The Way

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

ManVsSin

There is an ancient path only few ever find

It is the path to life and peace

What joy awaits those who follow it

But not all will find it for it is narrow and long

and much trials and suffering await those who take this path

Then there is the wide and broad path

The path which leads to destruction

One can smell fire and brimstone in its direction

Weeping and gnashing of teeth can be heard in the distance

Yet despite the warnings, people walk down this path like sheep to a slaughter

For this path is easy and free of all troubles

It tempts man saying, "Come on to this path for if you do, the road will be easy and you may indulge in all pleasures."

What sorrow awaits all who listen to its tempting, for little do they know that it shall consume them.

On my journey I've stumbled upon not one, but many paths that all lead and are connected to the wide path.

People shout and claim,"Look! I have found the true path, the way that leads to life!"

But really it is only the path that leads to destruction and death.

As I came across these paths I came across a monk who claimed to know the secret to life.

"Follow this path sir, for you will see that this is truly the way to salvation."

"For enlightenment will be the reward to all those who take it."

I continued onward and ran into a man dressed in a suit and tie.

"Follow this path sir, for nothing but wealth and riches await those who take this one."

I pressed on and found a man with a dot on his head who told me,"Follow this path sir, for you may worship all kinds of

gods."

Finally, I came to a path in which I saw a living being like no other.

I was gripped with fear and terror, then I fell face down before this being is if I were dead.

"Don't be afraid!", the living being said.

He touched me and my strength was fully restored

When I looked upon him, the being had four faces and four wings.

It had the face of a human in the front, the face of a lion on the right side, the face of an ox on the left side, and a face

of an eagle at the back.

I saw a wheel touching the ground beside it and it was covered with eyes.

The spirit of the living being was also in the wheel.

For this being that I had set my eyes upon was an angel of the Lord.

I asked the angel,"Why should I take this path? What makes this one so different from all the others?"

The angel replied,"This is the path that leads to eternal life, for this is the narrow path in which only very few find."

The angel then moved to the side and said,"You have chosen wisely! For this path that you have chosen leads to life!"

I remembered the Masters words in my heart, "I am the truth,the way,and the life. No one comes to the father except

through me."

Then the angel warned me,"If you wish to proceed down this path, know that you will face persecution and suffering

just like the prophets before you."

"Do not look back either! For just as Lots wife was turned into a pillar of salt, you may face a similar fate."

"But do not be afraid! For your reward will be The Bright Morning Star! The one whom they call, The Lamb Of God."

"He will be your treasure and you will be his prized possession."

I started down the narrow path shouting,"Praise be to God! The First and the Last, the Alpha and Omega!"

"For he has made the way known to me!"

May those who have chosen the other paths turn back and follow the narrow path.

For it is Gods will for every man to be saved.

May every man repent and find The Way.

Glory to the one who calls himself, "The Way" forever and ever

Amen.

Rosyshine

Feb 26, 2017
This reminds me a little of Pilgrim's Progress. :) I enjoyed it. The truth can be tough, but the truth is the truth. Thanks for posting.

M

ManVsSin

This reminds me a little of Pilgrim's Progress. :) I enjoyed it. The truth can be tough, but the truth is the truth. Thanks for posting.
Thank you for the comment! Glad you liked it. I saw the movie, but wondered if it was originally a book.

Rosyshine

Feb 26, 2017
You're welcome! Well, I didn't know it was a movie! Haha. What I've read of the book is very good -- also very convicting.

M

MorningFlower

Wow! This poem just got more and more powerful the more far you got reading it. Also great mixture of bible pieces put together, I recognized the part where you write about meeting an angel of the Lord. That one is taken out from the book of Ezekiel, right?

M

ManVsSin

Wow! This poem just got more and more powerful the more far you got reading it. Also great mixture of bible pieces put together, I recognized the part where you write about meeting an angel of the Lord. That one is taken out from the book of Ezekiel, right?
Oh my goodness! You may be the first one to realize that! Maybe others have to, but didn't say anything. If you go back and read my other poems, you will notice that I also mixed in bible pieces in those as well you just have to look for them. Either that or I just draw my inspiration from scripture. I'm very impressed that you caught that. God bless you and I hope you enjoy my future poems too!