The Reason You are Told that God No Longer Speaks.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
I grimace every time I think of how Jesus-in-disguise might be treated if He walked into the average adult Sunday school class.
Well lets see.. heretic comes to mind, blasphemer, liar, trickster oh and antichrist just to name a few.

notuptome

May 17, 2013
I grimace every time I think of how Jesus-in-disguise might be treated if He walked into the average adult Sunday school class.
I'm guessing the scene would be far worse than when Jesus came into the temple and overthrew the moneychangers tables and drove out those who sold at greatly inflated prices the sacrificial animals.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

Feb 28, 2016
If you will not hear what God has said why would He keep talking?

If you listen to what God has already said you will have your hands full enough that you will not fret about more.

Israel found out when they asked for the law and God gave them only ten that they could not keep them.

For the cause of Christ
Roger
====================
those who truly hear God don't 'fret' per-say, but they do forever 'grieve' for their brothers & sisters in distress...

Blade

Nov 19, 2019
"If you will not hear what God has said why would He keep talking? " Lol

Well reminds me of NF oh lord song. Part of it "We turn our backs on Him; what do you expect Him to do? It's hard to answer prayers when nobody's prayin' to you".

So yeah.. He won't go against mans will. So many are walking by FAITH and don't even know it. It works both ways. SO many of your thoughts are HIM talking to you. Don't you ever stop and think about all the thoughts you have? How many times did that thought come out of NO WHERE..you were not even thinking about that... lol yeah and the enemy does the same thing. God just never gets the gloryu

Apr 5, 2020
But he speaks only through scripture. Paul says it thoroughly furnishes us. People imagine God is speaking to them and end up in all kinds of difficulties. Even when tongues and prophecy were in the church before the scriptures were complete, Paul said they only gave partial knowledge. So it's important to take the sword of the Spirit that is the Word of God.

Scripture confirms what God speaks to us. So, it is a must to be reading the Word Daily. The Holy Spirit speaks to our SOUL, which communicates to our Consciousness that speaks to the rest of the Mind and to the Heart.

Ever see someone asking for money and you try to ignore them?

Then you get this guilty feeling and once you choose to finally give you even get a number what to give?
^
That is God speaking through the Holy Spirit to our Souls that tells our Consciousness it is wrong to not give and to ignore this person. I've experienced after feeling guilt, the change of heart and mind to give. And ironically, when I opened my wallet, a number flashed through my mind as to what I should give.

Now, none of that was of my own good nature. It was all God who spoke to my Consciousness and then even revealed the amount to give.

^
That is just 1 way God still speaks to us today.
There are many other ways via in a Spiritual sense and realm we could discuss.

But yes, God very much speaks to us this very day!

Apr 5, 2020
I knew a person, no longer among the living, is with God this very moment, who would go up to people and say, I was praying/or just thinking/meditating and your name came to me. I began praying and God revealed this need you are seeking. I am telling you that God is about to provide that need.

About a couple days later, (I know from listening to Testimonies) the need was supplied miraculously.

God was using this person to speak to others. Of course, the person I am discussing always claimed they knew nothing of the situation and I believe him. But it was fascinating to see God speak that way from this one person to so many others.

KelbyofGod

Oct 8, 2017
Rubbish.

We have the completed bible so the things that were in the OT prophecies about Christ are now made clear. We see in our NT how God sees us. We see why the law and how our righteousness is insufficient to merit acceptance of God.

Examine yourself in view of what Christ has said in the bible. See your need of redemption by grace. Rest assured in the confidence that God will fulfill all His promises to you.

Foolishness is bound in the heart of those who hate wisdom.

For the cause of Christ
Roger
For a few days I've been thinking how to answer you in a way that would be clear enough to address error but not harsh to where you'd throw it out for feeling you were being attacked in hatred. I don't think I've found that balance.

