This is alarming and just want to make people aware of it

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

SophieT

House Democrats demand answers on TV 'misinformation rumor mills'
BY REBECCA KLAR - 02/22/21 11:52 AM EST 547

House Democrats are pressing cable and streaming services over their decisions to host channels that the lawmakers accuse of spreading misinformation and conspiracy theories that lead to “real world harm.”

Reps. Anna Eshoo (Calif.) and Jerry McNerney (Calif.), senior members of the House Energy and Commerce Subcommittee on Communications and Technology, sent letters to the companies on Monday questioning their “ethical principles” involved in deciding which channels to carry and when to take action against a channel.

“Misinformation on TV has led to our current polluted information environment that radicalizes individuals to commit seditious acts and rejects public health best practices, among other issues in our public discourse.”

The letter specifically calls out Newsmax, One America Network (OANN) and Fox News.

rest of article

K

kaylagrl

House Democrats are pressing cable and streaming services over their decisions to host channels that the lawmakers accuse of spreading misinformation and conspiracy theories that lead to “real world harm.”

Reps. Anna Eshoo (Calif.) and Jerry McNerney (Calif.), senior members of the House Energy and Commerce Subcommittee on Communications and Technology, sent letters to the companies on Monday questioning their “ethical principles” involved in deciding which channels to carry and when to take action against a channel.

“Misinformation on TV has led to our current polluted information environment that radicalizes individuals to commit seditious acts and rejects public health best practices, among other issues in our public discourse.”

The letter specifically calls out Newsmax, One America Network (OANN) and Fox News.

rest of article

So essentially their rivals, rofl. No truth but their truth. Big surprise.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
This is a direct attack on the First Amendment, and freedom of speech and expression. It is also another tentacle of the Totalitarian State being established by Democrats, now that they know that no one can challenge the election fraud through the corrupted courts (who will also refuse to uphold the First Amendment.)

But where is the pushback from all the so-called conservatives in the Senate and Congress??? And even the cable and news services should have become very vocal by now, and circulated petitions opposing this nonsense. Why are such motions being allowed to be voiced, instead of being shut down immediately?

The "real world harm" is being done by Biden and the Democrats and there is little or no opposition to the evil which is being perpetrated.

Edify

Jan 27, 2021
This is a direct attack on the First Amendment, and freedom of speech and expression. It is also another tentacle of the Totalitarian State being established by Democrats, now that they know that no one can challenge the election fraud through the corrupted courts (who will also refuse to uphold the First Amendment.)

But where is the pushback from all the so-called conservatives in the Senate and Congress??? And even the cable and news services should have become very vocal by now, and circulated petitions opposing this nonsense. Why are such motions being allowed to be voiced, instead of being shut down immediately?

The "real world harm" is being done by Biden and the Democrats and there is little or no opposition to the evil which is being perpetrated.
I agree. But I must admit, when I watched the whole thing from Nov 3 on, it looked like Trump would actually do something about it. Then when he walked out & left, I felt like I had been watching a big political soap opera on both sides. Especially when the Democrats start throwing lies & hate speach around like slinging water out of a bucket. It was so obvious to me & you, but the public just swallowed it up. It was then I realized we're waaay closer to the end than I thought. The scripture came to mind in Romans 11:25 where it says "blindness has in part happened to Israel" This verse doesn't fit, but the fact that an entire nation can be blind? I think it has happened to the US. That's why it's so easy for the Democrats to steal the election & grin like the cat that ate the canary. I absolutely detest their smug looks as they do nothing but blame the Republicans for what thet did on live TV.

Mar 4, 2020

rest of article
If you haven't noticed yet this 'cancel culture' is just fascism rebranded and repackaged under the guise of the Democrat party.

Pay particularly close attention to the language they use; they are often telling you their intentions in a way that's disarming enough to seem palatable.

For example, the bit about saying that alleged misinformation from 'rumor mills' leads to "real world harm" might actually be foreshadowing to a false flag in the coming days.

Notice they also just called freedom of the press a 'rumor mill' because while the media is often guilty of that, it's projecting their own guilt onto their political enemies.

Remember Alex Jones of InfoWars? Julian Assange of WikiLeaks? Those were actually just reporters practicing journalism, not criminals. They'll attempt to destroy their political enemies if they can.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
nothing alarming about it, its just exactly what people do when they are politcially slandering each other on either side. Nothing new. Happens all the time!

S

SophieT

They had 4 years to plan their takeover knowing full well that Trump would sweep them all away for another tem.

I truly have lost respect for the Republicans as a party and term limits are so badly needed it's like the desert needing rain. :cautious:

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
nothing alarming about it, its just exactly what people do when they are politcially slandering each other on either side. Nothing new. Happens all the time!
If you are not alarmed by the establishment of Totalitarianism in free countries, then you really need to have your head examined.

S

SophieT

If you haven't noticed yet this 'cancel culture' is just fascism rebranded and repackaged under the guise of the Democrat party.

Pay particularly close attention to the language they use; they are often telling you their intentions in a way that's disarming enough to seem palatable.

For example, the bit about saying that alleged misinformation from 'rumor mills' leads to "real world harm" might actually be foreshadowing to a false flag in the coming days.

