made was that these directives wern't actually commands and this is what I was addressing, that and the fact that the bible itself makes no distinction between so-called ceremonial laws and moral laws, or any other delineation, as stated previously please show biblical text its its proper context to show this directly, otherwise its just mans opinions, learned perhaps but suppositions non-the less.
Denadii nods.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
whatever ceremonie the OP is referring to I suppose.........I don't know what the big deal is though......as to what the "purpose" of ceremonial laws is.......Understanding what the purpose of them are does not mean they are for today's Church, or have any place in the New Covenant.

As I stated, the purpose of law is to instil order

May 13, 2017
whatever ceremonie the OP is referring to I suppose.........I don't know what the big deal is though......as to what the "purpose" of ceremonial laws is.......Understanding what the purpose of them are does not mean they are for today's Church, or have any place in the New Covenant.

As I stated, the purpose of law is to instil order
I was not asking the purpose of law. I was asking about what is ceremonial law.

mcubed

Dec 20, 2013
The only ceremonial laws kept somewhat today are chickens blood on Yom Kippur by some orthodox Jews, and that is stretching it because that is not the norm. So, what are you talking about?

If you're trying to refer the Jewish feast those are no ceremonial laws. Then different conversation.... Or do you know a christian group sacrificing chickens for the blood!?!

Locutus

Feb 10, 2017
Hebrews 9:8 onwards gives some background.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
You need to ask the OP...........I was answering the question posed by the OP

Mar 28, 2016
The only ceremonial laws kept somewhat today are chickens blood on Yom Kippur by some orthodox Jews, and that is stretching it because that is not the norm. So, what are you talking about?

If you're trying to refer the Jewish feast those are no ceremonial laws. Then different conversation.... Or do you know a christian group sacrificing chickens for the blood!?!
Many of the ceremonial laws as shadows were fulfilled at the time of reformation. And because of the restored government some remain and still point ahead to fulfillment and other were added as new tesetament principles also waiting for their fulfillment in the end of the Age.

Mar 28, 2016
Finding out the purpose will reveal what it is and what it is not.