THINKING SOMEONE LIKES YOU WHEN THEY ACTUALLY DON'T

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Encouragement

Aug 25, 2020
Hi have you been in the situation when you think someone likes you❤ and start thinking all sorts then realise they were actually just being friendly towards you and that you had misinterpreted their behaviour?Or has your naturally friendly interaction with someone been misread by them whereby they'e thinking that you like them ❤..and at some point you have to let then know that you are just being friendly and have no romantic feelings towards them?When I was a young Christian there was someone in my bible study who i got on so well with..she was super friendly and i soon misinterpreted her beautifully friendly manner as a sign that she like me ❤..so one day we had a chat and it turned out she didn't like me at all in the way..just saw me as a friend thats it...
It did clear the air for me coz for weeks I was thinking all sorts and kept analysing her interaction with me as being displays of romantic affection when she was just actually being friendly😂
Also i have noticed over the years that sometimes single Christians may have issues mixing together sometimes because there is somehow the presumption that someone gonna mistake their friendliness for something else🤷‍♀️This can make singles Christian have feeling of unease sometimes and sometimes it doesn't even happen like that anyway...natural friendships are formed between the sexes without anything being misread...although it can and does happen sometimes too.
People can even be a bit defensive coz they somehow assume you're gonna get clingy or think they like you or even like them..
I mean most of us can have platonic friendships without assuming the other person is gonna somehow think we like them ❤..just because we're being friendly and enjoying their company..
Love to hear from you..😊
Has your friendliness been mistaken for something else by someone or have you misread someones friendliness to you..thinking they have feeling for you..when infact they're just
being friendly?
Sometimes it can be embarrassing or uncomfortable pending on what happens..

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I called the guywho was kinda harassing me everytime I jumped in the ute with him on jobs 'Mr Friendly'. He did this to every gal he worked with though. But it was super uncomfortable for every gal.

we just kinda ignored it or learned to ignore it and get on with the job. Flirting back was seen as a sign you accepted it. You couldnt report him to management because all the management were blokes too and wouldnt have understood..cos only the gals would get harassed.

This happens a lot in male dominated workplaces. In female dominated ones the males working in them dont really get the overload of morning teas with cakes all the time. But they just eat them anyway, nothing they could do to stop women from wanting to be social and chit chat.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Chit chat usually consists of mundane topics like...oh I shouldnt be eating this cake it makes me so fat. Then eating it anyway.

I really didnt get that. Conversations about complaining about the abundance of food...? so first world lol

as friendliness I just think its safer to assume people are being friendly than presume they are being romantic. till they start talking about inapporpriate things like wanting to move in with you and doing stuff with your body. um..k, bye.

Encouragement

Aug 25, 2020
I called the guywho was kinda harassing me everytime I jumped in the ute with him on jobs 'Mr Friendly'. He did this to every gal he worked with though. But it was super uncomfortable for every gal.

we just kinda ignored it or learned to ignore it and get on with the job. Flirting back was seen as a sign you accepted it. You couldnt report him to management because all the management were blokes too and wouldnt have understood..cos only the gals would get harassed.

This happens a lot in male dominated workplaces. In female dominated ones the males working in them dont really get the overload of morning teas with cakes all the time. But they just eat them anyway, nothing they could do to stop women from wanting to be social and chit chat.
This guy sounds like a bit of creep then..coz 5hete ste guys whose motives are totally sexual towards females and many times their super friendliness is really a seductive for of behaviour with the aim of hoping one if the females will react to it with the desire to be with him.👎👎..
No thanks.. 😫😫😫
All that play on words and innuendoes..🙄🙄🙄
I have known guys who work within a mostly female environment and sometimes they are mothered by the older women their...sometimes he can even become the "male dictionary" If they are chatting about men and boy he can feel the heat sometimes as the only due there..🔥🔥🔥

Encouragement

Aug 25, 2020
Chit chat usually consists of mundane topics like...oh I shouldnt be eating this cake it makes me so fat. Then eating it anyway.

