The State of the World Today! Is it the Endtimes??????

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jan 16, 2011
Yeah but there's a scripture somewhere in the Bible that says only God knows when the end is going to come so nothing we can really do but speculate
A lot of people quote the scripture Matt 24:36 “No one about the day or the hour…” using as a reason not to anticipate the Lord’s coming. But is also written “Blessed is the one who reads aloud the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear, and keep what is written in it, for the time is near.” Rev 1:3.
Although I don‘t know the day or hour, I feel we are in the very last days. The more I read the word the more imminent it feels.

Jan 16, 2011
No there isn't.

There is a scripture that says no one knows the day or the hour except the Father. That is not the same thing as not knowing that the day of the Lord is at hand, or that this is the fig tree generation, or many of the other signs and prophecies that indicate the day of the Lord is at hand.

There is a very strong scriptural basis to say the following:

1. The entire world will see Jesus return on the clouds by the Spring of 2029.
What scriptural basis?

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
What scriptural basis?
1. Matthew 24:34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

Based on the context of "all these things" the last item on the list is Jesus coming in great glory and this generation refers to the fig tree putting forth its leaves again, ie the nation of Israel being reformed. That prophecy is even more specific because it is not just about the Fig tree but "all the trees". Check the history and after WWI many nations were formed in the middle east, not just Israel.

2. Daniel's prophecy of the 70th week refers to a Shemitah, a seven year period. Therefore, the 70th week can't just start at any time it must start at the beginning of one of these seven year periods. This last Rosh Hashanah began a new Shemitah for Israel. So if the 70th week does not begin this year then you must wait for seven years if Daniel's prophecy will be fulfilled.

3. However, according to Psalm 90 a generation is 70-80 years depending on whether or not you are rebellious. When Jesus said that the temple would be destroyed He said it would be in the generation from His nativity. He was not rebellious, so it was AD 70. However, the Fig tree generation is rebellious, so 80 years from 1948 is May of 2028 until May of 2029.

This is a sampling, but you could probably put together at least 24 Bible references that in one way or another point to the Lord returning in glory, in the clouds by 2029. I have posted all the links on my blog.

https://christianchat.com/blogs/sum...s-on-the-rapture.197802/page-322#post-4964809

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
https://biblehub.com/interlinear/2_thessalonians/2-3.htm got to be revealed first that's the Scriptural qualifier...
so the debate is over the meaning of apostasy. Does it mean the saints depart in the rapture or does it mean the church departs from the faith.

1Timothy 4:1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

This word for depart from the faith is "aphistemi" it means to draw away, fall away, desert, become faithless, flee from, absent oneself from.

I think a strong case can be made we have seen this since the time Paul wrote Galatians, and since John received the revelation of the letters to the seven churches. Balaam, Jezebel, even Ephesus left their first love.

So it is pretty hard to believe there will be this dramatic "apostasy" from the faith that all the believers will see and only then will the antichrist be revealed.

I think there is no doubt that at the time of the rapture there will be many who have departed from the faith, who are in the synagogue of Satan, churches where Balaam, Jezebel, and others teach and make the rules.

Anyway we are told "for there shall be a departure first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition".

1. We could interpret that as what we just saw with people smashing the 10 commandments, making their own new 10 commandments, and now various faiths around the world are adopting this.

or

2. Departure could refer to the rapture.

If it is #1 then I expect the AntiChrist to confirm this covenant (if you read what these people did, they said they were making a new covenant).

However, we also read that the restrainer will restrain the evil until He steps out of the way. I understand that to be referring to the Holy Spirit that is working in the saints. He steps out of the way when they are raptured. So I don't expect the antichrist to be unmasked until after the rapture, however, I do believe that right now he is operating and many have already pledged their allegiance to him.

Jan 16, 2011
1. Matthew 24:34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

Based on the context of "all these things" the last item on the list is Jesus coming in great glory and this generation refers to the fig tree putting forth its leaves again, ie the nation of Israel being reformed. That prophecy is even more specific because it is not just about the Fig tree but "all the trees". Check the history and after WWI many nations were formed in the middle east, not just Israel.

2. Daniel's prophecy of the 70th week refers to a Shemitah, a seven year period. Therefore, the 70th week can't just start at any time it must start at the beginning of one of these seven year periods. This last Rosh Hashanah began a new Shemitah for Israel. So if the 70th week does not begin this year then you must wait for seven years if Daniel's prophecy will be fulfilled.

3. However, according to Psalm 90 a generation is 70-80 years depending on whether or not you are rebellious. When Jesus said that the temple would be destroyed He said it would be in the generation from His nativity. He was not rebellious, so it was AD 70. However, the Fig tree generation is rebellious, so 80 years from 1948 is May of 2028 until May of 2029.

