The "uneducated" Bible Thread

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

kinda

Jun 26, 2013
Well that weird. Os I visited a widow who belonged to a pentecostal church and her young son was playing this shooting game while we were practising guitar. He was very polite and well mannered too and I asked him did what did he think of those shooting games. He goes oh I would not do it in real life. I said really what are they based on then, and what do you think of people that really shoot other people. But i just left it at that, he was very young so wasnt aware that he was kinda being brainwashed by a game. If his dad was there I wonder if he would have said anything. Or if his dad was there they might have been playing an actual real game than a virtual one.

Its like people that play monopoly, all their worst traits come out when they play it cos people succumb to greed, and love lf money which is what the game teaches. But they arent really aware of this and have no clue, they just think its fun.
You and I are just opposites in thinking. Monopoly teaches people about money, finance, and business. These skills come in handy in life. Don't really like the game any more, but it does teach people about budgeting. If you don't think so, try landing on Boardwalk when there is a red hotel there.

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
But mommmmm! lol. How are you today Lafftur?
It's a good day, kinda! My flesh is dying but it is well with my soul. lol! :giggle::love:(y)

I'm learning to keep leaning, never walk alone....

How are you? :unsure::love:

kinda

Jun 26, 2013
Good. God teaches me things all the time. Got to have Faith!

Jesus is the best life insurance. Bam!

P

pottersclay

I'm just afraid that those that believe no trials will come to them because the believe in an early rapture, they will loose faith when their life is on the line for their faith in Jesus. It's a very dangerous teaching (pre-trib rapture) in my book, but the pastor at Calvary said, "It will be a pan tribulation, it will just pan out". This is after going back and forth with Bible verses. Calvary Chapel teaches it like a forgone conclusion in church, but when you question it, and talk to the pastor; "It will just pan out". They showed the Left Behind movie in church and etc.

Your quote, "I'll explain on the way up" is exactly what I'm talking about. It assumes your right. If that's your view great, but that is why I left Calvary Chapel. When a church starts playing movies during Bible study, that's when I leave the church. Kirk Cameron was great in Family Ties, but not in understanding end times. Just my opinion.
My point was saint that I don't care what trib you believe in its not a salvation issue. I would not distance you from me for that.
The same with things like Saturday or Sunday worship, dietary law and so on. As long as your focus is on the King of Kings we can hang.😊😊😊😊

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
You and I are just opposites in thinking. Monopoly teaches people about money, finance, and business. These skills come in handy in life. Don't really like the game any more, but it does teach people about budgeting. If you don't think so, try landing on Boardwalk when there is a red hotel there.
Budgeting?! You got to be joking. It teaches you that you can win second prize in a beauty contest and get money. And get out of jail free. You dont even have a trial or anything. Why are people being put in jail in monopoly anyway? They just get told to go there. Very strange.

kinda

Jun 26, 2013
1563522389559.jpeg
This thread is like this train.....derailed.

Well, I appreciated all the responses, and glad people shared. Don't give up hope and keep the Faith!

G

Godsgirl83

O.k., what about the beginning? When did you find out you just don't belong to the mainstream of the Christian church?
I started typing to answer this and realized I had the first couple chapters to a book, lol. So if you want me to fill in the blanks with more detail, shoot me a PM (unless you are unable, then let me know and I'll shoot you one....)
So, life story aside........
When did I find out I just don't belong to mainstream of Christian church???
:unsure::unsure::unsure:
I'd have to say after being raised in and outta church my whole life....... a little over 10 years ago.
When I REALLY began to know the POWER of Jesus Christ in my life. Not just the what has been taught about through the years, but actually KNOW IT and began to KNOW HIM personally, not just about Him. Have been to church a few times since, but not a weekly "home church".
And before I get hounded with questions like:
"what about Hebrews 10:25, 'not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together' "
I would just like to point somethings out:

verse 25 is the MIDDLE of the sentence/thought. Back up to verse 24

"And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works,"
followed by the REST of verse 25
"but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching."

I've experienced MORE of Christ OUTSIDE the four walls of a church building. More of His power, more building of one another up through daily fellowship with other believers (sorry but I CAN NOT use the term "Christian" though sometimes I still do b/c it's what people hear/understand better, but we're told in Mark 16 that "these things follow those that believe", Not these things follow those who call themselves Christians......)

Sorry Kinda, hope this isn't derailing your thread again.
So, yeah, to sum up my answer to your first question......
"When did I first discover I don't belong to the mainstream of the Christian church?"
Well, if by mainstream, you mean modern day churches that tickle your ears and make EVERYONE FEEL good but doesn't apply His power and get changed lives for His glory..... then
a little over 10 years ago.
Blessings,
GG

kinda

Jun 26, 2013
I started typing to answer this and realized I had the first couple chapters to a book, lol. So if you want me to fill in the blanks with more detail, shoot me a PM (unless you are unable, then let me know and I'll shoot you one....)
So, life story aside........
When did I find out I just don't belong to mainstream of Christian church???
:unsure::unsure::unsure:
I'd have to say after being raised in and outta church my whole life....... a little over 10 years ago.
When I REALLY began to know the POWER of Jesus Christ in my life. Not just the what has been taught about through the years, but actually KNOW IT and began to KNOW HIM personally, not just about Him. Have been to church a few times since, but not a weekly "home church".
And before I get hounded with questions like:
"what about Hebrews 10:25, 'not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together' "
I would just like to point somethings out:

verse 25 is the MIDDLE of the sentence/thought. Back up to verse 24

"And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works,"
followed by the REST of verse 25
"but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching."

