The Rapture

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 3, 2016
Josephus merely confirms all the events which Jesus described
Your idol Josephus is a nobody and does not speak for God or for Jesus and is merely a speculator such as your preterist selfs

Read Josephus...
I do not worship Josephus, nor is he my idol.

God makes clear that He will never allow Israel to go through another period of shame like that again
That's not true... towards the end of the coming tribulation Israel will be all but destroyed yet again because the Lord cannot step in and save them until they acknowledge Jesus is THE Messiah.

Preterism is not only heresy, but it kills braisn cells!

Good luck with that... yer gonna need it!

PlainWord

Jun 11, 2013
1 John 2:17-18 (NKJV)
[SUP]17 [/SUP] And the world is passing away, and the lust of it; but he who does the will of God abides forever.
[SUP]18 [/SUP] Little children, it is the last hour; and as you have heard that the Antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come, by which we know that it is the last hour.

THEREFORE the LAST HOUR includes, the world passing away, so it is YOUR perception of time, that is WRONG. ONCE AGAIN, you forgot to read the context, before you made your decision about what the author meant.
The "world" in this context was the unbelieving, Messiah-rejecting Jews. It was their world as they knew it, not the whole planet!!

Again, it was their "last hour" not ours. It was the end of their age, the Mosaic Age.

Psalm 78:69

And He built His sanctuary like the heights, Like the earth which He has established forever.

Psalm 104:5

You who laid the foundations of the earth, So that it should not be moved forever

Ecclesiastes 1:4

One generation passes away, and another generation comes; But the earth abides forever.

It was the evil Jewish world that passed away, not the whole planet. Does the physical planet have lust? Of course not. It's the evil people that have lust. It's a figure of speech just like we have figures of speech that they wouldn't understand. It's clear that John is comparing the wicked and righteous by the next line: "but he who does the will of God abides forever." Therefore the wicked will be passing away but those who honor God live forever.

This is how John talked which he learned from Jesus, because Jesus spoke that way also. Look at some passages from his epistle, the Book of John. Its the same way of speaking of the "world."

John 15:19
If you were of the world, the world would love its own. Yet because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you.

John 3:17
For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.

Is Christ speaking of the physical planet or it's people?

John 6:33

For the bread of God is He who comes down from heaven and gives life to the world.”

Was the planet literally dead. Common man!!

John 7:7

The world cannot hate you, but it hates Me because I testify of it that its works are evil.

Does the planet hate or do evil or was he speaking of it's wicked people?

John 8:26

I have many things to say and to judge concerning you, but He who sent Me is true; and I speak to the world those things which I heard from Him.”

Okay, enough examples. If you still can't see this, I cannot help you.

PlainWord

Jun 11, 2013
Your idol Josephus is a nobody and does not speak for God or for Jesus and is merely a speculator such as your preterist selfs

I do not worship Josephus, nor is he my idol.

That's not true... towards the end of the coming tribulation Israel will be all but destroyed yet again because the Lord cannot step in and save them until they acknowledge Jesus is THE Messiah.

Preterism is not only heresy, but it kills braisn cells!

Good luck with that... yer gonna need it!
LOL. You really don't know the Bible very well do you???

Josephus was a historian, that's why I read him. Those who don't learn from history are destined to repeat it. Josephus isn't my idol. I worship only God. Okay, don't read Josephus, I don't care. Go ahead and think there will be a third temple to be made desolate and another great tribulation if you want. Go ahead and skip over the temple and tribulation that already happened to those Jesus was speaking to.

Israel will NOT be destroyed again. Israel was taken away captive for 1900 years then they were brought back. Ezekiel 39 makes it very clear that they will never be defeated again and they will return to Him.

Ahwatukee

Mar 12, 2015
but there are people dying in the 1000 year kingdom. how else is jesus gonna destroy the gog and magog??

train stops.
Yes you are correct, Death will be in operation right up until the great white throne judgment (Rev.20:14). What does people dying during the Millennial period have to do with anything?

For the church, as soon as the resurrection takes place, which is prior to the thousand years, they become immortal and glorified. From that point on death has no power over them.

When the Lord returns to the earth to end the age and the church with him, there will be the saints who will have made it alive through the time of God's wrath until Christ returns to the earth. These great tribulation saints along with Israel, will be those who will repopulate the earth during the millennial period. It is from this repopulation that Gog and Magog, which is a type representing the people who will rebel at the end of the thousand years.

