The Saving results of the Death of Christ !

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Journeyman

Jan 10, 2019
What I am saying, although we are born again, we do, at times, fail to put that armor on when we step out into the world.

If you read the verses 1 through 12, they caushion us that although they were all baptised with Moses in the cloud and the sea, with many of them God was not pleased, for they were overthrown in the wilderness, saying these were our examples, to the intent we should not lust after evil things, as they also lusted.

When we have been born again, we still do carry the baggage of our fleshly nature as Paul explains in Rom 7:18-25.
Rom.7 shows how we go to war against the evil desires of the flesh. It's a struggle as long as we are in this body, which is not to be used for sinful purposes any longer. Jesus tells us to cut what defiles us out of our lives (Mk.9:43-47).

I've read 1Cor.10:1-12. The example is, after being freed from bondage, those people were damned (Heb.3:7-19).

I hear what you're saying, but were being made into the image of Christ, so this idea that we're always going to fail is a lie from the devil and has to go. It has to go, along with this asnine idea that Jesus didn't turn his anger away from people who deserved to die. Jesus's whole ministry shows him turning the other cheek to his enemies, not judging his enemies, loving his enemies, to win over his enemies.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
Rom.7 shows how we go to war against the evil desires of the flesh. It's a struggle as long as we are in this body, which is not to be used for sinful purposes any longer. Jesus tells us to cut what defiles us out of our lives (Mk.9:43-47).

I've read 1Cor.10:1-12. The example is, after being freed from bondage, those people were damned (Heb.3:7-19).

I hear what you're saying, but were being made into the image of Christ, so this idea that we're always going to fail is a lie from the devil and has to go. It has to go, along with this asnine idea that Jesus didn't turn his anger away from people who deserved to die. Jesus's whole ministry shows him turning the other cheek to his enemies, not judging his enemies, loving his enemies, to win over his enemies.
There is a rest that we enter into when we, as newborn babes in Christ grow into maturity enough to have a knowledge of God's righteousness, the doctrine that Jesus taught. There are more of God's regenerated children that are believing and preaching a false doctrine, and a very few that have found the truths in the doctrine that Jesus taught, by the revelation of the Holy Ghost within them. These that have been revealed the truth, do inter into a rest, as they sojourn here. God chastens those that he loves when they sin or are in unbelief of the doctrine of Christ, but he does not sent them to hell.

When we are born again, we are in Christ, and Christ is in us. 2 Tim 2:13, says, If we believe not, (the doctrine of Christ) yet he abideth faithful, he cannot deny himself.

The two gates in Matt 7:13-14 harmonizes with this. Those that go into the straight gate are those that have been shown the doctrine of Christ that leads to that good and abundant life (rest) as they sojourn here on earth. Those that go into the wide gate are
god's regenerated children that are teaching and preaching a false doctrine, which leads to destruction (unrest).

Journeyman

Jan 10, 2019
There is a rest that we enter into when we, as newborn babes in Christ grow into maturity enough to have a knowledge of God's righteousness, the doctrine that Jesus taught. There are more of God's regenerated children that are believing and preaching a false doctrine, and a very few that have found the truths in the doctrine that Jesus taught, by the revelation of the Holy Ghost within them. These that have been revealed the truth, do inter into a rest, as they sojourn here. God chastens those that he loves when they sin or are in unbelief of the doctrine of Christ, but he does not sent them to hell.

When we are born again, we are in Christ, and Christ is in us. 2 Tim 2:13, says, If we believe not, (the doctrine of Christ) yet he abideth faithful, he cannot deny himself.

The two gates in Matt 7:13-14 harmonizes with this. Those that go into the straight gate are those that have been shown the doctrine of Christ that leads to that good and abundant life (rest) as they sojourn here on earth. Those that go into the wide gate are
god's regenerated children that are teaching and preaching a false doctrine, which leads to destruction (unrest).
Those who are in Christ do not walk after the flesh, but after the Spirit (Rom.8:1, 2Cor.13:5).

Our dear Lord does give us his peace, which passes all mere human understanding and we have rest in his peace no matter what adversity comes into our lives.

