The vanishing male

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
There are many factors which have led to a crisis in male leadership.

1. The churches abandoned the New Testament pattern of how churches should function. Which meant that Christian men were not taught and encouraged to be leaders.

2. The virus of Liberalism infected the churches, schools, colleges, and universities. As a result worldly philosophies and ideas entered into the churches.

3. The roles of men and women in the church, in the home, and in the workplace began to be reversed starting in the early 20th century, and women began to dominate in areas where they should not have been involved. Even the armed forces had to water down their standards to accommodate women.

4. While seeking equality with men, women became more equal, and men were downgraded. Then along came Feminism (rooted in Communism) in order to emasculate men. If truth be told American women control society, while the men stand by. It did not help when cartoon characters like Blondie and Dagwood or Jiggs and Maggie were presented to the public.

5. Divorce started becoming commonplace, and the traditional families began falling apart. At the same time courts began favoring women over their husbands, single mothers became the trend, father figures were absent, and conservatism was replaced by liberalism throughout society.

6. Abortions (murders) were legalized and women claimed that they alone had the right to decide as to who lived and who died. This was criminal, but became very prevalent in America and the West.

7. Above all Christianity became Liberal Christianity, and eventually began to be abandoned for eastern religions, New Age nonsense, atheism, and even paganism. And because America abandoned its Christians roots, men became non-leaders while women aggressively took that role.

8. Today we have demonic transgenderism so that young people are deliberately indoctrinated to be confused about who they really are (biology notwithstanding).
Yes. Far too often, boys are raised solely by women, because the courts have allowed for easy divorce and prevented the parental rights of the father. Why are people then surprised that such boys who have only known female role-models grow up to be like their role models? Those who want boys to behave like men need to ensure those boys have the opportunity to be raised by a father.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
the population is unbalanced

also...with women doing so-called 'mens work' the men havent exactly stepped up and become better fathers either.
What tends to happen is women end up doing both jobs, earning AND mothering at the same time. and then becoming resentful they cannot do both.

Some men think its ok they go off to work for hours and hours earn, and are lousy fathers, or go off to war, fight, and get injured or even DIE and leave their wives alone holding the can.

selfishness among baby booming grandparents mean grandchildren get neglected too. These babybooming (grand) parents think its ok to kick their children out. without any safety net at all. Some are ok and thrive but the majority dont. Hence high suicide rates of youth.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
I don't think the problem is with the vanishing male, that is only a tiny tip of the iceberg. The problem is that we have faith in the laws of the kingdoms of the world and no faith in the laws that govern the kingdoms of heaven as Jesus gives them to us.

The world says fight for our rights, Jesus says love our enemies and do good for them. Jesus says lay up treasures of heaven, the world says your house, cars, cosmetics, etc. are most important. God created our foods and our bodies to match, the world says man can improve on that by processing grains, homogenizing, redoing diet of animals, etc. Man even changes the food God created for us. God defined families, man says it is up to how people want to create them. God says man and woman make a wonderful team with men leading and man changed that.

GaryA

Truth, Honesty, Love, Courage
Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
Suffice it to say - it is a complex issue, with many facets...

What is absolutely certain is - departure from God's intended plan will prevent "things" from 'working' like they should.

And, that is [just] a simplified way of putting it...

saintrose

May 9, 2020
The last page tells us God wins, we must keep our focus on Him and pray without ceasing His perfect will be done, and keep on being His hands and feet for good works.
He is never late.
Please don't let the devil steal your hope and peace.
Yes I know that God wins in the end - it's the interim that I don't like. Maybe you're right - maybe it is an attack of the devil - he's attacked many other ways and through ungodly people so he would probably attack through discouragement as well. I recall that in Pilgrim's Progress.

I know we're called to be soldiers and to endure hardness but I've withstood more battles than I'd care to recall. Now I see the country and all morals and ethics - even the Constitution - collapsing into tyranny and Americans don't utter a peep. The only ones speaking out publicly are Pastor Chuck Baldwin and Pastor Bradlee Dean. I know that things are to get worse - as the in the days of Noah - but I do not believe for one minute that God expects us to sit on our cans and watch Netflix while our foundations crumble beneath our feet.

