The Tribulation and the Church, WHEN?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 28, 2016
Sorry, I've already looked at that many times. The "overspreading of abominations" is identified in Dan.12:11 as the abomination being set up on a wing of the temple, i.e. the Holy place. That's why I included Dan.12:11 in the previous post which supports what Dan.9:27 says. I'm even using the KJV version below since you seem to be partial to that.

"And from the time that the daily sacrifice is taken away, and the abomination of desolation is set up, there shall be one thousand two hundred and ninety days."

"So when you see standing in the holy place ‘the abomination of desolation,’ described by the prophet Daniel (let the reader understand), then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains.
Not so much as a wing of the temple but the whole temple "what the eyes see" (Not a source of faith) . The pagan form of government temporally given over to the faithless Jews that were used to represent faithless mankind. Who because the their jealousy of the surrounding pagan nations they refused to have a unseen King rule over them according to his words of faith, written in a book .
Taking away the spiritual understanding of the gospel. Having it rather as after the things of men seen rather than the unseen Holy place. . . the things of God .

The time of reformation had came. As a object lesson used as a parable Jesus walked out of the temple( Mathew 24). As the architect and builder Christ understood its temporal purposes as demonstration of the abomination of desolation .

The time of reformation had come the veil was rent opening the way to faith in all nations Christ in us working with us. . The symbol of the abomination of desecration served it one time purpose. Today from that day he last walked out ( Mathew 24) believers are the temple of our living God ( unseen) . The holy place of his hidden glory . He dwells in us. . not in temples made with corrupted human hands . Even the Son of man Jesus refused to stand in that place called the abomination of desolation. He understood it was impossible to please two masters he gave glory to the unseen father. as a representative glory. Just as assigned to the church.

Luke 18:17-19 King James Version (KJV Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child shall in no wise enter therein. And a certain ruler asked him, saying, Good Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life? And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? none is good, save one, that is, God

To show the meaning was hid in that parable in Mathew 24. Walking out of the temple revealing it a curse, standing in the holy unseen place of God's glory . When he did walk out verse 1 and they asked him like . . . . do you not have eyes. .?. were you sleeping? pay attention lets do it again (walk by sight). They desired he return for a second look... his face set like a flint for the mountains and would not look back as did Lot's wife. He moved the idea of gates of His kingdom from the valley, Judah and were restored to on a high mountain indicating all the kingdoms of the world, as the King of kings, kingdoms or sects. They will become his kingdom in the new heavens and earth .

Matthew 24 King James Version (KJV)And Jesus went out, and departed from the temple: and his disciples came to him for to shew him the buildings of the temple.And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
I need to EDIT this part, where I had said (in the bold):

[*can apply to both the ONE BODY NOW, or even to those of Israel, in Israel's FUTURE aspects "[those of Israel] WHO WILL BELIEVE"--IOW, either way, "the Israel of God" is speaking of "those OF ISRAEL who BELIEVE/WILL BELIEVE" (it is not speaking of "Gentiles" who believe and then "become Israel" by virtue of faith. This is NOT what Gal6:16 is conveying, nor what Rom2:29 is speaking of)]
...meant to say: " * can apply to those of the nation of Israel who came [had come] or come to faith NOW [in this present age], or even to those of Israel, in Israel's FUTURE aspects..."

...sorry, got sidetracked and had to post-haste[/-hastily :D ]

[in either respect, "the Israel of God" is "those OF ISRAEL who BELIEVED/BELIEVE/WILL BELIEVE"--that is its context, here in the phrase "the Israel of God"... those of Israel [the nation of Israel] who BELIEVED/BELIEVE]

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
Sorry, in my Post #160 (pg 8), instead of saying "As I see it, Amos 8:2 should be read with vv.7-15 also in mind;" it should read: "As I see it, Amos 8:2 should be read with 9:7-15 also in mind;" (referring instead to the following chpt, after Amos 8)

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
Also, in my Post #165 (pg 9), I need to correct it to say (instead): "[see again Amos 9:7-15--and keeping in mind what I'd put about Rom9:26/Hos1:10! (re: Isr's "future")]"

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
The following pertains to that subject (meaning, the aspect regarding "the OLIVE Tree" [not the "fig tree" we were also discussing]).

