THE RESURRECTION

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

memyselfi

Jan 12, 2017
I went thru tow biopsies today, in my left breast, to roll out cancer. It's been three long, grueling days. First day, mammogram, second day, ultrasound, third day, biopsies. Now I have to wait the weekend for results. Laying on the table the song that goes.... Thought oh Lord are a shield about me, You are the Glory and the Lifter of my Head.... keep running thru my head... in fact it still is. What take me by surprise NEVER takes Him! He knew this (these) days would come while I was in my mother's womb. All my days He already knows!

Paul said if it was not for the resurrection we should be men most pitied. Thank G-d for HIs blood/ Messiah. But THANK G-D FOR HIS/MESSIAH RESRECTION!!!! IF IT WERE NOT FOR THE RESURRECTION NONE OF THE BIBLE WOULD BE TRUE. Who would care about the cross or my Psalm song in my head!!!

This is really open but I would like to give thought to the resurrection; you just don't hear Christians really talk enough about it.... Not sure how many think about it....

Dec 12, 2013
I love the words that describe the resurrected body in 1st Corinthians 15 and the contradiction between it and the body of flesh....

The resurrected Celestial body is...

Raised in power, strength, glorious and miraculous with dignity and honor
Spiritual, Celestial, Astral, Ethereal <--spiritual is from Pnumatikos and is described by the words underlined
Incorruptable
Supernatural

There is a celestial body and a terrestrial body.....

Celestial is from Epouranos and means above the SKY, heavenly
Terrestrial is from Epigeois and means worldly, physical, earthly or earthy

Note the differences.....

As opposed to the CELESTIAL ABOVE the TERRESTRIAL is....

Sown in incorruption
dishonor
weak
natural
subject to death

Sorry about the tests and possible cancer....may the Lord cause his face to shine down upon you and strengthen you and comfort you in this time and trial

memyselfi

Jan 12, 2017
There is so much in this chapter; against better judgement I am going to post it, all of 15 should be read really.....

1 Corinthians 15:12-19 New International Version (NIV) The Resurrection of the Dead. 12 But if it is preached that Christ has been raised from the dead, how can some of you say that there is no resurrection of the dead? 13 If there is no resurrection of the dead, then not even Christ has been raised. 14 And if Christ has not been raised, our preaching is useless and so is your faith. 15

Thank you for your kind words, but I am not that worried.... But this made me think of His Power and Might.... How great is that!?!

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
This is really open but I would like to give thought to the resurrection; you just don't hear Christians really talk enough about it...
The resurrection of Christ is an integral part of the true Gospel. The Resurrection/Rapture of the saints is also a fundamental Bible doctrine.

Salvation -- according to Scripture -- is not simply deliverance from Hell. It includes the perfection and glorification of the saints, and that requires resurrection ( or transformation of the living saints).

So if you are a child of God, you are guaranteed an immortal, incorruptible, glorious, glorified "spiritual body", which transcends human limitations. Read and study 1 Corinthians 15.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Here are some Scriptures to ponder:

1 Peter 1:3 - Blessed [be] the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

Romans 10:9 - That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

John 11:25 - Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

Romans 8:11 - But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

Romans 6:4 - Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

Acts 17:31 - Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by [that] man whom he hath ordained; [whereof] he hath given assurance unto all [men], in that he hath raised him from the dead.

Romans 8:34 - Who [is] he that condemneth? [It is] Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

1 Corinthians 15:20 - But now is Christ risen from the dead, [and] become the firstfruits of them that slept.

Romans 14:9 - For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and living.

You are right in saying without the resurrection of Christ........there would be NO salvation possible for mankind! The one Scripture that is not included in the above is one I particularly like and look to when I think of price Christ paid for all of us.

John 10:14) I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine. 15) As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep. 16) And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd. 17) Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again. 18) No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.

That part is US!

EmilyFoster

Jul 10, 2018
It’s good of you to share with us about your situation, friend. Be assured of my prayers for your healing, strength and restoration.

Many people, including Christians, view the Resurrection only as a great historical event. They pause each Easter to reverently remember the death and resurrection of Christ. But, resurrection is also a force, a power that belongs only to God. The death and resurrection of Jesus was much more than just something that happened one time. It was an historic demonstration of God’s attitude and power. The resurrection of Jesus means that
  • our sins are forgiven.
  • He conquered the power of death.
  • our lives now have an eternal perspective.
1 Peter 1:3 "Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead."

For a more in-depth look at the Resurrection, read these Bible passages: Matthew 28, Luke 24, John 11:21-27, 1 Corinthians 15.