My father told me years back that he and his brothers grew up in the city - which is now really bad. He said women could walk the streets late at night and never worry because they knew that men would beat to a pulp any man that dared touch a woman. Fast forward to today...

I watched a video of a big, chunky cop wrestle this elderly woman to the ground - in America - for not wearing a mask. The onlookers taped it and watched but not one person in that bank spoke up in that woman's defense.

Would you have?

I would have. If it was YOU wrestled to the ground I would have spoken up in your defense. Would you all have?

If we don't stand against wrong - what does that make us???

Scripture says we'll be judged for sins of commission as well as sins of OMISSION.

“The ultimate test of a moral society is the kind of world that it leaves to its children.”
― Dietrich Bonhoeffer

“Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless.
Not to speak is to speak.
Not to act is to act.”
― Dietrich Bonhoeffer

saintrose

May 9, 2020
I get in trouble when I say that the greatest mistake the Western world made was to give women the vote. I'm only partly kidding. God created woman to be man's helper. Satan convinced women that they could outdo men. Whatever God's will and purpose is, Satan is determined to undermine it. Now we are seeing children rising up in rebellion and disrespect. This is evil. How can anyone be so dumb as to listen to lectures by an autistic teenager, who knows nothing of the real world? "Stop it!" is not a plan to solve the world's environmental issues. A parrot could be trained to say that.

Now we have God's plan to create male and female under attack. In some countries (Canada for one), it is illegal to try and talk a child out of changing gender. The World says, "Believe the science." Except when it comes to gender. It is insanity.

Men have been worn down. The US especially is a matriarchal society. It's a great myth that men are some kind of privileged species who domineer women. Go to the department store. Check out the floor space devoted to women's clothes, accessories, jewelry and cosmetics. It swamps the area set aside for men's clothes. Then there is the space devoted to kids stuff. And who drives the spending on children's stuff? Women.

The "golden rule" in the world is whoever has the gold, makes the rules.

The education system, which was supposedly biased against women, continually runs down boys. So it turns out men who are ashamed to be male. The church has been infiltrated by the world, so again women are assumed to be inherently superior. I've watched this rot set in over the last 50 years. If it were of God, the church would be stronger and more Christ like than ever. It's not.

This is not an anti female rant. My circle of friends has dimished as I've got older. My dearest friend is a lovely lady who is a great help and encouragement. She knows Jesus and when she prays, God answers. She is bold, praying out loud for me in hospital. The doctor who was there at the time confessed that the prayer was answered to the letter. I treasure her as my sister and fellow worker in the Lord. But she has a place in the body that is not the same as mine. She is not looking to dominate and control. And that is why God is able to use her to His glory.
I know the radical feminists will fight that but you are 100% right: God made a woman out of man's rib to be a helpmeet. But the role reversals are evident and we're reaping the consequences of an inverted society. Our birth rate has drastically dropped - as planned - because of the push for women to succeed in the workforce. But are they happy? Not from what I can see and from watching a documentary on it.

The gender blurring is of the evil one - the Baphomet is unisex. I watched these videos called "Transvestigation" and was shocked that many actors and actresses are transgender. They said it's to get the normal sexual desire to be attracted to their own sex. They break the shape of a woman vs a man down and show how their anatomy is not the anatomy of the sex they're portraying themselves to be. After you watch it you'll then begin spotting them on TV and in politics.

My friend's daughter is a school psychologist and has reams of students flocking to her who are confused about their gender. They're even putting the occult and gender confusion in cartoons. We're in trouble folks.

Now they're trying to start a race war to divide and conquer. Please everyone: REACH OUT TO OTHER RACES AND SHOW KINDNESS TO SHOW EVERYONE IT'S ALL A LIE.

I'm afraid in all these things that Christians are passively accepting it instead of fighting against it. Why??? Do you believe this is what you're called to do? Or don't you take it seriously that we'll be judged just as much for what we DID as for what we DIDN'T DO.

Will you hear at the last: "Depart from me! I never knew you!"

“Cheap grace is the deadly enemy of our church. We are fighting today for costly grace.”
― Dietrich Bonhoeffer

"Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act."

