The Rapture of the Church is after the Tribulation

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jul 23, 2018
I agree, the beast is a government power. I also believe, however, that the beasts mouth who speaks great things in Revelation 13 and in Daniel 7 is an individual, aka the Antichrist.

We are on the same page where the hour of temptation pertains to the beasts one world government.
From this point, however, our perspectives differ somewhat as to what the temptation represents.

According to the angel in Revelation 17:8 the beast who was, and is not, will ascend from the bottomless pit.
This is the same beast who ascends from the pit and makes war with the two witnesses in Revelation 11 at the conclusion of their 42 months of testifying in Jerusalem.
From here we have another similar description where the beast's mouth makes war with the saints and overcomes them in Revelation 13.

Here's where it gets a little complicated: Realizing the beast who rises from the sea in Revelation 13 is another description for the beast who shall arise from the bottomless pit in Revelation 9; then the events prior to the beast rising from the bottomless pit, seen in Revelation 8 where one third of earth's environment is destroyed, indicates very bad tribulation for many of earths inhabitants prior to the beasts rising.
Upon rising from the sea, however, the whole faithless world will be in love with the beasts new system (Revelation 13:4 & 8).
This new system of the beast that will have the whole faithless world saying "Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with the beast?", meaning: "What other government can provide such a great lifestyle as that of the beasts?" is what I recognize representing the hour of temptation. The beasts system will be so great, it will even wear out and overcome the saints (Daniel 7:25 & Revelation 13:7).

Revelation 13:4 And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?

Revelation 13:7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.
8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

Daniel 7:25 And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.
Actually the beast is a man,as your verses indicate,not a government

Jul 23, 2018
The issue of this thread is only one of the possibilities. I recently watched 2 sequential videos with well known ministers and theologians discussing this issue. There are 3 Biblical versions; pre trib, mid trib, and post trib. Each presented the Biblical reasons for the one they were defending. All agreed they would prefer pre trib to have Christians escaping harm. But that is up to God.
It goes one step further,since i can show mid and post to be impossible

Jul 23, 2018
It amazes me how people keep using Daniel to predict the near future. Twice it states it is closed until the end times. Since there isn't the third temple built on the site of the previous 2 temples the end is not yet. In Israel they have excavated the site of them and are planning to rebuild a new temple. That will take several years after they get permission to build there. Keep in mind that Israel is a secular nation. The religious Jews are in a small minority. I know this because I went there for work several times. The religious Jews have hurdles to pass to rebuild the temple not the least of which is the money. When you see it start to be rebuilt the end will come soon after it is completed.
The AC arrives and does wonderful things for the Jews,and starts with the mark. The temple could be later.
Recently the city of david was excavated.
Some say it is the actual temple site.
Personally i don't know.
Both sides make a good case for the temple site,but the point is,it will be a farce since it is OT pattern with animal sacrifice. So the location is,in a sense , moot.

Jul 23, 2018
why would you think the tribulation and the wrath are both from God and the elect are rescued from it the same time ? (Greek to English Jesus said he rescues the Elect from himself)?
Both are judgement.
God would use nations to judge his people

Trib (the gt) is God indirectly judging

Wrath is direct judgement

Jul 23, 2018
In #628 I said that i would have argued over not being able to use Josephus why do you think I said it if I am any type futurist?
I honestly cant go there.
Too many grand canyon leaps.
The things surrounding the AC, and israel becoming a nation are a few.

The historicist,i believe,took that position not realizing Israel would be re established and a temple built.

Plus the ENTIRE deal rests on a shaky dating of rev.
If rev is written in the obvious 90s,it is a death blow to historicists

Jul 23, 2018
I agree that the "bride/groom component" (as you put it) is indeed very important (and important for aid in understanding the issue under discussion in this thread), I just see some of the aspects DIFFERENTLY than you do, in that, I see the Olivet Discourse and the gospel accounts to be covering "the wedding FEAST/SUPPER" [i.e. the earthly MK] and NOT "the MARRIAGE" itself.

The "bride/wife [singular]" is not mentioned in the Olivet Discourse/gospels, because it is "the wedding FEAST/SUPPER" being covered there (with its PLURAL "virgins" and its PLURAL "guests" etc), and not "the MARRIAGE" itself being covered.

