The Shortage, Are You Preparing?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
With out denying what we can plainly see, and our need for provisions

Mat 6:25 Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?
Mat 6:26 Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?
Mat 6:27 Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?
Mat 6:28 And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin:
Mat 6:29 And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.
Mat 6:30 Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?
Mat 6:31 Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?
Mat 6:32 (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.
Mat 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
ith out denying what i can plainly see, suggesting sure make provision. Our trust is in the Lord.
Agreed....
God has seen fit to take care of me very well...even though I don't think He should have. I really don't know why either....sometimes at the last moment and sometimes well in advance.

J

joecoten

I'm putting on weight...that should carry me through the dry season!

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
Protests -- Inflation

Argentina, Ecuador, UK, Pakistan, Belgium,

Interest rates have been hiked in 45 countries so far. We are talking about a worldwide slowdown of economic activity.

Indonesia president warns the situation is dangerous.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020

We are literally starving to death -- Ecuador

Countries where protests over

Reuters lists: Argentina, Chile, Cyprus, Greece, Guinea, Indonesia, Iran, Kenya, Lebanon, Palestinian territories, Peru, Sri Lanka, Sudan and Tunisia

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
The airlines announced they will cancel flights that are less than 85% full because of the fuel costs. So I wondered how many flights are that?

https://www.northjersey.com/story/n...-united-delta-american-overbooking/100422784/

Apparently the average flight is 80-85% full so then we can assume as a rough estimate that half the flights will be cancelled. Not only so but how much notice will you get? If you are at 75-80% will they hope for walk ons and leave you hanging till the very last moment?

Also, what happens to people with connecting flights? If there is a 50% chance in having a flight cancelled you have only a 25% chance of making a flight with a connecting flight without issue.

And it is worse than that. Suppose the pilot and crew on one of those two flights was supposed to be there from a flight that got cancelled. Even though you didn't book the flight your flight is still ruined.

Or suppose your flight does have 85% booking, but many of the people were on a connecting flight that got cancelled so that now you have less than 85%.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020

Dire situation -- barren wasteland

10% of wheat fields in kansas are barren

30% of wheat fields in Colorado are barren

75% of the crop in Texas will be abandoned.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
Hoover dam is no longer producing energy they are at "inactive pool"

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020

65 million empty houses in China

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
This is amazing. At the same time we have shortages of things like baby formula we also have overstocked items around 32% or even higher!

They describe this as "apocalyptic"

https://www.spamchronicles.com/ship...at-walmart-costco-target-washington-examiner/

Shipping Delays Due to Pandemic Lead to Overstock at Walmart, Costco, Target – Washington Examiner

Target reported a 43% increase in inventory, Walmart a 32% increase, Macy’s a 17% increase and Costco a 26% increase.

I stopped using Costco and Walmart because of their cancelling Dinesh D'souza and Mike Lindell. Generally when you think of Walmart shoppers you think of Deplorables, can you imagine if they all stop using Walmart based on them cancelling Mike Lindell? At the same time Walmart has a 32% overstocked!

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Looks really good around here, silking should be soon, there appears to be strong chances for more rain here at these critical times.
Perhaps His blessings will continue for this nation dedicated to God so long ago.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
Here's the crop report for this fall....
what it is saying is that we have a fairly decent crop coming in...

https://www.barchart.com/story/news/9017709/crop-progress
It is very hard if you are not a pro to understand these. What I do is look at the prices because this is a result of the pros who are buying millions of dollars of the various grains.

In my opinion Wheat is the most important because it also has protein. In a famine you can live on wheat, that is not true of corn.

https://www.wsj.com/market-data/quotes/futures/W00

Oct 2019 the spot price was $500, today it is $800. That is a 60% increase.

That is the US. I would point out that if Ukraine does not export wheat and the US does not export wheat and Russia does not export wheat that there will be a worldwide famine.

I would also point out that from February to just recently the price was over $1,000 which is over 100% increase. The price is coming down because we are taking what is just harvested saving money on storage.