[/COLOR]
Scripture says that Jesus went to prepare places for all believers and is coming back to take us there:
"My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am."
So, putting the timing of the event aside, at some point the above must take place. The scripture states that Jesus went to the Father's house (heaven) to prepare a place for us and that at some time He is coming back to take us to be with Him (in the Father's house) that where He is, we may be also. Therefore, yes, believers are going to heaven to those dwelling places that the Lord prepared for us.
Once we are in heaven, we will each stand at the Bema seat of Christ to receive rewards or loss of reward. We will also attend the wedding of the Lamb in heaven (Rev.19:6-8). After that, we will return with Christ as He returns to the earth to end the age, following behind Him on white horses.
"Hallelujah!For our Lord God Almighty reigns. Let us rejoice and be glad and give him glory! For the wedding of the
Lamb has come, and his bride has made herself ready. Fine linen, bright and clean, was given her to wear.”
"The armies of heaven were following him, riding on white horses and dressed in fine linen, white and clean."
The group above are the great tribulation saints, those who will have been killed for their testimony of Jesus and the word of God and who will not have worshiped the beast, his image nor received his mark and will be resurrected after Christ returns to the earth to end the age. This group is not the church, but are those described below:
" After this I looked, and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and before the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands."
hen one of the elders asked me, “These in white robes—who are they, and where did they come from?”
I answered, “Sir, you know.”
And he said, “These are they who have come out of the great tribulation; they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.
The group above are resurrected after Christ returns to the earth to end the age and along with the church and the 144,000, will rule with Christ during His millennial kingdom.