The Rapture Isn’t A Hoax. Be Prepared For It.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Heavenian

Jun 18, 2020
For soon and very soon, “The One who is appearing will come without delay (Hebrews 10:37 TPT).

Some people believe the Rapture of the Church is a hoax. Their argument is that the word “rapture” doesn’t appear anywhere in the Bible, and even Jesus never talked about it. Well, there are many things Jesus didn’t say much about. For instance, His disciples were with Him for the few years He ministered on earth, yet they knew nothing about the Gentiles receiving salvation. Though He had taught them many things, they couldn’t find anything that gave them a clear understanding that the Gentiles were to be brought into salvation.
In fact, when Peter went to the house of Cornelius, the Roman Centurion, and the other disciples heard about it, they were angry with him. He had to explain to them his experience with the Spirit of God and how, without his (Peter’s) permission, the Holy Spirit came upon the Gentiles while he was still speaking to them.

James then opened the Scriptures and found where the prophets said the Gentiles would come into salvation. This was their first clue, until the mystery and revelation of the Body of Christ was given to the Apostle Paul.
It’s the same thing with the Rapture. You may not find the word “rapture” in any verse because at the time of writing, Paul described it as a mystery: “Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed” (1 Corinthians 15:51). In 1 Thessalonians 4:17, the Scripture says, we shall be “caught up.” The Greek word is “harpazo,” which means to seize and take away. The Latin version translation is “raptura”, which in English is “rapture”; so it’s erroneous for anyone to suggest it’s not in the Bible.
Let no one deceive you; the Rapture is going to take place anytime soon. It’s closer than it’s ever been. It’s going to happen so fast that those who aren’t prepared and looking forward to it won’t have time to prepare and will be left behind. That had better not be you. Hebrews 9:28 says, “…Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.”

PRAYER
Dear Father, I thank you for the honor of revealing to me deep insights from your Word. Thank you for making known to me by your Spirit the reality of the Rapture, and how close it is. I’m committed to preparing others for it, as I eagerly await the soon return of the Master. Amen.

Thanks,
JESUS IS LORD.

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
We all will die someday, those of us 660 years old are closer to that glorious day. One should live everyday for Jesus as if it is their last one on this earth.

EnglishChick

Apr 20, 2021
England UK
For soon and very soon, “The One who is appearing will come without delay (Hebrews 10:37 TPT).

Some people believe the Rapture of the Church is a hoax. Their argument is that the word “rapture” doesn’t appear anywhere in the Bible, and even Jesus never talked about it. Well, there are many things Jesus didn’t say much about. For instance, His disciples were with Him for the few years He ministered on earth, yet they knew nothing about the Gentiles receiving salvation. Though He had taught them many things, they couldn’t find anything that gave them a clear understanding that the Gentiles were to be brought into salvation.
In fact, when Peter went to the house of Cornelius, the Roman Centurion, and the other disciples heard about it, they were angry with him. He had to explain to them his experience with the Spirit of God and how, without his (Peter’s) permission, the Holy Spirit came upon the Gentiles while he was still speaking to them.

James then opened the Scriptures and found where the prophets said the Gentiles would come into salvation. This was their first clue, until the mystery and revelation of the Body of Christ was given to the Apostle Paul.
It’s the same thing with the Rapture. You may not find the word “rapture” in any verse because at the time of writing, Paul described it as a mystery: “Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed” (1 Corinthians 15:51). In 1 Thessalonians 4:17, the Scripture says, we shall be “caught up.” The Greek word is “harpazo,” which means to seize and take away. The Latin version translation is “raptura”, which in English is “rapture”; so it’s erroneous for anyone to suggest it’s not in the Bible.
Let no one deceive you; the Rapture is going to take place anytime soon. It’s closer than it’s ever been. It’s going to happen so fast that those who aren’t prepared and looking forward to it won’t have time to prepare and will be left behind. That had better not be you. Hebrews 9:28 says, “…Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.”

PRAYER
Dear Father, I thank you for the honor of revealing to me deep insights from your Word. Thank you for making known to me by your Spirit the reality of the Rapture, and how close it is. I’m committed to preparing others for it, as I eagerly await the soon return of the Master. Amen.

Thanks,
JESUS IS LORD.
Surely being prepared simply means we must be born again and filled with the Holy Spirit?

GaryA

Truth, Honesty, Love, Courage
Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
The rapture is real, and so are the things we will have to go through before the rapture occurs at the Second Coming of Christ.

Perhaps, your admonishment should be - prepare for those things which we will have to deal with before the return of Christ.

Dirtman

Jul 19, 2022
Really, Jesus never taught that the Gentiles would be saved.
He healed and drove demons out of and healed the children of and servants of many Gentiles. He also said this.
When Jesus heard it, He marveled, and said to those who followed, “Assuredly, I say to you, I have not found such great faith, not even in Israel! And I say to you that many will come from east and west, and sit down with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven. But the sons of the kingdom will be cast out into outer darkness. There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.”
Matthew 8:10‭-‬12 NKJV
https://bible.com/bible/114/mat.8.10-12.NKJV

When he healed a Roman Centurion's servant.

And Jesus also taught about his return.

