The Shortage, Are You Preparing?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
I have lived in this country 64+ years and have never seen a food shortage. Our local grocery did run out of eggs, but we bought chickens and now have fresh eggs daily. Milk has gone up significantly, but we can buy cheaper substitutes for that. When there is a perceived shortage, producers raise prices. We can combat that by not buying higher priced items.
I also live in an agricultural region and we don't really see any shortages, but you do see it in some areas. You have to wait weeks or even months to get a car, and there are no houses available. I heard from one guy the wait on some building supplies is in years, not months.

Apr 11, 2022
I also live in an agricultural region and we don't really see any shortages, but you do see it in some areas. You have to wait weeks or even months to get a car, and there are no houses available. I heard from one guy the wait on some building supplies is in years, not months.
Yes,I agree that some areas have a housing shortage. The Fed raising interest rates has made the crisis even worse. We sold our home in March and bought another one the same day. We are using some of the excess cash to fix this one up. So far we have had no problems getting materials.

We want this home to be ready to sell, should we ever see the need to sell. It pays to shop around and get the best price and bids. Consumers can reduce inflation by refusing to pay the higher prices.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
The Lord told us everything would be shaken in these times, He will continue to preserve and care for His own.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/05/04/stock-market-futures-open-to-close-news.html

Dow tumbles 1,1000 points, Nasdaq loses 5% in worst day of the year so far

Carlyle Group co-founder David Rubenstein said investors need to get “back to reality” about the headwinds for markets and the economy, including the war in Russia and high inflation.

“We’re also looking at 50-basis-point increases the next two FOMC meetings. So we are going to be tightening a bit. I don’t think that is going to be tightening so much so that we’re going slow down the economy. ... but we still have to recognize that we have some real economic challenges in the United States,” Rubenstein said Thursday on CNBC’s “Squawk Box.”

This is sort of true, the tightening by itself is not what will "cause" the recession/depression, it will merely be a contributing factor.

We are seeing our food industry under a very clear attack. Food processing plants are on fire, we have explosions at them and airplanes crashing into them. We have planted 30% less wheat this year due to fertilizer shortages and we expect wheat exports from Russia and Ukraine to be all but cut off. We are seeing massive shortages across the board, and the price of food is inelastic. If it goes up, inflation goes up. We also have massive supply chain disruptions with China shutting down major ports like Shanghai.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011
Killed a snake at the chicken pen a couple a days ago and me and the boys been working on swarm traps. Set two traps today, one we put on a ladder stand(5 frame nuc baited with lemongrass oil) and the other is a 10 frame with a medium under it but we left five frames out to so it has an empty space when the scouts first go in(baited it with store bought vials),Then I took a nap.lol. After I woke up we cut out a telescoping top and a 4 inch spacer and put them together. I'm going to take a heat gun and melt bee's wax/and propolis inside them tomorrow.

Got two gardens growing good,purple hulls,okra,tomatoes,watermelons,midget melons,snap beans ect. and the rains been good so far. We got some wild flower seed and put it everywhere and it's doing well(they don't all bloom at the same time). Planted clover a few years ago and it's starting to reseed it's self all over the place. I think I'll hook up my harrow disc and get ready to plant some alfalfa and till it in on the high end of the property.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
"Shortages of nearly every truck part you can imagine"

"They have shut down China"

Why would China do that to themselves? Suppose you knew that in two to four weeks the US dollar would be worthless. Why send containers filled with goods to the US. Better to shut down in advance of that.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
Currently we have a shortage of government workers.
Codes and permits office.

If you want to build a retail business of any sort you need permits for construction and etc.

Davidson County (Nashville) is just now beginning to look at permits applied for in February. They are so short staffed and have been for so long that they are on life support. There are no qualified applicants either.
A person needs to know building codes, read blueprints and business plans and how to apply them.

So...since interest rates are rising and non-existent building materials (beyond lumber) are becoming outrageous in price...there aren't going to be any jobs created. Not to mention that we can't fill the ones we currently have.

There's one of a multitude of issues we have.