-- Dietrich Bonhoeffer

saintrose

May 9, 2020
During ww2 juvenile delinquency was high in America, dad was in the service, mom was working to support the war effort and family, young men had less supervision and guidance. We have done the same by two parent working families.
That was severely evident in our old neighborhood. After school the teens all congregated at the house of the parents who both worked - and they got into a lot of trouble because of it.

saintrose

May 9, 2020
Here's a video that's quite a hoot. Emma Stark, on her "Warrior Women" show, completely mistranslates Genesis 2:18 which says: "Then the Lord God said, 'It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him a helper fit for him.' "

By the time she's done, Genesis 2:18 now says: "It's not good for man to be alone; I will give him a warrior, I will give him a protector."
She goes on to say, "helpmate and helper has practically nothing to do with it." (Starts @ 22:19)

When men fail to be men, this what you end up with.

Twisting the Scriptures.

saintrose

May 9, 2020
Help

êzer
ay'-zer
From H5826; aid: - help.

Gen 3:16 Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

Even if she wanted to believe it means warrior, protector, how does she escape this.

Many people do not care about reality, and do not play fair, and want to be like the people they have belittled, and the people they were disgusted by and did not like their behavior.

This world is motivated by arrogance and self exaltation and they will lash out at people that are above them all the while wanting to be like them and above them.

Women have been belittling men for years and did not like they took a lead role and did not like their dominance and arrogance, and then the women do the same and become like them.

That does not make sense.

They cry about the men and then want to be like them and above them.

Like people that are poor cry about the rich but want to be rich themselves.

This world is a trip that people will belittle people when they are above them for whatever position that might be and then want to be like them and be above them.

People say oh those men, oh those women, oh those black people, oh those white people, but they act the same and want the same.

They cry about the men and then want dominance above them which they are wanting the very same thing they were crying about but they just don't want the men to be above but they want to above for that is the operation of the world.

Oh don't control us but we want to control you.

Don't tell us what to do but we want to tell you what to do.

Don't be above us but we want to be above you.

And all that if women ran the world the world would be better is all a bunch of crap for I believe it would be worse for women will probably go against their enemies without mercy more than men.

I really would not want a world controlled by women.

The biggest prophet of the new age movement is a woman and the new age movement will deceive the world to follow the antichrist, New Age Christ, which billions of people will die.
Society is being systematically broken down to prepare us for the Antichrist or Matreya as the new agers like to call him. It's hard seeing this all take place. I still don't believe we are to sit and do nothing.

saintrose

May 9, 2020
The Illuminati and the new age religion is of the occult and like the mystical Phoenix bird that after 200 or more years is consumed in fire and out of its ashes rises a new Phoenix bird America too will collapse and out of its ashes will rise the beast kingdom.

They have it planned out for America to collapse.

I seen pictures of grade school children meditating new age religion style with the finger to thumb technique sitting on top of their desk.

We cannot turn it around because God said He is going to gather the nations together to rebel against Him so He is giving them their way for a certain amount of time but we can try to save as many as possible.
OMG - that hand sign is the triple six they're teaching them.

I know their plan is for America to collapse but it hurts watching it. We still have to do our part.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
are you just worried about your own country saint rose.

I think everyone worries about their own but its been like that for centuries when has there ever really been a 'golden age' when everything was rosy?! adam and eve were never really working together either after the fall its not as if THEIR relationship was wonderful!

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
basically when cain killed abel..he thought his problem would go away by killing it.
But Abels blood still cries out from the ground.

and so it goes....

Jul 1, 2021
I've watched the destruction of America and part of the fault as I see it are the churches - they're not leading. 501C probably had a lot to do with it. But I've seen a disturbing trend of lack of male leadership. Look at the tyranny that has come to America. Where are all the men opposing it? Is this really how you believe God designed men to be?

We can see the great falling away but we can also see the vanishing male. Why are there so few pastors and men opposing it? I'd like to see others' take on this.
In Finland all the major party leaders except for 1 are women.

The reason is that women are more manly than men today. Women run the churches, women run the households, women run the country. Its a matriarchy really, no matter how much the feminists complain about the patriarchy.

But this doesn't really bother me, as I live my life the way I do, regardless of what society morphs into. Society will always be wicked, and I dont think a hypermasculine war culture would be any better where we are throwing spears at each other with facepaint on.

Jul 23, 2018
In Finland all the major party leaders except for 1 are women.

