The tooth fairy

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Oct 29, 2021
Roman Catholicism has feast days to remember saints. St. Nicholas' falls in December.
Deep. There's actually a Russian Orthodox Church dedicated to Nicholas in Seattle. It's really Russian Orthodox (or so it says, I've never been inside). The architecture is exactly like the Kremlin architecture in Moscow. By the way, the Kremlin was built as Saint Basil's. Nicholas and Basil were both czars of Russia, back before the 1917 revolution.

I_am_Canadian

Dec 8, 2014
Come to think of it, the term or name Santa Clause is probably some kind of old world or Catholic thing. It's related to Christmas, and you could be saying, "oh, so you're a Christian believer? Really, well who's the saint?" And saint might just mean, who in people got you convinced of that, because at the end of the day, Christianity is really very much a people's religion, a really big major point of order in Christendom is that Jesus was also a human being.
Well first of all the resurrection of Jesus Christ and the miracles he did were attributed to his th as the Son of God, Jesus was not just a man but God almighty in the flesh.
Second the history of Santa Clause began with Saint Nicolas a bishop of Asia Minor who would go around dropping bags of gold down the chimneys of poor people.

It's making deity out of a man who was not the only begotten Son of God, And creating a secular pagan God from someone who was following after Jesus Christ, which is now attributed to consumerism and greed.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
tooth fairy not really a saint though

more like a magician?
Gives money instead of gifts
I would think a more appropriate gift for a loose tooth would be...maybe a piece of cheese, or...a breath mint?

and what does the fairy actually do with all the loose teeth. Keep them as a collection? Or use them to cast spells, like witches are said to take toenail clippings possibly for DNA evidence. I dont know. I wouldnt want to lull children into a false sense of security.

Maybe you want to be honest and tell the truth, like telling them santa breaks into the house at night and extorts parents money and drugs while he leaves them toys they ordered to keep children happy and distracted while the adults are off carousing.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
There should also be a hair fairy, that when everytime you lose a hair, or it turns white, you get compensation.

Robertt

May 22, 2019
Bahrain
never told my kids the lies of Tooth fairy. santa and easster bunny. but we always gave them money for tooth falling out and told them mum and dad love you. same for easter we have chocolate. and at christmas gave presents

Beckie

Feb 15, 2022
Never could understand parents teaching reinforcing a lie. yet we did Christmas

I_am_Canadian

Dec 8, 2014
Many children who have lost a baby tooth put it under their pillow in the evening. And in the morning, they find a coin in the tooth's place. An alternative version of the ritual is that the tooth can be put not under the pillow but in a glass next to toothbrushes and pastes in the bathroom. This, of course, is done to simplify the process of replacing a tooth with a coin at night without disturbing the child. Here is a miracle that happens not without the help of caring parents. The ritual appeared to praise the child for his patience and reward him for overcoming another step towards adulthood. Someone rewards their children for tooth feeling at home, and someone for pulling out a tooth.
Than the simplest thing to do is to hand the kid cash when they yank the tooth out of their mouth.

Willow

Oct 10, 2021
ohio
For those parents on here I have a question, do you give your children money when they lose a tooth and say its from the tooth fairy?

What do they spend the money on?

And also do you give your children lollies or candies as a treat, doesnt this help them lose even more teeth?

I was talking with a 7 year old girl and she said she got money from her teeth. She was going to spend this money on lollies. Which would help her lose even more teeth. Is it acceptable for children to eat lots of lollies or candy just because thye are going to lose their teeth anyway? Im thinking of future dentist bills....one they turn 18 its not going to be free..and its not cheap!
Here in the US it is crazy what kids get for their teeth. Some get from 5-20 dollars. I was blessed to get a quarter ,lol. I think many don't just buy more candy here for that amount of money. As for myself I bought candy , water balloons, army men with parachutes, etc.
I gave my kids a quarter or 50 cents. They used it in gumball machines buying rubber balls or sticky toys that adhere to your car window.

Attachments

Beckie

Feb 15, 2022
Although we did not push the tooth fairy thing . the kids would get a dime or quarter under their pillow .We put a fast stop to the tooth fairy when our daughter started to wiggle her good sound teeth ! She lost a front tooth playing around so she got over paid.