The narrow gate leads to life. The wide is where unsaved people go....damnation.

2Tim.2:13 says Jesus remains who he is regardless of who denies him. Deny him and they will be denied (2Tim.2:12, Mt.10:33).

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
Those who are in Christ do not walk after the flesh, but after the Spirit (Rom.8:1, 2Cor.13:5).

Our dear Lord does give us his peace, which passes all mere human understanding and we have rest in his peace no matter what adversity comes into our lives.

The narrow gate leads to life. The wide is where unsaved people go....damnation.

2Tim.2:13 says Jesus remains who he is regardless of who denies him. Deny him and they will be denied (2Tim.2:12, Mt.10:33).
That is not what 2 Tim 2:13, says at all. You are just explaining it to deny what it says.

Journeyman

Jan 10, 2019
That is not what 2 Tim 2:13, says at all. You are just explaining it to deny what it says.
if we deny him, he also will deny us vs.12

Deny us, not deny himself vs.13. Why? Because mans unbelief doesn't change who the Lord is. The Lord is still Lord no matter who says he isn't.

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
What is your interpretation of 2 Tim 2:13?
2 Timothy 2 is talking about the elect.

The elect didn't always believe. There was a time when the elect was an unbeliever.

There are times in sanctification when the elect does not believe the Work of God.

But God knows who His Elect are. And He Shepherds them where He wants.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
2 Timothy 2 is talking about the elect.

The elect didn't always believe. There was a time when the elect was an unbeliever.

There are times in sanctification when the elect does not believe the Work of God.

But God knows who His Elect are. And He Shepherds them where He wants.
I will say "Amen" to that, even if Pelosi does not want me to.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
if we deny him, he also will deny us vs.12

Deny us, not deny himself vs.13. Why? Because mans unbelief doesn't change who the Lord is. The Lord is still Lord no matter who says he isn't.
The elect's unbelief doesn't change who the elect are. We were all in unbelief at one time.

Budman

Mar 9, 2014
The unregenerate natural man, as described in 1 Cor 2:14, will not ever beg and plead to be spiritually saved, until God quickens him to a new spiritual life.
So, before man was even created, God chose a few to be saved and the rest to be damned (since the way to life is "narrow") and nothing will ever change that?

Then why share the gospel? Why support missions? Why even bring up the subject Jesus to anyone? After all, those who would be saved are already saved, and those lost will remain lost. Those who were called will come, no matter what anyone says or does.

And just what makes you think you're one of the elect? You must "persevere" until the end to "prove" you are one of God's select few - and you have no idea if you'll fall away in the future.

What awful fear you Calvinists must live in! For you don't dare assume you are one of God's chosen few, since only God knows who He has selected.

Calvinism is just another works based load of GARBAGE designed by the Devil to keep believers in bondage, and to stifle the spreading of the gospel.

One simple verse in the Bible completely destroys any idea that God selects people for Hell:

"For therefor we both labor and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Savior of all men, especially of those who believe. " (1 Timothy 4:10)

See what that says? See the words "all" and "especially"? Salvation is offered to ALL MEN through Jesus, but God saves only those who believe the gospel.

By your Calvinist understanding, that verse would mean: "For therefor we both labor and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Savior of all the elect, especially of those who are the elect."

It would literally make no sense.

Calvinists place themselves under a curse for adding to the scripture by continuously adding the word "elect" whenever the Bible speaks of salvation being offered to all the world, to all men, or to all who believe.

Here's the simple truth: God has predestined, or elected, to save anyone who will place their faith in Jesus Christ.

Period.

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
budman

So, before man was even created, God chose a few to be saved and the rest to be damned (since the way to life is "narrow") and nothing will ever change that?

Then why share the gospel? Why support missions?
The saved need to hear the good news of THEIR SALVATION Eph 1:13

13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

So the Gospel to the saved is informative of their salvation. How else would they come to find out about it ?

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
Christs death ensures for all whom He died, deliverance from this present evil world[Salvation] according to the Will of God !