[quoting my past posts on this]

I'm looking for a different quote by George V Wigram... but (in the meantime) in its place, I'll just post this brief portion also by him (note the phrase "God's governmental ways on earth," which is what I believe Roman's 11's "olive tree" represents):

[quoting]

"Gen. 27:29 [Isaac blessing Jacob]. Let peoples (gamnzim, pl.), serve thee and [manners or sorts of ] nations (l'ummim, pl.) bow down to thee: be lord [a mighty man] over thy brethren.

"Observe, this would not run the source of the division of people back to Shem, Ham and Japhet, so as to make the word to be equivalent to what we call the races of people, in connection with the Noahic earth, who constitute the whole human family. The subdivision here alluded to took place in the family of Isaac, type of the heir of promise, not earlier; and the heads of this subdivision are brought before us in Rom. 9 All God's ways and subdivisions are to be noted."

[also]

"f Israel is the goh'y of experience, promise, blessing on the earth; the center of all God's governmental ways on earth; but in saying that, I look at them from outside and as one whole. When they are owned as gammi, my people, their detailed state and associations within is the aspect in which they are considered."
--George V Wigram

http://bibletruthpublishers.com/heb...t-testimony-psalms-article/g-v-wigram/la61041

[quoting that other article]

"[re: Romans 11] In Jesus Christ, if the question be about Christian position, eternal life, or the Church considered in her essential relationship to Christ, there was neither Jew nor Gentile; the thoughts found in this chapter [Romans 11] can THERE have no place. If the question be about the cutting off of an individual for sinful conduct, little matters it whether he be Jew or Gentile; that has nothing to do with it, and on the other hand, there would be no question about grafting in again of the Jews more than of any others, and neither Jews nor others could be grafted in, if God had cut them off in such a manner. And if it were a question about a warning from the Apostle to Christians at Rome, and so to others elsewhere, as being brethren, it would be almost nonsense to say, " And thou, O Gentile, take heed!" Why, thou, O Gentile? Had not Christians, Jews by birth, as much need to take heed? Or could the Spirit of God, in such a warning, have made the distinction, and thus denied the principle of, the Church of God in which there is neither Jew nor Gentile? If the question is about a divine administration upon earth, then God can well make the distinction and develop his ways towards the one and the other; and it is plain that from the commencement of the ninth chapter the Apostle is occupied with and pointedly contrasts the Jews and the Gentiles, presenting us with the administration of the divine ways upon the earth. First declaring his attachment to Israel, he points out an election in the election for the earth, and further, that if God according to his sovereignty had chosen Israel (and such was Israel's boast), He had not renounced His sovereignty; and consequently, He could call the Gentiles if he would. Then he recalls to mind that the prophets had shown that a little remnant only, of Israel, at such an epoch, would be saved, and that a stone of stumbling would be laid in Zion."

-- Thoughts on Romans 11 and the Responsibility of the Church, Present Testimony: Volume 4 George V. Wigram

http://bibletruthpublishers.com/tho...the-church/present-testimony-volume-4/la85282

[end quoting; bold and underline mine]

Nov 23, 2013
Here is where I disagree, and this is also explained [somewhat] in the article I supplied at link.

I showed, that Gal6:16 is the ONLY [ONE] verse in which all "covenant theology" proponents agree on (when they say they think the phase "the Israel of God" there is speaking of "the Church"--it isn't!)

The reason I say it is NOT speaking of "the Church which is His body" (as a whole) is due to how the verse is written, with other phrasing between "[peace] be UPON them" and "and UPON the Israel of God" (the "between" phrase, separating the two, being "and mercy"). If it had been written, "be UPON them, AND [/EVEN] UPON the Israel of God," then conceivably they could be referring to ONE and THE SAME [entity, for lack of a better way of saying it], b/c the word "AND" can mean "EVEN" (as though, it is REPEATING the same item in another way),

...but here an intervening phrase is injected, to show that they [the TWO "UPONs"] are distinct... "[peace] be UPON them" speaks of the portion of the Church which is His body that is made up of Gentiles, whereas "AND UPON the Israel of God" is zeroing in on the portion of the Church which is His body which consists of "THOSE OF [nation of] ISRAEL who BELIEVED!" (Yes, they are * "ONE BODY"... but he is addressing them distinctly due to the context/subject matter of this specific passage)

[*can apply to both the ONE BODY NOW, or even to those of Israel, in Israel's FUTURE aspects "[those of Israel] WHO WILL BELIEVE"--IOW, either way, "the Israel of God" is speaking of "those OF ISRAEL who BELIEVE/WILL BELIEVE" (it is not speaking of "Gentiles" who believe and then "become Israel" by virtue of faith. This is NOT what Gal6:16 is conveying, nor what Rom2:29 is speaking of)]
My understanding is that all saved people whether they are Jew or Gentile, Old Testament saints or New Testament saints are the Israel of God. The other Israel being the flesh descendants.