I've experienced MORE of Christ OUTSIDE the four walls of a church building. More of His power, more building of one another up through daily fellowship with other believers (sorry but I CAN NOT use the term "Christian" though sometimes I still do b/c it's what people hear/understand better, but we're told in Mark 16 that "these things follow those that believe", Not these things follow those who call themselves Christians......)

Sorry Kinda, hope this isn't derailing your thread again.
So, yeah, to sum up my answer to your first question......
"When did I first discover I don't belong to the mainstream of the Christian church?"
Well, if by mainstream, you mean modern day churches that tickle your ears and make EVERYONE FEEL good but doesn't apply His power and get changed lives for His glory..... then
a little over 10 years ago.
Blessings,
GG
Yup, this is exactly what I was looking for. Someone who tried to do church, but it didn't work out. I was told those same verses when I left Calvary Chapel, but I managed to find some good friends while church hopping over the years. Yes, I would like to read a few chapters, will be sending a message shortly.

This train is bound for glory, this train!

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
I wanted to start a thread for the non-scholar, simple minded, that truly love the Bible, and the Faith. With friendly humor and a place where the misfits belong. You know who you are misfits. The Seventh Day Adventist, Messianic Believers, a non-mainstream voice, or no real identity with a church. If this sounds like you, this is your chance to share your faith in Christ and your understanding of scriptures. Please don't be dogmatic or overbearing. With that in mind, I'm not sure where to begin.

Let me think here.....

Still thinking....

Ummmm.....

O.k., what about the beginning? When did you find out you just don't belong to the mainstream of the Christian church?

I know there was many times things didn't really click for me going to the popular churches. For instance the pre-trib rapture that I was first indoctrinated with my early beginnings of going to Calvary Chapel. I was really interested in believing everything the church was teaching, but I just wanted to see the scriptures. When I asked the Bible teacher where the verses were, it didn't really make sense at all. So, I started on the path of the unknown finding the truth that made sense to me. The post tribulation rapture made much more sense to me, among other things.

That was really the doctrine that set my sails to the unknown. I was sorted of raptured out of blindly following the church to what it taught. No regrets! The path I went wasn't very clear, nor viewed by my friends, family, and fellow church goers as acceptable to say the least. Haven't really put all the pieces together as of yet, but I feel I'm better off setting my sails to the unknown. My walk with God has been a journey and always left pondering where I fit in.

Now your turn, I can keep going, but if there someone else out there the would like to share, the floor is yours so to speak.
God bless you.

Everyones walk is different, and churches are places of encouragement and fellowship.
Belonging to a group helps some, while others are more individualistic. Once you start
to get to know people, church can be a safe place, where the responses are predictable
and helpful.

It does not mean the pastor is "right", rather they bring a perspective God can use to
encourage us on. Without pastors, theologians, translaters we would not have got very
far in the faith. So seeing things as a blessing and a place to learn love and forgiveness
can be helpful.

Some need a quiet life, and simpler input. But finding ones level is the best.
I have been a church goer most of my life, but it is the Lord who founds everything, and
it is in this walk that things grow. Church is only a few hours on sunday and a few hours
one evening a week, not exactly high intensity. If this is too much, something else is
actually going on. God bless you.

kinda

Jun 26, 2013
God bless you.

Church is only a few hours on sunday and a few hours
one evening a week, not exactly high intensity. If this is too much, something else is
actually going on
. God bless you.
Absolutely! I wonder what people thought of John the Baptist, wasn't he living in the wilderness? Jesus had high remarks for him I believe.

I think he is the guy that got his head chopped off for coming in the city.

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
Absolutely! I wonder what people thought of John the Baptist, wasn't he living in the wilderness? Jesus had high remarks for him I believe.

I think he is the guy that got his head chopped off for coming in the city.
You are a child of God. Anything that encourages you in Jesus, Amen.
Some spend their days praying and interceding, others preaching, some reaching the poor
and destitute etc. It is for us to find that which God has called us to.

G

Godsgirl83

If this is too much, something else is
actually going on.
not always......
it may be a few hours a week, but what if those few hours are not truly teaching and changing lives? What if those few hours are only making an unsaved sinner worse? I mean yes, we should be feeling conviction for our sins; HOWEVER, what if that's ALL that is going on? What if those few hours there don't teach the person how Jesus has set them free? What if the POWER is starting to move in such a way as modern churches have NEVER seen but ugh-ohh.... it's 12 noon! Time to get to the closet buffet! We can't possibly give up lunch meetings b/c the Spirit wants to move in 1 or 2 people..........

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Is there a game called churchopoly. I wonder what that would be like.