"They Are Spiritually Discerned"

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Apr 15, 2022
USA
Were you to share your complete knowledge of Revelation, Daniel and all the other books of the Word, then you would display the truth of what you have presumed you know. I await the revelation by the Holy Spirit. Since you have divided the Word so well, it is time you share it. When will all of these come about and what exactly do the prophecies mean? I have received the knowledge of Salvation and t the hope of the Blood of Jesus Yeshua, and I cannot, not yet.

Tell us all.
Oof. You definitely complicated things and make several wrong assumptions. Here are my questions:

1. Where do you get this thing about my knowledge of Revelation and Daniel from? (Paste it here or something.)

2. What truth did I presume to know? (Paste it here.)

3. What revelation by the Holy Spirit do you await?

4. What part of the Word do you want me to share that I have divided so well?

5. When will what come about and what about what prophecies?

6. What do you mean you received knowledge of salvation and you cannot do what yet?

The things you said and the way you've talked on here so far are confusing. So, I'd appreciate it you can answer the questions above. But let me say a few things:

I love myself, and I truly enjoy my own company. This gives me the ability to never take myself too seriously. I hate romance movies but love romantic comedies; that's because they take something serious and don't take it too seriously. You sound too serious. What's going on?

Oh. And another thing. I have a lot of skills and talents. I also learn and pick up on things very quickly, and there really isn't any human activity I don't enjoy (sports, camping, singing, drawing, writing, restaurants, movies, museums, art galleries, symphonies, operas, car racing, cooking, etc.). But those are just things I enjoy, not necessarily things I'm some professional at. I enjoy the Bible too and the things of God. I always wished I could find an older man, a pastor or minister, who understands (and lives) the Bible better than I do. I haven't found that yet. I'm cheering for you guys to be better, and you guys are telling me I'm not good enough. So, let me ask you: do you really think, believe, or feel that you understand the Bible (and the things of God) more than I do?

I'll answer for you: not a chance. I was eighteen, taking the bus for a while to college. On the bus, I'd sometimes find myself chatting with older people-- mostly men-- who were surprised at the understanding I had (especially when I talked to them about raising children... I didn't have children, so how was I to know better than them?). They would ask me my age. My mom always looked 10 - 15 years younger than she was, and I got that from her and always looked younger. At eighteen years old, I didn't look a day over at most sixteen, yet these older people thought I must be at least in my thirties, because they didn't believe that kind of understanding was available to teenagers. They knew I was a teenager, but cognitive dissonance. I write long, and sometimes write unsolicited things about myself, because I want people to exercise their discernment. If you had any, you would be able to tell by what I'm writing the type of person I am (at least a little). It appears you can't. You do not understand the Bible or God as much as I do. Try not to return with emotionalism. I wish you did. I'm cheering for everyone to know more so I can learn more from them.

The things I know about the Bible I tend to get from God, not just from the Bible. I can be hanging out with friends-- hell, I could smoking a cigarette, drinking beers, and chatting with some girls-- and all of a sudden God reveals something to me. I was watching 'King Arthur' at my friend's apartment in 2002. I was not living a godly life though I was trying. During the movie, I saw a lot about how God's Kingdom works (that's another thing: I see spiritual realities in secular things, but I get no upbuilding from christian movies, etc.). After the movie, I stepped outside, lit a cigarette, smoked it, and wept as God 'downloaded' realities about His Kingdom to me from the secular movie I'd just watched. Religious people don't get this and hate it: God gives what He wants to who He wants. You can't correctly qualify a person from what you know about them; God qualifies people because of what He wants for them, not what they 'deserve'. I already know you don't understand the things of God as well as I do? Why am I so confident? Because God is always giving me things without me asking, and I always find that the people who make much of religion, the Bible, etc., have less understanding about the things of God. Always. It just works that way. Lol. So. Your turn. Can you answer those questions above? That's a good first step.

