This Corona virus pandemic could be the weapon that takes our liberties away , all in the name of saving lives?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com
I'm browsing channels late night, can't sleep. I come across One America News Network, which is my hubby's favorite because they don't cloud reporting with partisan bias. Me, I don't watch the news or read the newspapers.

In this one late night segment tonight it is all Corona virus related. All reporting. Maybe I was suppose to see this.
In Spain, their death toll to the virus has topped China. In Spain police are arresting anyone found outside because they're disobeying the lawful order to stay home. But the cops aren't doing that. What makes them immune to the virus?

A New Jersey man is facing years in prison for allegedly coughing in a woman's face and telling her he has the virus. He's being prosecuted under a terrorism law here in the U.S..
A New Jersey man has been charged with making terroristic threats after allegedly coughing in the direction of a local supermarket employee and claiming he suffered from the coronavirus
The story below. Full report is here.
. The state's attorney general, Gurbir Grewal, announced the charges against George Falcone on Tuesday.

Here's how his office explains what happened at a Wegmans supermarket on Sunday evening:

"The employee was concerned that Falcone was standing too close to her and an open display of prepared foods, so she requested that he step back as she covered the food. Instead, Falcone allegedly stepped forward to within 3 feet of her, leaned toward her, and purposely coughed. He allegedly laughed and said he was infected with the coronavirus. Falcone subsequently told two other employees they are lucky to have jobs."​

In addition to the third-degree terrorist threats charge, the attorney general's office has also accused Falcone, 50, of harassment and obstructing law or other governmental functions. All told, Grewal says the man now faces the possibility of more than six years in state prison and thousands of dollars in fines.... [more]

New York allegedly has the highest number of cases currently of CV patients. The Maryland governor today said anyone who travels in the tri-state area, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, will be required to self-quarantine for 14 days! (The Hill article) How are they going to enforce that exactly?
Florida is doing the same thing with regards to anyone who traveled to NYC in the last three weeks. Again, how are they going to ascertain this in order to insure compliance?

In China not that long ago news broadcasts showed China police members stopping cars and checking people for the virus by taking their temperature.

Sweden however is a whole different thing. Their businesses are open and opening earlier than usual to accommodate shoppers. Their PM said that they have to trust their people to do what is right during this crisis.

Our U.S military is on shutdown, all personnel ordered to stay where they are, for the next three weeks.
Military bases close to visitors, cancel events, place service members under quarantine to stop virus

Florida and Texas have been declared disaster areas by President Trump, due to Corona.
Sweden is open for business. Their businesses are opening early to accommodate shoppers. The PM there saying they have to trust their people know how to be responsible during this Corona virus pandemic. Meanwhile, the Democrats here on the hill are condemning Trump for not being more strict on business shut downs because the economy isn't worth people risking their lives to the virus.
Syria has issued a curfew order due to Corona. There's talk in America of travel ban's between states.

OK, here's the thought. Years ago there was this news story that hit the air once, and wasn't repeated after the first airing. Which is odd. The report concerned prisons being built but not populated by prisoners after construction was finished. Railroad tracks being laid behind them too. And a ghost staff manning the facilities.
As I recall these were going up in the central U.S. mainly. Many in the area thought they were to take the pressure off what was even then a huge issue of prison overcrowding in all states. Yet, those new prisons remained empty of prisoners. Of course conspiracy theorists then, this was during Bush43, were saying it was going to be a FEMA control that was going to come into power and dissidents were to be housed in those prisons. Slowly that rumor faded.

What if those prisons remain empty still? Only now with this Corona virus panic will soon be filled with people who refuse to comply with the following. Self quarantine. And also, refusing to not travel outside home state lines. Also, remember that guy who's facing terrorism charges for coughing and telling the grocery employee he had Corona?

What if those who will also populate those prisons are people who appear sick while out in public? The ultimate self-quarantine afforded by being taken into government custody for a term. When this virus is said to be able to lay dormant for 14 days before any symptoms appear, where is the red flag ? Wherever a government order plants it.

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
I can't see how Corona is anything else.

Banning churches, banning travel, enforcing curfew, bringing in martial law, crashing the economy, probably introducing forced vaccination (mark of the Beast perhaps?) and many more features that have long been goals of the NWO and fears of all freedom-loving people , and instead of turning away in disgust, the people cheer. This is how freedom dies... And all over a cold.