I really didnt get that. Conversations about complaining about the abundance of food...? so first world lol

as friendliness I just think its safer to assume people are being friendly than presume they are being romantic. till they start talking about inapporpriate things like wanting to move in with you and doing stuff with your body. um..k, bye.
Yer I guess we all have different mindsets and triggers when interacting with the opposite sex.Most of the time one just gets on with it...yet there are those occasions when things get muddled still within a healthy situation.Also if someone is vulnerable and can become emotionally attached to someome who is just being friendly too
Yet belive me if someones gonna take the conversation to the level you described most definitely get the heck outta there...🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️
It's one thing to ask someone out for a drink of meal ect..but to start chatting about moving in with ya and saying sexually inappropriate stuff like that....are they crazy.??🤣🤣🤣🙄🙄🙄

GaryA

Truth, Honesty, Love, Courage
Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
I'm curious --- just what exactly did he do that was 'super uncomfortable for every gal'?

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I'm curious --- just what exactly did he do that was 'super uncomfortable for every gal'?
oh just talk about his fantasies and stuff Im not gonna go into graphic deets. The other thing he did was just kind of be super nosy about everything.

Encouragement

Aug 25, 2020
😀 I can't imagine someone who's painfully shy finding interest in me but I suppose anything's possible. 😀
Oh belive me it most certainly happen.I hear a story about a guy who likes a lady in church but rather than do anything he decided to pray about things (I guess it can be easier to pray than to do something about it)..during which time someone else eventually liked her....got on with it..and she began dating this other guy..🤣
Yet she has NO idea that the other guy liked her who just decided to keep praying about it all

IToreTheSky

Aug 20, 2020
N.Y.
Oh belive me it most certainly happen.I hear a story about a guy who likes a lady in church but rather than do anything he decided to pray about things (I guess it can be easier to pray than to do something about it)..during which time someone else eventually liked her....got on with it..and she began dating this other guy..🤣
Yet she has NO idea that the other guy liked her who just decided to keep praying about it all
That's true! I think ppl can use prayer as a crutch or excuse not to act. Not saying be all crazy and impulsive but you know what I mean jellybean.😆

Encouragement

Aug 25, 2020
That's true! I think ppl can use prayer as a crutch or excuse not to act. Not saying be all crazy and impulsive but you know what I mean jellybean.😆
😂😂😂😂JELLYBEAN..(cant even find an emoji for that..)..
Yes we can hide can behind many things esp prayer..often due to fear or uncertainty..fear of rejection of things not working out can be a real area of concern at times.
However sometimes we just need to normal about things with wisdom and prayer yes..
..with the right balance
I know some one who got married to a woman I his church but didnt really pray abou things at all....ended in divorce...he just assumed coz she was a Christian it would be all ok so didnt bother to pray much about things.🤷‍♀️

IToreTheSky

Aug 20, 2020
N.Y.
😂😂😂😂JELLYBEAN..(cant even find an emoji for that..)..
Yes we can hide can behind many things esp prayer..often due to fear or uncertainty..fear of rejection of things not working out can be a real area of concern at times.
However sometimes we just need to normal about things with wisdom and prayer yes..
..with the right balance
I know some one who got married to a woman I his church but didnt really pray abou things at all....ended in divorce...he just assumed coz she was a Christian it would be all ok so didnt bother to pray much about things.🤷‍♀️
Amen! And just between us I think they need to create a jellybean emoji.😀

GaryA

Truth, Honesty, Love, Courage
Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
Amen! And just between us I think they need to create a jellybean emoji.😀
Iam pretty sure we can come up with something funny and wacky for an emoji😂😂
And, of course, the first thing to do is figure out how to express the 'jellybean' emotion graphically on an 'emoji' face...??? :D

What does the 'jellybean' emotion look like? :unsure:

melita916

Aug 12, 2011
there were a couple of times i thought a guy liked me, and i was completely wrong lololol.

Encouragement

Aug 25, 2020
there were a couple of times i thought a guy liked me, and i was completely wrong lololol.
Hi melita916 nice of you to pop by..😊😊
Yer easily done sometimes..then privately our hearts may start crying...luckily no one else know this..😂

Encouragement

Aug 25, 2020
And, of course, the first thing to do is figure out how to express the 'jellybean' emotion graphically on an 'emoji' face...??? :D

What does the 'jellybean' emotion look like? :unsure:
Good question...gonna have to think on that one and also consult my design team..😊😊
but it must have the look of a face drawn onto a rugbyball shaped sweet somehow..🤔🤔

Ruby123

Mar 1, 2019
Good question...gonna have to think on that one and also consult my design team..😊😊
but it must have the look of a face drawn onto a rugbyball shaped sweet somehow..🤔🤔
here you go.............