It is important to understand that this group referred to as Gog and Magog are not the same group as the Gog and Magog of Ezekiel, as these are two different events. The Gog and Magog event of Ezk.38-39 will take place sometime prior to the Lord's return to the earth to end the age. The other event of Gog and Magog takes place at the end of the millennial period after Satan has been released from the Abyss.

To answer your question "how else is Jesus gonna destroy Gog and Magog?" God rains fire down upon them. Here is the order of events:

* You are here

* Church is gathered

* The ruler makes his covenant for seven years

* The wrath of God

* The Lord returns to the earth to end the age and the church returns with him

* The beast and the false prophet are thrown into the lake of fire alive.

* All those who worshiped the beast, his image and received his mark are kill by the double-edged sword

* Satan is thrown into the Abyss and restricted there during Christ's thousand year reign

* Satan is released at the end of the thousand years and gathers Gog and Magog

* Great white throne judgment of all the unrighteous dead

* New heaven, new earth, new Jerusalem

* Eternity .......................................................................................

Apr 23, 2017
Yes you are correct, Death will be in operation right up until the great white throne judgment (Rev.20:14). What does people dying during the Millennial period have to do with anything?
that flesh and blood cant inherit the kingdom of God and if someone dies in the kingdom then that someone was flesh and blood!!! but its ok i dont wanna get into a debate about it its just my view of it :)

Ahwatukee

Mar 12, 2015
that flesh and blood cant inherit the kingdom of God and if someone dies in the kingdom then that someone was flesh and blood!!! but its ok i dont wanna get into a debate about it its just my view of it :)
I don't think that you are understanding what happens at the resurrection. When Christ appears to gather his church, they are all changed into immortal and glorified bodies. Death no longer has any power over them. The people who will be here during the millennial period will be in their mortal bodies, but according to scripture the longevity of life will be increased as it was prior to the flood. These people will still be able to die. Those who will have previously received their immortal and glorified bodies cannot die.

The kingdom of God is referring to the heavenly realms, not the earth. Paul is talking about the fact that those who belong to the church cannot inherit the kingdom of God in their mortal bodies and so they will be raised and changed into immortal and glorified bodies which will be fit for the heavenly realms. Those on the earth during the millennium will still be in their mortal bodies, which can still die.

I hope that this makes more sense to you.

PlainWord

Jun 11, 2013
AH,

For the church, as soon as the resurrection takes place, which is prior to the thousand years, they become immortal and glorified. From that point on death has no power over them.
Just curious. How do you see the resurrected spiritual body different to those who have died in Christ and are in heaven now? What limitations do the souls in heaven have compared to after the resurrection? Just want your understanding on this, not trying to be argumentative.

PlainWord

Jun 11, 2013
You are really wise for a man of your age. Of course you are right. The Kingdom comes without observation because it is spiritual.

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
hi Ahwatukee!!!! i know it says all that but it also says of sinner getting a curse at 120 years old and animal sacrifices in the temple. so death is still there in the millennial kingdom, thats why i consider it spiritual. death cant be in the kingdom because its the last enemy to be conquered
look where the saints are in revelation they are in heaven with throne of God.
Don't confuse the Eternal Kingdom with HIS EARTHLY KINGDOM which is while Christ rules for 1000 years from the Throne of David. That is literally from Earthly Jerusalem.

Luke 1:32 (HCSB)
[SUP]32 [/SUP] He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High, and the Lord God will give Him the throne of His father David.

So apparently during HIS reign from David's Throne, many mortals turn against Him, which also seems to indicate that many who did not take part in the War to try to STOP HIS RETURN, the Battle of Armageddon, may have survived to enter the 1000 year reign of Christ in their mortal bodies. BUT after the 1000 year Kingdom, Satan our Adversary is loosed, and either at the same time or just after the FINAL BATTLE comes the resurrection of unbelievers. While it does not specify exactly when, I believe it is possible that unbelievers are raised at the End of the 1000 year Kingdom, as that would explain why at the FINAL BATTLE, Satan's forces number as the sands in the sea; then again it could be just an expression for such a large number they cannot be counted. During that prophesied time and War, GOD will destroy them with Fire from heaven and their flesh and blood will be consumed by that fire, THEREFORE, it is a different Battle than the one that causes blood to run out of the Valley of Megiddo (Jezreel), North of Jerusalem, as deep as the bridle of horses. Another indication that the Battle after the 1000 years is a different Battle, than the one AT HIS SECOND COMING, is it clearly says the one after His Reign from David's Throne, the Satanic Forces surround Jerusalem. Then comes Judgement Day, followed by the New Heaven (atmosphere) and New Earth, the beginning of the ETERNAL KINGDOM including the Eternal state of EVERYTHING.

