The Saving results of the Death of Christ !

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
The sin of unbelief. God will not force you to receive his gift, if you die having rejected his gift. then you will have died in the state of committing the unpardonable sin
Unbeiief is not the unpardonable sin, that is ridiculous. If it was none could be saved because all enter this world by nature as enemies and unbelievers. Paul was saved inspite of his unbelief and Blasphemy 1 Tim 1:13-15

13 who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief. 14 And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus. 15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

Christ came into the world to save sinful unbelievers.

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
if you do not believe that I AM, you will die in your sins.
(John 8:24)
what is there to argue?? clearly unbelief = ya still got sin & no remedy for them
i am waffling between reading all 23 pages of this thread or maybe it isn't worth reading. :p
That is because Christ didn't die for them that remain in unbeiief permanently. They were not of His Sheep Jn 10:26. So it's not unbeiief that is unforgiven but it and the rest of their sins are unforgiven since Christ didn't die for their sins.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
That is because Christ didn't die for them that remain in unbeiief permanently. They were not of His Sheep Jn 10:26. So it's not unbeiief that is unforgiven but it and the rest of their sins are unforgiven since Christ didn't die for their sins.
i used to think so too until some brother or sister - i can't recall who - finally made me read 1 John 2:2

i think the key ((for my own understanding to open, anyhow)) is that He died for the sins of the whole world, but He only bore the sins of 'many' ((see Hebrews 9:28, Isaiah 53:11 for example)). those whose trust is in Him, He bears their sins. those who do not believe, even though propitiation has been made, they die in their sins.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
John 10 is referring to lost SHEEP of the house of Israel . Only Israel is referred to as lost . Israel is God's first born son . Replacement theology is bad.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
You said yes, so everyone Christ died for has been saved from the penalty of sin. He redeemed them from the curse of the law by being made a curse for them . Now that proves the limited extent of Christ death since all are not saved from the penalty of sin.
Unless a person receives Jesus they will not be glorified. The Atonement is not limited, glorification is .

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
i used to think so too until some brother or sister - i can't recall who - finally made me read 1 John 2:2

i think the key ((for my own understanding to open, anyhow)) is that He died for the sins of the whole world, but He only bore the sins of 'many' ((see Hebrews 9:28, Isaiah 53:11 for example)). those whose trust is in Him, He bears their sins. those who do not believe, even though propitiation has been made, they die in their sins.
I've read those verses many times, don't change my conviction .

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
John 10 is referring to lost SHEEP of the house of Israel . Only Israel is referred to as lost . Israel is God's first born son . Replacement theology is bad.
False and you making excuses for not accepting the truth .

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
Unless a person receives Jesus they will not be glorified. The Atonement is not limited, glorification is .
Rabbit trail. A person that Christ died for has been redeemed from the curse of the law and penalty of sin. So they will believe in their lifetime, because they have been redeemed Isa 51:11

Therefore the redeemed of the Lord shall return, and come with singing unto Zion; and everlasting joy shall be upon their head: they shall obtain gladness and joy; and sorrow and mourning shall flee away.

E

eternally-gratefull

So all sins haven't been taken away. Unbelievers retain their sin.

Which is what I have been showing all along.
Not sure how you got that from what I have said, I said no such thing

the sin of unbelief is what condemned them. Not personal sins, those were paid for on the cross

E

eternally-gratefull

You said yes, so everyone Christ died for has been saved from the penalty of sin. He redeemed them from the curse of the law by being made a curse for them . Now that proves the limited extent of Christ death since all are not saved from the penalty of sin.
your adding words to what I said,

shame on you, if you can not be honest, how do expect people to take you seriously?

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
Rabbit trail. A person that Christ died for has been redeemed from the curse of the law and penalty of sin. So they will believe in their lifetime, because they have been redeemed Isa 51:11

Therefore the redeemed of the Lord shall return, and come with singing unto Zion; and everlasting joy shall be upon their head: they shall obtain gladness and joy; and sorrow and mourning shall flee away.
Another verse taken out of context . Redeemed FROM the curse of the law . Today no one is UNDER the law . Jesus FULFILLED the law .
Jesus has reconciled the WORLD .
2cor 5.
19To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

E

eternally-gratefull

Unbeiief is not the unpardonable sin, that is ridiculous. If it was none could be saved because all enter this world by nature as enemies and unbelievers. Paul was saved inspite of his unbelief and Blasphemy 1 Tim 1:13-15

13 who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief. 14 And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus. 15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

Christ came into the world to save sinful unbelievers.
Dude you have a major pride issue have you been here before?

the pharisees committed the unpardonable sin by attributing the work of the HS to satan.

yet Jesus said they were in danger of

we are only condemned in that sin if we remain it it, if we repent amd come to faith that sin is removed.

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
Another verse taken out of context . Redeemed FROM the curse of the law . Today no one is UNDER the law . Jesus FULFILLED the law .
Jesus has reconciled the WORLD .
2cor 5.
19To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.
Nothing taken out of the context of scripture truth. All scripture is profitable for doctrine and much more. Isaiah is scripture, it's uniform with NT scripture on Salvation issues

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
Dude you have a major pride issue have you been here before?

the pharisees committed the unpardonable sin by attributing the work of the HS to satan.

yet Jesus said they were in danger of

we are only condemned in that sin if we remain it it, if we repent amd come to faith that sin is removed.
You lack understanding, I said unbeiief isn't the unpardonable sin.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
I've read those verses many times, don't change my conviction .
He is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.
'ours' -- this is easy to identify; the audience of John's letter. those who believe, this is stated explicitly in 5:13
'
but also for the whole world' -- it's clear intellectual dishonesty to argue that this can be referring to the same group

now define 'propitiation' ;)

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
He is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.
'ours' -- this is easy to identify; the audience of John's letter. those who believe, this is stated explicitly in 5:13
'
but also for the whole world' -- it's clear intellectual dishonesty to argue that this can be referring to the same group

now define 'propitiation' ;)
Evidently you don't know what propitiation means and you bring the verse up. You define it and tell us

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Evidently you don't know what propitiation means and you bring the verse up. You define it and tell us
we can substitute the word atonement; it's similar enough for the purpose of discussing the implication of 1 John 2:2

where/how was atonement made by Christ Jesus?