The struggle within

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lenardzw

Senior Member
Jul 31, 2015
425
22
18
[FONT=&quot]"But I need something more! For if I know the law but still can't keep it, and if the power of sin within me keeps sabotaging my best intentions, I obviously need help! I realize that I don't have what it takes. I can will it, but I can't do it. I decide to do good, but I don't really do it; I decide not to do bad, but then I do it anyway. My decisions, such as they are, don't result in actions. Something has gone wrong deep within me and gets the better of me every time.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] It happens so regularly that it's predictable. The moment I decide to do good, sin is there to trip me up. I truly delight in God's commands, but it's pretty obvious that not all of me joins in that delight. Parts of me covertly rebel, and just when I least expect it, they take charge" [Romans 7: 17 - 23,MSG][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
​
Oh how I long for this tempest to end​
For most of my life I considered him friend​
This raging within, the fight to be free​
Yes, die he must, but this means the death of me​
If the truth be told, he has to go​
It’s not that easy, believe me, I know​
For the one that needs to perish you see​
This selfish, vile, trouble-maker is me​
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]