Revelation 20:1-15 (YLT)
[SUP]1 [/SUP] And I saw a messenger coming down out of the heaven, having the key of the abyss, and a great chain over his hand,
[SUP]2 [/SUP] and he laid hold on the dragon, the old serpent, who is Devil and Adversary, and did bind him a thousand years,
[SUP]3 [/SUP] and he cast him to the abyss, and did shut him up, and put a seal upon him, that he may not lead astray the nations any more, till the thousand years may be finished; and after these it behoveth him to be loosed a little time.
[SUP]4 [/SUP] And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given to them, and the souls of those who have been beheaded because of the testimony of Jesus, and because of the word of God, and who did not bow before the beast, nor his image, and did not receive the mark upon their forehead and upon their hand, and they did live and reign with Christ the thousand years;
[SUP]5 [/SUP] and the rest of the dead did not live again till the thousand years may be finished; this is the first rising again.
[SUP]6 [/SUP] Happy and holy is he who is having part in the first rising again; over these the second death hath not authority, but they shall be priests of God and of the Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.
[SUP]7 [/SUP] And when the thousand years may be finished, the Adversary shall be loosed out of his prison,
[SUP]8 [/SUP] and he shall go forth to lead the nations astray, that are in the four corners of the earth--Gog and Magog--to gather them together to war, of whom the number is as the sand of the sea;
[SUP]9 [/SUP] and they did go up over the breadth of the land, and did surround the camp of the saints, and the beloved city, and there came down fire from God out of the heaven, and devoured them;
[SUP]10 [/SUP] and the Devil, who is leading them astray, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where are the beast and the false prophet, and they shall be tormented day and night--to the ages of the ages.
[SUP]11 [/SUP] And I saw a great white throne, and Him who is sitting upon it, from whose face the earth and the heaven did flee away, and place was not found for them;
[SUP]12 [/SUP] and I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God, and scrolls were opened, and another scroll was opened, which is that of the life, and the dead were judged out of the things written in the scrolls--according to their works;
[SUP]13 [/SUP] and the sea did give up those dead in it, and the death and the hades did give up the dead in them, and they were judged, each one according to their works;
[SUP]14 [/SUP] and the death and the hades were cast to the lake of the fire--this is the second death;
[SUP]15 [/SUP] and if any one was not found written in the scroll of the life, he was cast to the lake of the fire.

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
You are really wise for a man of your age. Of course you are right. The Kingdom comes without observation because it is spiritual.

So how come you have NO CONCEPT of a Physical Earthly Kingdom with Jesus Christ ruling from David's Throne for a thousand years? A thousand year Kingdom with HIM sitting on David's Throne, IS NOT THE HEAVENLY KINGDOM. Why with YOUR limited insight, do you NOT understand why Paul wrote:

2 Corinthians 12:2-4 (HCSB)
[SUP]2 [/SUP] I know a man in Christ who was caught up into the third heaven 14 years ago. Whether he was in the body or out of the body, I don’t know, God knows.
[SUP]3 [/SUP] I know that this man—whether in the body or out of the body I don’t know, God knows—
[SUP]4 [/SUP] was caught up into paradise. He heard inexpressible words, which a man is not allowed to speak.

When Paul was the very one who wrote this earlier:

1 Corinthians 15:50 (ESV)
[SUP]50 [/SUP] I tell you this, brothers: flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable.

That certainly implies PAUL meant something DIFFERENT than what you think it means.

Dec 3, 2016
Josephus was a historian, that's why I read him
Jesus Christ is Lord of ALL... that's why I read Him.

Enjoy thy idols.

PlainWord

Jun 11, 2013
So how come you have NO CONCEPT of a Physical Earthly Kingdom with Jesus Christ ruling from David's Throne for a thousand years? A thousand year Kingdom with HIM sitting on David's Throne, IS NOT THE HEAVENLY KINGDOM. Why with YOUR limited insight, do you NOT understand why Paul wrote:

2 Corinthians 12:2-4 (HCSB)
[SUP]2 [/SUP] I know a man in Christ who was caught up into the third heaven 14 years ago. Whether he was in the body or out of the body, I don’t know, God knows.
[SUP]3 [/SUP] I know that this man—whether in the body or out of the body I don’t know, God knows—
[SUP]4 [/SUP] was caught up into paradise. He heard inexpressible words, which a man is not allowed to speak.