The reason is that women are more manly than men today. Women run the churches, women run the households, women run the country. Its a matriarchy really, no matter how much the feminists complain about the patriarchy.

But this doesn't really bother me, as I live my life the way I do, regardless of what society morphs into. Society will always be wicked, and I dont think a hypermasculine war culture would be any better where we are throwing spears at each other with facepaint on.
When the men fail....women step in to fill the void.

Add to that liberals that have confused gender roles.

A double whammy.

Satanic and reptilian component mixed with a failing male, and add in a matriaracal society ingredient.

It can not sustain itself.

Only a miracle can break its hold on our country.

Seeker47

Aug 7, 2018
"saintrose" asked a question, "What do we do about it"? There is several posts saying "why" but not so much "what". It's too much to put here, but here are some quick superficial thoughts:

1. Men must accept responsibility. We have not been faithful to our biblical mandate. We are responsible for what has happened. We must prayerfully seek a deeper understanding of our sin and our responsibilities.

2. We must repent and seek forgiveness.

3. Men need to understand and embrace the purpose of our lives; to; "Glorify God and enjoy him forever". We glorify God when we accept headship of our families. Headship is servanthood! (Do not let them hijack the issue with insane references to patriarchy). We need to know the difference.

4. We need to reject popular culture and stop allowing evil into our homes, families and spirits. Start by turning off the TV and quit allowing the incessant and insidious brainwashing. No one needs an upgraded phone or a new and improved anything else! We must stop marketers from leading us around by our base instincts. (You know well what I mean)!

5. Men need to recognize that just providing for the family is total failure. Food and shelter is important but so is guidance, instruction, support, encouragement, involvement, modeling, protecting....our families can get by, joyfully, with an older car and a smaller house if we are in both.

6. We need to listen carefully to the wisdom of our wives and children, not celebrities! Our families are the ones who will lead us to truth.

7. Our families see everything we do, everything. Nothing is done in secret. We must reject all hypocrisy. What we do is important, what we say much less so.

I'll stop here, my rant is too long now. We did this, we must fix it! We are not powerless.

7. We need to speak up and

montana123

Oct 9, 2021
The problem is because of the way America operates with its freedoms and Capitalism it created the most selfish, arrogant, and greedy people in the history of mankind.

Everybody is exalting themselves because they can get away with it without retaliation.

If the men are doing their job the women would still try to exalt themselves and be above the men for they have the liberty to do so and it is human nature.

The world is motivated by selfishness and arrogance and the women always wanted to be above men for that is human nature, but now they have the chance to exalt themselves so they are taking advantage of it as human nature will do.

Same with children that they are taking advantage of the liberty to go against the parents for they can get away with it more than years ago especially after the counter culture movement.

Pro 30:11 There is a generation that curseth their father, and doth not bless their mother.
Pro 30:12 There is a generation that are pure in their own eyes, and yet is not washed from their filthiness.
Pro 30:13 There is a generation, O how lofty are their eyes! and their eyelids are lifted up.
Pro 30:14 There is a generation, whose teeth are as swords, and their jaw teeth as knives, to devour the poor from off the earth, and the needy from among men.

The last generation where children will not obey parents, they will think they are pure but are not, they will be highly arrogant, and highly selfish, and will heap money to themselves and not care about the poor and we see today that millions of dollars and billions of dollars is not good enough for them.

Everybody is trying to exalt themselves at this time and then the new age movement says people are still evolving to be spiritual and there is no personal God, but they honor the God of forces, or the power of nature as their higher power, the evolutionary process which one day that will be the only religion that they allow to be preached in the world when the nations come together.

Which will be the time they will not want to hear the truth of the Bible but after their own lusts, the new age movement interpretation of the Bible.

Men are still out there competing and exalting but the women are too so it does not seem like the men are standing out as much as in the past.

Seeker47

Aug 7, 2018
The problem is because of the way America operates with its freedoms and Capitalism it created the most selfish, arrogant, and greedy people in the history of mankind.

Everybody is exalting themselves because they can get away with it without retaliation.

If the men are doing their job the women would still try to exalt themselves and be above the men for they have the liberty to do so and it is human nature.

The world is motivated by selfishness and arrogance and the women always wanted to be above men for that is human nature, but now they have the chance to exalt themselves so they are taking advantage of it as human nature will do.

