This Corona virus pandemic could be the weapon that takes our liberties away , all in the name of saving lives?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 28, 2016
this is a good post EH, but we must dig down deep and recognize that 'human-nature'
always nullifies Godly reasoning...
'Thy Kingdom come'.

GaryA

Truth, Honesty, Love, Courage
Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
GaryA,
just because someone is not on the same soap-box as say 'we may be', we still must respect their views
and try and understand where they are speaking from in their life's journey - it's called compassion...
I do understand.
I do agree.
I do have compassion.
I do not always choose the best way to express what I intend to get across. (But, I try.)

Sometimes the "bluntness" of "telling it like it is" overshadows the compassion...?

Thank you for the 'reminder'. :)

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
China had a government-mandated quarantine and I'm told they basically have the virus under control now
It's almost as if quarantine works or something

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com
You sound like you're panicking.
There's no way to control that many people globally, and economy must go on, so this virus will run its course and everything will be back to normal except there will be more delivery and drivethrough available. People will learn to stock up better. Hopefully, wash hands more.

The thing is that people in a lot of areas are unfamiliar with standard measures for stopping epidemics like quarantine or ban on gatherings and are thus completely freaking out, panic shopping, and whatnot...
That's unfortunate that you see it that way. Perhaps you're a bit panicked and read me through that lens? I'm not panicked in the least. I'm making an observation that what is going on now is going to be our new normal for a very long time.

7seasrekeyed

the 'you are not going to tell me what to do' attitude of a number of people here does not bode well for life in general IMO

there is no problem with questioning and wondering especially with all the conflicting reports

an ability to sift through all the info is a real good thing to have and would serve far better than deciding nothing is going on or everyone is dying....take your pick

actually, we pretty much have to sift through info as it is.

I don't know why some have to come on here and blast everyone....who are you trying to convince? others or yourself?

to be expected I guess :cautious:

7seasrekeyed

You sound like you're panicking.
There's no way to control that many people globally, and economy must go on, so this virus will run its course and everything will be back to normal except there will be more delivery and drivethrough available. People will learn to stock up better. Hopefully, wash hands more.

The thing is that people in a lot of areas are unfamiliar with standard measures for stopping epidemics like quarantine or ban on gatherings and are thus completely freaking out, panic shopping, and whatnot...

pretty much

it's like you are in your little sailboat (I used to have one) and a firm hand on the rudder and the sails are nicely set and you are going along and a sudden storm comes up

do you hold the course and do what you need to do to get to a safe place or even ride it out if you can't get to a safe place or do you take your hands off the rudder...clasp you head and scream oh no? or, as some, break out the picnic basket cause ain't nothin going on o_O

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
luther quote.jpg

I've been meaning to post this consistently on the site for a while. It's worth bearing in mind. Regardless of how you feel about it, there is such a thing as remaining above reproach.

As to liberties...the only advice I have to give is to consider your reliance on stores for food in the future. Greenhousing doesn't require that much investment, neither does making jerkies and other long lasting foods. It's a win win, because you could follow the governmental regulations with flying colors and prepare for additional elements.

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com
Going to stores now there isn't a single can of lysol spray disenfectant to be found. One of many out of stock items during this time. I went to a Home Depot to see if they had any painters masks left in stock. Of course not. None expected till July 1st.

A great air purifier that kills virus, mold, bacteria, etc... is a white sage smudge stick. Tribal people have used sage to cleanse the air for centuries. We've always smudged in our house. And Amazon has plenty to order and in all sizes and very reasonable, just as an FYI.

How to smudge a house

SoulWeaver

Oct 25, 2014
That's unfortunate that you see it that way. Perhaps you're a bit panicked and read me through that lens? I'm not panicked in the least. I'm making an observation that what is going on now is going to be our new normal for a very long time.
I was just saying lockdown won't stay. Maybe not you, but it seems from this thread people are afraid that they will stay in some lockdown limbo or permanently lose rights of assembly, etc. It will be a couple of months at the most. This is not sustainable in the long run. US just didn't have any epidemics like that recently. The fear about the mitigation measures is unfounded. These are not abnormal measures for epidemics, and are more aggressive in other countries. Even the communist China is opening it all back up already. How much more so the US.
Anyway... we really didn't talk for a long time and I'm really glad you're still on the forum, although it sucks you're stuck in the house. How have you been doing? :coffee::giggle:

Mar 5, 2020

GaryA

Truth, Honesty, Love, Courage
Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
Please refrain from speaking against it until you understand it sufficiently well enough to have a fully-informed opinion...
:D

So you get to speak and I do not that is rich coming from someone touting liberty.

Isn't the whole point of freedom of speech is to allow dissenting opinions so that people can re-examine their beliefs... really funny!!!

I really do not get it ... this has been going on since 9/11, if not before, and now everyone is outraged about their liberties.

So where was everyone after 9/11 what happened to all those truthers... you know what they gave up because no cares.

The only real liberty now is living off the grid. Other than that you are dependent on the system.

Narrow the discussion what liberties are you referring to? .... rhetorical question .....I am not engaging this conversation further.

