The Resurrection and Funerals

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
Revelation says otherwise, speaking of the Millennium 6 times.
The difference between "forever" and 1,000 in Hebrew is a jot or a tittle...can't remember which is which but basically it's a dot.

And that usually means ambiguity in determining exactly what was said in a lot of ways.

Meaning I wouldn't hang my hat on either meaning.

ewq1938

Oct 18, 2018
The difference between "forever" and 1,000 in Hebrew is a jot or a tittle...can't remember which is which but basically it's a dot.
Can you show this other word and how closely it is supposedly written to chilioi?

I know the word used is a Greek word that can only mean a thousand of something. I also know when 2000 is needed, the Greek word for two is added to the word:

chilioi G5507 means a thousand of something.
dischilioi G1367 means two thousand of something.

"Dis" means two or twice and chilioi (G5507) means a thousand so this word means two thousand. Naturally then if there was one chilioi (G5507) it would be exactly a thousand just as it is in every occurrence of the word in the NT.

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
Can you show this other word and how closely it is supposedly written to chilioi?

I know the word used is a Greek word that can only mean a thousand of something. I also know when 2000 is needed, the Greek word for two is added to the word:

chilioi G5507 means a thousand of something.
dischilioi G1367 means two thousand of something.

"Dis" means two or twice and chilioi (G5507) means a thousand so this word means two thousand. Naturally then if there was one chilioi (G5507) it would be exactly a thousand just as it is in every occurrence of the word in the NT.
It's one of the number versus letter games that Jewish children learned in school.
Like when resurrected Jesus meets Peter fishing and they pulled in fish and counted them...that number has a particular meaning in Hebrew of Bene Elohim...

Same thing with the thing with 1,000... Which is usually just a bunch of Alephs but also can be olam or something else that I'm drawing a blank on. (Been a while since I did the study)

ewq1938

Oct 18, 2018
Either way, the word used in Revelation 20 is a word that means exactly a thousand of something.

It's one of the number versus letter games that Jewish children learned in school.
Like when resurrected Jesus meets Peter fishing and they pulled in fish and counted them...that number has a particular meaning in Hebrew of Bene Elohim...

Same thing with the thing with 1,000... Which is usually just a bunch of Alephs but also can be olam or something else that I'm drawing a blank on. (Been a while since I did the study)

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
Either way, the word used in Revelation 20 is a word that means exactly a thousand of something.
That's a really small ledge over a deep ravine to be standing on...one puff of wind and off you fall.

Just saying I'd rather try walking on water successfully first before standing on that ledge of a highly metaphoric writer.

ewq1938

Oct 18, 2018
That's a really small ledge over a deep ravine to be standing on...one puff of wind and off you fall.
No such example has been provided. The word in Revelation is spelled correctly and it is the word chilioi G5507 which means a thousand of something.

presidente

May 29, 2013
Do you believe that God is omniscience? God is never surprised and knows everything from beginning to end. How can God know the future with exact precision and be limited by time?
Who says the future is all determined down to every detail? We know some things are foreordained.

Where these sacrifices to Baal preplanned or preordained from eternity?
Jeremiah 19:5.

But the issue you raise is not what I am talking about. Knowing the future and saying that the Bible teaches that God lives 'outside time' or that there is such a thing as 'outside time' are not the same thing. If you say God knows the future-- that implies the existence of time.

Actually God occupies all of time all of the time. Past, present and future God is there all the time. There is no way to explain this characteristic of God except in terms to which man can relate. Without time man cannot comprehend eternity past or eternity future. God is without beginning and without end.
If man cannot relate to the concept of 'outside time', why are people posting about it?

presidente

May 29, 2013
The whole concept of God being in time as well as outside of time and worship needing to be many generations long to even start to be appropriate.
That is not what I am talking about. If by 'timeless' you mean infinitely forward and back on a time line, that is not the same thing as saying 'outside of time'.

notuptome

May 17, 2013
Who says the future is all determined down to every detail? We know some things are foreordained.

Where these sacrifices to Baal preplanned or preordained from eternity?
Jeremiah 19:5.

But the issue you raise is not what I am talking about. Knowing the future and saying that the Bible teaches that God lives 'outside time' or that there is such a thing as 'outside time' are not the same thing. If you say God knows the future-- that implies the existence of time.
God is God and God does not change with the passage of time as we know the concept of time. In the new earth there will be no night so there will be no passage of time?

Foreknowledge and preordination are two different things.
If man cannot relate to the concept of 'outside time', why are people posting about it?
People post about a lot of things.

For the cause of Christ
Roger