Gal 1:4-5

4 Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father:

5 To whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

That fact Glorifies God the Father ! 52
Perhaps Jesus only died for Paul really ? 20I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
budman

The saved need to hear the good news of THEIR SALVATION Eph 1:13

13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

So the Gospel to the saved is informative of their salvation. How else would they come to find out about it ?
Sounds like everything is just a ' formality ' after ' election ' . The frozen chosen are awaiting their Hindu awakening experience, where they realise they were really saved all a long . This is where we see Augustines gnosctism.

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
Perhaps Jesus only died for Paul really ? 20I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
Did you understand the scripture I used to make my point ?

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
Sounds like everything is just a ' formality ' after ' election ' . The frozen chosen are awaiting their Hindu awakening experience, where they realise they were really saved all a long . This is where we see Augustines gnosctism.
Scoffing doesnt help !

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
But Jesus said to him, “No one, having put his hand to the plow, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.” Lk.9:62

Don't look back.
The "kingdom of God" is one of many names that the church is called. It dose not have reference to eternal heaven. Some are restricted to the church by church discipline, that will have entrance into heaven.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018

Then why share the gospel? Why support missions? Why even bring up the subject Jesus to anyone? After all, those who would be saved are already saved, and those lost will remain lost. Those who were called will come, no matter what anyone says or does.

And just what makes you think you're one of the elect? You must "persevere" until the end to "prove" you are one of God's select few - and you have no idea if you'll fall away in the future.

What awful fear you Calvinists must live in! For you don't dare assume you are one of God's chosen few, since only God knows who He has selected.

Calvinism is just another works based load of GARBAGE designed by the Devil to keep believers in bondage, and to stifle the spreading of the gospel.

One simple verse in the Bible completely destroys any idea that God selects people for Hell:

"For therefor we both labor and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Savior of all men, especially of those who believe. " (1 Timothy 4:10)

See what that says? See the words "all" and "especially"? Salvation is offered to ALL MEN through Jesus, but God saves only those who believe the gospel.

By your Calvinist understanding, that verse would mean: "For therefor we both labor and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Savior of all the elect, especially of those who are the elect."

It would literally make no sense.

Calvinists place themselves under a curse for adding to the scripture by continuously adding the word "elect" whenever the Bible speaks of salvation being offered to all the world, to all men, or to all who believe.

Here's the simple truth: God has predestined, or elected, to save anyone who will place their faith in Jesus Christ.

Period.
All scriptures must harmonize before anyone can understand the doctrine that Jesus taught.

1 Tim 4:10, You are misinterpreting who the "all men" are. Eph 5:23, For the husband is the head of his wife, even as Christ is head of the church; and he is the "saviour" (of who? is it "all mankind",or is it "the body", witch is Christ's bride, the elect.)

The elect, which were chosen before the foundation of the world, Eph 1:4, are born into this world as natural man, tainted by the sin of Adam, and are, at sometime in their life, quickened, Eph 2, by God, when they were yet spiritually dead, (unable to choose the things of the Spirit,1 Cor 2:14) to a spiritual life with the indwelling of the Holy Spirit.

God, by his foreknowledge, saw that no one would seek him, Psalms 53:2-3, So, by his mercy, he choose a portion of those that would not seek him to be adopted as his elect children.

God would have still been a just God if he had let all of mankind chose to go to hell for not seeking him. God did not send anyone to hell, it was mankind's choice.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
It is all in the harmony of the scriptures.

Journeyman

Jan 10, 2019
The "kingdom of God" is one of many names that the church is called. It dose not have reference to eternal heaven. Some are restricted to the church by church discipline, that will have entrance into heaven.
The church is part of the Kingdom of God. The Kingdom of God and the Kingdom of Heaven are synonymous. God's Kingdom is eternal,

The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity Mt.13:41

God's Kingdom is staying. Those not fit for it are leaving.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
The church is part of the Kingdom of God. The Kingdom of God and the Kingdom of Heaven are synonymous. God's Kingdom is eternal,

The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity Mt.13:41

God's Kingdom is staying. Those not fit for it are leaving.
Christ is reigning in his kingdom, the church, sense the day he set it up. The last day will be the last day, and Christ will gather his kingdom, which includes his church and all of the elect, and take them home to heaven. There will be no future 1000 year return of Christ.