The seed is planted...

  • Thread starter Thread starter MusicalMe
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

MusicalMe

Guest
My roommates are not Christians (but that doesn't keep them from being great roommates). We've lived together for two years now and I'm moving out today because I needed a cheaper place. One of them has always enjoyed having conversations about religion with me and he's started reading the Bible lately.

(Before you jump to conclusions about why I have a roommate that is a 'he' - I live with him and his sister, opposite ends of a fairly large house. Nothing fishy going on here.)

He's always been curious about religion, since he really didn't grow up with any, but it's been more like a how-can-anyone-believe-this kind of curiosity, nothing more. But lately he's started reading the Bible and a few nights ago he said "whether Jesus was the son of God or not, that's still an amazing example to follow..." So he's finally opening up to the idea that Jesus' teachings are valid and applicable.

I really feel like a seed has been planted here. I hope everyone can pray for my roommate (Matt). He is a very passionate person, and if he became a Christian, he'd be one heart, soul, body and mind - he doesn't do anything halfway.

I feel like it's a bad time to move out now, but there's nothing I can do - so if you could, pray that God can still use me in his life once I'm living somewhere else.

Thanks and God bless
 
im dissapointed i thought this thread was gonna be about gardening
 
I'll def be praying for your roommate. It seems like his negative curiosity is turning positive, I hope his interest grows :D
 
Thats awesome Musical!!! Yay for God using us!! I am sure that when u are open to the LORD he will use you more and more...exciting isnt it!?
Will be in my prayers too hun!
God bless
 
I will pray for him. I have had times where I wondered if the seed took. One that was special to me because I felt the chance was so slim. God was kind to me and I was able to see a year later that both brothers had accepted Jesus. One returned to his wife and they both became christians . The other went into ministry. My heart was filled with Joy. God bless, pickles