The seven ‘I ams’ of Jesus.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Richie_2uk
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
R

Richie_2uk

Guest
The seven ‘I ams’ of Jesus.

What is God like! Is a popular question that frequently arises up everywhere and a good answer to that question is this “look at Jesus, he is God.” He shows what God is like.”
In the Bible there are seven occasions where Jesus said “I am”. Each one of them is recorded in the book of John’s gospel, which has no parables.

Jesus tells us a great deal about God’s divine character and answers to that question “what is God like?” Let’s look at the seven ‘I ams’

1 Bread:
John 6: 35. “I am the bread of life. He who comes to me will never go hungry.”

2 Light:
John 8: 12. “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness.”

3 Gate:
John 10: 9. “I am the gate. Whoever enters through me will be saved.”

4 Good Shepherd:
John 10: 10. “I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep.”

5 Resurrection and life:
John 11: 25. “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies.”

6 Way, Truth, Life:
John 14: 6. “I am the way and the truth and the life. No-one comes to the father except through me.”

7 True Vine:
John 15: 1. “I am the true vine. And my father is the gardener.”

To see what God is like? is to look at Jesus
 
"....to see what I am like (regenerated), is to look at Jesus"....smile.