When Paul was the very one who wrote this earlier:

1 Corinthians 15:50 (ESV)
[SUP]50 [/SUP] I tell you this, brothers: flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable.

That certainly implies PAUL meant something DIFFERENT than what you think it means.
In 2 Cor 12, Paul shares his near death experience like many others who have died, "traveled" to heaven only to be brought back to life. Normally heaven can only be seen in spirit, once a believer dies. Heaven is in an alternative dimension but is all around us. When Stephen was being stoned and about to die, he saw heaven open up and Christ standing next to God. For a moment, Stephen was present in both dimensions, our limited physical dimension and the unlimited spiritual dimension. Think of our world as 2D and heaven as 3D.

In 1 Cor 15, Paul is telling us quite clearly that our physical bodies, our flesh and blood, cannot be in the kingdom of God. These corrupt bodies do not have the ability to enter the spiritual dimension. This is why both Paul and John were in spirit when they were in heaven. Their physical bodies remained on earth.

The Bible provides many examples of spiritual beings coming into our physical dimension and interacting with us. The best example of course was Jesus after His resurrection. Following His resurrection, Jesus appeared to many and walked around for 40 days. He interacted with His disciples and appeared to them out of nowhere when they were in a locked room. He then disappeared. He can come and go without limitations, we cannot.

We have examples of angels appearing to many. In Gen 6 we even have demons sleeping with human women and impregnating them, a big no-no. Anyway, those who are in spirit have incredible abilities that we mortals do not have. They can see us while we usually cannot see them, except on very rare occasions.

As to your main question here:

So how come you have NO CONCEPT of a Physical Earthly Kingdom with Jesus Christ ruling from David's Throne for a thousand years? A thousand year Kingdom with HIM sitting on David's Throne, IS NOT THE HEAVENLY KINGDOM.
I have no concept of this future, earthly physical 1,000 year reign of Christ because it is not taught. Christ is not going to be taking on a fleshly body again and sitting on David's physical throne in David's physical palace in literal Jerusalem. Instead, Christ is already on David's throne (a spiritual throne) in a spiritual temple, one not made with hands.

This is where you (and so many others) are having your biggest problem. You cannot comprehend the spiritual realm and see things only in the physical. Correct me if I'm wrong. You actually think Christ is going to return and sit on a literal earthly throne in a literal earthly temple in literal earthly Jerusalem where mortals can literally go visit and see Him (assuming He lets them), right?

Last edited:

PlainWord

Jun 11, 2013
Jesus Christ is Lord of ALL... that's why I read Him.

Enjoy thy idols.
Glad you are reading Him, but sadly you are not understanding a fraction of what He taught. I'll ignore your insult about the idols because you simply do not have eyes to see or ears to hear. Maybe you will some day.

abcdef

Mar 30, 2016

As to your main question here:

I have no concept of this future, earthly physical 1,000 year reign of Christ because it is not taught. Christ is not going to be taking on a fleshly body again and sitting on David's physical throne in David's physical palace in literal Jerusalem. Instead, Christ is already on David's throne (a spiritual throne) in a spiritual temple, one not made with hands.

This is where you (and so many others) are having your biggest problem. You cannot comprehend the spiritual realm and see things only in the physical. Correct me if I'm wrong. You actually think Christ is going to return and sit on a literal earthly throne in a literal earthly temple in literal earthly Jerusalem where mortals can literally go visit and see Him (assuming He lets them), right?

Jesus resurrected, 144000, MNMC#, 24 elders, etc.,also

War in heaven

Pentecost, Jesus rules the kingdom on earth from heaven, Mill begins, Satan thrown down.

Matt 24, etc., after Israel rejects the kingdom. 4 seals/horsemen.

5th seal

70 ad., Jerusalem destroyed, times of the gentiles begin, 6/7 seal broken, 2 witnesses begin, woman in Rev 12 begins wilderness.

4 trumpets, ToGs continue.

5 trumpet, 1929 Rome restored as a nation, Dragon beast iron nation comes out of the abyss, Vatican/Caesar worship

1967, 2 witnesses returned to Jerusalem witnessing, woman in the wilderness returns to Jerusalem

6th trumpet, 9/11, begins the events leading to the drying of the Euphrates region, the people of Iraq, which lets Iran attack Israel.

