The Winning Attitude: part 1

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

IDEAtor

Senior Member
Aug 15, 2012
827
19
18
John C. Maxwell's book has been sitting on my shelf for some time now, and I am just getting to reading it. The first chapter opens by mentioning Philippians 2:5, which reads:
Have this attitude in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus. Maxwell, then, highlights "David's 3-fold process of praise." For now, I will mention the 1st praise fact.

1. Praise begins with the will (Psalms 34:1)

Today, I meant something for good and someone seemed irritated by it, which then upset me inwardly. Thankfully, I remembered God's Word, those words of the psalmist David. And you wonder, "What happened?" I made a new connection with someone who is interested in coming to church and playing basketball. Billy is his name. The point is not that I was part of something cool. The point is, I could have let Satan get a foothold. But God reminded me to "choose" praise, even though I did not feel it.

Here is a song that goes with Psalms 34:1:
[video=youtube;IY-PWFapAGM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IY-PWFapAGM[/video]
 
That is so beautiful. I'm going to do that when feelings like that come over me, Going to praise him. Digging in there are other verses saying same, as rejoice always. Sweet. :)