At that point in the chronology, Jesus will be "returning [/coming]" as an ALREADY-WED "Bridegroom" (not TO MARRY PLURAL [10 nor 5] "virgins"). This is the distinction between Rev19:9 (re: "the wedding FEAST/SUPPER" [the earthly MK]) and Rev19:7 (AORIST; re: "the MARRIAGE" itself [2Cor11:2], already taken place in Heaven by that point in the chronology [Rev19], and now He is heading down to "the wedding FEAST/SUPPER" the MK on the earth, WITH [G4862 - syn - denoting 'UNION'/UNIONed with] His "Bride/Wife [SINGULAR]," where thereafter the settings/contexts of "the wedding FEAST/SUPPER" [passages] take up the next scene in the chronology [Matt22:9-14 / Matt25:10 / Lk12:36-37,38,40 "when he will RETURN FROM the wedding..." THEN the meal [see also Matt8:11 ["G347"] and parallel])
Except Jesus said the feast will be in heaven.
" i will not drink of the cup again untill it is with you in heaven"
Plus the wedding feast is parallel to the wedding,not a distant separate timetable

Jul 23, 2018
The wrath was part of the tribulation - the Christians back then followed John's admonishment "flee the wrath to come"
That trib was local,not worldwide.
Way too far fetched

Jul 23, 2018
What would be the purpose of being raptured after the fallen people of the world go through Hell? Why would we Christian people deserve to suffer that?
Plus it is Jacob's trouble,not brides trouble.
Purpose.
God is a God of purpose.
The trib is the end of the gentile church on earth and a catalysts to see Israel repent and be brought in.

Jul 23, 2018
The Second Persecution, Under Domitian, A.D. 81
The emperor Domitian, who was naturally inclined to cruelty, first slew his brother, and then raised the second persecution against the Christians. In his rage he put to death some of the Roman senators, some through malice; and others to confiscate their estates. He then commanded all the lineage of David be put to death.
Among the numerous martyrs that suffered during this persecution was Simeon, bishop of Jerusalem, who was crucified; and St. John, who was boiled in oil, and afterward banished to Patmos. Flavia, the daughter of a Roman senator, was likewise banished to Pontus; and a law was made, "That no Christian, once brought before the tribunal, should be exempted from punishment without renouncing his religion."
https://www.ccel.org/f/foxe/martyrs/fox102.htm
^^^^^^^^^^^^this^^^^^^^^^^^

Endoscopy

Oct 13, 2017
It goes one step further,since i can show mid and post to be impossible
ROFL
It is obvious you didn't watch those videos. There was a proponent for each reciting the Bible to back up their claim. Each was compelling. Try again!!

Endoscopy

Oct 13, 2017
That trib was local,not worldwide.
Way too far fetched
Take that up with the verses claiming that after the rapture with Jesus returning that God will pour out his wrath on earth and only stop when 1/3 of ALL living things are left, 2/3 wiped out!!!

You are absolutely wrong!!!

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011
I honestly cant go there.
Too many grand canyon leaps.
The things surrounding the AC, and israel becoming a nation are a few.

The historicist,i believe,took that position not realizing Israel would be re established and a temple built.

Plus the ENTIRE deal rests on a shaky dating of rev.
If rev is written in the obvious 90s,it is a death blow to historicists

lol,I think Josephus is a sore subject among many at first. Why is in that it is not inspired scripture but instead the opinion of a man writing a historical account of events. In the past I remember some said to read Josephus and see if you don't agree it is all fulfilled meaning the contents of Revelation. I notice that most who refuse to read it are dispensationist,futurist ect. and will argue that not every stone was overturned so it was not fulfilled completely(some stones still standing ect.)

In the post you quoted from me I ask you why you think I would argue to include Josephus "if I were any type futurist". At times we type/write things and it could be taken more than one way. I ask you what i did "if i were any type futurist" and it could mean I am not a futurist or that i am. Your response seems to indicate that you took it to mean i am not a futurist when I am. So now you know that I am futurist,so why would I argue Josephus be included in a debate if I thought it could or would injure my futurist position?

There are a few things to explain about this, one is Romans 13:1-7 another 1Peter 2:13-14 and Revelation 13:16-17 and another https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Jewish_Revolt_coinage and Josephus wars 2 http://penelope.uchicago.edu/josephus/war-2.html

Wars 2 is about as long as Revelation at 22 chapters but if you read it shows that the mark of the beast,image ect. were not fulfilled in ad66-70 and it will not damage a futurist position in any way but actually support it. You see i see it as a weapon not to be set aside.

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
Except Jesus said the feast will be in heaven.
" i will not drink of the cup again untill it is with you in heaven"
Well, you and I are going to continue to disagree on the location of "the wedding FEAST/SUPPER," but I'll give a brief summary of verses which I believe show a parallel timing:

Matthew 19:28 -

"28 And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel."

Luke 22:16,18,30 -

"16 For I say unto you, I will not any more eat thereof [that is, 'of the passover'], until it be fulfilled in the kingdom of God.