Notice they also just called freedom of the press a 'rumor mill' because while the media is often guilty of that, it's projecting their own guilt onto their political enemies.

Remember Alex Jones of InfoWars? Julian Assange of WikiLeaks? Those were actually just reporters practicing journalism, not criminals. They'll attempt to destroy their political enemies if they can.

I do not believe anything the left says and have grown somewhat sceptical about the right also :confused:

Trump called the mess 'the swamp'. it's more like the La Brea tarpits.

Mar 4, 2020
I do not believe anything the left says and have grown somewhat sceptical about the right also :confused:

Trump called the mess 'the swamp'. it's more like the La Brea tarpits.
Yes agreed. I raised an eyebrow when Fox was mentioned in this article because , in my honest opinion, it isn't very right wing anymore.

It's more like they are not very critical of Republicans and conservatives usually, but don't exactly overtly support them, either, while drip feeding progressive ideas. I'm pretty sure Fox is a honeypot meant to lure in conservatives with the end goal of turning them leftist.

I just prefer to stick with the Bible these days.

S

SophieT

Yes agreed. I raised an eyebrow when Fox was mentioned in this article because , in my honest opinion, it isn't very right wing anymore.

It's more like they are not very critical of Republicans and conservatives usually, but don't exactly overtly support them, either, while drip feeding progressive ideas. I'm pretty sure Fox is a honeypot meant to lure in conservatives with the end goal of turning them leftist.

I just prefer to stick with the Bible these days.

Agree. Thanks to Fox becoming wishy washy in their desire for ratings plus a management change over, we now have other conservative tv channels up and coming.

The way they dumped Lou Dobbs is a bad move on their part and they will not let him out of his contract, so they continue to pay him yet silence his voice. Very telling of the direction they are going in.

I don't think what they are doing is smart enough to challenge any actual conservatives to change their minds.

Seems to me tv personalities think we are dumb or ignorant. And that sounds like being aware of the devices of the devil. Sneak one in and deceive.

Sad and they have lost ratings, but not enough because they retain certain individuals

Mar 4, 2020
Agree. Thanks to Fox becoming wishy washy in their desire for ratings plus a management change over, we now have other conservative tv channels up and coming.

The way they dumped Lou Dobbs is a bad move on their part and they will not let him out of his contract, so they continue to pay him yet silence his voice. Very telling of the direction they are going in.

I don't think what they are doing is smart enough to challenge any actual conservatives to change their minds.

Seems to me tv personalities think we are dumb or ignorant. And that sounds like being aware of the devices of the devil. Sneak one in and deceive.

Sad and they have lost ratings, but not enough because they retain certain individuals
Yeah for sure. OANN seems decent for a news station. I wouldn't really call them right wing either. I watched them for a while and I felt like the language they used was meant to be informative rather than persuasive.

Maybe they're being attacked because they aren't on the liberal mainstream media propaganda bandwagon? If people think for themselves or hear different narratives on a different news station then they might wake up and realize there are more options than the ones presented.

What is Newsmax?

S

SophieT

Yeah for sure. OANN seems decent for a news station. I wouldn't really call them right wing either. I watched them for a while and I felt like the language they used was meant to be informative rather than persuasive.

Maybe they're being attacked because they aren't on the liberal mainstream media propaganda bandwagon? If people think for themselves or hear different narratives on a different news station then they might wake up and realize there are more options than the ones presented.

What is Newsmax?
Well OAN aired that docu put together by Mike Lindell regarding the fraudulent voting schemes that were so successfully enacted and they would definitely be on the radar of dismissing and cancel for that alone. But I do agree their bent seems to be more of the informative nature...or 'just the facts' the way it is supposed to be.

These days, it seems much of the news is of the opinion piece persuasion and the 'what do you think' variety of professional crystal ball gazing :rolleyes:

Newsmax:
Newsmax is a conservative American news and opinion website founded by Christopher Ruddy on September 16, 1998, and operated by Newsmax Media. The website is divided into four main sections: Newsmax, Newsmax Health, Newsmax Finance, and Newsmax World, each divided into various subsections. Wikipedia

I tried to put a link to their .com but could not reach the site for some reason

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
Should fake news be protected by the first amendment?

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
what I find alarming is, that a boy kicked a girl and thought he could get away with it at school when no teachers were there (in the library at the time) She was hurt and its not like she was going to keep silent about it.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I find in those instances there are plenty of eyewitnesses that can back people up when the perpatatrators then start trying to claim their victim is lying.

in this case, the other children saw what happened.

S

SophieT

what I find alarming is, that a boy kicked a girl and thought he could get away with it at school when no teachers were there (in the library at the time) She was hurt and its not like she was going to keep silent about it.

This has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the op.

Do you have any other sage words to offer?

in this case, the other children saw what happened.
give it a rest lanolin. you are just trying to add a bunny trail as you sometimes do

S

SophieT

Should fake news be protected by the first amendment?
Should half the population be told to shut up and put up?

Despite the constant lying of the left, the right countered with words, never trying to shut the whole cabal down. Although that would be a good thing if you ask me :whistle:

phil36

Feb 12, 2009
I think any move to quell free speech or 'News' broadcasters etc is a dangerous move. It doesn't matter if they are left or right, or whether we agree with their view point or not. free speech and a 'free' press is the corner stone to any democracy.

I