I see your point but even so, the way you're looking at it, there is still a distinction between saved Israelites and flesh descendants. Amos 8 is not talking about saved Israelites, it's talking about being done with the nation of Israel. There always has been a remnant that will be saved.

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
My understanding is that all saved people whether they are Jew or Gentile, Old Testament saints or New Testament saints are the Israel of God. The other Israel being the flesh descendants.

I see your point but even so, the way you're looking at it, there is still a distinction between saved Israelites and flesh descendants.
Correct, there is. I never suggested otherwise. ;)

But to grasp the "future" aspects (pertaining to "Israel"), one must not mis-step at just this point: that the passage (and passages) under discussion are speaking solely of "Israel" (the believing ones within the whole of the nation Israel); it is NOT addressing "Gentiles who come to faith" [as though they "BECOME Israel" or "BECOME the [so called] NEW Israel"]). Grasping this, then one can see the "future" aspects more clearly.

Amos 8 is not talking about saved Israelites, it's talking about being done with the nation of Israel. There always has been a remnant that will be saved.
Amos 8:2 (and 7:8) are speaking of not passing by [/SPARING] them, that is, they indeed got punishment, and were "scattered into the nations / led away captive into all the nations" (just as also Lk21:24b speaks of [See Amos 9:9]); but this is why I tried to point out the FURTHER passage of chpt 9:7-15 (and what IT is speaking of, in view of what chpts 7:8 and 8:2 are covering). See what 9:7-15 GOES ON to say.

I agree there is an earthly and a heavenly aspects of things, but I believe you are incorrectly viewing these (by how you are mis-stepping, here). I've mentioned before "the glory of God IN TWO SPHERES" (which I won't go into, here, as we are just covering the first things yet :) )

Nov 23, 2013
Correct, there is. I never suggested otherwise. ;)

But to grasp the "future" aspects (pertaining to "Israel"), one must not mis-step at just this point: that the passage (and passages) under discussion are speaking solely of "Israel" (the believing ones within the whole of the nation Israel); it is NOT addressing "Gentiles who come to faith" [as though they "BECOME Israel" or "BECOME the [so called] NEW Israel"]). Grasping this, then one can see the "future" aspects more clearly.

Amos 8:2 (and 7:8) are speaking of not passing by [/SPARING] them, that is, they indeed got punishment, and were "scattered into the nations / led away captive into all the nations" (just as also Lk21:24b speaks of [See Amos 9:9]); but this is why I tried to point out the FURTHER passage of chpt 9:7-15 (and what IT is speaking of, in view of what chpts 7:8 and 8:2 are covering). See what 9:7-15 GOES ON to say.

I agree there is an earthly and a heavenly aspects of things, but I believe you are incorrectly viewing these (by how you are mis-stepping, here). I've mentioned before "the glory of God IN TWO SPHERES" (which I won't go into, here, as we are just covering the first things yet :) )
What do you see as the future aspects of Israel? What is God going to use the nation of Israel for in the future?

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
What do you see as the future aspects of Israel? What is God going to use the nation of Israel for in the future?
Our "Rapture" (pertaining to "the Church which is His body") will be [one of] the primary IMPETUS which brings Israel to faith (FOLLOWING our Rapture), and it is THEY that the Olivet Discourse (esp. in the parts of it outside the "70ad section" of it [Lk21:12-24a]) who will be doing what is described therein, note especially 24:14[26:13] (which correlates, as I said, with the Matt22:8-14 section [whereas v7 is about the 70ad events (also the Lk19:41-44 words of Jesus)],

... which then correlates with the Rev1:1/7:3 "servants" being spoken of there, as well as the Dan12:1-4,10 (see what the "WISE [of Israel]" go on TO DO--and note this is not speaking of a "resurrection from being previously-DEAD" in this particular section (like v.13 is), but Israel "coming up out of the graveyard of nations, where scattered" [parallel Rom11:15, Ezek37:12-14,20-23, Isa26:16-21, Hos5:15-6:3, etc etc]).