7th trumpet, 2 witnesses killed, resurrection, mill ends, Jesus takes possession of the kingdom, planet destroyed.

Dec 3, 2016
Glad you are reading Him, but sadly you are not understanding a fraction of what He taught. I'll ignore your insult about the idols because you simply do not have eyes to see or ears to hear. Maybe you will some day.

Yeah, I get it... those that disagree with your erroneous opinions are blind.

In the end we'll see which is more accurate, God's Word your your Josephus idol... enjoy!

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
The "world" in this context was the unbelieving, Messiah-rejecting Jews. It was their world as they knew it, not the whole planet!!

Again, it was their "last hour" not ours. It was the end of their age, the Mosaic Age. . . .

Is Rod Sterling still out there in your TWILIGHT ZONE? You have swallowed the FALSE TEACHINGS of some False Teachers, HOOK, LINE, AND SINKER.

No point in even reading your posts anymore, because they lack total common sense, as well as sound Biblical teachings.

Ezekiel 32:7-8 (GW)
[SUP]7 [/SUP] “‘When I put out your light, I will cover the sky and darken the stars. I will cover the sun with clouds, and the moon won't shine anymore.
[SUP]8 [/SUP] I will darken all the lights shining in the sky above you. I will bring darkness over your land, declares the Almighty LORD.

Joel 2:29-31 (NCV)
[SUP]29 [/SUP] At that time I will pour out my Spirit also on male slaves and female slaves.
[SUP]30 [/SUP] I will show miracles in the sky and on the earth: blood, fire, and thick smoke.
[SUP]31 [/SUP] The sun will become dark, the moon red as blood,
before the overwhelming and terrible day of the LORD comes

Matthew 24:29-30 (HCSB)
[SUP]29 [/SUP] “Immediately after the tribulation of those days: The sun will be darkened, and the moon will not shed its light; the stars will fall from the sky, and the celestial powers will be shaken.
[SUP]30 [/SUP] “Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and then all the peoples of the earth will mourn; and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

Acts 2:17-21 (GW)
[SUP]17 [/SUP] ‘In the last days, God says, I will pour my Spirit on everyone. Your sons and daughters will speak what God has revealed. Your young men will see visions. Your old men will dream dreams.
[SUP]18 [/SUP] In those days I will pour my Spirit on my servants, on both men and women. They will speak what God has revealed.
[SUP]19 [/SUP] I will work miracles in the sky and give signs on the earth: blood, fire, and clouds of smoke.
[SUP]20 [/SUP] The sun will become dark, and the moon will become as red as blood before the terrifying day of the Lord comes.
[SUP]21 [/SUP] Then whoever calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.'

Revelation 9:1-4 (NCV)
[SUP]1 [/SUP]
Then the fifth angel blew his trumpet, and I saw a star fall from the sky to the earth. The star was given the key to the deep hole that leads to the bottomless pit.
[SUP]2 [/SUP] Then it opened up the hole that leads to the bottomless pit, and smoke came up from the hole like smoke from a big furnace. Then the sun and sky became dark because of the smoke from the hole.
[SUP]3 [/SUP] Then locusts came down to the earth out of the smoke, and they were given the power to sting like scorpions.
[SUP]4 [/SUP] They were told not to harm the grass on the earth or any plant or tree. They could harm only the people who did not have the sign of God on their foreheads.

There is the Last Hour, . . . . . . . dream on, the teachings you swallowed must have come straight from the Twilight Zone.

PlainWord

Jun 11, 2013
Jesus resurrected, 144000, MNMC#, 24 elders, etc.,also

War in heaven

Pentecost, Jesus rules the kingdom on earth from heaven, Mill begins, Satan thrown down.

Matt 24, etc., after Israel rejects the kingdom. 4 seals/horsemen.

5th seal

70 ad., Jerusalem destroyed, times of the gentiles begin, 6/7 seal broken, 2 witnesses begin, woman in Rev 12 begins wilderness.

4 trumpets, ToGs continue.

5 trumpet, 1929 Rome restored as a nation, Dragon beast iron nation comes out of the abyss, Vatican/Caesar worship

1967, 2 witnesses returned to Jerusalem witnessing, woman in the wilderness returns to Jerusalem

6th trumpet, 9/11, begins the events leading to the drying of the Euphrates region, the people of Iraq, which lets Iran attack Israel.

7th trumpet, 2 witnesses killed, resurrection, mill ends, Jesus takes possession of the kingdom, planet destroyed.
a-f,

I respect you greatly as you've shown your wisdom. I agree with some of your thoughts on these things, but have different views on others. Will share my thoughts ASAP.