If you want to enter spiritual topics, just be warned that little I get is 'stored in my brain' but that most of it comes by direct in-the-moment revelation. This is how I was able to, in under thirty seconds, explain predestination to an elderly Calvinistic couple who was bragging about their research about it. They sat there are stared at me like heart attacks were a possible option at the time. I didn't know anything about predestination before then (or after). But God revealed it to me in the moment. If I know something, I'll share what I know. If I don't know, I'll say I don't know. (But there are many times when I began to say I didn't know but God began to reveal to me and I began to share, and the people I was talking to thought I knew and thought I study the Bible 24/7 when I hadn't spent time reading it in years.) You shouldn't go into the realm of revelation and insight. You don't have the Grace for it.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Oof. You definitely complicated things and make several wrong assumptions. Here are my questions:

1. Where do you get this thing about my knowledge of Revelation and Daniel from? (Paste it here or something.)

2. What truth did I presume to know? (Paste it here.)

3. What revelation by the Holy Spirit do you await?

4. What part of the Word do you want me to share that I have divided so well?

5. When will what come about and what about what prophecies?

6. What do you mean you received knowledge of salvation and you cannot do what yet?

The things you said and the way you've talked on here so far are confusing. So, I'd appreciate it you can answer the questions above. But let me say a few things:

I love myself, and I truly enjoy my own company. This gives me the ability to never take myself too seriously. I hate romance movies but love romantic comedies; that's because they take something serious and don't take it too seriously. You sound too serious. What's going on?

Oh. And another thing. I have a lot of skills and talents. I also learn and pick up on things very quickly, and there really isn't any human activity I don't enjoy (sports, camping, singing, drawing, writing, restaurants, movies, museums, art galleries, symphonies, operas, car racing, cooking, etc.). But those are just things I enjoy, not necessarily things I'm some professional at. I enjoy the Bible too and the things of God. I always wished I could find an older man, a pastor or minister, who understands (and lives) the Bible better than I do. I haven't found that yet. I'm cheering for you guys to be better, and you guys are telling me I'm not good enough. So, let me ask you: do you really think, believe, or feel that you understand the Bible (and the things of God) more than I do?

I'll answer for you: not a chance. I was eighteen, taking the bus for a while to college. On the bus, I'd sometimes find myself chatting with older people-- mostly men-- who were surprised at the understanding I had (especially when I talked to them about raising children... I didn't have children, so how was I to know better than them?). They would ask me my age. My mom always looked 10 - 15 years younger than she was, and I got that from her and always looked younger. At eighteen years old, I didn't look a day over at most sixteen, yet these older people thought I must be at least in my thirties, because they didn't believe that kind of understanding was available to teenagers. They knew I was a teenager, but cognitive dissonance. I write long, and sometimes write unsolicited things about myself, because I want people to exercise their discernment. If you had any, you would be able to tell by what I'm writing the type of person I am (at least a little). It appears you can't. You do not understand the Bible or God as much as I do. Try not to return with emotionalism. I wish you did. I'm cheering for everyone to know more so I can learn more from them.

The things I know about the Bible I tend to get from God, not just from the Bible. I can be hanging out with friends-- hell, I could smoking a cigarette, drinking beers, and chatting with some girls-- and all of a sudden God reveals something to me. I was watching 'King Arthur' at my friend's apartment in 2002. I was not living a godly life though I was trying. During the movie, I saw a lot about how God's Kingdom works (that's another thing: I see spiritual realities in secular things, but I get no upbuilding from christian movies, etc.). After the movie, I stepped outside, lit a cigarette, smoked it, and wept as God 'downloaded' realities about His Kingdom to me from the secular movie I'd just watched. Religious people don't get this and hate it: God gives what He wants to who He wants. You can't correctly qualify a person from what you know about them; God qualifies people because of what He wants for them, not what they 'deserve'. I already know you don't understand the things of God as well as I do? Why am I so confident? Because God is always giving me things without me asking, and I always find that the people who make much of religion, the Bible, etc., have less understanding about the things of God. Always. It just works that way. Lol. So. Your turn. Can you answer those questions above? That's a good first step.

If you want to enter spiritual topics, just be warned that little I get is 'stored in my brain' but that most of it comes by direct in-the-moment revelation. This is how I was able to, in under thirty seconds, explain predestination to an elderly Calvinistic couple who was bragging about their research about it. They sat there are stared at me like heart attacks were a possible option at the time. I didn't know anything about predestination before then (or after). But God revealed it to me in the moment. If I know something, I'll share what I know. If I don't know, I'll say I don't know. (But there are many times when I began to say I didn't know but God began to reveal to me and I began to share, and the people I was talking to thought I knew and thought I study the Bible 24/7 when I hadn't spent time reading it in years.) You shouldn't go into the realm of revelation and insight. You don't have the Grace for it.
Read your own posts. Then ask questions and say things.