Pretty sad and insanely stupid. He who would choose security over freedom deserves neither.

I wouldn't favour such controls even for an epidemic of black-death, let alone a common cold with a flashy name.

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com
New release movies that would otherwise be in the now closed theaters nation wide are being released on Cable providers.
Restaurants are open for take out and delivery only.
A store here that sells self serve Krispy Kreme donuts now stocks them as individually wrapped by KK.
Stores that aren't full inventory stores, like Walmart is, are closed. But you can buy on-line and have everything delivered.

And I think we were being readied for this for at least a year prior. When we could stay home and order anything we need and have it delivered, we were being led to self-isolate even then, getting use to the comfort of staying home and having our shopping come to us. We can even go to school or work from home.

Remember years ago when we started seeing China's people in the news wearing surgical masks? Due to the air pollution there? I remember thinking, how would it feel to live like that?

The contained nation; USA.
I think we're seeing our new normal.

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
New release movies that would otherwise be in the now closed theaters nation wide are being released on Cable providers.
Restaurants are open for take out and delivery only.
A store here that sells self serve Krispy Kreme donuts now stocks them as individually wrapped by KK.
Stores that aren't full inventory stores, like Walmart is, are closed. But you can buy on-line and have everything delivered.

And I think we were being readied for this for at least a year prior. When we could stay home and order anything we need and have it delivered, we were being led to self-isolate even then, getting use to the comfort of staying home and having our shopping come to us. We can even go to school or work from home.

Remember years ago when we started seeing China's people in the news wearing surgical masks? Due to the air pollution there? I remember thinking, how would it feel to live like that?

The contained nation; USA.
I think we're seeing our new normal.
trump is being slammed for saying the lockdowns should end after the next couple of weeks. businesses are changing their logos. more states and cities are going into lockdown.

so, yes , it would seem as if this is the new normal

E

EleventhHour

I can't see how Corona is anything else.

Banning churches, banning travel, enforcing curfew, bringing in martial law, crashing the economy, probably introducing forced vaccination (mark of the Beast perhaps?) and many more features that have long been goals of the NWO and fears of all freedom-loving people , and instead of turning away in disgust, the people cheer. This is how freedom dies... And all over a cold.

Pretty sad and insanely stupid. He who would choose security over freedom deserves neither.

I wouldn't favour such controls even for an epidemic of black-death, let alone a common cold with a flashy name.
Ironic

Do you live off the grid, no probably not.

The only person who can make a case for freedom is the person who lives off the grid because that is the only person who is prepared, the rest cry for freedom and yet take in everything the government gives them.... they actually like it and want it.

People let them themselves be enslaved a long time ago and you sir unless you are completely self-sufficient are enslaved as well.. so all your rhetoric is meaningless.

What you are basically stating is........ I will take what I want from the government but the government has no control over me.. well I got news for you it does not work that way!!

Sure lets let others die so I can have my freedom, which is really, I want what I want when I want it... and people actually liked your illogical post.

And get your facts straight the common cold does not kill people, your post has no credibility at all.

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
Ironic

The only person who can make a case for freedom is the person who lives off the grid because that is the only person who is prepared, the rest cry for freedom and yet take in everything the government gives them.... they actually like it and want it.

People let them themselves be enslaved a long time ago and you sir unless you are completely self-sufficient are enslaved as well.. so all your rhetoric is meaningless.

What you are basically stating is........ I will take what I want from the government but the government has no control over me.. well I got news for you it does not work that way!!

Sure lets let others die so I can have my freedom, which is really, I want what I want when I want it... and people actually liked your illogical post.

And get your facts straight the common cold does not kill people, your post has no credibility at all.
while I 100% disagree with all this freedom snatching stuff, and while there are some work arounds here and there, I have a question for all the " defy the lockdowns , do what you want" crowd-

I am a part time caregiver for my 71 year mother. now, in the 70.000 people town I live in. there are only 44 cases.

buy, if I go out and defy orders, go downtown and stage a protest, and get thrown in jail, my chances of contacting the virus go WAY up, as jails are not very clean.

which means my chances of infecting my mom goes WAY up.

and, while the death rate is still below 2%, and the vast majority of the cases are mild, we still have to respectful and love others as ourselves,.

and, you are right. we can raise hell all we want, but unless we are completely independent . we are slaves …...