17 And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and said, Take this, and divide it among yourselves:

18 For I say unto you, I will not drink of the fruit of the vine, until the kingdom of God shall come.

28 Ye are they which have continued with me in my temptations.

29 And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me;

30 That ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel."

Matthew 26:29 -

"29 But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it NEW WITH [G3326 - meta - accompanying] YOU in my Father's kingdom." [note that the tribulation period is when the remnant of Israel come to faith in their Messiah (Jesus Christ) and are led into the New Covenant]

Matthew 25:31-34 [quoted in part] (for TIMING, related to the above) -

"31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:

32 And before him shall be gathered all the nations […]" [with v.40 "the least of these My brethren" referring to the remnant of Israel, having come to faith within that future time period, and who are NOT the ones BEING judged/separated in this Sheep & goats judgment (but who these either AIDED/HELPED/BLESSED themselves, or did not)]

...plus the fact that Rev19:7 (re: the "Bride/Wife [singular]" and the "MARRIAGE" itself) being "aorist" (already taken place IN HEAVEN by Rev19 context), whereas Rev19:9 is not aorist, but where He is now heading down TO... and where all of "the wedding FEAST/SUPPER" contexts show to be taking place upon His "return" to the earth [i.e. Lk12:36-37,38,40; etc..."when he will RETURN FROM the wedding..." THEN the meal] and the "INVITIATION" having taken place DURING the trib years (BY the remnant of Israel, primarily--Matt22:7-8's SEQUENCE[70ad events and "THEN SAITH HE TO"]/thus Rev1:1/7:3 "SERVANTS of our God"; and Matt25:1-13's "THEN shall...")

Plus the wedding feast is parallel to the wedding,not a distant separate timetable
It follows on from "the MARRIAGE" itself. They do not occur simultaneously.

Jesus, in John 2, was attending a "wedding FEAST/SUPPER" (where "GUESTS [PLURAL]" are also present), not "the MARRIAGE" itself (pertaining solely to the wedded couple. ;) )

Dec 10, 2018
Those saints counted worthy to remain through to the last trump of the 7 trumpets of Revelation witness “only with their eyes” some of the wrath of God but will rest in their spiritual ark under the pinions of our Father’s Psalm 91 promises until they are lifted up in the rapture/resurrection:

Psalms 91:1-8 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the Most High Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. (2) I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in whom I trust. (3) For he will deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, And from the deadly pestilence. (4) He will cover thee with his pinions, And under his wings shalt thou take refuge: His truth is a shield and a buckler. (5) Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night, Nor for the arrow that flieth by day; (6) For the pestilence that walketh in darkness, Nor for the destruction that wastethat noonday. (7) A thousand shall fall at thy side, And ten thousand at thy right hand; But it shall not come nigh thee. (8) Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold, And see the reward of the wicked.

1 Corinthians 15:51-52 Behold, I tell you a mystery: We all shall not sleep, but we shall all be changed, (52) in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

Revelation 11:15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there followed great voices in heaven, and they said, The kingdom of the world is become the kingdom of our Lord, and of his Christ: and he shall reign for ever and ever.

The time Noah spent in the ark from “the second month, on the seventeenth day of the month” when he entered till he set foot back on the earth in “the second month, on the seven and twentieth day of the month” was a year:

Genesis 8:14-16 And in the second month, on the seven and twentieth day of the month, was the earth dried. (15) And God spake unto Noah, saying, (16) Go forth of the ark, thou, and thy wife, and thy sons, and thy sons’ wives with thee.

Please remember they went by lunar months in Noah’s day which were 29.6 days per month. So 12 months later would have been 355 days thus the reason God told Noah to leave the ark on the 27th day of the second month and not the 17th day of the second month:

12 X 29.6 = 355 + 10 = 365 days or a year of wrath

Noah did not leave the ark to set foot back on the earth until after the full year of wrath was finished which as a type will be the seven bowls which finish the wrath of God:

Revelation 15:1 And I saw another sign in heaven, great and marvellous, seven angels having seven plagues, which are the last, for in them is finished the wrath of God.

Revelation 16:1 And I heard a great voice out of the temple, saying to the seven angels, Go ye, and pour out the seven bowls of the wrath of God into the earth.

The saints will not return to the earth until after the year of the redeemed is finished by Jesus returning at His second coming to smite the nations with the sWord of His mouth:

Revelation 19:11-16 And I saw the heaven opened; and behold, a white horse, and he that sat thereon called Faithful and True; and in righteousness he doth judge and make war. (12) And his eyes are a flame of fire, and upon his head are many diadems; and he hath a name written which no one knoweth but he himself. (13) And he is arrayed in a garment sprinkled with blood: and his name is called The Word of God. (14) And the armies which are in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and pure. (15) And out of his mouth proceedeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness of the wrath of God, the Almighty. (16) And he hath on his garment and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

Isaiah 63:4 For the day of vengeance was in my heart, and the year of my redeemed is come.

