There will be no Rapture!!!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Genez

Oct 12, 2017
poetry
I would love to share my invites. But as I said it would be a long dissertation,
The Bible is long. But God arranged for it to be given to us in chapter and verse.

If you dump the whole stack on us at once many points could not be discussed until you were finished.
By then that would only cause memory fade and confusion.

Start with a part. Just like how the Bible is to be taught.

Or, just sit back and observe what you refuse to discuss in detail here.

Aug 11, 2024
poetry

The Bible is long. But God arranged for it to be given to us in chapter and verse.

If you dump the whole stack on us at once many points could not be discussed until you were finished.
By then that would only cause memory fade and confusion.

Start with a part. Just like how the Bible is to be taught.

Or, just sit back and observe what you refuse to discuss in detail here.
It's not that I refuse to discuss it, let's not be antagonistic please. It's that it would take a considerable amount of time to show how I have drawn the conclusion that I have and the scriptural path that lead me to such a conclusion. And that's a time consuming process it took me many years of study, and that is hard to jam into a little post especially with interruptions and scrutiny.

As a side not, the Bible wasn't originally given in chapters and verse, and in many instances those chapters and verses segment long over arching thoughts that can break up context and understanding.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
It's not that I refuse to discuss it, let's not be antagonistic please. It's that it would take a considerable amount of time to show how I have drawn the conclusion that I have and the scriptural path that lead me to such a conclusion. And that's a time consuming process it took me many years of study, and that is hard to jam into a little post especially with interruptions and scrutiny.

As a side not, the Bible wasn't originally given in chapters and verse, and in many instances those chapters and verses segment long over arching thoughts that can break up context and understanding.
You can refute my claims in a couple of posts.....
by demonstrating that the Church exist somewhere in Revelation chapters 6 thru 18.

Hint: it doesn't. The Church is nowhere to be found in any of those chapters.

Aug 11, 2024
You can refute my claims in a couple of posts.....
by demonstrating that the Church exist somewhere in Revelation chapters 6 thru 18.

Hint: it doesn't. The Church is nowhere to be found in any of those chapters.
Why are you so defensive about this? I fear your pride is leading you to wrath. Does it trouble you so much that someone disagrees with you that you can't accept our differences and move on?

Genez

Oct 12, 2017

I know the Bible was not written with chapter and verses.
It developed later on to make Bible reading a uniformed and organized method for locating passages easily.
My pastor taught from the Hebrew and Greek texts, and explained how certain placements of chapter and verse did break up a thought that should be read differently to get its intended thought. So what? Why are you hiding?

Why the whole thing you must give, then discuss? ..... Its going to take hours to hear you out before we can respond?

For all we know?
You might be legit?
Or, a kook.
Why don't you have a sample segment to share?

That's unfair if you wish for us to hear it all out, when probably only a part of what you know
will determine for each one of us how much time is merited to hear you out.

I already been through this sort of thing with somebody else, and it was not good.

My suggestion is to wait until you can be confident about what you believe.
Right now, its sounds like you are still in the stage of having to work out your salvation in fear and trembling.

Wait then. Work it out.

Genez

Oct 12, 2017
Why are you so defensive about this? I fear your pride is leading you to wrath. Does it trouble you so much that someone disagrees with you that you can't accept our differences and move on?
Because you play hide and seek.

Look .,... its worked. You got my attention.
But now you are not giving anything.

I hate to say it.
But if you have something to give?
Give it. Don't just claim to have something, and then become secretive about it.

Aug 3, 2018
[...] and misunderstanding of Scripture, particularly the distinction between the Church and the Jewish people, can lead to many other issues. It's crucial to address these misconceptions to prevent further misunderstandings. [...]
Agreed, and well said. (y)

BTW, welcome to CC. Hope to see you around the boards. :)

Aug 11, 2024
Im very confident in what I believe, don't get me wrong. And in no way am I hiding. But as anyone can see at this point out conversation isn't spiritually uplifting or intellectually edifying. You're getting a bit hostile and I'm simply not wanting to engage. If I were to put up a huge discord on my thoughts, if you started reading and felt inclined not to finish that is up to you I don't know why you would feel people would be obligated to read a whole book they didn't agree with.

What I'm saying is that because it takes time to compile, organize and expound, it would be difficult to convey my full intent being broken up among small posts, and like now leave people room to jump to conclusions in the middle of my explanation without the full context.

