The sin of refusing sex

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Funkus

May 20, 2020
So if I want to masturbate and refuse myself to, then it is a sin not to masturbate?

K

kaylagrl

So if I want to masturbate and refuse myself to, then it is a sin not to masturbate?
I think I have a pretty good sense of humor and I don't find this funny in the least.

Funkus

May 20, 2020
I think I have a pretty good sense of humor and I don't find this funny in the least.
Masturbation isn't funny? So you are ok with it - i agree, me too. It's harmless isn't it. I was just trying to make all the other folks who do it feel a bit better about themselves!

K

kaylagrl

Masturbation isn't funny? So you are ok with it - i agree, me too. It's harmless isn't it. I was just trying to make all the other folks who do it feel a bit better about themselves!

And I'm wondering why mods are allowing you space here. I'm not about to argue with this disgusting comment. I'll leave it to people better qualified to deal with.

B

Blackpowderduelist

I Corinthians 7:5
Do not deprive one another except with consent for a time, that you may give yourselves to fasting and prayer; and come together again so that Satan does not tempt you because of your lack of self-control.
Someone disagreed with scripture.
How strange.

Funkus

May 20, 2020
And I'm wondering why mods are allowing you space here. I'm not about to argue with this disgusting comment. I'll leave it to people better qualified to deal with.
I would ask to you reflect just a little
there is a long running thread about how many people are going to hell and gloating over this (don't deny it they are GLOATING), and some are justifying rape right here in this thread and you pick on me? i'm the sinner? Wake up. just because i said something that many people do is OK it's disgusting, then let me be banned - maybe your problem is with God not me who made our bodies and sexuality. Did you read the news today? The church of England is being exposed against for letting pedophiles off and work with children. But i'm the monster. Sure, ok, whatever you say

Jan 25, 2015
there is a long running thread about how many people are going to hell and gloating over this (don't deny it they are GLOATING), and some are justifying rape right here in this thread and you pick on me? i'm the sinner? Wake up. just because i said something that many people do is OK it's disgusting, then let me be banned - maybe your problem is with God not me who made our bodies and sexuality. Did you read the news today? The church of England is being exposed against for letting pedophiles off and work with children. But i'm the monster. Sure, ok, whatever you say
Why would you identify yourself as a monster?

Nobody claimed you are a monster, they said you are not funny and I can see you are immature.

Shame man.

G

Godsgirl83

The whole point of this thread was about sexual relations WITHIN THE MARRIAGE COVENANT.........
masturbation is a solo act. It is something one does to/with self to reach that point of pleasure that GOD DESIGNED to be reached ONLY WITHIN MARRIAGE COVENANT WITH ONES SPOUSE.

It will be a very sad moment when those who say they are single, yet practice sexual acts before marriage, get into a marriage covenant expecting all the fireworks and bells and whistle ONLY to find out that they are unable to achieve such moments.
(for those who need help understanding what that means: when one spends time learning how to self please, and self gratify it becomes almost impossible to reach a point of pleasure/satisfaction with/by your spouse. )

the comment about rape was not let go, if you go back and reread what follows it you will see people trying to get back on subject BUT as soon as the rape issue is over SOMEONE came along and decided to try and be funny with a comment that was less than that.

But AGAIN this thread is suppose to be about sexual relations within a MARRIAGE COVENANT....
not rape, masturbation, whether or not someone is going to hell, or pedophiles. There are PLENTY of other threads for those topics.

God not me who made our bodies and sexuality.
EXACTLY: God made our bodies and sexuality TO BE FULLFILLED WITHIN A MARRIAGE COVENANT WITH ONES SPOUSE ONLY (not by ones self, or with countless others)

K

kaylagrl

there is a long running thread about how many people are going to hell and gloating over this (don't deny it they are GLOATING), and some are justifying rape right here in this thread and you pick on me?
No one here, no one justified rape!! The OP has gone out of his way to make clear we are talking about a normal, healthy, Christian couple. No one is talking about abuse or rape. Scripture was giving to pinpoint exactly what the subject matter here is. The OP and I have clashed on some subjects and agreed on others. But I'm backing him totally on this one, he never advocated, nor hinted toward rape or abuse. So you need to sit back and read the entire thread before you start casting aspersions. And as to your claim of people gloating in a thread you'll have to link me or tell me where to find it and what they were gloating about. Can't answer that when I don't know what you mean.

Where did anyone in this thread call you a sinner? Number of the post...

just because i said something that many people do is OK it's disgusting
So because many people do it it's right? It's ok? You didn't just say something, you made a crude joke. Don't act like a victim now. Had you brought the subject up in the correct manner in the right thread it could have been discussed, like adults. You didn't. You threw a crude joke into a thread that is talking about a serious issue that causes many divorces, lack of intimacy in a marriage.

then let me be banned - maybe your problem is with God not me who made our bodies and sexuality.
He made our bodies and sexuality for one purpose. And when we don't use it for that purpose it leads to serious addictions and issues. It certainly not something to be crudely joked about.