Mar 4, 2020
The Bible often hints that God's Word and ways cannot be understood by the human intellect. Neither the Jews, who were religious, nor the Greeks, who were intellectual, were able to understand God's Word. In fact, the Jews who had His Word were the ones who understood it the least. In light of these facts, christians should not assume that since we have a bigger Bible than they did in the past (we have the NT added), we can understand it better.

The average Bible has about 1,200 pages. A 16GB flash drive can hold 300,000 pages of Word documents. God wrote the Bible in such a way that He condensed 300,000 Word document pages into a flash drive called the Bible. To condense means 'to compress'. The Bible can't be 300,000 literal pages otherwise no one could carry one around, so it has been condensed for the average person. It has to be uncondensed or decompressed in order to read all 300,000 pages. The Bible says repeatedly that human beings don't have the intelligence or wisdom to decompress or interpret the Bible correctly. Before Jesus was crucified, He promised that the Holy Spirit would come whose job it would be to uncondense, decompress, unfold, or reveal the Bible to readers.

In Isaiah 55:8-9, God said, "My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways. As high as the heavens are over the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways and My thoughts than your thoughts." This should automatically tell us that the Bible requires an Interpreter for us to understand it and that we can't understand most of it through any human wisdom (Lexicons, Concordances, and Commentaries included). In case this doesn't get that point across, Paul explained to the Corinthians that God speaks in such a way that He cannot be understood unless a believer is 'spiritually-minded' or receives his understanding of God and Scriptures from God (the Holy Spirit) Himself.

In 1Corinthians 2, Paul says, "We have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God. These things we also speak, not in words which man’s wisdom teaches but which the Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual. But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned."

The human intellect can understand history but can't understand the Bible. Paul said that God gave us His Spirit so we can know (ie. understand, apprehend) the things He gives us. This is because the Holy Spirit interprets God to us just like Jesus once did, because our minds and understanding aren't sharp enough to understand God by ourselves. Paul said he and his brethren/partners/fellow ministers did not talk the way people normally talk but used spiritual words and meanings. He then stated that the carnal/natural man (ie. the intellect) is unable to receive or make sense of spiritual things since spiritual things must be apprehended with spiritual rather than 'carnal' senses. Every christian has a natural/carnal man. Paul was speaking only to believers about believers in that passage.

If christians had more understanding and practice of what Paul was saying, the result would be less arguing and debating among christians and more blessings such as the manifestation and miraculous works of God among christians. Does this make sense to anyone? Do you know what Paul was saying in the passage above and why it's important for christians?
I think the next verses really tie together what Paul was saying:

1 Cor. 2:15,16
15The spiritual man judges all things, but he himself is not subject to anyone’s judgment. 16“For who has known the mind of the Lord, so as to instruct Him?” But we have the mind of Christ.

It's like you said, Christians still have a "natural/carnal man" but that shouldn't be all they have. Christians should also have a spiritual nature and in a sense they all do, but they don't necessarily understand it nor understand know how to understand it. Someone who is truly a spiritual man will understand all things.

It's like someone who is smart knows how to pretend to be not smart, but someone who isn't smart can't pretend to be smart; they simply lack the faculties required to exerise higher intellect. Possible due to inexperiece, training, and/or immaturity. In the same way, a natural/carnal person cannot understand spiritual things because they simply don't have the faculties to. Spiritual people, then, being the "smarter" ones, should be able to comprehend both spiritual things and carnal things. They can judge everything.

1 Cor. 2:11
11For who among men knows the thoughts of man except his own spirit within him? So too, no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God.

No one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God. Here's the kicker: if God has given us His Spirit then we can know the thoughts of God and He can literally tell us if we ask and listen.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
I say what I mean and mean what I say. If you want to talk about whatever, then let me know.
You responded to my p9ost in response to an alert I received. Respondng to that you chimed in sosay all you want, and 0pass on all of the dctrine you wish to purport, but when your reply to my response to another, at leasst be honest about your input and do not twist arount things to have some kind of meaningtha tis onlhy perceived by your imagination. Once more, read your input befor acting as though you have some kind of arguemtn, for you do not.