Just as it was not until AFTER the 7 days that Noah left the earth in his ark; we are not leaving this earth until AFTER 7 years of tribulation and the “sun shall be darkened”. “Then” and only “then” AFTER these two events does the Lord come with His angels to gather His elect from off the earth:

Mark 13:24-27 But in those days, after that tribulation, the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, (25) And the stars of heaven shall fall, and the powers that are in heaven shall be shaken. (26) And then shall they see the Son of man coming in the clouds with great power and glory. (27) And then shall he send his angels, and shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from the uttermost part of the earth to the uttermost part of heaven.

Matthew 24:29-31 But immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: (30) and then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. (31) And he shall send forth his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Both Matthew and Mark only record one time that Jesus comes in the clouds with the sound of a trumpet to receive the dead and the living in Christ so Paul’s recording of this event can only happen after the tribulation and the sun is darkened:

1 Thessalonians 4:15-17 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. (16) For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: (17) Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Jesus being seen by every eye on the earth when he comes in the clouds to meet us in the air proves there is no secret pretrib rapture:

Revelation 1:7 Behold, he cometh with the clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they that pierced him; and all the tribes of the earth shall mourn over him. Even so, Amen.

Paul also told us the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and our gathering together unto him would happen during “the day of the Lord” after the falling away and the man of sin be revealed:

2 Thessalonians 2:1-3 Now we beseech you, brethren, touching the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and our gathering together unto him; (2) to the end that ye be not quickly shaken from your mind, nor yet be troubled, either by spirit, or by word, or by epistle as from us, as that the day of the Lord is just at hand; (3) let no man beguile you in any wise: for it will not be, except the falling away come first, and the man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition,

Many pretrib rapture teachers hang their entire thesis on Revelation 4:1 with this belief that the church is not mentioned again in the book of Revelation until chapter 22:

Revelation 4:1 After these things I saw, and behold, a door opened in heaven, and the first voice that I heard, a voice as of a trumpet speaking with me, one saying, Come up hither, and I will show thee the things which must come to pass hereafter.

All of the New Testament is written directly to the “church” but the word “church” is not used in 10 books of the NT which are Mark, Luke, John, 2 Timothy, Titus, 1 Peter, 2 Peter, 1 John, 2 John, or Jude.

The word “church” is not the only word in the New Testament that describe the body of Christ as Paul often referred to the “church” as the “saints”:

1 Corinthians 1:2 unto the church of God which is at Corinth, even them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called saints, with all that call upon the name of our Lord Jesus Christ in every place, their Lord and ours:

All of the New Testament is written directly to the “saints” but the word “saints” is not used in 11 books of the NT which are Mark, Luke, John, Galatians, 2 Timothy, Titus, 1 Peter, 2 Peter, 1 John, 2 John, or 3 John.

But the words “church” or “churches” is used 20 times in the book of Revelation in chapters 1, 2, 3, and 22 while the word “saints” is used a total of 14 times in chapters 5, 8, 11, 13, 14, 16,17, 18, 19, 20, and 22 so Father is simply interchanging the words “church” and “saints” knowing it would be hard for some “saints” to understand and thus follow His message:

2 Peter 3:15-16 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also, according to the wisdom given to him, wrote unto you; (16) as also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; wherein are some things hard to be understood, which the ignorant and unstedfast wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

Dec 10, 2018
Please note that in the following NET both the good and the bad are STILL TOGETHER, which means that when the Angels come to sever the good from the bad they are both still together. The good and the bad get severed on the VERY SAME OCCASION.

Matthew 13:47-49
Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a NET, that was cast into the sea, and gathered of every kind. Which, when it was full, they drew to shore, and sat down, and gathered THE GOOD into vessels, but cast THE BAD away.

So shall it be at the end of the world: the angels shall come forth, and sever the WICKED from among the JUST.

YehovaYeshua

Dec 10, 2018
And also in the days of Noah and in the days of lot the good and the bad we're all still together. The ones that were saved and the ones that were destroyed happened ON THE SAME DAY.

Luke 17:26-30
And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man.They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, UNTIL TJE DAY that Noah entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all.

Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded. But THE SAME DAY that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all.

Even thus shall it be IN THE DAY when the Son of man is revealed.