This is a sampling, but you could probably put together at least 24 Bible references that in one way or another point to the Lord returning in glory, in the clouds by 2029. I have posted all the links on my blog.

https://christianchat.com/blogs/sum...s-on-the-rapture.197802/page-322#post-4964809
Thank you for responding. I would love nothing more than the Lord returning by 2029! I will read through your blog for further insight, but do not believe the bible is a secret code that only a few can crack. Many prominent Christian’s have forecast the second coming predicting what a generation looks like, and the date comes and goes. If anything, I think it makes us Christian’s look silly to the secular word and pushes them away when we start giving a date. However, I do believe that there is a calling on the hearts of most Christian’s right now… and we know that it is imminent. As we read prophesy, and watch the world around us, I think we are very close. I’ll jump over to your blog now and have a read. Thanks. 😊

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
Thank you for responding. I would love nothing more than the Lord returning by 2029! I will read through your blog for further insight, but do not believe the bible is a secret code that only a few can crack. Many prominent Christian’s have forecast the second coming predicting what a generation looks like, and the date comes and goes. If anything, I think it makes us Christian’s look silly to the secular word and pushes them away when we start giving a date. However, I do believe that there is a calling on the hearts of most Christian’s right now… and we know that it is imminent. As we read prophesy, and watch the world around us, I think we are very close. I’ll jump over to your blog now and have a read. Thanks. 😊
The Lord said very clearly that we would see the day approaching. He charged us to watch and He told us what signs to watch for and He gave us very specific prophecies to pay attention to.

I don't know what you are referring to by "secret code".

What separates the Bible from every other book is that we have amazing prophecies that are fulfilled and have been fulfilled.

God told us that He tells us the end from the beginning. That isn't a secret code, it is the glory of God.

Jan 16, 2011
Ab
The Lord said very clearly that we would see the day approaching. He charged us to watch and He told us what signs to watch for and He gave us very specific prophecies to pay attention to.

I don't know what you are referring to by "secret code".

What separates the Bible from every other book is that we have amazing prophecies that are fulfilled and have been fulfilled
God told us that He tells us the end from the beginning. That isn't a secret code, it is the glory of God.
I absolutely agree that God has given us signs and tells us what to watch for… by secret code, I meant that people have been trying to work out what generation means… for generations. The signs are all there…. It’s imminent. It’s just when people do their own mathematics and nominate an actual year, it’s usually turns out incorrect. And if God wanted us to know the year, he wouldn’t make it so only a few can work out when the date is. A lot of Godly, well meaning men have got it wrong so far.

Don’t get me wrong… I would love it if you were correct and it happens before 2029. But not even Jesus knows the hour, only the father. Though we are told to watch for signs…and the signs, and prophesies are happening every day.

P

persistent

But not even Jesus knows the hour, only the father. Though we are told to watch for signs…and the signs, and prophesies are happening every day.
Mark 13:32 ¶ But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
Ab

I absolutely agree that God has given us signs and tells us what to watch for… by secret code, I meant that people have been trying to work out what generation means… for generations. The signs are all there…. It’s imminent. It’s just when people do their own mathematics and nominate an actual year, it’s usually turns out incorrect. And if God wanted us to know the year, he wouldn’t make it so only a few can work out when the date is. A lot of Godly, well meaning men have got it wrong so far.

Don’t get me wrong… I would love it if you were correct and it happens before 2029. But not even Jesus knows the hour, only the father. Though we are told to watch for signs…and the signs, and prophesies are happening every day.
Daniel gave us the year that the Messiah would be crucified. It is not unreasonable that He would give us this year as well.

Also the fact that there have been many frauds saying "here is the Christ or there" and wanting people to follow them is a fulfillment of prophecy.

The big difference between all those frauds (which you call well meaning people) and today is that no one is saying to follow them out to the wilderness (join a cult). Prior to today the "well meaning people" were cultic, thinking they had the secret and if they were on this mountain on this day then when the Lord came they would be taken.

No one is saying that today. They are saying your robes need to be washed, you need to be ready and when He comes He will take those who are ready from the entire globe.

Jan 16, 2011
Im
Daniel gave us the year that the Messiah would be crucified. It is not unreasonable that He would give us this year as well.

Also the fact that there have been many frauds saying "here is the Christ or there" and wanting people to follow them is a fulfillment of prophecy.

The big difference between all those frauds (which you call well meaning people) and today is that no one is saying to follow them out to the wilderness (join a cult). Prior to today the "well meaning people" were cultic, thinking they had the secret and if they were on this mountain on this day then when the Lord came they would be taken.

No one is saying that today. They are saying your robes need to be washed, you need to be ready and when He comes He will take those who are ready from the entire globe.
I am not referring to the Celtic. I am referring to genuine Christian’s, who go through the bible and genuinely believe they know the date. I’ve seen some on this site over the the years. No ill intent or selfish motivation, they believed it with all their hearts.