PlainWord

Jun 11, 2013

Yeah, I get it... those that disagree with your erroneous opinions are blind.

In the end we'll see which is more accurate, God's Word your your Josephus idol... enjoy!
Well, that's what you've been telling me. Because I don't agree with your views, I'm an idol worshiper and susceptible to Satanic deception. Go in peace...

Jun 1, 2016
I just started to study the rapture and the tribulation few days ago. I came across what every Christian is debating about. I alone believe in the mid tribulation rapture. I just want to get your view on this if you are pre-trib, mid-trib or post-trib rapture believer. THANKS AND GOD BLESS

Jesus says this concerning the gathering of His people at His coming in the end....

Matthew 24:29-31 "Immediately AFTER THE TRIBULATION of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:30And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 31And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the FOUR WINDS, from one end of heaven to the other."

i highlighted four winds there, try looking into that phrase the four winds, and the four corners of the earth pertaining to that subject. Jesus is the One to look to concerning all things.

PlainWord

Jun 11, 2013
VCO,

Is Rod Sterling still out there in your TWILIGHT ZONE? You have swallowed the FALSE TEACHINGS of some False Teachers, HOOK, LINE, AND SINKER.
Pot calling the kettle? All of the passages you cite prove my position and disprove yours. You think each of those passages are discussing the same, end of world event, don't you????? You are wrong. Read on, maybe you'll learn something.

Ezekiel 32:7-8 (GW)
[SUP]7 [/SUP] “‘When I put out your light, I will cover the sky and darken the stars. I will cover the sun with clouds, and the moon won't shine anymore.
[SUP]8 [/SUP] I will darken all the lights shining in the sky above you. I will bring darkness over your land, declares the Almighty LORD.

Did you read verse 2 or did you just skip ahead?

[SUP]2 [/SUP]“Son of man, take up a lamentation for Pharaoh king of Egypt, and say to him

This passage dealt with the destruction of Egypt. Now read verse 11:

[SUP]11 [/SUP]‘For thus says the Lord God: “The sword of the king of Babylon shall come upon you.

This was Babylon destroying Egypt. Read some commentaries on this.

Joel 2:29-31 (NCV)
[SUP]29 [/SUP] At that time I will pour out my Spirit also on male slaves and female slaves.
[SUP]30 [/SUP] I will show miracles in the sky and on the earth: blood, fire, and thick smoke.
[SUP]31 [/SUP] The sun will become dark, the moon red as blood,
before the overwhelming and terrible day of the LORD comes
The spirit mentioned here was poured out at Pentecost just as Peter declared. They were in the last days and Peter knew it and cited Joel 2. These "cosmic signs" often precede divine judgment and we know what happened to Jerusalem.

Matthew 24:29-30 (HCSB)
[SUP]29 [/SUP] “Immediately after the tribulation of those days: The sun will be darkened, and the moon will not shed its light; the stars will fall from the sky, and the celestial powers will be shaken.
[SUP]30 [/SUP] “Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and then all the peoples of the earth will mourn; and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
These signs preceded the "presence" return of Christ in 70 AD as He executed judgment on the wicked of Jerusalem and spared His faithful. He used the Roman armies to carrying out His judgment just as God did to Israel 600 years earlier when He used Babylon to desolate Israel the first time. This fact is confirmed in Luke 19 and 21. Daniel 9 also confirms this and John the Baptist also warned of this coming wrath upon his people in Mat 3.

Acts 2:17-21 (GW)
[SUP]17 [/SUP] ‘In the last days, God says, I will pour my Spirit on everyone. Your sons and daughters will speak what God has revealed. Your young men will see visions. Your old men will dream dreams.
[SUP]18 [/SUP] In those days I will pour my Spirit on my servants, on both men and women. They will speak what God has revealed.
[SUP]19 [/SUP] I will work miracles in the sky and give signs on the earth: blood, fire, and clouds of smoke.
[SUP]20 [/SUP] The sun will become dark, and the moon will become as red as blood before the terrifying day of the Lord comes.
[SUP]21 [/SUP] Then whoever calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.'
Exactly. That's why Peter cited Joel. They were witnessing Joel's prophesy being fulfilled right then and there. They were in the last days of an age, the Mosaic age, and the last days of their nation, which would soon be desolated and they would cease to be a nation, judged to wander the nations scattered and homeless for 1900 years.

Last edited: