The Three Earth Ages

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 17, 2010
just ignore Cobus. He derails every thread he joins: spreading his vile theology, and causing dissension as he goes.
LT show me one thing I said, that is not 100% Scriptural, and I will provide the Scripture on the subject I adressed... just ONE THING...

You will be busy forever with this, so ignore all you like, the only TRUTH I share with you, is straight from GOD'S Word... so ignore God's Word all you like, just stop pretending you are saved.... Without the Truth NO PERSON CAN GET SAVED....

It is this EXACT WORD I PREACH that MADE ME FREE. So my freedom of GOD'S Word should be ignored... WOW!

LT I LOVE YOU TOO MUCH TO EVER IGNORE YOU.

L

LT

LT show me one thing I said, that is not 100% Scriptural, and I will provide the Scripture on the subject I adressed... just ONE THING...

You will be busy forever with this, so ignore all you like, the only TRUTH I share with you, is straight from GOD'S Word... so ignore God's Word all you like, just stop pretending you are saved.... Without the Truth NO PERSON CAN GET SAVED....

It is this EXACT WORD I PREACH that MADE ME FREE. So my freedom of GOD'S Word should be ignored... WOW!

LT I LOVE YOU TOO MUCH TO EVER IGNORE YOU.
this thread has gone from talking about genesis timelines to ... water baptism?!
that is why I spoke of derailing.
You ask for 1 thing unscriptural:

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.”

1. Notice that he say "be baptized", then later "ye shall receive the Holy Spirit". It is a process, not the same article. They are two separate events.

Acts 8:35-38 Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus. And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized? And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him."

2. How can you possibly explain this Scripture away? This is a clear example of how a baptism should take place.

Water baptism is based in Scripture alone. By taking the stance that denies the validity of water baptism, you have erred from Scripture.

K

Kerry

Cobus loves the merry go round. It was his favorite ride as a child. and still goes round and round. By the way LT he is sinless perfection. Just so you know.

L

LT

Cobus loves the merry go round. It was his favorite ride as a child. and still goes round and round. By the way LT he is sinless perfection. Just so you know.
I knew it was something different. Thanks for putting a name to it. Now I can go and find an ORGANIZED list of their beliefs, so I can understand where he's coming from.

Because I hate sounding devicive, but that doctrine just seems so against the Gospel that I get tense and feel compelled to defend the faith

Feb 17, 2010
LT you have to make a decision.... John the Baptist stands in the water and is busy baptizing people in water,.,.. And then he says this...I BAPTIZE WITH WATER.... An so did MANY others... even today.... BUT HE THAT COMES AFTER ME WILL BAPRIZE YOU WITH FIRE AND SPIRIT.... CLEARLY THERE ARE TWO BAPTISMS TALKE OF HERE.... But God says in EPHESIANS $ THERE IS ONLY ONE BAPTISM.... And ONE SPIRIT... Oh I see God does not even mention WATER in this ONE ONE ONE....

So if God only ACKNOWLEDGE ONE BAPTISM... Which baptism are you going to preach? Water or FIRE AND SPIRIT?

I will preach the FIRE AND SPIRIT... and if you choose water, one of us will preach God's will and the other his own will... We will let teh people dicide who preach Truth and who preach lies....

This is an important issue becasue the water baptism that IS NOT NECCASARY FOR RECEIVING THE SPIRIT, divided so many churches it is not even funny! And NONE of these churches that baptize with water, lay hands on people and they recieve the Holy Spirit... oh they MIMMICK it, but it is the people God says... have a FORM of Godliness but htey denied the POWER thereof... Look at Benni Hinn, man that is just SICK! Show me ONE person just one person, that rose from the water, withv the Holy Spirit in him...

When Philip helped the Eunoch Philip was baptizing the Eunoch with the WORD OF GOD... And when Philip baptized the Eunoch with water, Philip was baptizing with WATER. Philip did the same with Samaria, and Simon was the proof WATER DOES NOT SAVE!!!!

Eph 4:4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;
Eph 4:5 One Lord, one faith,
one baptism,
Eph 4:6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

Feb 17, 2010
Lt as long as You use Scripture I am willing to swing your way.... But I have ONLY used the Word of God to reproof your every doctrine to be FALSE and lacking TRUTH!

Cornelius was the FIRST man to receive the Holy Spirit without a water baptism... AFTER HIM THERE WERE MILLIONS THROUGH THE AGES.... MILLIONS....

Gentiles should NEVER adopted a JEWISH TRADITON... WATER BAPTISM IS ONE OF MANY JEWISH TRADITIONS...

Holy Spirit baptism. ANNOINTING, SATURATION, SALVATION IN TRUTH AND WORD... Is not a Jewish tradition, It is a GODLY GIFT TO THE ONES THAT OVERCOMETH, TO THEONES THAT ENDURE TO THE END...

Water baptism was the BEGINNING for the JEWS! If you note, the ones they baptizes with water were added TO BE SAVED... they were not saved, they were added to discipleship TO BE SAVED... the BEGINNING OF REPENT AND BE BAPTIZED... But then they will have to endure to the end and OVERCOMETH ALL SIN.. Only then they will INHERIT HOLY SPIRIT...

Water has not saved a single person since the BAPTISM OF CHRIST ARRIVED... and a person that is not BAPTIZED WITH CHRIST IS NOT SAVED....

E

eternally-gratefull

just ignore Cobus. He derails every thread he joins: spreading his vile theology, and causing dissension as he goes.

There are many dating methods. The problem is that none of the dating methods agree (agreement is within 1% of the timetable) with the outcomes of other dating methods, for objects over 7000 years old (they are rarely within 20%).

There are no dating methods that are accurate any further than 2400 years. Many claim they are, but the truth is, you can date the same object the same way 5 times and you will always get 5 different answers. I have never seen any of the methods get the same back to back readings for any objects past 4000 years.

There are several problems for those dating objects. The 1st one is assuming the environment of the original fossil is the same environment as today. 2nd is assuming the conditions of fossilization. 3rd is assuming a steady rate of decay.

The Biblical worldview includes a global flood. Water damage is never figured into dating methods. There would be immense pressure under the weight of a global flood. Pressure is never figured into dating methods. Vapor canopy theory allows for an entirely different environment for earth prior to the flood.
Amen Bro,

It is sad the church is trying to make Scripture try to fit percieved scientific data. Instead of trying to make science agree with scripture.

We now have old earth theologians and local flood theologians.. What ever happened to sticking to the true literal meaning of the word of God??

E

eternally-gratefull

Cobus you done derailed a thread again, Whats up with that man??

L

LT

Cornelius was the FIRST man to receive the Holy Spirit without a water baptism... AFTER HIM THERE WERE MILLIONS THROUGH THE AGES.... MILLIONS....
and this is why you are wrong. The Holy Spirit baptism is SEPARATE from the water baptism. You have put too much emphasis on one unclear verse(Eph 4:5) and now you lose sight of the rest of Scripture.

Acts10:44 While Peter was still speaking these words, the Holy Spirit came on all who heard the message. 45 The circumcised believers who had come with Peter were astonished that the gift of the Holy Spirit had been poured out even on Gentiles. 46 For they heard them speaking in tongues[b] and praising God.
Then Peter said, 47 “Surely no one can stand in the way of their being baptized with water. They have received the Holy Spirit just as we have.” 48 So he ordered that they be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ.

Look how they are baptized in the Spirit, and Peter then COMMANDS that they be baptized again in water. This is clear. There are dozens of verses to back this up.
Ephesians 4:5 is not saying that there is only Spirit or only water baptism, but is talking about church unity! Look at the context. Ephesians 4:5 is talking about men who deviate from the faith, and begin preaching a new baptism that is not in Scripture (such as Sinless Perfection).
One Body, one Spirit, one hope, one Lord, one baptism, one God.

Feb 17, 2010
Eg who mentioned BAPTISM first on this thread? And who mentiond perfection firt on this thread? Guilty conscience? ON FALSE accusations... I think NOT! Guilty concience for OBEYING GOD to reproof? I think NOT!

I been falsely accused right here on this thread for ANSWERING Zone and KERRY and LT, I did not start with batism or prfection, but with LET GOD SPEAK TO THE HEART OF THE OP... Then people did not like my comment and they said let us target Cobus rather.... Have you been baptized with the HOLY SPIRIT LT? Send me a pm with your experience, and you too Zone, please give me the doctrine of baptism according to Zone and LT... What about you EG or KERRY... SAhre with us all of your Holy Spriit baptism, please! Do it in a thread you start, as all you had to do is ask... Cobus please leve this thread, specially the OP... Let the OP manage his/her own thead... I have to show your lies! My duty to reproof with scripture....

LT I alsways saw you believe in two Baptisms, and GOD SAY ONE!.. So orry I beleive God not LT...

Expose, reproof and rebuke with truth, it is a COMMAND of GOD. MY GOD the GOD OF THE WORD.. who says... there is ONE BAPTISM...

E

eternally-gratefull

and this is why you are wrong. The Holy Spirit baptism is SEPARATE from the water baptism. You have put too much emphasis on one unclear verse(Eph 4:5) and now you lose sight of the rest of Scripture.

Acts10:44 While Peter was still speaking these words, the Holy Spirit came on all who heard the message. 45 The circumcised believers who had come with Peter were astonished that the gift of the Holy Spirit had been poured out even on Gentiles. 46 For they heard them speaking in tongues[b] and praising God.
Then Peter said, 47 “Surely no one can stand in the way of their being baptized with water. They have received the Holy Spirit just as we have.” 48 So he ordered that they be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ.

Look how they are baptized in the Spirit, and Peter then COMMANDS that they be baptized again in water. This is clear. There are dozens of verses to back this up.
Ephesians 4:5 is not saying that there is only Spirit or only water baptism, but is talking about church unity! Look at the context. Ephesians 4:5 is talking about men who deviate from the faith, and begin preaching a new baptism that is not in Scripture (such as Sinless Perfection).
One Body, one Spirit, one hope, one Lord, one baptism, one God.
i would respond with more, But do not want to derail this thread anymore. but amen and amen bro

E

eternally-gratefull

Eg who mentioned BAPTISM first on this thread? And who mentiond perfection firt on this thread? Guilty conscience? ON FALSE accusations... I think NOT! Guilty concience for OBEYING GOD to reproof? I think NOT!

I been falsely accused right here on this thread for ANSWERING Zone and KERRY and LT, I did not start with batism or prfection, but with LET GOD SPEAK TO THE HEART OF THE OP... Then people did not like my comment and they said let us target Cobus rather.... Have you been baptized with the HOLY SPIRIT LT? Send me a pm with your experience, and you too Zone, please give me the doctrine of baptism according to Zone and LT... What about you EG or KERRY... SAhre with us all of your Holy Spriit baptism, please! Do it in a thread you start, as all you had to do is ask... Cobus please leve this thread, specially the OP... Let the OP manage his/her own thead... I have to show your lies! My duty to reproof with scripture....

LT I alsways saw you believe in two Baptisms, and GOD SAY ONE!.. So orry I beleive God not LT...

Expose, reproof and rebuke with truth, it is a COMMAND of GOD. MY GOD the GOD OF THE WORD.. who says... there is ONE BAPTISM...

You started with having a heart, And spirit. etc etc. Which had nothing to do with the thread. This caused a response from zone and others then it went downhill from there.

G

Graybeard

Like this ONE MAN ARMY?....
And when his disciples James and John saw this, they said, Lord, wilt thou that we command fire to come down from heaven, and consume them, even as Elias did?
Luk 9:55 But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of.
Luk 9:56 For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them. And they went to another village.
Luk 9:57 And it came to pass, that, as they went in the way, a certain man said unto him, Lord, I will follow thee whithersoever thou goest.
Luk 9:58 And Jesus said unto him, Foxes have holes, and birds of the air have nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay his head.

One of the SADDEST moments in the Bible.... Jesus was so alone here, He is GOD IN FLESH, on HIS CREATED EARTH and yet he is not welcome in a SINGLE HOME... He did not even had a single place to lay his head. WOW!

Jesus was not welcome and could not get permission to lay his head down on ANY MAN'S PROPERTY in this whole earth... WOW!
And it was also eveident a bit later.... HE was a ONE MAN ARMY, until He died on the cross.... So I guess I will also be a "One man army" until I am DEAD IN YOUR EYES... Maybe only then WILL GOD RESURRECT CHRIST IN ME, Or is it that CHRIST IS RESURRECTED IN ME and the sinners are CRUCIFYING HIM AGAIN...

LT, this challenge is for you, SHOW ME ONE THING I TYPED THAT IS NOT 100% Scrptural... And I will GIVE THE SCRIPTURE..

One BIG difference Cobus...YOU are NOT JESUS!....