This affects us all and needs to be addressed

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
He promises He will never leave me and us. I can never be alone.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
That article made some pretty good points.

You might want to make it more clear that there is an article link to click on. Some people will probably miss that "Loneliness" is a hyperlink and think you are just starting a thread with a one-word opening post.

For everybody else, this is the link:

https://churchleaders.com/outreach-...lrWtUO6QfcM__p6ahLkzXKbRPJ3pGAHMY58-Yuj8dTZuw

What the author called "active listening" is important, and something you don't come by naturally. You gotta practice it. Most of all it takes actually caring about what the person is saying, not just patiently waiting until he runs out of stuff to talk about. You have to love somebody before you get the information most people use to decide whether they will love a person.

My grandmother was a master at it. She could go over and sit down beside a visitor at our church and start a conversation, and on her side it would be mostly listening, with a few questions here and there, and make new people feel like she had known them for years.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
The 1st century church sold they're excess properties and held they're substance in common, sharing one with another, the "church" was always intended to the body of believers, never a place or institution, it needs to be restored to right practice or go away.

Silverwings

Jul 27, 2016
That article made some pretty good points.

You might want to make it more clear that there is an article link to click on. Some people will probably miss that "Loneliness" is a hyperlink and think you are just starting a thread with a one-word opening post.

For everybody else, this is the link:

https://churchleaders.com/outreach-...lrWtUO6QfcM__p6ahLkzXKbRPJ3pGAHMY58-Yuj8dTZuw

What the author called "active listening" is important, and something you don't come by naturally. You gotta practice it. Most of all it takes actually caring about what the person is saying, not just patiently waiting until he runs out of stuff to talk about. You have to love somebody before you get the information most people use to decide whether they will love a person.

My grandmother was a master at it. She could go over and sit down beside a visitor at our church and start a conversation, and on her side it would be mostly listening, with a few questions here and there, and make new people feel like she had known them for years.
THANK YOU LYNX, FOR POSTING THIS, AND MY HUSBAND WAS A MASTER AT COMMUNICATION ALSO, HE HAD A GIFT FOR GAB AND COULD MAKE ANYONE FEEL LOVED AND WANTED AND IMPORTANT. GOD REST HIS SOUL. WE NEED MORE LIKE HIM AND YOUR GRANDMOTHER.

Silverwings

Jul 27, 2016
I TRUELY WISH I COULD COMMUNICATE BETTER, THE MORE I TRY THE LESS i HAVE TO SAY, BUT IT IS NOT BECAUSE I DO NOT CARE I SIMPLY DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO SAY.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
how about - "Jesus loves me, this I know"

Feb 28, 2016
my wife has this very special 'gift' of listening to others - perfect strangers
will come up to her and just start talking to her, and she always hears and
gives good council according to the needs of each individual, I admire
her greatly and thank God for uniting us as one...

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Thank you for the reminder to, listen, I have had several people say things like, "I don't know why I am telling you this", and I can then forget and lapse into talking when I am supposed to listen and seek His direction in what to do or say.
Thank you and bless you in Jesus name.

Jan 19, 2021
www.angelicwarlord.com
In 1985, the most common number of friends listed was three; 59 percent of respondents listed three or more friends fitting this description. But by 2004, the most common number of friends with whom you would discuss important matters was zero. And only 37 percent of respondents listed three or more friends. Back in 1985, only 10 percent indicated that they had zero confidants. In 2004, this number had skyrocketed to 25 percent.
Thanks for posting the link to the article- very interesting read. I think the trend in numbers to 'zero confidants' reflects our current online society, where with the start of the health crisis it is possible for a person to completely alienate themselves from society when factoring:

-you can spend an entire day working at home by yourself
-have your groceries and meals delivered to your home
-on Sunday morning watch church services online as opposed to attending in person

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
On the other hand, when we walk in the presence of the Lord and pray in the divine language as He requires we can do His good will and assure our eternity is blessed.
No fun being around those who stop at pew warming and/or holding to an outward from of godliness denying His power, as most do so sadly.
I would much rather be with the Lord than most people.
blessings

GiveThanks

God Will Make A Way
Dec 6, 2020
I can certainly relate to what that article is saying.

Silverwings

Jul 27, 2016
Thanks for posting the link to the article- very interesting read. I think the trend in numbers to 'zero confidants' reflects our current online society, where with the start of the health crisis it is possible for a person to completely alienate themselves from society when factoring:

-you can spend an entire day working at home by yourself
-have your groceries and meals delivered to your home
-on Sunday morning watch church services online as opposed to attending in person
Yes it has almost been a year now since this thing started, and church has been shut down for months now, visiting was not a lot before but it is non existant now. We are not islands, we are supposed to be community.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Good morning Silverwings, how are you today?

Silverwings

Jul 27, 2016
Hello friend, I am good, hope things are that way with you too? Still covid free Praise God!! It is unusual to hear from anyone in the group and you make the second person this week! Were you and Levi discussing my post perhaps? And you both decided to contact me? If so it is good to hear from you both, if not it is ok, maybe just a coincidence? I am not on as much as I once was, I guess there is just not enough hours in the day! Its nice to be thought about, thanks!! God Bless!!

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
No, we weren't "in cahoots" ha, I trust it is another work of Holy Spirit to bring you to mind, "He cares for you" as the verse says. Good to hear back.
bless you