Did you read the news today? The church of England is being exposed against for letting pedophiles off and work with children. But i'm the monster. Sure, ok, whatever you say

Where did anyone call you a monster? If you're going to toss a crude comment out there at least have the intestinal fortitude to stand by it and not play the victim. Now you're bringing up issues that have nothing to do with the subject just so you can justify your crude comment. It was out of line, it wasn't funny. Had you acted like an adult and discussed it properly in the correct thread I wouldn't have called you out. But you didn't. Now you're turning around and trying to make yourself look like a victim. You aren't.

Funkus

May 20, 2020
you have to be kidding me

i only identified myself as a monster on the basis that you said i should be banned
thus it computes that i am considered a monster to warrant such an outcome and that i am the worst of the worst and worthy of the ultimate punishment on christianchat.com. that is what you said

but i don't think i am one at all and it is unfair to put me in that position where i feel that way
when what i posted what is really very mild compared to what other people posted my joke wasn't really that bad, but i touched a nerve, a nerve of hypocrisy

if no-one condoned rape within marriage in this thread then i apologise, but i found myself not being very convinced by some of the answers they seemed to be making excuses so it is valid to question what exactly is being said

Surfer14 said:
"If you're married, then sex is in the job description. Don't feel like it? Too bad. Guess what - I don't feel like going to work in the morning either. But I do it.
If you pull the headache excuse all the time, then you deserve to get cheated on. Husband or wife."

That isn't rape or forcing sexual activity? OK pour all your wrath on me, let me be the scapegoat for the sins of others

Again you blame me for what others have clearly posted, but you are not mad at them you are mad at me

And I raise the issue of the church of england and i'm shot down by some idiot telling me it's not relevant - so it is not relevant that the name of Christ is being harmed in the world by pedophiles? That people are rejecting Jesus because of it? But no... it's not relevant to the thread, what a joke and whitewash of things

I have a better way - stand up for truth and love of Jesus and reject all hypocrisy, how about that for a change?
Yes i don't think masturbation is a bad thing and i wish a few more Christians would come out and say that same thing because so many do it !

G

Godsgirl83

i don't think masturbation is a bad thing and i wish a few more Christians would come out and say that same thing because so many do it !
Just because "everyone's doing it" DOES NOT make it acceptable.......
Look around our world...... the end is closer now than ever before.
soon, VERY SOON we will all be standing before the King of kings where EVERYTHING will be exposed and accounted for.
Ask yourselves, "Do I REALLY want to be held accountable to this?
Is your eternal status REALLY worth sacrificing because something currently "feels good" and "everyone's doing it"?

Yup, some nerves have been hit in this thread.....
nerves of conviction.

K

kaylagrl

you have to be kidding me
If I were kidding, you would know it.

i only identified myself as a monster on the basis that you said i should be banned
thus it computes that i am considered a monster to warrant such an outcome and that i am the worst of the worst and worthy of the ultimate punishment on christianchat.com. that is what you said
Annnd no where did I say you were a monster. Thank you for that backhanded apology.

but i don't think i am one at all and it is unfair to put me in that position where i feel that way
No one put you in any position to feel any way. You made a crude joke in a serious thread discussing marriage problems. You're not even married are you? Perhaps we need a "married only" forum. I wouldn't jump into the singles forum and make a crude joke when they were discussing a serious issue.

when what i posted what is really very mild compared to what other people posted my joke wasn't really that bad
Boy, I don't know if it's an actual thing, but you need to get a job as a professional victim. Instead of saying "my bad" you continue to fall on your sword. Ninja level victim.

but i touched a nerve, a nerve of hypocrisy
Because I think you made a crude joke in a serious thread?! My family struggles with addiction on my fathers side. My Uncle died from alcohol poisoning. Before you spew your mouth why don't you think

if no-one condoned rape within marriage in this thread then i apologise, but i found myself not being very convinced by some of the answers they seemed to be making excuses so it is valid to question what exactly is being said
A non apology, apology, and you call others a hypocrite. smh No one condoned rape in this thread. There is no "if".

Surfer14 said:
"If you're married, then sex is in the job description. Don't feel like it? Too bad. Guess what - I don't feel like going to work in the morning either. But I do it.
If you pull the headache excuse all the time, then you deserve to get cheated on. Husband or wife."
I've called out Surfer's comments before. Not sure if I did on this one but others did. If I didn't, here's my take, it's a moronic and immature comment. No one deserves to be cheated on and God will hold you accountable for it. Period. I don't expect to see him here much longer with the outlandish and offensive comments he throws out.