Apr 15, 2022
USA
I think the next verses really tie together what Paul was saying:

1 Cor. 2:15,16
15The spiritual man judges all things, but he himself is not subject to anyone’s judgment. 16“For who has known the mind of the Lord, so as to instruct Him?” But we have the mind of Christ.

It's like you said, Christians still have a "natural/carnal man" but that shouldn't be all they have. Christians should also have a spiritual nature and in a sense they all do, but they don't necessarily understand it nor understand know how to understand it. Someone who is truly a spiritual man will understand all things.

It's like someone who is smart knows how to pretend to be not smart, but someone who isn't smart can't pretend to be smart; they simply lack the faculties required to exerise higher intellect. Possible due to inexperiece, training, and/or immaturity. In the same way, a natural/carnal person cannot understand spiritual things because they simply don't have the faculties to. Spiritual people, then, being the "smarter" ones, should be able to comprehend both spiritual things and carnal things. They can judge everything.

1 Cor. 2:11
11For who among men knows the thoughts of man except his own spirit within him? So too, no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God.

No one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God. Here's the kicker: if God has given us His Spirit then we can know the thoughts of God and He can literally tell us if we ask and listen.
Correct. Due to His Spirit in us, we can know His mind which I think is really important and also fun.

Apr 15, 2022
USA
You responded to my p9ost in response to an alert I received. Respondng to that you chimed in sosay all you want, and 0pass on all of the dctrine you wish to purport, but when your reply to my response to another, at leasst be honest about your input and do not twist arount things to have some kind of meaningtha tis onlhy perceived by your imagination. Once more, read your input befor acting as though you have some kind of arguemtn, for you do not.
No idea what you're saying. I don't have an argument because I don't argue.

You seem to allude to knowledge, or whatever, a lot so if you want to broach a topic to discuss then do it. You're dancing around and saying, "You think you're smart." My guy, come to the table.

If you keep explaining and complaining about me instead of getting to the point, you're going on ignore. Is there something you want to talk about or not? Talk straight or au revoir. Don't waste my time.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Are you basing our ability to understand on Daniel's ability? Or worse: do you think Daniel had more Grace available to him under the old covenant than you do now under the New Covenant?

You said, "If Daniel did not understand it, who would I think I am to interpret it from my puny mind?" Really. So, Daniel is way smarter than you? He's not smarter than me. Somehow, you never got the memo: God doesn't care for man's grading standards and doesn't use the same standard. God gives wisdom (and everything else) to whoever He wants to or whoever asks and keeps asking. He doesn't care about one's accomplishments or whatever else.

But since you missed all the memos regarding this on the Pages of the Bible, Paul would like to tell you that just because something wasn't revealed in the past doesn't mean it won't be revealed in the future. Ie. just because God didn't reveal some things to Daniel doesn't mean He won't reveal those things to you. Of course, if you don't care to do the work of getting those revelations, then you're exempt from having to try.

"Indeed you have heard of the dispensation of the Grace of God which was given to me for you, how that by revelation He made known to me the mystery (as I have briefly written already, by which, when you read, you may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ), which in other ages was not made known to the sons of men as it has now been revealed by the Spirit to His holy apostles and prophets" (Ephesians 3:2-5).

Should be self-explanatory, but here's some help just in case. Paul said that God gave him special knowledge specifically for the Ephesians and that He gave him that hidden knowledge (ie. "mystery") by revelation (ie. not by reading, praying, chanting, meditating, studying, but directly from God just as it was with Daniel). Paul continues that His knowledge about the things of God was because God gave him that knowledge directly (by revelation) for the Ephesians (because the Ephesians would have been wondering how and why he had that knowledge and so Paul's explanation was that a. God gave the knowledge to him b. for them). Finally, and this is very important when talking about Daniel and not being worthy of his revelations (or whatever you said), Paul says that there are truths that were not revealed in the past but that are now being revealed. You didn't live in Daniel's time; you live now. Why would you say that you're unable to 'acquire' the things that were told to Daniel in the past?

Can you find anywhere in the Bible that it says that people who died hundreds and thousands of years ago can be raised to life now (as in raised back to life to continue living on earth like everyone else, and this before the return of Jesus)? Can you find anywhere in the Bible where it talks about narcissistic personality disorder? Can you find a blueprint for a ministry of signs and wonders in Psalm 23? The answer to all those questions is "No" because the things that are hidden and cannot be discerned until the Holy Spirit literally uncovers, unveils, or discloses them to you. But they are only revealed to those who go seeking them, not to those who say, "It can't be done."
Here is where you began twisting into a dialogue with another. I am happy you are putting me on ignore if it pleases you so. God bless you and keep on the job of spying out the land.