When the council was gathered to try Jesus (as in to put him on trial) in Matthew 26, they made all sorts of accusations along with asking him questions. In none of those was he found faulty. Yet they neither believed, nor relented on their accusations. Ultimately they asked each other "What think ye?". It seems they all answered with the thought they had before the trial even began. "He's guilty!"

A similarly bogus trial seems to be what has been going on here. When a point is made generally, you want to examine the specifics (of what I'd said, but not what you'd said). And when the specifics are given but don't work in your favor, you go back to generalizations. For example the accusation of "Rubbish" with some generalized statements that don't actually show proof of error of any detail.

And lastly you quoted another verse whose meaning seems unrelated, except if being used as a vague suggestion that someone hates wisdom, which again simply comes across as passive-aggressive. Although, if you are simply projecting a truth about yourself that would explain a lot of your communication style.

I will continue to uphold you in prayer, but might not ask you into further conversations.

And, of course there is a bible now. Man doesn't like to go to God for direction. It's easier to have a committee of men telling the sheep what is and isn't from God. And no where in the bible does God appoint a committee to do that. That committee was a construct of MAN. Can you show me anywhere God said we needed such a committee, or that he appointed even a single member of it?

He that hath an ear, let him hear. (In other words, these truths are available to more than just Roger)

Love in Jesus,
Kelby

KelbyofGod

Oct 8, 2017
On the flip side, I also just got a chance to read the posts since page 13. And it seems less aggressive than what I just posted.

There's a verse about meekness that I'm still working on.

Love in Jesus,
Kelby

I experienced this problem also when I first knew Christ. What I ve done is to ell my church pastor and he assigned a mentor to guide me. This mentor would meet me after church and whatever questions that may have wrot them down on a list and go through with my mentor 1 by 1.

Jan 17, 2020
Scripture confirms what God speaks to us. So, it is a must to be reading the Word Daily. The Holy Spirit speaks to our SOUL, which communicates to our Consciousness that speaks to the rest of the Mind and to the Heart.

Ever see someone asking for money and you try to ignore them?

Then you get this guilty feeling and once you choose to finally give you even get a number what to give?
^
That is God speaking through the Holy Spirit to our Souls that tells our Consciousness it is wrong to not give and to ignore this person. I've experienced after feeling guilt, the change of heart and mind to give. And ironically, when I opened my wallet, a number flashed through my mind as to what I should give.

Now, none of that was of my own good nature. It was all God who spoke to my Consciousness and then even revealed the amount to give.

^
That is just 1 way God still speaks to us today.
There are many other ways via in a Spiritual sense and realm we could discuss.

But yes, God very much speaks to us this very day!
His word is Spirit and life. It is the word that reveals and the Holy Spirit that convicts. But never one without the other.

Mar 28, 2016
But he speaks only through scripture. Paul says it thoroughly furnishes us. People imagine God is speaking to them and end up in all kinds of difficulties. Even when tongues and prophecy were in the church before the scriptures were complete, Paul said they only gave partial knowledge. So it's important to take the sword of the Spirit that is the Word of God.
We have tongues, living prophecies the gospel in many languages.

I think that is what was being said by the person that started this discussion . . We do not need a man to teach us. That opens the door of antichrists (those who say a man must teach us). Scriptures' informs us as it the faith of Christ works in our earthen bodies as the treasure of His authority as it teaches us we abide in Him just as the Son of man , Jesus who came to do the will of the father. We all have our daily bread.

The Spirit of Christ defines the us in us. . . . separated from those who went out from us and stayed out using parables hiding the gospel from those without. To in the end of the matter , teach us how to walk by faith. Enabling the "us" to be sent out (apostles the beautiful feet ) with a power not of their own self. .

Jan 17, 2020
We have tongues, living prophecies the gospel in many languages.

