There will be no Rapture!!!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

LightOfMyLife

May 6, 2023
Independence, Mo
No ONE ever preached or wrote about Pre-Trib Rapture.
A HERETIC created it and the blinded are spoon feeding off the fool like a junkie with a full syringe.

The Church Fathers, you know, who were taught by the APOSTLES, who wrote the New Testament, all claim the Rapture is AFTER the AC is revealed. Guess what, that is what Paul wrote!
Yes, the Bible tells us that the Apostle Paul did speak of the rapture in I Corinthians 15:51-55, and I Thessalonians 4:14-18.

Jun 20, 2022
The bible places the rapture after the trib has ended, at the second coming.

Here is the only passage about The Rapture that actually uses the Greek word that means a rapture, Harpazo:

1Th 4:13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.
1Th 4:14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.(second coming reference)
1Th 4:15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord (second coming reference) shall not prevent them which are asleep.
1Th 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven (second coming reference) with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: (the resurrection of the dead in Christ)
1Th 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up (harpazo) together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. (the rapture)

Here we see the second coming mentioned 3 times, then the resurrection and then the rapture. This proves the rapture is connected to the second coming. All that needs to be proven is when the second coming happens to know when the rapture happens.

Mat 24:27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
Mat 24:28 For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.
Mat 24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
Mat 24:30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

The second coming happens AFTER the GT is over, so the rapture happens post-Trib. Circumventing these two passages is to ignore the scriptural evidence of WHEN the rapture is going to happen.
Paul only states after the AC is revealed, which we know is after Mid-Point.
I personally believe no one, not even you, are taking into consideration why WE are HAPPY if we wait till one thousand three hundred and thirty-five days. 1,335 days, puts us between Mid-Point Trib and going into year 4 of the 7 year Trib.

Jun 20, 2022
Yes, the Bible tells us that the Apostle Paul did speak of the rapture in I Corinthians 15:51-55, and I Thessalonians 4:14-18.
I said Pre-Trib then Rapture.

I never said the Rapture would not happen. I said no one ever said it happens before Tribulation begins. But the closest we have is Paul, saying, AFTER the AC is revealed.

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
But CV and Watermark, you need 12 Books, 17 Chapters and 33 "cherry picked" Verses from wherever they can find anything to create their MYTH on.
[re: 2Th2]

No, verses 1 & 2 make the case very well on their own.

Verses 3-8a then has Paul repeating the proper SEQUENCE, between those two distinct things, THREE TIMES... (making it abundantly clear.)

No one has to go anywhere else... unless they misdefine (as is commonly done) the phrase "the day of the Lord" (v.2); which just by simply looking back at Paul's words in 1Th5:1-3 clears up that matter, soundly.

[as I've pointed out numerous times throughout this thread]

Jun 20, 2022
To be clear, I am NEITHER "Calvinist" NOR "Arminianist".

So there's that. ;)

["pre-trib rapture" doctrine is NOT exclusively held by Calvinists... people of all stripes hold to it... So it is not accurate to intimate that it is exclusively (or even "mostly") Calvinist doctrine. NOT SO!! ;) (red herring, much?? :rolleyes: )]
are you Reformed or Charismatic?

LightOfMyLife

May 6, 2023
Independence, Mo
Jesus spoke about it in John 14:1-4. Let not your heart be troubled ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myslef, that where I am, there ye may be also And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.

Jun 20, 2022
[re: 2Th2]

No, verses 1 & 2 make the case very well on their own.

Verses 3-8a then has Paul repeating the proper SEQUENCE, between those two distinct things, THREE TIMES... (making it abundantly clear.)

No one has to go anywhere else... unless they misdefine (as is commonly done) the phrase "the day of the Lord" (v.2); which just by simply looking back at Paul's words in 1Th5:1-3 clears up that matter, soundly.

[as I've pointed out numerous times throughout this thread]
Paul, is just saying in Verse TWO, that Day [Day of the Lord], hasn't happened yet.
get over it.
it ain't that difficult to figure what he is saying here.
it has not happened but will happen and he explains in Verse THREE, AFTER the AC is REVEALED!

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
^ @The_Watchers_2017 's Post #1067,

Many people mistakenly think the text states "the departure AND the man of sin be revealed FIRST"...

... and consequently incorrectly conclude that this (supposed) "be revealed FIRST" is thus saying "the rapture [of verse 1]" then must come "AFTER" that.