I agree with your message that we need to ready and when he comes, he will take those from the entire globe. “So you yourselves know perfectly the day of the Lord so comes as a thief in the night.” 1 Thessalonians 5:2. 😊

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
Im

I am not referring to the Celtic. I am referring to genuine Christian’s, who go through the bible and genuinely believe they know the date. I’ve seen some on this site over the the years. No ill intent or selfish motivation, they believed it with all their hearts.

I agree with your message that we need to ready and when he comes, he will take those from the entire globe. “So you yourselves know perfectly the day of the Lord so comes as a thief in the night.” 1 Thessalonians 5:2. 😊
"Take heed that no man deceive you"

There is no reference to "cults" in the Bible and the definition of a cult in the dictionary is very vague to the point that it could refer to the early church. What the Bible does talk about is deception and false prophets.

"Many genuine christians have said the same thing"

No. They haven't.

Matthew 24:4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you. 5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many...11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.

First you need to realize that all that deception was a fulfillment of prophecy.

Second you need to know how to identify the deceivers.

2Peter 2:1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

The first thing you look for is a "damnable heresy". A heresy is a school of thought, not all schools of thought are damnable. For example, should women have their heads covered in church. That is a school of thought but Paul made it clear we are not to allow this "heresy" to divide the church. If you divide the church over a doctrine that is not essential it becomes "damnable". Pre trib is a school of thought but we should not allow that to divide us. Cults always have damnable heresies. They teach something that causes all the members to divide themselves from others. Now many of the teachings that they have may seem good, insightful, and they may appear to be "given" and "absolute". But if you dig down deep you will discover that at the heart of this teaching is a denial of the Lord who bought us. They may profess to know the Lord, but they are teaching that you need Jesus + something else. The Lord's redemption was good, but to really be the Lord's special people you need something else also. Any teaching that says you need something in addition to the Lord's blood to be "fully saved" then that is a teaching that denies the Lord who bought us. Still this can be much harder for a novice to see.

2 And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.

Pernicious ways have a harmful effect but they are subtle. They are destructive and deadly. This is hard for an outsider to see. However, if you are on the inside you will see this a lot. They will explain this away that they are in a spiritual warfare. But you will see purges, you will see people behaving in ways that are tyrannical, that censor you. Those who are in the group will know there are things you can't say. They will have many people they claim are "toxic" and you can get excommunicated if you talk to them even though a year ago that was a wonderful brother or sister. You won't be told why someone was excommunicated, only that you can no longer talk to that one or this one.

3 And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.

But here is the key point, these cults are based on covetousness and making merchandise of you. They will sell books, tapes, flowers. All of the tithes go to the "supreme leader" and they don't give to the poor. No soup kitchen.

So ask yourself, those who are telling you these are the end days, are they trying to make a buck? Are they using that to sell a book? Some are, so by all means, if you want to be 100% safe don't listen to anyone who is trying to monetize their ministry. However, that does not mean that everyone selling books is a false prophet. Paul said you should not muzzle the ox that treads out the corn. For me it is simply a red flag. In a soccer match you have to get two red flags to be sent off. But this term "feigned word" actually means "manufactured stories". The word is something you would use to describe moulded clay and means a fictitious tale. The phony cult leaders all have a fictitious tale that causes you to think this guy is some special one sent from God. Dig into their origin story and you will discover it is fiction. If I learn the story someone has been telling me about how they were called or saved is fiction, then that to me is a major red flag. Still don't be too quick to accuse someone of lying. But do you see pernicious ways? Do you see a sinful lifestyle that causes others to speak evil of the way of truth? Do you see damnable heresies? Are they teaching you that if you don't believe their message that you can't be fully saved?

I would say that with many of the "watchmen" concerning the Lord's coming you don't see any of this. There are a few, a select few, that I regularly post links for that do sell books. But again, that to me simply causes my antenna to be raised. One of these has this fantastic, miraculous, experience of being saved and called which for many proves he has been sent by God. For me it is why I stopped listening to him.

23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not. 24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

This is something else. The teaching of Islam and FreeMasons is that at the end of the age the Messiah will come in the flesh. They deny that Jesus has already come in the flesh. Their Messiah will be the "antichrist" which means pseudo Christ. this is why FreeMason churches and those influenced by the Jesuits don't want you teaching about the end times, the purpose is to deceive you about the Antichrist being the Christ.

P

persistent

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Aha! Jimmy Evans! Always enjoyed him, a great man of God.
Thank you Miss Ruby, here, have a donut-

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
I don't think this is a sign because these cows were specifically bred by a rancher to have that red tint
So it's like ordering a medium rare steak and then thinking a prophecy has been fulfilled when the waitress brings you the steak you ordered

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
I don't think this is a sign because these cows were specifically bred by a rancher to have that red tint
So it's like ordering a medium rare steak and then thinking a prophecy has been fulfilled when the waitress brings you the steak you ordered
Oh, so what do you see as signs?

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
Oh, so what do you see as signs?
I don't know but I don't think it would be something contrived like a cattle farmer specifically breeding red tinted cows to try to force a prophecy to happen.