That isn't rape or forcing sexual activity? OK pour all your wrath on me, let me be the scapegoat for the sins of others
The first part of the comment isn't wrong. When you marry sex is part of the relationship and continually with holding from your partner is wrong. Scripture was used earlier in the discussion. I don't see where he said rape was ok or pinning your partner down and forcing them was ok. He can speak for himself. If he does he'll be called on it. Trust me.

Again you blame me for what others have clearly posted, but you are not mad at them you are mad at me
Maybe public forums are not your thing. I don't know you, how can I be "mad" at you. I called you out for a crude comment. Are you from the millennial generation? You seem to be taking this way too hard.

And I raise the issue of the church of england and i'm shot down by some idiot telling me it's not relevant -
So now you're down to name calling, you must be a millennial. Cannot take correction without being triggered. Some millennials are like that.

so it is not relevant that the name of Christ is being harmed in the world by pedophiles? That people are rejecting Jesus because of it? But no... it's not relevant to the thread, what a joke and whitewash of things
Yes, clearly that's what I said. Clearly I condone pedos because I said it's not relevant in this thread.

[QUOTE="Funkus, post: 4388415, member: 297469]I have a better way - stand up for truth and love of Jesus and reject all hypocrisy, how about that for a change?[/QUOTE]

How about you simply stop grandstanding, playing the victim and apologize for making a crude comment in a serious thread. I traveled 20 + yrs in two countries to stand up for the truth, you? See? Nobody likes self righteous grandstanding.

[QUOTE="Funkus, post: 4388415, member: 297469] Yes i don't think masturbation is a bad thing [/QUOTE]

It doesn't matter what we think, what does the Bible say? I don't think any addiction is a good thing.

[QUOTE="Funkus, post: 4388415, member: 297469] and i wish a few more Christians would come out and say that same thing because so many do it ! [/QUOTE]

I don't think most Christians are going to come out and say it's a good thing. People have admitted here they struggle with it but it's something they are trying to overcome with the Lord's help. It's not a good thing, it's a serious adult discussion and should be treated that way. As I said, I don't have an issue with adult discussion, my issue was with your crude comment, making a joke in a serious thread on a serious discussion.

E

EleventhHour

Surfer14 said:
Agree... how this comment was overlooked and how no one made a big deal about it.

The entire OP by @presidente is out of context and misapplied.
Paul was not writing to specific situations occurring in the assembly... he is not writing about sin.

Aug 16, 2020
I’m just coming in here to say: I don’t get it.

Can’t a couple be happily married without sex? My mom knows plenty of couples, that are straight, that don’t have kids. What if the man and woman want to marry for the companionship part of marriage, rather than the having kids/sex part?

Then again, this is coming from a woman who has never dated anyone and struggles to see why masturbation is a sin. I didn’t know it was a sin until I got on CC. My mom said she could she it being a sin if it becomes more important than God in a person’s life, and my Dad said if you imagine seeing someone else while jerking off, then that is a sin.

But I’m sticking to what my parents said, I don’t even know how to masturbate, I thought it was just a way to relive stress? That’s what I hear most of the time, y’all can say whatever to me, but I’m sticking with what my parents said, I’m not changing my mind.

E

EleventhHour

Paul was not writing to specific situations occurring in the assembly... he is not writing about sin.
Correction***

Paul WAS writing to specific situations occurring in the assembly... he is not writing about sin.

Happy2020

Oct 5, 2020
1. Masturbation (I will call "x" from now on) is a massive sin, one of the biggest sins and one of the final nails in the coffin to the Flood of Noah's Generation. Gen 9:6 alludes to the life of man being inside man, meaning his seed.
2. X cleary shows you what is on your "mind" which is really your soul. Jesus tells us, wicked and evil is the man who has just thoughts of a woman, therefore X is done in a state where you are aroused. We do not use our Holy Temples, Our Holy Bodies in Christ to shed the blood of man and take selfish bodily pleasure.
3. Man is COMMANDED...Be Fruitful and Multiply. Therefore, yes G-d want's kids in this world, he wants souls in this world to better them and for them to grow and that is only but us multiplying. The world multiplying and not "adding" actually means you must have both a boy and a girl....for you cannot multiply without both genders.
4. Even further on this topic, Jacob has a "weird" story, about how you made breeds of animals with a pole and some tricks. If he could make animals to his desire by playing around with how they mated and what they thought, then how much more so when we are with our husbands and wives can we create Holy Children...or selfish children. The bond between husband and wife is one of the holiest places....that is why the satan has done an awesome job at messing that up. The satan doesn't work in areas that won't build the kingdom. Therefore, wherever their is evil, you can be assured that the righteous form of that act is very Holy to G-d and His Kingdom.

Status
Not open for further replies.