Thinking out loud

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
I can not find his exact quote, but I am reminded of how much beauty we take for granted. As a child, so much would provide wonder, but as an adult, we chase the idea of wonder.

G. K. Chesterton along the lines said, “We once would marvel over the horse until we were bored with the reality and stuck a horn its head and called it a unicorn.”

Of course, we are made in the image of God, so we have this desire to create and recover the beauty we inwardly desire that opposes the darkness of a cruel and wicked world.

While some wish to use this trait to contribute to the darkness, we learned how to split an atom, and in this ability, it brought forth the energy to give light to a whole city or in the creation of a bomb to wipe the city off the face of the planet. In the hands of the moral, we see the beauty of what we create. In the hands of the wicked, we see the darkness of our creation.

We discovered how to create fire, used it to light our homes, cook our food and warm our baths. But we also found its use in war as fire can spread from buildings, ignite the end of an arrow, or be mixed with chemicals to create Greek fire.

War is necessary to combat evil, but we can never let our creativity become the thinking of those building the tower of Babel. Or as recent as Jeff Bezos pours millions into a company seeking the secret to eternal life.

So many no longer see the beauty in God's design. We have lost the marvel and the joy of this design. As Chesterton said, we grow bored of the horse and must create a unicorn. One is real, while the other is fake. We have traded in reality for fantasy, where people have lost their sense of identity. No purpose, no mission, and confusion on who they are even down to the DNA of gender.

Let us not lose the awe and joy of God's design. Once we do, we lose our sense of reality.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
it's not cruel and wicked for everyone.
The worlds ruler is Satan and we are told before the rapture it will be like the days of Noah. There is more wickedness as only a few find the road to life. The gates to Hell are wide and many will find it.

Bleed

Dec 8, 2019
Satan is not around in my world.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
Then you must be dead. World defined as this planet we live on. Scripture says he is the ruler of this world and spiritual warfare says he is always prowling around you.

Bleed

Dec 8, 2019
i died 3 times in one night.
trust me, i know what dead is.
we all live in our own worlds on the same planet.

GaryA

Truth, Honesty, Love, Courage
Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
That being the case - let me ask you something...

How do you know that anyone other than you actually exists?

Bleed

Dec 8, 2019
it's called having Faith.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
No new age stuff. We all have the same reality same world.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
um

Have you ever read the book 'Thelma the unicorn' by Aaron Blabey

Regarding horses vs unicorns. I have horse books in my library and I also have unicorn books. I would say the horse books are more popular. Children, or rather girls, get bored of unicorns as they grow older and start getting interested in real horses and ponies. By that time they are old enough to ride them.

so in my little world its actually the opposite! But I do think you either need to be rich (enough to join a pony club or afford a horse) or live in the country side to fully appreciate horses.

Those of us who are poor urbanites may just have to make do with our imaginations.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I can not find his exact quote, but I am reminded of how much beauty we take for granted. As a child, so much would provide wonder, but as an adult, we chase the idea of wonder.

G. K. Chesterton along the lines said, “We once would marvel over the horse until we were bored with the reality and stuck a horn its head and called it a unicorn.”

Of course, we are made in the image of God, so we have this desire to create and recover the beauty we inwardly desire that opposes the darkness of a cruel and wicked world.

While some wish to use this trait to contribute to the darkness, we learned how to split an atom, and in this ability, it brought forth the energy to give light to a whole city or in the creation of a bomb to wipe the city off the face of the planet. In the hands of the moral, we see the beauty of what we create. In the hands of the wicked, we see the darkness of our creation.

We discovered how to create fire, used it to light our homes, cook our food and warm our baths. But we also found its use in war as fire can spread from buildings, ignite the end of an arrow, or be mixed with chemicals to create Greek fire.

War is necessary to combat evil, but we can never let our creativity become the thinking of those building the tower of Babel. Or as recent as Jeff Bezos pours millions into a company seeking the secret to eternal life.

So many no longer see the beauty in God's design. We have lost the marvel and the joy of this design. As Chesterton said, we grow bored of the horse and must create a unicorn. One is real, while the other is fake. We have traded in reality for fantasy, where people have lost their sense of identity. No purpose, no mission, and confusion on who they are even down to the DNA of gender.

Let us not lose the awe and joy of God's design. Once we do, we lose our sense of reality.
Interesting thoughts.

(The following thought is no reflection on your thoughts, for the record.)

There are those who use things for good, those who use things for evil... Then there are those who watch the evil ones and try to ban anything they might use for evil.

You can use a hammer to build a house, or you can use it to bash somebody's skull in - we must ban all hammers for our safety! :eek:

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I have found the only way for satan to not bother me at all, is for me to do what he wants.

If I'm going against what satan wants, he fights tooth-and-nail.

I'm not sure what you meant about satan not being around in your world, but if you don't see him... I'd be concerned about that if I were you.

Bleed

Dec 8, 2019
I have found the only way for satan to not bother me at all, is for me to do what he wants.

I'm not sure what you meant about satan not being around in your world, but if you don't see him... I'd be concerned about that if I were you.
i see what you're saying, with rape and murder, ect.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
Interesting thoughts.

(The following thought is no reflection on your thoughts, for the record.)

There are those who use things for good, those who use things for evil... Then there are those who watch the evil ones and try to ban anything they might use for evil.

You can use a hammer to build a house, or you can use it to bash somebody's skull in - we must ban all hammers for our safety! :eek:
You didn't hear? There was a hammer uprising!

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
um

Have you ever read the book 'Thelma the unicorn' by Aaron Blabey

Regarding horses vs unicorns. I have horse books in my library and I also have unicorn books. I would say the horse books are more popular. Children, or rather girls, get bored of unicorns as they grow older and start getting interested in real horses and ponies. By that time they are old enough to ride them.

so in my little world its actually the opposite! But I do think you either need to be rich (enough to join a pony club or afford a horse) or live in the country side to fully appreciate horses.

Those of us who are poor urbanites may just have to make do with our imaginations.
Imagination isn't bad it only becomes corrupt when we lose the awe of God's design.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Imagination isn't bad it only becomes corrupt when we lose the awe of God's design.
I think people had already lost the awe of Gods design when adam and eve were banished from the garden of eden.

Now humans are forever trying to get it back.

GaryA

Truth, Honesty, Love, Courage
Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us

Sounds like my experience.