I_am_Canadian

Dec 8, 2014
Here in the US it is crazy what kids get for their teeth. Some get from 5-20 dollars. I was blessed to get a quarter ,lol. I think many don't just buy more candy here for that amount of money. As for myself I bought candy , water balloons, army men with parachutes, etc.
I gave my kids a quarter or 50 cents. They used it in gumball machines buying rubber balls or sticky toys that adhere to your car window.
Well that explains Americas debt lol.
So you paid your kids for their teeth, and then they bought candy which leads to cavities because of the sugar which you then have to spend hundreds of dollars on a dentist for to fill the cavities.

I in all honesty dont remember what I did with my tooth fairy money, i remember 1 year mom told me to throw out the tooth and put the toonie under my pillow so my brothers would think the tooth fairy came.

No my relatives are not saved, I wasnt even saved at that time. Thats one of the reasons i have trouble with public profession of faith, i worry that if my parents could make a fool out of me lying about santa and the tooth fairy than someone could make a fool put of me with the existance of God.

Willow

Oct 10, 2021
ohio
Well that explains Americas debt lol.
So you paid your kids for their teeth, and then they bought candy which leads to cavities because of the sugar which you then have to spend hundreds of dollars on a dentist for to fill the cavities.

I in all honesty dont remember what I did with my tooth fairy money, i remember 1 year mom told me to throw out the tooth and put the toonie under my pillow so my brothers would think the tooth fairy came.

No my relatives are not saved, I wasnt even saved at that time. Thats one of the reasons i have trouble with public profession of faith, i worry that if my parents could make a fool out of me lying about santa and the tooth fairy than someone could make a fool put of me with the existance of God.
I personally at 53 still have every tooth except one. I lost it in an accident years back after flying off a cart at my work. I ate pavement and the only issue I had was one shattered tooth and headaches for awhile.I just got my first filling last year.People are in debt because they borrow instead of waiting on God. Plus think they want alot they do not need. I don't worry about professing my faith in public. As far as my children went they really didn't get much candy ,actually not many sweets. I guess it is ok to assume americans are all the same ;)

I_am_Canadian

Dec 8, 2014
I personally at 53 still have every tooth except one. I lost it in an accident years back after flying off a cart at my work. I ate pavement and the only issue I had was one shattered tooth and headaches for awhile.I just got my first filling last year.People are in debt because they borrow instead of waiting on God. Plus think they want alot they do not need. I don't worry about professing my faith in public. As far as my children went they really didn't get much candy ,actually not many sweets. I guess it is ok to assume americans are all the same ;)
I am sorry to hear that how are you doing now? That is so true, not all Americans are the same its the christians that make america great

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
uh.

america is a huge continent, so big the map makers divided it into North and South

North America and South America

People seem to have this idea that the united states of america is all there is to America, but Im pretty sure theres lots of countries further south to those and one above them called Canada. They just didnt want to join the United States club but they are still part of America.

yea. Maybe you already know this, but I just know people from South America get annoyed with people from the US claiming to speak for ALL of America

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
And double annoying is frequently when any US people jump on to my threads it becomes all about their country. But what has the US go to do with the TOOTH FAIRY?!

Lets ask the Mexicans who celebrate day of the dead what they think the tooth fairy represents Im thinking they may get a lot more money for their candy skulls.

I_am_Canadian

Dec 8, 2014
uh.

america is a huge continent, so big the map makers divided it into North and South

North America and South America

People seem to have this idea that the united states of america is all there is to America, but Im pretty sure theres lots of countries further south to those and one above them called Canada. They just didnt want to join the United States club but they are still part of America.

yea. Maybe you already know this, but I just know people from South America get annoyed with people from the US claiming to speak for ALL of America
Actually its 3, north america is the continent consisting of USA, canada and mexico, central america are all the islands south of mexico and smaller countries towards peru.
South america is the larger section of the continent at the far south with brazil, peru and other countries on that part of the continent.

Really just because it is called the north central or southern american continent doesnt mean america had anything to do with it.

It could be part of it, it definately doesnt make all those countries a part of america.

Besides if everyone became american, than america wouldnt have anything to conquor lol

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
huh now you confusing me

What about west america and East America?