You are free to start a militia and be ready ... so far no one was stopping you.
The 'it' that I was referring to (in the first quote above) was specifically in regard to the concerns that some folks have expressed about loosing liberty, etc.

I was saying that their concerns are very legitimate and that you should not dismiss them as some kind of selfish 'nut' (who simply doesn't care if people live or die) until you have had sufficient opportunity to understand their perspective.

I was not making any remark or suggestion to the effect that you should not be allowed to give your opinion just like everyone else. (Far from it.)

I am not against you.

Please don't ever think it.

Instead, when you read my posts, try to see us sitting somewhere quietly drinking our coffee or tea together and "just talking"...

Imagine that -- I am not angry - not yelling or screaming, not trying to back you into a corner, not putting my finger in your face, not doing anything but sitting peacefully sipping my coffee/tea and "just talking"...

Some folks are "outraged about their liberties" (as you put it) because they have watched and seen everyone's liberties being trampled on and taken away - little by little - and sometimes a lot - "right before their very eyes" - and feel as if they are not able to do much of anything about it. And, they certainly don't want to see what is left disappear too quickly. (Or, at all, preferably.)

You sound as if you are ready to give up.

(Everyone - please understand the context.)

Please don't give up.

Living off the grid is good for the meantime; but, soon enough, it will not be sufficient for 'real liberty'.

Starting a militia is not the solution I have in mind.

Mar 5, 2020
Going to stores now there isn't a single can of lysol spray disenfectant to be found. One of many out of stock items during this time. I went to a Home Depot to see if they had any painters masks left in stock. Of course not. None expected till July 1st.

A great air purifier that kills virus, mold, bacteria, etc... is a white sage smudge stick. Tribal people have used sage to cleanse the air for centuries. We've always smudged in our house. And Amazon has plenty to order and in all sizes and very reasonable, just as an FYI.

How to smudge a house
Thank you for this.

Jul 23, 2018
It is indeed
I have been given up on any type of logical discussion on this topic.
Once you abandon to the panicky fear of OMG we are all gonna die...then yes several of us will be unable to get on your page.

E

EleventhHour

Once you abandon to the panicky fear of OMG we are all gonna die...then yes several of us will be unable to get on your page.
You really need to stop with the false accusations it is most unbecoming.

Jul 23, 2018
My point .. she is not stating facts.... because it is selective information leaving much out, therefore not reliable.
She quoted published facts.
Anyone has access to them.
Stop acting like there are figures only you know of and no conservative has a thing to offer or any truth on the matter.
It is obvious,BEYOND OBVIOUS,that they over cooked the numbers. It is not even debatable that they did that.....but where do you plant yourself??? IN DENIAL.

You set yourself squarely with all msm misinformation, shoot down anything against it and the messanger,provide no links,....and then post that politics are muddying up the real truth.

E

EleventhHour

The 'it' that I was referring to (in the first quote above) was specifically in regard to the concerns that some folks have expressed about loosing liberty, etc.

I was saying that their concerns are very legitimate and that you should not dismiss them as some kind of selfish 'nut' (who simply doesn't care if people live or die) until you have had sufficient opportunity to understand their perspective.

I was not making any remark or suggestion to the effect that you should not be allowed to give your opinion just like everyone else. (Far from it.)

I am not against you.

Please don't ever think it.

Instead, when you read my posts, try to see us sitting somewhere quietly drinking our coffee or tea together and "just talking"...

Imagine that -- I am not angry - not yelling or screaming, not trying to back you into a corner, not putting my finger in your face, not doing anything but sitting peacefully sipping my coffee/tea and "just talking"...

Some folks are "outraged about their liberties" (as you put it) because they have watched and seen everyone's liberties being trampled on and taken away - little by little - and sometimes a lot - "right before their very eyes" - and feel as if they are not able to do much of anything about it. And, they certainly don't want to see what is left disappear too quickly. (Or, at all, preferably.)

You sound as if you are ready to give up.

(Everyone - please understand the context.)

Please don't give up.

Living off the grid is good for the meantime; but, soon enough, it will not be sufficient for 'real liberty'.

Starting a militia is not the solution I have in mind.
I was not offended and not going to give up.

I think people are just missing my points altogether so I give up.

Jul 23, 2018
Herd immunity is a goal not a strategy.

With no sense of how many are infected, no knowledge of how many beds will be required, how many ventilators will be required?

I am really not seeing how liberties is part of this?

I was thinking the right to live free from harm from a negligent government would be at the top of the list?

When people die because they were no ventilators available because the government basically went with a crap shoot .....I hope there are class action lawsuits I think that would most appropriate.
When asked why the ventilators sent to NY were stockpiled in a warehouse ,Cuomo said because we were waiting till we needed them.
Trump had sent them earlier.

E

EleventhHour

When asked why the ventilators sent to NY were stockpiled in a warehouse ,Cuomo said because we were waiting till we needed them.
Trump had sent them earlier.
There could be multiple reasons and I have nothing more to say... my approach is one of reason and fact checking .. there are many things we will never know... but there are things we can know.. so important to know which is which.

Opinions and commentary are not helpful... we are dealing with science and math... and even that is limited when a virus is unknown and new.

Good day, be well.