Same with children that they are taking advantage of the liberty to go against the parents for they can get away with it more than years ago especially after the counter culture movement.

Pro 30:11 There is a generation that curseth their father, and doth not bless their mother.
Pro 30:12 There is a generation that are pure in their own eyes, and yet is not washed from their filthiness.
Pro 30:13 There is a generation, O how lofty are their eyes! and their eyelids are lifted up.
Pro 30:14 There is a generation, whose teeth are as swords, and their jaw teeth as knives, to devour the poor from off the earth, and the needy from among men.

The last generation where children will not obey parents, they will think they are pure but are not, they will be highly arrogant, and highly selfish, and will heap money to themselves and not care about the poor and we see today that millions of dollars and billions of dollars is not good enough for them.

Everybody is trying to exalt themselves at this time and then the new age movement says people are still evolving to be spiritual and there is no personal God, but they honor the God of forces, or the power of nature as their higher power, the evolutionary process which one day that will be the only religion that they allow to be preached in the world when the nations come together.

Which will be the time they will not want to hear the truth of the Bible but after their own lusts, the new age movement interpretation of the Bible.

Men are still out there competing and exalting but the women are too so it does not seem like the men are standing out as much as in the past.
Capitalism is not evil. For many years capitalism based on Christian values created the wealthiest, most prosperous and generous society on earth. Beginning in the 60's we began taking Christ out of the formula and have replaced His values with the values of self. Profit is now honored above. Christian capitalism creates and distributes wealth to everyone. The godless capitalism we see today is a different story and your assessment holds.

montana123

Oct 9, 2021
Capitalism is not evil. For many years capitalism based on Christian values created the wealthiest, most prosperous and generous society on earth. Beginning in the 60's we began taking Christ out of the formula and have replaced His values with the values of self. Profit is now honored above. Christian capitalism creates and distributes wealth to everyone. The godless capitalism we see today is a different story and your assessment holds.
I agree with that but I am talking of today not years ago.

At first it is good but in the long run the people lose morals and values and they heap and heap money to themselves and do not care about other people where we see millions of dollars and billions of dollars is not good enough for them.

But it does cause a lot of prosperity for a lot of people but minimum wage is too low.

The last generation.

Rev 3:17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked.

Seeker47

Aug 7, 2018
Capitalism has been attacked as a way to advance socialism...a worse evil. I just hope everyone understands that. We need to avoid making matters worse. Also, you can never raise a peoples standard of living with wage controls, it has never worked and never will. Compare what was happening to everyone's standard of living four years ago to what is happening today. There have been significant increases in minimum wage across the country driven by state initiatives while poverty levels and unemployment are climbing. Of course the "media" is not reporting that story.

I apologize for appearing argumentative, that is not my intent. We are really in agreement but differ a little on means. I support your positions.

saintrose

May 9, 2020
are you just worried about your own country saint rose.

I think everyone worries about their own but its been like that for centuries when has there ever really been a 'golden age' when everything was rosy?! adam and eve were never really working together either after the fall its not as if THEIR relationship was wonderful!
I'm unsure what you mean but I'm worried about what country we're leaving to this next generation. Our forbears certainly didn't do us any favors. I think TV "programming" - was designed to do just what it did: "Programmed" the minds of the masses without their knowledge. I watched a local Little League game and it was very evident what those little hellions had become: products of the basest garbage emanating out of Hollyweird.

I think the single best thing that we can begin to do TODAY is to GET RID OF THE TV.

PLEASE EVERYONE: TURN OFF THE TV! I REGRET THAT I EVER ALLOWED ONE IN MY HOUSE. WE HAVE ALL BEEN PROGRAMMED THROUGH IT.

AT LEAST NOW I CAN ACT TODAY AND NOT PERMIT THE POWERS THAT BE TO PIPE THEIR POISON INTO MY HOME. SO CAN YOU. INFLUENCE OTHERS TO DO THE SAME. IT'S SO MUCH WORSE THAN YOU EVEN KNOW: "PROGRAMMING" BEGINS WITH THE TAVISTOCK-CREATED SESAME STREET, DISNEY, AND OTHER POISONOUS PROGRAMS. I URGE YOU TO RESEARCH IT AND WARN OTHERS.