Mar 4, 2020
Correct. Due to His Spirit in us, we can know His mind which I think is really important and also fun.
Absolutely it's important and definitely fun. Who doesn't want to not only pray to God, but actually have a conversation with God? We can get first-hand experience into His personality, what His goals are, what He can do, and it really enhcances the whole Bible experience. For me Christianity isn't just armchair spirituality where I read some page in a book and walk away. I experience it in real life.

Among many other things, one notable thing I did was transcribe part of the book of Genesis by listening to God. After checking the Bible, it was part of Genesis 1. I have it written down somewhere in one of my notepads back in the USA.

I have laid hands on people and prayed before and nothing discernible happened, but this last weekend I laid hands on someone and prayed a bit differently. First I asked a question. I asked her something like "Do you believe God can heal you?" and she said yes. I said something to the effect of "Dear Father in heaven, if it be Your will, use my body through the laying on of my hands to help this person. Thank You." and this time I felt something change. I could feel something stirring within me, moving down my arms, then exiting my hands. I asked her, "Did you feel anything?" and she said yes and that she felt something. That moment the problem she was having left her. It as a spiritual problem, not a physical ailment.

Glory to God.

Apr 15, 2022
USA
Here is where you began twisting into a dialogue with another. I am happy you are putting me on ignore if it pleases you so. God bless you and keep on the job of spying out the land.
Oof. A bit scary to me people trying to influence the thinking of others. You're free to ignore all my threads. Goodbye.

Apr 15, 2022
USA
Absolutely it's important and definitely fun. Who doesn't want to not only pray to God, but actually have a conversation with God? We can get first-hand experience into His personality, what His goals are, what He can do, and it really enhcances the whole Bible experience. For me Christianity isn't just armchair spirituality where I read some page in a book and walk away. I experience it in real life.

Among many other things, one notable thing I did was transcribe part of the book of Genesis by listening to God. After checking the Bible, it was part of Genesis 1. I have it written down somewhere in one of my notepads back in the USA.

I have laid hands on people and prayed before and nothing discernible happened, but this last weekend I laid hands on someone and prayed a bit differently. First I asked a question. I asked her something like "Do you believe God can heal you?" and she said yes. I said something to the effect of "Dear Father in heaven, if it be Your will, use my body through the laying on of my hands to help this person. Thank You." and this time I felt something change. I could feel something stirring within me, moving down my arms, then exiting my hands. I asked her, "Did you feel anything?" and she said yes and that she felt something. That moment the problem she was having left her. It as a spiritual problem, not a physical ailment.

Glory to God.
Interactive relationships are better than distant ones. I like to sometimes go to high elevations (camping on a mountain or illegally accessing the roof of a high-rise), stand and look out over land or city, and ask God what He thinks about the city or town or wherever it is. It becomes about God Himself, not about maybe what one can do for God (eg. people prayer walking around an area or 'spiritual mapping' to get some kind of strategy to minister in an area).

Not everyone wants to know God's mind though. But it does give you insight into what God thinks and feels about people and things.

As for healing and knowing God's mind together, in 2013 I met this girl who was seventeen years old at the time. Her brother-in-law was a friend and took me by his mother-in-law's house. This girl was partially paralyzed on her right side, making her waking and movements jerky. I learned that when she was eleven, she was at a beach with her family and best friend. She ended up getting stung by I think it was a box jellyfish which caused the paralysis. I looked at her in that broken state, thinking how unfair that wasn't able to live the life of normal teenager. No real fun, no real freedom, no boys to hang out with and date. I immediately knew that her condition was not God's will (and that He wanted her healed and restored).

This wasn't the "I prayed about it and God's will was revealed to me." This was the way God reveals His will to people who are willing to do it. So, common sense would say this girl's condition wasn't good nor was it God's will. But this wasn't common sense. This was knowing or receiving a portion of God's mind (like the word of knowledge). I was extremely grieved by the girl's condition because where I'd just received God's mind on it (ie. this isn't God's will), I was now feeling the Holy Spirit's feelings (ie. sorrow and grief).