E

EleventhHour

while I 100% disagree with all this freedom snatching stuff, and while there are some work arounds here and there, I have a question for all the " defy the lockdowns , do what you want" crowd-

I am a part time caregiver for my 71 year mother. now, in the 70.000 people town I live in. there are only 44 cases.

buy, if I go out and defy orders, go downtown and stage a protest, and get thrown in jail, my chances of contacting the virus go WAY up, as jails are not very clean.

and, while the death rate is still below 2%, and the vast majority of the cases are mild, we still have to respectful and love others as ourselves,.

and, you are right. we can raise hell all we want, but unless we are completely independent . we are slaves …...
Which freedom ... going to see a movie?

This is not going to on forever.

Even China as oppressive as it is is allowing people to move about again

The thing is most people like and take in what the government has to give so lets not fool ourselves.

The time to protest is after the threat of illness is over if at all.

But it is probably too late .. there already has been a bi partisan bill (EARN IT Bill), meaning they are in on it together, passed in early March that allows the government to scan and survey all online messages.

Nothing will change in the USA until the people step out of the left-right paradigm of politics and so far it is not looking too good.

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
Ironic

Actually, I am a tax-payer, and therefore the government is (or should be at law) my employee. I take electricity, water, hospitals etc. from the government, because I pay for them.

I would be quite happy to let the government go, as it is a lazy, incompetent and stupid employee, which takes far more than it is worth. This view is called the free-market, or more simply, freedom.

Only those people who catch this alleged disease (which I have yet to see evidence for of being any different to a common cold) are at risk of dying from it. I therefore propose such people stay at home so far as their finances allow, and the rest of us continue working and getting on with life as normal. A simple solution, freedom is maintained, and nobody dies.

E

EleventhHour

I take electricity, water, hospitals etc. from the government, because I pay for them.
Exactly you have bought into the system and the system you have bought into gets to make the rules and terms of service.
If do not like the rules then it is up to to you get out. Most people live under the delusion they can change the system.

When you use words like "alleged disease" means you have an extreme bias outside of undisputed facts and therefore no rational conversation can be had.

I prefer not to travel down dead end streets.

GaryA

Truth, Honesty, Love, Courage
Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
Nothing will change in the USA until the people step out of the left-right paradigm of politics and so far it is not looking too good.
Why can you not understand that this is one of the things that the 'freedom' people are trying to get others to see clearly and actually do something about?

Your words and actions (the way you appear to be by the way you write your posts) seem to defy the above quoted words.

Or, have you simply given up entirely?

Out of everyone who has posted in any of the 'corona' threads so far (that I have read), you seem to be the most fearful sold-into-the-system member here.

If you truly believe the words quoted above that you said, why are you not "preaching" it?

If you have - sorry - I haven't noticed - because your posts are over-shadowed with:

"Everyone just do what you are told or we will all die!!!" (read/hear: fearful with screaming)

Without going back to re-read all of your posts, this is the [so-far] lasting impression I have from your posts.

Those who would awaken others out of the MATRIX need to stand strong with confidence and courage - not pushing fear - but rather - showing others that there is a solution...

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
Why can you not understand that this is one of the things that the 'freedom' people are trying to get others to see clearly and actually do something about?

Your words and actions (the way you appear to be by the way you write your posts) seem to defy the above quoted words.

Out of everyone who has posted in any of the 'corona' threads so far (that I have read), you seem to be the most fearful sold-into-the-system member here.

If you truly believe the words quoted above that you said, why are you not "preaching" it?

If you have - sorry - I haven't noticed - because your posts are over-shadowed with:

"Everyone just do what you are told or we will all die!!!" (read/hear: fearful with screaming)

Without going back to re-read all of your posts, this is the [so-far] lasting impression I have from your posts.

Those who would awaken others out of the MATRIX need to stand strong with confidence and courage - not pushing fear - but rather - showing others that there is a solution...
you think the earth is flat.

of course, you think there is no virus...

GaryA

Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
you think the earth is flat.

of course, you think there is no virus...
I never said that there was no virus; only, I do not trust media "reporting" as a trustworthy source of untainted information.

I do think it is prudent for people to exercise some common sense and caution; however, I also think this thing is being waaaaay over-hyped.