But this is to inject a meaning not being conveyed in Paul's words...

... by rearranging the text, and also by [incorrectly] PRESUPPOSING that the subject of the "false claim in verse 2" (the earthly-located DOTL time-period) is the SAME Subject as Paul's VERSE 1 SUBJECT ("our Rapture [IN THE AIR]"), which is it NOT.

Jun 20, 2022
Verse 1 = Paul says Coming of Jesus and OUR Gathering together to Him [Rapture]
Verse 2 = that Day has not happened yet SO DO NOT BE DECEIVED
Verse 3 = that Day happens AFTER the AC is revealed

ewq1938

Oct 18, 2018
Paul only states after the AC is revealed, which we know is after Mid-Point.
Nothing happens mid-point. The AC is active from the beginning. The Falling away happens because of the Ac because they fall away from Christ to the AC.

I personally believe no one, not even you, are taking into consideration why WE are HAPPY if we wait till one thousand three hundred and thirty-five days. 1,335 days, puts us between Mid-Point Trib and going into year 4 of the 7 year Trib.

There isn't a 1335 days in NT prophecy. Christ said the trib would be shortened. It's no longer 7 years but only half of that, a total of 452 months and nothing happens in the middle of it especially not the rapture.

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
^

Verse 2 = that Day has not happened yet SO DO NOT BE DECEIVED
Verse 3 = that Day happens AFTER the AC is revealed
2) liars saying "the day of the Lord [the Trib]" IS PRESENT / IS ALREADY HERE [PERFECT INDICATIVE; transitive verb in Grk]
3) that day (the DOTL / TRIB, from verse 2) will not "BE PRESENT" without the man of sin; they are inextricably connected... the TRIB is the "IN HIS TIME" (v.6); and the "IN THE NIGHT" (1Th5:1-3, etc... in that passage).

There is no way "the day of the Lord IS PRESENT" (as the falsehood claimed) without the presence [G3952] of "the man of sin" (v.9a,8a)

Jun 20, 2022
the only way someone can change the meaning to 2 Thessalonians 2:1-3, is because, IT DOES NOT CONFORM TO THEIR FALSE DOCTRINE!

Jun 20, 2022
but here is Paul, including himself, in the Rapture AFTER the AC is revealed.

that can only mean, Paul, doesn't believe in pre-trib Rapture, because Paul, would definitely meet the standards for that Rapture [Dead in Christ], if pre-trib were true.

But Paul only writes about the Rapture he will FACTUALLY be in, the one that happens AFTER the AC is revealed.

Jun 20, 2022
That's not what Paul is conveying in this text.

See my explanation in a post (a few back, on this page, Post #1072... and even in Post #1068) ^
i don't trust your views.

Paul said OUR GATHERING, that is including himself. English, in terms of the meaning for OUR, still means, Paul is saying he is a part of.

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
Paul said OUR GATHERING, that is including himself. English, in terms of the meaning for OUR, still means, Paul is saying he is a part of.
NOBODY is disputing the fact that PAUL IS INCLUDED IN "OUR RAPTURE".

Of course he is!

Why would you think we're saying HE'S NOT?!?!

No one has made such a point.

[ o_O ]

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
Jesus, in Daniel said:

וּמֵעֵת֙ הוּסַ֣ר הַתָּמִ֔יד וְלָתֵ֖ת שִׁקּ֣וּץ שֹׁמֵ֑ם יָמִ֕ים אֶ֖לֶף מָאתַ֥יִם וְתִשְׁעִֽים׃
(From the time the regular offering is abolished, and an appalling abomination is set up—it will be a thousand two hundred and ninety days.

אַשְׁרֵ֥י הַֽמְחַכֶּ֖ה וְיַגִּ֑יעַ לְיָמִ֕ים אֶ֕לֶף שְׁלֹ֥שׁ מֵא֖וֹת שְׁלֹשִׁ֥ים וַחֲמִשָּֽׁה׃
Happy the one who waits and reaches one thousand three hundred and thirty-five days.)

...if we go by Paul, Raptured AFTER AC is Revealed, WE will be : Happy the one who waits and reaches one thousand three hundred and thirty-five days.

I like that: Jesus said: HAPPY the ONE who waits....
You forgot the most salient and critically important fact:
The Daniel chapter 12 prophecy is for Israel and Israel alone!
Same goes for Daniel chapter 9.

And you thought Daniel chapter 9 chapter 12 was appointed to Christians??????