Then remember I...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
E

eternally-gratefull

We'll find out won't we (II Corinthians 5:10)!

ANSWER THE QUESTION?

You need to ask yourself why Jesus made a long departure speech in John 14, 15, 16, praying in 17 about "THE PROMISE" (Acts 1:4) of "HOLY SPIRIT BAPTISM" (Acts 1:5) knowing "He baptizes with the Holy Ghost" (John 1:33) "PERFECTLY" (Acts 18:26; Psalm 18:30) the "one baptism" then turn around in Matthew 28:19 and allegedly command MEN water baptize that He never mention in His departure speech and ADD another?

What kind of lying god is that?

YOU CAN'T ANSWER IT CAN YOU OR YOU WILL BE "FOUND TO BE A LIAR FOR ADDING TO HIS WORD" (PROVERBS 30:6)?
God did not lie

they are two different baptisms.

One is required for salvation. (holy spirit baptism)

The other is a testimony, and a continuance of a tradition which has been going on since the law, when each priest was baptized. The difference being this looks back to christ, and is for all people. not just priests.

Apr 18, 2021
God did not lie

they are two different baptisms.

One is required for salvation. (holy spirit baptism)

The other is a testimony, and a continuance of a tradition which has been going on since the law, when each priest was baptized. The difference being this looks back to christ, and is for all people. not just priests.
I guess there are "TWO Lords, TWO faiths, and TWO baptisms" (Ephesians 4:5)?

Water baptism has a BIBLICAL definition of "REPENTANCE" and "BELIEVING JESUS IS COMING" in Acts 19:4.

Are you still looking for Jesus to come when "If the Spirit of Christ doesn't dwell in you then you are none of His" (Romans 8:9)?

E

eternally-gratefull

I guess there are "TWO Lords, TWO faiths, and TWO baptisms" (Ephesians 4:5)?

Water baptism has a BIBLICAL definition of "REPENTANCE" and "BELIEVING JESUS IS COMING" in Acts 19:4.

Are you still looking for Jesus to come when "If the Spirit of Christ doesn't dwell in you then you are none of His" (Romans 8:9)?
Nope

Only one baptism saves. There are many baptism. yet only one saves.

Water baptism is done because one has repented and received remission of sin (acts 2)

The spirit dwells in me because I have been anointed with him. That has nothing to do with baptism.

Apr 18, 2021
Nope

Only one baptism saves. There are many baptism. yet only one saves.

Water baptism is done because one has repented and received remission of sin (acts 2)

The spirit dwells in me because I have been anointed with him. That has nothing to do with baptism.
Who told you "There are MANY baptisms when Jesus said Holy Spirit baptism (Acts 1:5) and John 1:33 says "He baptizes us with the Holy Ghost?" Does that sound like "MANY?"

How does WATER "remit sins" when "...the blood of His Son Jesus Christ cleanses us from all sins" (I John 1:7)?

"Without blood there is no remission" (Hebrews 9:22)?

Who told you the anointing and Holy Spirit baptism are different? GIVE SCRIPTURES (Isaiah 8:20)!

Why do you (((THINK))) you have RIGHTEOUS beliefs that defy other Scriptures calling GOD A LIAR in those Scriptures?

B

Blackpowderduelist

We'll find out won't we (II Corinthians 5:10)!

ANSWER THE QUESTION?

You need to ask yourself why Jesus made a long departure speech in John 14, 15, 16, praying in 17 about "THE PROMISE" (Acts 1:4) of "HOLY SPIRIT BAPTISM" (Acts 1:5) knowing "He baptizes with the Holy Ghost" (John 1:33) "PERFECTLY" (Acts 18:26; Psalm 18:30) the "one baptism" then turn around in Matthew 28:19 and allegedly command MEN water baptize that He never mention in His departure speech and ADD another?

What kind of lying god is that?

YOU CAN'T ANSWER IT CAN YOU OR YOU WILL BE "FOUND TO BE A LIAR FOR ADDING TO HIS WORD" (PROVERBS 30:6)?
I'm not going to make a commentary on 4 chapters of the bible in a forum. That's a ridiculous demand.
You are trying to take water out of baptism which contradicts far too many scriptures.

E

eternally-gratefull

Who told you "There are MANY baptisms when Jesus said Holy Spirit baptism (Acts 1:5) and John 1:33 says "He baptizes us with the Holy Ghost?" Does that sound like "MANY?"

How does WATER "remit sins" when "...the blood of His Son Jesus Christ cleanses us from all sins" (I John 1:7)?

"Without blood there is no remission" (Hebrews 9:22)?

Who told you the anointing and Holy Spirit baptism are different? GIVE SCRIPTURES (Isaiah 8:20)!

Why do you (((THINK))) you have RIGHTEOUS beliefs that defy other Scriptures calling GOD A LIAR in those Scriptures?
How about just reading the bible

There is the baptism of John
There is the baptism of the HS
There is the baptism of Fire
There is the baptism of the church (matt 28)
There is the baptism of the people into Moses
There is the ceremonial baptisms of the utensils in the temple.

Who told me the anointing and baptism are different?

Look to moses

Arron and his sons were washed (baptized) in the jordan

They where then anointed with the oil

Baptized means to be immersed in

Anoint means to be poiured on, they are two different things. so a study of words may help you also.

Wansvic

Nov 27, 2018
NO "MAN" can "rightly divide the Word of truth..." (II Timothy 2:15)!
The scripture you reference in 2 Tim 2:15 speaks to who is to rightly divide the word of truth; born again believers are to do this:

"Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth."

Jan 12, 2019
Water baptism vs Jesus' baptism (John 1:33; Acts 1:5) who gives POWER (Acts 1:8) is why there are no signs and wonders.

God rightly divides the Word for me so it won't be off like today's Christianity (I Corinthians 2:10).
You are claiming promises not directed to you.

The next time, you will also be claiming that you will be sitting on one of the 12 thrones judging the 12 tribes o Israel, just because you read the Matthew verse where Jesus promised his 12 disciples that.

That is not rightly dividing the word of truth