Aug 11, 2024
Because you play hide and seek.

Look .,... its worked. You got my attention.
But now you are not giving anything.

I hate to say it.
But if you have something to give?
Give it. Don't just claim to have something, and then become secretive about it.

Again not being secretive, just stating that at this point continuing a dialog with you would serve no one, as it would not be done with the Spirit of understanding.

There is an old saying a man convinced against his will is of the same opinion still. And you sir have clearly shown that all you want is an argument or debate not a discussion. And I'm not here to have a spirit of contention.

Genez

Oct 12, 2017
Im very confident in what I believe, don't get me wrong. And in no way am I hiding. But as anyone can see at this point out conversation isn't spiritually uplifting or intellectually edifying. You're getting a bit hostile and I'm simply not wanting to engage. If I were to put up a huge discord on my thoughts, if you started reading and felt inclined not to finish that is up to you I don't know why you would feel people would be obligated to read a whole book they didn't agree with.

What I'm saying is that because it takes time to compile, organize and expound, it would be difficult to convey my full intent being broken up among small posts, and like now leave people room to jump to conclusions in the middle of my explanation without the full context.
You are trying to get us offline with this form and into a private conversation with you.

And?
You are new here.
Not established yet, and known.

That's the problem.

Genez

Oct 12, 2017
Again not being secretive, just stating that at this point continuing a dialog with you would serve no one, as it would not be done with the Spirit of understanding.

There is an old saying a man convinced against his will is of the same opinion still. And you sir have clearly shown that all you want is an argument or debate not a discussion. And I'm not here to have a spirit of contention.
Are you depressed?

Contention? Just give your thought and stop being a coward about it....
Some here may understand. Others will not.

We come here to debate. Its a forum.
Discussion you can have by starting a private conversation in the forum.
The forum is not to start an email connection with someone we do not know.

grace and peace ............

Aug 11, 2024
You are trying to get us offline with this form and into a private conversation with you.

And?
You are new here.
Not established yet, and known.

That's the problem.
A single email to a single person who at the time seemed open to what I had to say, in no way am I trying to steal away a congregation for followers. But again you're being really defensive and hostile.

Genez

Oct 12, 2017
A single email to a single person who at the time seemed open to what I had to say, in no way am I trying to steal away a congregation for followers. But again you're being really defensive and hostile.

I am challenging you to become a man about it and tell forth what it is you have to give.

You, I suspect, can not take criticism.

And, you are using terms like defensive and hostile because your baiting us with your approach is designed to bring that out.

Aug 11, 2024
Are you depressed?

We come here to debate. Its a forum.
Discussion you can have by starting a private conversation in the forum.
I'm not here to debate, I like civil conversations with kind people. Arguing and hostilities isn't healthy for anyone.
"He that hath the spirit of contention is not of me, but is of the devil, who is the father of contention"

Aug 11, 2024
I am challenging you to become a man about it and tell forth what it is you have to give.

You, I suspect, can not take criticism.

And, you are using terms like defensive and hostile because your baiting us with your approach is designed to bring that out.
I politely decline your challenge.

Genez

Oct 12, 2017
I'm not here to debate, I like civil conversations with kind people. Arguing and hostilities isn't healthy for anyone.
"He that hath the spirit of contention is not of me, but is of the devil, who is the father of contention"
I have started a private conversation with you.
Now, politely tell me what it is that you can not share in the open.

Aug 11, 2024
Do you believe in the Biblical concept concerning being caught up to Jesus and changed from corrupt to incorrupt within a twinkling of an eye as Paul wrote about?
I belive that that happens upon his second coming when we are caught up in a cloud as the world is cleansed by fire. But after the world is cleansed they all depend and enter into Jerusalem through the city gate. Now if you're saying the rapture happens for the space of maybe an hour right after the battle of Armageddon sure. But that's not the claim.

Jan 24, 2024
I belive that that happens upon his second coming when we are caught up in a cloud as the world is cleansed by fire. But after the world is cleansed they all depend and enter into Jerusalem through the city gate. Now if you're saying the rapture happens for the space of maybe an hour right after the battle of Armageddon sure. But that's not the claim.
That means you do believe we will be caught up to Jesus and changed from corrupt to incorrupt within a twinkling of an eye as Paul wrote about.
Good!
The point I am merely saying is the act of being caught up itself is what many call the "Rapture."
So essentially you do believe in the Rapture but you call it like I do as being "Caught Up."