I think that is what was being said by the person that started this discussion . . We do not need a man to teach us. That opens the door of antichrists (those who say a man must teach us). Scriptures' informs us as it the faith of Christ works in our earthen bodies as the treasure of His authority as it teaches us we abide in Him just as the Son of man , Jesus who came to do the will of the father. We all have our daily bread.

The Spirit of Christ defines the us in us. . . . separated from those who went out from us and stayed out using parables hiding the gospel from those without. To in the end of the matter , teach us how to walk by faith. Enabling the "us" to be sent out (apostles the beautiful feet ) with a power not of their own self. .
Tongues were the sign a person was an apostle. And given only to those they laid hands on, apart from the two outpourings.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
To all who say we don't hear his voice this is something that happened to me this morning and every word is true but mind you it is a long one however I know it is something that was meant not just for me but for all to see read and know

It started with I was lead to watch a prophet on youtube several days ago and I am not one who is prone to do this due to the damage they did to me as a young believer but I begrudgingly listened and obeyed the leading and that event made a spark in me something happened in my soul and my spirit the only word that describes it is an awakening.
And from then on until today even this morning he has been leading and guiding me in ways I never experienced at least not for a very long time but even then not like this. The song of heaven keeps ringing, the wedding stirs my heart and soul my every thought screams it is coming it is coming the image of Jesus with open arms, the serene bliss of just releasing that final breath of life but in such a relief way.
A final sigh and suddenly falling out of this existance and instantly being caught by a sea of angelic wings so soft and warm so full of his love and his voice says my rest.
The wind stirs all around me even in my daily life the spirit surrounds and envelopes it flows and pours it sings like a army of angelic voices the kingdom of God itself shakes from it and trembles but not in weakness or terror but the power and yet soothing gentleness of his voice

The last breath of life is given and and released but the rest and word finally is what my soul sings, just cuddling in his angelic wings of love just embracing him resting in him.

This is what I saw and felt this morning because I was so tired and weary far beyond what I have ever been, I could not sleep at all because I had bed bugs and we sprayed the room but my skin is agitated by it and we didn't wash my blanket and sheets so I got up knowing it was no use but was so exhausted and tired and took a shower but felt like I would faint from exhaustion and my physical exhaustion brought out my inner exhaustion.

I broke and shattered I fell harder than ever in my entire walk in faith my tears were more than an ocean and I cried out from the very depths of my soul with such agony and exhaustion such a longing for him and to have rest at long last, it was like a horrible shriek that a mother screams to the sky holding her dead baby in her arms, like a sound not human but only because of the depth of where it came.

and I begged him to please take my breath of life in my sea of tears I told him I don't want to play this game any more I don't want to be tired anymore I told him over and over in my exhausted breath I am so tired father and the pain inside just made the tears pour even more I wanted him so badly I wanted to know what his rest is I wanted to scream and cry to existance itself how deeply and how much I love him and want him how badly I need him how hard and how unfair it is to long and love him so deeply and so beyoned the galaxies yet he is always so very far away from my arms

I was so close to passing out in the shower from exhaustion my vision was blurry and I saw stars and before I did this is the imagery I saw and felt

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Now just so you all know I am not posting this for any other reason than the knowing that this is an experience not meant just for me, you all know my methods of debates you all know me well enough as to where I stand on proclaiming anything and believe me normally I would never in my wildest dreams share something like this so openly but regardless of any attacks or debates that may follow I knew this was something that needed to be shared and for those for who it is meant for would know it's reason and meaning.
I am not in any way prophecying or saying anything only doing what I was told to do

KelbyofGod

Oct 8, 2017
I experienced this problem also when I first knew Christ. What I ve done is to ell my church pastor and he assigned a mentor to guide me. This mentor would meet me after church and whatever questions that may have wrot them down on a list and go through with my mentor 1 by 1.
Hi Chanchuinchoy,
Thank you for your comment.

When we first learn that there is a God and that he cares what we do, it kind of scares us because we begin to realize we were at risk because of our ignorance. But if the person told us much good at all, they would have also told us that God loves us. <--That is very important in what I am saying.