We were there for maybe five minutes, and when we went back to the car to leave, I was by that time drowning in grief (ie. the Holy Spirit's feelings). Then Jesus came down in the manifestation of a mantle of healing. Jesus was there to heal. Now, I'm not religious at all, so I'm not wanting to minister to anyone, but I would've been a vessel at that time. However, though Jesus was there to heal, He didn't tell or move me to go lay hands on her. I was puzzled, but He was there to talk to me about myself and my future. So, the Father manifested first, then the Holy Spirit, then Jesus. This is a common pattern.

So, right there you see a pattern that God often follows and does want to follow with christians: it's easier to do what God tells you if you think like Him and feel like Him about the issue. Most christians are trying to do ministry, etc., without thinking God's thoughts and feeling God's thoughts. But God made us with a spirit and a soul, and those work together with our body. If we're ministering with just our body and no soul (God's feelings) or spirit (God's thoughts), how far do you think we'll go? We'll go as far as we're going now which is nowhere fast.

I'm going to write two quick posts now about the Godhead and how They have related to and do relate to me. I think you might like it. It'll be very appealing for believers whose hearts are after God and who want to grow in Christ. For everyone else, it'll be Chinese.

Shepherd

May 11, 2022
What about Revelation?

Your response is confusing and seems complicated. God's gifts and callings are without repentance. christians who are in sin can still operate in their spiritual gifts. 1Corinthians is a good example of this. I've known satanists who operated in their original calling (because everyone has a calling from God, not just christians) while serving satan. One of them has a calling that is so apparent that he's easily to deceive the christians in the churches he attends. His prayers and preaching sound authentic because he draws from his calling in God in order to deceive christians. Oh, you don't think that happens?

Don't try to box, wrap, and label what God hasn't boxed, wrapped, or labeled. lucifer's gifts from God still operate, and he can quote the Bible and appear as an angel of light. You're complicating what is simple. God's Word is spiritually discerned. Period. Whether you read it from this point of view or that perspective, it is spiritually discerned. I've known pastors who seemed to be 'walkinig in the Spirit' and didn't know the first thing about the Bible. On the other hand, I was smoking cigarettes and hanging out in the world but understood the Bible far better than they did. You're doing what a lot of people do-- you're complicating simple things and simplifying complex things. God uncovers His Word to the humble, not to the 'spiritual'. God's Word is spiritually discerned, not God's Word is discerned by spiritual (ie. religious) people.
It's actually quite simple.

1 Corinthians 2:14But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Yes, the devil can appear as an angel of light, so can his ministers. That's why it's so important to be aware of the "fruit of the Spirit" anytime you're around someone appearing to have "gifts". There are many wolves in sheep clothing out there.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
The Bible often hints that God's Word and ways cannot be understood by the human intellect. Neither the Jews, who were religious, nor the Greeks, who were intellectual, were able to understand God's Word. In fact, the Jews who had His Word were the ones who understood it the least. In light of these facts, christians should not assume that since we have a bigger Bible than they did in the past (we have the NT added), we can understand it better.

The average Bible has about 1,200 pages. A 16GB flash drive can hold 300,000 pages of Word documents. God wrote the Bible in such a way that He condensed 300,000 Word document pages into a flash drive called the Bible. To condense means 'to compress'. The Bible can't be 300,000 literal pages otherwise no one could carry one around, so it has been condensed for the average person. It has to be uncondensed or decompressed in order to read all 300,000 pages. The Bible says repeatedly that human beings don't have the intelligence or wisdom to decompress or interpret the Bible correctly. Before Jesus was crucified, He promised that the Holy Spirit would come whose job it would be to uncondense, decompress, unfold, or reveal the Bible to readers.

In Isaiah 55:8-9, God said, "My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways. As high as the heavens are over the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways and My thoughts than your thoughts." This should automatically tell us that the Bible requires an Interpreter for us to understand it and that we can't understand most of it through any human wisdom (Lexicons, Concordances, and Commentaries included). In case this doesn't get that point across, Paul explained to the Corinthians that God speaks in such a way that He cannot be understood unless a believer is 'spiritually-minded' or receives his understanding of God and Scriptures from God (the Holy Spirit) Himself.