In the Olivet Discourse, Jesus is speaking of [what leads up to] the promised and prophesied EARTHLY Millennial Kingdom (promised to Israel)... and it is THEY (after coming to faith WITHIN those years [FOLLOWING our Rapture]) who will be doing the "INVITING" of the Gentiles [TO the MK age] (and we see the RESULTS of that in both Matt25:31-34 and context, in Rev7:9-17, and Matt22:8-14, etc...). Their prior "scattering" [punishment] is what will [eventually (in the future TRIB yrs)] prove their "harvest" (so to speak) to be MORE PRODUCTIVE, if you will.

Matthew 24:14[26:13]'s msg is not what is going out presently ("invitation to the EARTHLY MK"), but is what will go out IN/DURING the trib yrs (FOLLOWING our Rapture).

bluto

Aug 4, 2016
Our "Rapture" (pertaining to "the Church which is His body") will be [one of] the primary IMPETUS which brings Israel to faith (FOLLOWING our Rapture), and it is THEY that the Olivet Discourse (esp. in the parts of it outside the "70ad section" of it [Lk21:12-24a]) who will be doing what is described therein, note especially 24:14[26:13] (which correlates, as I said, with the Matt22:8-14 section [whereas v7 is about the 70ad events (also the Lk19:41-44 words of Jesus)],

... which then correlates with the Rev1:1/7:3 "servants" being spoken of there, as well as the Dan12:1-4,10 (see what the "WISE [of Israel]" go on TO DO--and note this is not speaking of a "resurrection from being previously-DEAD" in this particular section (like v.13 is), but Israel "coming up out of the graveyard of nations, where scattered" [parallel Rom11:15, Ezek37:12-14,20-23, Isa26:16-21, Hos5:15-6:3, etc etc]).

In the Olivet Discourse, Jesus is speaking of [what leads up to] the promised and prophesied EARTHLY Millennial Kingdom (promised to Israel)... and it is THEY (after coming to faith WITHIN those years [FOLLOWING our Rapture]) who will be doing the "INVITING" of the Gentiles [TO the MK age] (and we see the RESULTS of that in both Matt25:31-34 and context, in Rev7:9-17, and Matt22:8-14, etc...). Their prior "scattering" [punishment] is what will [eventually (in the future TRIB yrs)] prove their "harvest" (so to speak) to be MORE PRODUCTIVE, if you will.

Matthew 24:14[26:13]'s msg is not what is going out presently ("invitation to the EARTHLY MK"), but is what will go out IN/DURING the trib yrs (FOLLOWING our Rapture).
Look, I disagree with your understanding of Matthew 24:14. I base this on, well starting at vs13 first. "But the one who endures to the "END," he shall be saved/delivered. In other words, only those who maintain a faithful spirit and a positive witness in the midst of the corruption of this age will be saved in the end.

Verse 14 is pointing out that the gospel of the kindgdom must be preached to all the inhabited world as an effective witness. It is the same gospel that Jesus, Peter, and Paul preached. (See Galatians 1:6-9.) This is the sign that believers must give their attention. And also notice that there will be believers on earth alive and waiting on the glorius day of the Lord's return, not some made up stage of a rapture.

Notice Matthew 24:15. Therefore WHEN YOU SEE THE ABOMNATION OF DESOLATION ETC. In other words, they/the believers are still on earth because Jesus says to look out for the antichrist. Jesus further tells us what to do, i.e flee to the mountains, hope it's not winter etc. He does not say your going to be raptured. The key is to act when you see the antichrist, vs15. And this is exactly what the Apostle John said at 1 John 2:18 to look out for the antichrist which is backing up what Jesus said. :eek:

IN GOD THE SON,
bluto

Jul 23, 2018

Almost the entire gt is directed at bringing in his covenant people.
Jacobs/israels trouble

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
Look, I disagree with your understanding of Matthew 24:14. I base this on, well starting at vs13 first. "But the one who endures to the "END," he shall be saved/delivered. In other words, only those who maintain a faithful spirit and a positive witness in the midst of the corruption of this age will be saved in the end.

Verse 14 is pointing out that the gospel of the kindgdom must be preached to all the inhabited world as an effective witness. It is the same gospel that Jesus, Peter, and Paul preached. (See Galatians 1:6-9.) This is the sign that believers must give their attention. And also notice that there will be believers on earth alive and waiting on the glorius day of the Lord's return, not some made up stage of a rapture.