Butterflyyy

Oct 31, 2019
Surely being prepared simply means we must be born again and filled with the Holy Spirit?
And stay close to Him.
Jesus said, ‘Abide in Me,’ He also said we cannot bear fruit of ourselves but that it is through abiding in the True Vine that we bear fruit. He is the Way, Truth and Life.🙂
Let’s keep reading the Bible, keeping our Ephesians ch 6 armour on, and always pray to Him and seek Him, loving Him with all our hearts.
Amen.

Butterflyyy

Oct 31, 2019
He healed and drove demons out of and healed the children of and servants of many Gentiles. He also said this.
When Jesus heard it, He marveled, and said to those who followed, “Assuredly, I say to you, I have not found such great faith, not even in Israel! And I say to you that many will come from east and west, and sit down with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven. But the sons of the kingdom will be cast out into outer darkness. There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.”

Romans 11:25 says this:

I do not want you to be ignorant of this mystery, brothers, so that you will not be conceited: A hardening in part has come to Israel, until the full number of the Gentiles has come in.

Dirtman

Jul 19, 2022
Romans 11:25 says this:

I do not want you to be ignorant of this mystery, brothers, so that you will not be conceited: A hardening in part has come to Israel, until the full number of the Gentiles has come in.
Ok... Whats your point?
Seems a non sequitur to me.

Butterflyyy

Oct 31, 2019
Ok... Whats your point?
Seems a non sequitur to me.
On the contrary, Brother, what is YOUR point? Because also, Isaiah said, in chapter 49 verse 6, ‘It is too small a thing that You should be My Servant To raise up the tribes of Jacob, And to restore the preserved ones of Israel; I will also give You as a light to the Gentiles, That You should be My salvation to the ends of the earth.’ ”

Butterflyyy

Oct 31, 2019
My point is this, Jesus is the Word, and the Word teaches us that Gentiles will be saved.
The Bible speaks of a wild olive branch which is grafted into the original Olive Tree.
There are more verses which also show this.

Dirtman

Jul 19, 2022
My point is this, Jesus is the Word, and the Word teaches us that Gentiles will be saved.
The Bible speaks of a wild olive branch which is grafted into the original Olive Tree.
There are more verses which also show this.
I agree. In fact I said as much in a previous post.

Scarlett7297

Mar 28, 2020

PRAYER

Thanks,
JESUS IS LORD.
How does one prepare for it I wonder. A person will go through hundreds of temptations or if not temptations problems and they will be trying to solve those problems or be weighed down by it. Are those still called prepared?

Oct 27, 2022

PRAYER

Thanks,
JESUS IS LORD.[/QUOTE
My first concern on the subject is that the word "rapture" isn't found anywhere in the new testament. It is a man made doctrine based on the mistranslation of I Thess 4:13-18. The subject is in verses 13-14. You are not to be ignorant concerning those that fell asleep (died) believing in Christ. If you believe Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. Those that died in Jesus were raised with him and are now in heaven with God. He is not the God of the dead, but of the living.

I Thes 4:15- We which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. Why? Because they have already risen. 16- For the Lord shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trump of God; and the dead in Christ shall rise first. Why? Because they are already there. 17- Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air, and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

We which remain until the Lord's coming, at the last or 7th trump, will be gathered in the cloud of angels which will return with him. It doesn't mean a cloud in the sky, but a cloud of witnesses. We will meet him in the air, which is to say a spiritual body that we are all changed into at his coming. Air doesn't mean atmosphere, but the the spiritual body explained in I Cor 15:35-54. We have two bodies, the flesh natural body and the spiritual body that we are changed into at the last Trump when Jesus returns.

I Cor 15: 51-52-I shew you a mystery, we shall not all sleep (die), but we shall all be changed, in a moment, in the twinkling of the eye, at the LAST TRUMP, for the trump shall sound and the dead will be raised incorruptible (because they are already there), and we (that remain) shall be changed (into that spiritual body). No one is going to fly away to escape the tribulation of Satan (son of perdition/antichrist), when he comes claiming to be God, II Thess 2:1-4. It is our job to stand against him and expose his lies, Mark 13:9-11. Don't be deceived by false doctrines. Study to show yourself approved and make the stand against the devil, Eph 6:11-17. May God give you eyes to see and understand.
]

Nov 26, 2021
India
Yes, the event described in 1 Thess 4 isn't a hoax. That event, however, clearly happens (1) Post-Resurrection of the Saints, thus post-Trib also (2) with a Loud Trumpet, not in secret, (3) At the Second Coming. Let's read what the passage itself says.

"Believers Who Have Died

13Brothers and sisters, we do not want you to be uninformed about those who sleep in death, so that you do not grieve like the rest of mankind, who have no hope. 14For we believe that Jesus died and rose again, and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him. 15According to the Lord’s word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep. 16For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. 18Therefore encourage one another with these words.

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
I agree. In fact I said as much in a previous post.
Probably the point was, your post (by itself) implied that gentiles wouldn't be saved. When I saw it was you who posted, I was fairly certain that this was not what you meant. But that would have been my take-away from your message, without knowing more context.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022

John 10:16...And I have other sheep which are not of this fold...
But I posted this before going through all the posts so if I misunderstood, my apologies.