In 1Corinthians 2, Paul says, "We have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God. These things we also speak, not in words which man’s wisdom teaches but which the Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual. But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned."

The human intellect can understand history but can't understand the Bible. Paul said that God gave us His Spirit so we can know (ie. understand, apprehend) the things He gives us. This is because the Holy Spirit interprets God to us just like Jesus once did, because our minds and understanding aren't sharp enough to understand God by ourselves. Paul said he and his brethren/partners/fellow ministers did not talk the way people normally talk but used spiritual words and meanings. He then stated that the carnal/natural man (ie. the intellect) is unable to receive or make sense of spiritual things since spiritual things must be apprehended with spiritual rather than 'carnal' senses. Every christian has a natural/carnal man. Paul was speaking only to believers about believers in that passage.

If christians had more understanding and practice of what Paul was saying, the result would be less arguing and debating among christians and more blessings such as the manifestation and miraculous works of God among christians. Does this make sense to anyone? Do you know what Paul was saying in the passage above and why it's important for christians?
The New Testament has to light of Christ revealed in the gospel , whereas before it was cloaked

“Seeing then that we have such hope, we use great plainness of speech: and not as Moses, which put a vail over his face, that the children of Israel could not stedfastly look to the end of that which is abolished: but their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament;

which vail is done away in Christ. But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart.

Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord, the vail shall be taken away. Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.”
‭‭2 Corinthians‬ ‭3:12-18‬ ‭KJV‬‬

the New Testament is the revelation of the old and what they were saying before we had the Holy Spirit the veil is removed when you come to the gospel , the mysteries are revealed when you step into the light

This removed the veil

“It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.”
‭‭John‬ ‭6:63‬ ‭KJV‬‬

to believers

“Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.

For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.”
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭2:12-16‬ ‭

the gospel was preached by Gods spirit through Jesus Christ , if we want to understand spiritual things we have to start listening to the spirits words those words are plainly spoken , not like the veil and cloak of the ot not like the mysterious prophecies of the ot it’s where all those things are open and bare and made known explained in detail so we don’t have to guess or imagine we can just learn and believe the New Testament d actually start understanding what the old testsment was saying behind the veil

if we believe the gospel we’re going to receive the spirit at that point we won’t have to wonder and guess it’s what removes the veil over the ot

it’s not that we have more scripture now , it’s that God has now made himself and his Will known in plain sight without the new testsment we’d still be waiting for the messiah to show up and teach mankknd salvstion but he came and did that and said believe and I’ll come back one day

Aug 2, 2021
I think your post is great, I just have one knitpick, and that is the concept that intellect were a carnal thing. In some senses, yes, in other senses (particularly in the sense of logos), no.

Even intellect in a carnal sense can be a vehicle for divine revelation much in the same way that other senses can be.

But that said, nice post.
God created us to have intellect.
After the Garden Fall Incident, mans intellect became governed by satan/sin thru the constant emerging philosophies, sciences, religions.....etc

When we become Born-Again and given the Spirit of God we still retain our polluted intellect that now goes thru a cleansing process.

The Cleansing/Healing Process = "man shall not live by bread alone but by every word the proceeds from the Mouth of God."

Satan, knowing this, has created a constant tug of war for the thoughts of our mind.

This is why there is constant confusion in the world and christianity since most people have not surrendered to "every word that proceeds from the Mouth of God."

Thus we have many scriptures referencing this spiritual 'Tug of War' for the mind and hearts of men.
Here is just one.

I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:1-2

Jun 20, 2022
much of the Bible even Atheist can understand. we have a Lineage from Adam to Yeshua. we have a line of Historical Events + Historical Factual People. we have the Heavenly Realm and the Dark Evil Realm. we have a Heaven and Hell. we have the First Church set-up + Apostles preaching, teaching, baptizing. we have Jesus. we have the antichrist. we have Jesus Coming Back + Armageddon and 1,000 year Reign. where most people get lost at is why some of these historical Events happened, why some of the Lineage Events took place, and the true meaning behind what is Inspired by God especially towards God's Purpose for us, His Promises, His Mercy and Grace, and of course Prophecy.

the Bible itself is a very easy read.

but it comes ALIVE when you read it full of the Holy Spirit!