I believe that what is going on "behind the scenes" is much more dangerous than the virus will ever be - no matter how contagious it actually is.

This situation requires clear thinking on the part of everyone -- not panic.

This "pandemic" has been purposely engineered to destroy freedom/liberty and bring the whole world steps closer to the NWO.

In the end, you will discover that:

~ the whole thing was never as bad as you thought - yet - you lost a whole lot of freedom/liberty that you will probably never regain.

~ the whole thing was an all-too-real effort by the evil powers-that-be to kill off a great percentage of the population of the earth.

In any case, the collective we-the-people population of the earth are letting them "do the thing" and "get away with it" - because - the collective we-the-people population of the earth would rather believe men than God.

The collective we-the-people population of the earth will reap what it sows.

GaryA

Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us

It is not that 'freedom' people want to be law-breakers.

And, "hell-raising" is rarely the best answer for anything.

But, there are intelligent (yes, even law-abiding) things that can be done by any-and-every average person to guard against the loss of life and liberty.

And - it always begins with knowledge - without exception.

There is a time to not defy the lockdowns; however, it is pure absurdity and stupidity to allow them to go on indefinitely.

The constitutionally-defined purpose of the U.S. Federal Government is - in essense - to "see to it" that "life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness" is a continual reality that is maintained for all U.S. citizens in every walk of life.

(I am talking about "favorable conditions" and not a guarantee.)

If everything was what it should be in government, a two-week lockdown attempt to kill a deadly virus in its tracks might simply be looked at as a duty of every citizen - with no over-concern about it.

Unfortunately, everything in government is nowhere even close to what it should be.

And, this makes all the difference in the world.

In the big picture - and, in the long run - the government should be working continually for the people in such a way that absolutely prevents loss-of-liberty in any and every situation as much as is absolutely possible.

In other words - the government should work to minimize "disruption" to our way of life - the freedoms we enjoy.

Let me ask you something --- have you ever known the government to implement anything "temporary" that actually soon proved to be exactly just that?

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
I actually basically agree with your last 2 posts.

but, the heard has been stampeded. I have talked to many people who are really scared.
and scared people do not listen and process very well, nor do they do logical reasoning very well.

so, we reasoning, critical thinkers ( except for the flat earth silliness ) are in the minority.

and the majority ain't listening ...

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
Something about “he who gives up freedom for security in the end winds up with neither” seems to be constantly ringing in my ears these days
Oh that others would see this simple truth.

E

EleventhHour

Not one bit afraid at all.

Just looking at the reality of the situation, the media is not the source of my information anyone who has done even a bit a math on the transmission rate of this virus can see we are not taking about a typical coronavirus.

A lot depends now on how the containment measures work, if things go well then they worked, but some will state is was still hype but then most people do not really inform themselves to any great depth.

Jun 10, 2019
I never said that there was no virus; only, I do not trust media "reporting" as a trustworthy source of untainted information.

I do think it is prudent for people to exercise some common sense and caution; however, I also think this thing is being waaaaay over-hyped.

I believe that what is going on "behind the scenes" is much more dangerous than the virus will ever be - no matter how contagious it actually is.

This situation requires clear thinking on the part of everyone -- not panic.

This "pandemic" has been purposely engineered to destroy freedom/liberty and bring the whole world steps closer to the NWO.

In the end, you will discover that:

~ the whole thing was never as bad as you thought - yet - you lost a whole lot of freedom/liberty that you will probably never regain.

~ the whole thing was an all-too-real effort by the evil powers-that-be to kill off a great percentage of the population of the earth.

In any case, the collective we-the-people population of the earth are letting them "do the thing" and "get away with it" - because - the collective we-the-people population of the earth would rather believe men than God.

The collective we-the-people population of the earth will reap what it sows.
Well the flu illness is around 30 million each year about 100 deaths a day, around 36,500yr in the states, this causes illness to 330 million so far if not contained and continues for months the numbers isn’t hype.

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com
Imagine if the media reported how many people die each day from heart attack, cancer, aneurysm, etc... would it put the deaths due to this one strain into perspective?

Jun 10, 2019
Imagine if the media reported how many people die each day from heart attack, cancer, aneurysm, etc... would it put the deaths due to this one strain into perspective?
that is true then again not 330 million can be effected by a heart attack or having one in 12 months.
this can effect everyone at least that is what is being reported no immunity until being effected.