YehovaYeshua

Endoscopy

Oct 13, 2017
lol,I think Josephus is a sore subject among many at first. Why is in that it is not inspired scripture but instead the opinion of a man writing a historical account of events. In the past I remember some said to read Josephus and see if you don't agree it is all fulfilled meaning the contents of Revelation. I notice that most who refuse to read it are dispensationist,futurist ect. and will argue that not every stone was overturned so it was not fulfilled completely(some stones still standing ect.)

In the post you quoted from me I ask you why you think I would argue to include Josephus "if I were any type futurist". At times we type/write things and it could be taken more than one way. I ask you what i did "if i were any type futurist" and it could mean I am not a futurist or that i am. Your response seems to indicate that you took it to mean i am not a futurist when I am. So now you know that I am futurist,so why would I argue Josephus be included in a debate if I thought it could or would injure my futurist position?

There are a few things to explain about this, one is Romans 13:1-7 another 1Peter 2:13-14 and Revelation 13:16-17 and another https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Jewish_Revolt_coinage and Josephus wars 2 http://penelope.uchicago.edu/josephus/war-2.html

Wars 2 is about as long as Revelation at 22 chapters but if you read it shows that the mark of the beast,image ect. were not fulfilled in ad66-70 and it will not damage a futurist position in any way but actually support it. You see i see it as a weapon not to be set aside.
Josephus was a historion not a person who promoted religious views. Same category as Caesars writings. For example Jesus prophecied the temple complex would be destroyed with not one stone left on another. Josephus wrote about watching this take place. He stated that if hadn't been there to watch I happen with the stones removed in the process he would have never known where it stood. This is evidence that the wall on the Temple Mount was not part of the Temple Complex but part of Fort Antonio housing the 6,000 soldiers and 4,000 assistants consisting of a Roman legion. The ludicrous scale model of the Temple Mount showing the temple taking up the vast majority with Ft. Antonio only taking up a small corner of the mount tries to cram 10,000 into an area that might hold 100 at best.

The location of the temple has been excavated and was as the Torah states on a higher part of the city of David near the temple mount. Even with this many Jews refuse to accept the wall is not part of the temple. Plans are underway to rebuild the temple on that site. It will take a while to get permission and money to do this. This a requirement all proponents of the different views of the tribulation events claim. The three views of the rapture all agree on this plus the wish that the rapture be pre trib not mid or post trib taking Christians out of the tribulation.

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011
Josephus was a historion not a person who promoted religious views. Same category as Caesars writings. For example Jesus prophecied the temple complex would be destroyed with not one stone left on another. Josephus wrote about watching this take place. He stated that if hadn't been there to watch I happen with the stones removed in the process he would have never known where it stood. This is evidence that the wall on the Temple Mount was not part of the Temple Complex but part of Fort Antonio housing the 6,000 soldiers and 4,000 assistants consisting of a Roman legion. The ludicrous scale model of the Temple Mount showing the temple taking up the vast majority with Ft. Antonio only taking up a small corner of the mount tries to cram 10,000 into an area that might hold 100 at best.

The location of the temple has been excavated and was as the Torah states on a higher part of the city of David near the temple mount. Even with this many Jews refuse to accept the wall is not part of the temple. Plans are underway to rebuild the temple on that site. It will take a while to get permission and money to do this. This a requirement all proponents of the different views of the tribulation events claim. The three views of the rapture all agree on this plus the wish that the rapture be pre trib not mid or post trib taking Christians out of the tribulation.

you seem to miss the intent of post #672 ,I'll expand it to clarify it's intent

In Romans 13 and 1Peter the Christians are being told to see Rome(authority over them at that time) as if ordained by God and to pay tithes(money) to them they deserve . In Revelation 13 none can buy or sell unless they receive the mark of the beast,worship the beast ect. In wars 2 the Jews then are pressed into a revolt because they worship God and refuse to let the Romans pollute the temple of God.

(A)So in ad66-70 the Apostles are saying to the then believing Christians to see Rome as over them and to pay tribute(worship the beast and buy and sell with its money?) which cannot be correct right?

(B)The Romans (beast) survive the war/revolt(win the war instead of losing) and were not destroyed at that time(coming?) and continue into history.

(C)The Jews involved in the siege/revolt and refuse to see Rome as God, refuse to let them put images in the Temple and die for it (2Wars book 2,chapter 10,paragraph 4.

So who took the mark of the beat and were destroyed at the brightness of the Lords coming at that time(ad70)?

YDo

Dec 9, 2018
Plus it is Jacob's trouble,not brides trouble.
Purpose.
God is a God of purpose.
The trib is the end of the gentile church on earth and a catalysts to see Israel repent and be brought in.
Right. Nothing will change the Hebrews mind like watching the world catch fire.