Apr 15, 2022
USA
much of the Bible even Atheist can understand. we have a Lineage from Adam to Yeshua. we have a line of Historical Events + Historical Factual People. we have the Heavenly Realm and the Dark Evil Realm. we have a Heaven and Hell. we have the First Church set-up + Apostles preaching, teaching, baptizing. we have Jesus. we have the antichrist. we have Jesus Coming Back + Armageddon and 1,000 year Reign. where most people get lost at is why some of these historical Events happened, why some of the Lineage Events took place, and the true meaning behind what is Inspired by God especially towards God's Purpose for us, His Promises, His Mercy and Grace, and of course Prophecy.

the Bible itself is a very easy read.

but it comes ALIVE when you read it full of the Holy Spirit!
Yeap.

Hazelelponi

Jul 8, 2019
USA
Personal example here.

Prior to being saved I didn't grasp salvation through Jesus. Couldn't wrap my head around it, made no sense to me.

It wasn't that I didn't have a very knowledgeable individual trying their best to explain it to me, but it didn't help. I got to the point I knew Islam was wrong, Mohammed little more than a liar and a fraud, and the God of the Bible likely the true God (of the two)...

But I just couldn't understand salvation - so I couldn't be Christian either.

So I was just kind of in this weird limbo for a while... I gave up trying to figure it out and just went on with life without any solid ground under my feet.

2 years later (or there abouts) out of nowhere I had a dream. In this dream the Angel of God came to me, sat me down and explained salvation to me.

Boom. I was saved. I was saved inside the dream, and confirmed it after waking. I was then filled with the Holy Spirit.

After that it was like floodgates opening. I "heard" (inside my head) Bible verses almost constantly. At first I didn't know what I was hearing so I used Google because I couldn't shake feeling like these words meant something.

In Googling I found out I was suddenly hearing various Bible verses.. kind of odd but definitely true.

This began my initial instruction into the meaning of Scripture. By the end of year one after being saved I had a basic systematic theology down - taught by the Holy Spirit.

At that point I gravitated to the Pastors, Teachers and Brethren who had the same or similar Scriptural understanding as I now had, and have stayed in that lane ever since, though my knowledge and understanding still continue to grow - and likely won't stop before my death.

That is a dramatic example, most certainly. But it is one example of how we get understanding from God. God reveals to all of His people, in some way that is right for them (not typically so dramatic as mine) the Truth of His Word...

Maybe the path for some takes them decades to arrive at, maybe for others a day... But we will all get to the right place in the end.

Hazelelponi

Jul 8, 2019
USA
P.S. I don't typically tell people any of the above. Most people don't understand, so I stopped telling people. No real point in doing so, when the Bible is sufficient.

Aug 2, 2021
Personal example here.

Prior to being saved I didn't grasp salvation through Jesus. Couldn't wrap my head around it, made no sense to me.

It wasn't that I didn't have a very knowledgeable individual trying their best to explain it to me, but it didn't help. I got to the point I knew Islam was wrong, Mohammed little more than a liar and a fraud, and the God of the Bible likely the true God (of the two)...

But I just couldn't understand salvation - so I couldn't be Christian either.

So I was just kind of in this weird limbo for a while... I gave up trying to figure it out and just went on with life without any solid ground under my feet.

2 years later (or there abouts) out of nowhere I had a dream. In this dream the Angel of God came to me, sat me down and explained salvation to me.

Boom. I was saved. I was saved inside the dream, and confirmed it after waking. I was then filled with the Holy Spirit.

After that it was like floodgates opening. I "heard" (inside my head) Bible verses almost constantly. At first I didn't know what I was hearing so I used Google because I couldn't shake feeling like these words meant something.

In Googling I found out I was suddenly hearing various Bible verses.. kind of odd but definitely true.

This began my initial instruction into the meaning of Scripture. By the end of year one after being saved I had a basic systematic theology down - taught by the Holy Spirit.

At that point I gravitated to the Pastors, Teachers and Brethren who had the same or similar Scriptural understanding as I now had, and have stayed in that lane ever since, though my knowledge and understanding still continue to grow - and likely won't stop before my death.

That is a dramatic example, most certainly. But it is one example of how we get understanding from God. God reveals to all of His people, in some way that is right for them (not typically so dramatic as mine) the Truth of His Word...

Maybe the path for some takes them decades to arrive at, maybe for others a day... But we will all get to the right place in the end.
What did the angel explain to you?
What did he say?