The Simpsons future predictions thread

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
So for those of you who do not know( even though I only recently found this out myself) The cartoon show the simpson's has been well known to predict future events with scary accuracy within years in advance. Of course some say it's coincidence others are so sure of the simpsons accuracy they don't even think it's a joke to watch every episode searching for clues of future events.

I myself have not researched it much yet but i have to admit some of the things they predicted years ago and then happened exactly like it is kind of scary. So I thought I would make this thread to talk about it and what everyone thinks about it and to post predictions from the simpsions.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Oh yes I saw this one, in all honesty it doesn't seem that far off from a very likely scenario

Mel85

Daughter of the True King
Mar 28, 2018
Yeah there’s heaps of episodes that show subliminal messages or things that ended up happening.

The Simpsons also have a huge influence on promoting the Freemasonry, so I’m really not surprised.

Odelschwanck

Jan 7, 2015
If The Simpsons predicts future events, then shouldn't Futurama have realllllly predicted future events?

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
What I would like to know is how they are able to do it. Hmm illuminati much? ;b

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
What I would like to know is how they are able to do it. Hmm illuminati much? ;b
there are a lot of websites/articles out there about Simpsons predictions. it's the longest running scripted show on television, finally passing 'Gunsmoke' earlier this year. nearing 700 episodes. that's an awful lot of material to begin with, and the nature of the show has a lot to do with it too. they are almost always culturally-relevant themes in every episode, so the writers are focusing on current & near-current events all the time. shows are written, animated and dubbed something like a year before they air, too, so the writers have an eye towards what they think is going to be relevant culturally many months into the future.
given the big number of shows, the subject matter trying to be topically relevant, and the fact that they're almost always trying to make that topical relevance ahead of time -- and given how history tends to repeat itself -- it's really not that surprising to find lists of one or two dozen loose 'predictions' among the decades of shows in the series.