Notice Matthew 24:15. Therefore WHEN YOU SEE THE ABOMNATION OF DESOLATION ETC. In other words, they/the believers are still on earth because Jesus says to look out for the antichrist. This is exactly what the Apostle John said at 1 John 2:18 to look out for the antichrist which is backing up what Jesus said. :eek:
I'm saying that the entirety of the Olivet Discourse (except for the section of Lk21:12-24a, with b following on from there) is FUTURE to our Rapture (and not describing "US/the Church which is His body). The SEALS = "the beginning of birth PANGS" which FOLLOW our Rapture (not preceded it). Sure there will be those persons (having come to faith WITHIN the trib years) that are described as the "saints" of that future, limited, time period (which will have the biblically-defined "signs" and so forth). That is not "in this present age [singular]" (<--and this phrase is not to be equated with the phrase "the END [SINGULAR] of the AGE [SINGULAR]" that the disciples were asking Jesus about in Matt24:3 [and He was answering in 2 chpts], and which He had ALREADY spoken to them about in Matt13:24,30,39,40,49-50 [about "the kingdom OF THE heavenS" which is the promised and prophesied EARTHLY Millennial Kingdom, which will commence upon His "RETURN" there (that is, to the earth); see also Lk12:36-37,38,40 "when he will RETURN FROM the wedding..." THEN the meal!])

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
@ TheDivineWatermark

Where does Lk21:12-24a go from 70 AD to future?
Vv.8-11 are "future" (due to v.12's "BUT BEFORE ALL these [before all these 'beginning of birth pangs' just described in vv.8-11 (with vv.12-24a/b referring to the 70ad events and its aftermath)]";
and then ["future"] also from v.25--> forward (yes, even v.36! [not a Rapture verse!]),
as well as all ALL "Son of man cometh/coming/shall come/etc" passages [see v.27 in the context]).
IOW, our "Rapture" is NOT the Subject of Jesus' Olivet Discourse.

Hope that helps. :)

Jul 23, 2018

I see your point but even so, the way you're looking at it, there is still a distinction between saved Israelites and flesh descendants. Amos 8 is not talking about saved Israelites, it's talking about being done with the nation of Israel. There always has been a remnant that will be saved.
You may want to take a look at verses that are contrary to rt.
19 Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be grafted in.
20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:
21 For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.
22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.
23 And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be grafted in: for God is able to graft them in again.
24 For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert grafted contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be grafted into their own olive tree?
25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.
26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:
Taken from rom 11

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
Almost the entire gt is directed at bringing in his covenant people.
Jacobs/israels trouble
I'm saying that, yes,... ALL of the Olivet Discourse is about Israel.

--only Lk21:12-24a/b, OF the Olivet Discourse, is about the events of 70ad

--the rest is "far-future" (the future, specific, limited time period aka the tribulation period [7-yrs])

--NONE of it is covering the Subject of our "Rapture" (which was revealed and explained elsewhere [NOT in the Olivet Discourse]); The Olivet Discourse is concerning the promised and prophesied EARTHLY Millennial Kingdom (and the specific, limited time-period PRECEDING it, with its [the earthly MK's] commencement upon His "RETURN" to the earth)

preston39

Dec 18, 2017
Some do,some don't
Some take parts,build around those parts.
The bible has "many uses"
Those with false doctrine claim strict adherence to the bible
WOW...those who do not comply with scripture is the false doctrine.

Nov 23, 2013
Vv.8-11 are "future" (due to v.12's "BUT BEFORE ALL these [before all these 'beginning of birth pangs' just described in vv.8-11 (with vv.12-24a/b referring to the 70ad events and its aftermath)]";
and then ["future"] also from v.25--> forward (yes, even v.36! [not a Rapture verse!]),
as well as all ALL "Son of man cometh/coming/shall come/etc" passages [see v.27 in the context]).
IOW, our "Rapture" is NOT the Subject of Jesus' Olivet Discourse.

Hope that helps. :)
I'm trying to follow your thinking on this, so I have another question. :)
Where does verse 6 come in, AD70 or later?

Luk 21:6 As for these things which ye behold, the days will come, in the which there shall not be left one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.

Nov 23, 2013
You may want to take a look at verses that are contrary to rt.
19 Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be grafted in.
20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:
21 For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.
22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.
23 And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be grafted in: for God is able to graft them in again.
24 For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert grafted contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be grafted into their own olive tree?
25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.
26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:
Taken from rom 11
I'm not sure what point you're making.
Are you pointing out "the fulness of the Gentiles be come in"?
Or "all Israel shall be saved"?
Or something else?