God loves you enough to send someone to tell you about him (because faith comes by hearing, and God sends witnesses to each of us).

However, Satan knows it will be confusing if he also sends witnesses, false witnesses, to say something close to the truth but with just enough error to keep people from actually reaching God. Satan is happy for people to find religion but not God. That's partly why there are so many religions...each thinking that they are correct. This creates a great problem because Satan is a master deceiver and man is not wise enough to be able to avoid his errors...on our own. But that's where the love of God comes in.

God tells us to pray, seek his face, pour out our heart unto him. He does this because He will listen and answer us if we come honestly, humbly and admitting our faults. THIS is why I tell you (and all) to seek God until he answers. Because He WILL answer sincere prayer, as is shown throughout the Gospels and Acts, as well as the rest of the bible.... even if the people asking are told they have no right to ask. (Such as the woman who touched the hem of Jesus garment; the woman who replied "Yes lord, yet the dogs eat of the crumbs that fall from the children's table"when Jesus suggested she held the office of a dog; the blind man that cried out when those around him told him to shut up; and Cornelius who was not even a Jew yet sought God as if God is a God who loves all...and all were answered)

God will answer those who seek him diligently (Hebrews 11:6), which is what I'm saying in this thread.
Yet many will not seek God until he answers. Some will only find religion and STOP trying to actually find God. Those are often the ones who have found a leader...a blind leader... and are afraid to ask God lest they discover that they still need God. (even though God would help them and guide them) And those are they that speak against the message that God still speaks.

You have found a leader. And he has appointed someone to help you (as I suggested he would do). But here is the important question if YOU don't want to be led by the blind. Is that person teaching you how to seek God until God speaks to you and guides you by the Holy Ghost?...Or is that person telling you how you should "see" the scriptures they way your leader has taught him/her to "see" the scriptures?

Please seek God until he speaks to you and teaches you how to recognize the truth vs. error... because God loves you enough to talk to you himself. And if your pastor is teaching truth, God will show that as well. And when your pastor makes a mistake, because we ALL make mistakes, God will already have you prepared to spot it and can show you what to do about it.

I will be praying for you as well. It is exciting to hear God speak, although it may seem scary at first because we are learning something new. But it is worth it.

Love in Jesus,
Kelby

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
Now just so you all know I am not posting this for any other reason than the knowing that this is an experience not meant just for me, you all know my methods of debates you all know me well enough as to where I stand on proclaiming anything and believe me normally I would never in my wildest dreams share something like this so openly but regardless of any attacks or debates that may follow I knew this was something that needed to be shared and for those for who it is meant for would know it's reason and meaning.
I am not in any way prophecying or saying anything only doing what I was told to do
So what do you take from such experience?

KelbyofGod

Oct 8, 2017
This morning I was praying (not feeling strong at the beginning) and want to thank God for strengthening me.

While he was strengthening me he also showed me how to prove the fallacy of the doctrine that suggests that the bible is the perfect thing which was missing (according to 1 Cor. 13:10) which would eliminate the need for the spiritual gifts. And it is provable by the very doctrine itself. <--God is good like that. :)

Thank you Jesus.!

notuptome

May 17, 2013
This morning I was praying (not feeling strong at the beginning) and want to thank God for strengthening me.

While he was strengthening me he also showed me how to prove the fallacy of the doctrine that suggests that the bible is the perfect thing which was missing (according to 1 Cor. 13:10) which would eliminate the need for the spiritual gifts. And it is provable by the very doctrine itself. <--God is good like that. :)

Thank you Jesus.!
God certainly has allowed three gifts to cease. Fortunately the rest continue.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
So what do you take from such experience?
Well as you know lately he has been moving in my life more than usual I cannot take anything from it because anything like this requires interpretation I don’t really have that gift but I do know his church is weary and more and more seem to be looking up